• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Discussion Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Don't take me too seriously... though, I did like Mario in Super Mario RPG as his personality was pretty funny and interesting for a change.

And Isaac does have personality. He's a Venus Adept. So he obviously represents love, fertility, and beauty.

You heard the woman. Isaac is love, fertility and beauty.

Have you fallen in love yet? :troll:

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Not like having a distinguished personality means to much in smash anyway. It's all about what the character brings to the table
This so much. Heck, since when have Ice Climbers or even Pit (before Uprising, of course) shown any character or emotion?

...I'll get back under the table now..

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Yo you lot the ''SSB4 Speculation Lottery''

Thread got locked and is dead...why?
Someone go make a new one?
And close at E3..like WTF...why...so baffed...

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Issac is pretty dull though. Never did understand why people would like generic stuff like that, but then again I do question the reasons for a lot of things in general.
For many people Little Mac is pretty boring too (all he can do is punch), yet Little Mac and Isaac are by far the most wanted new series newcomers (ignoring Mega Man). I can't comment on Isaac as a character since I never played the GS games, however, I think a lot of his popularity derives from how many people enjoyed his series.

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
At this point there should be a bigger focus on fixing the flaws with every character. There doesn't really need to be new characters at this point, but what is needed is a better sense of balance.

Of course, people are going to disagree with that because they are a bunch of nitwits that simply want more.
Since when has anyone ever bought a Smash Bros game for the gameplay balance instead of the character roster size?
Also didn't you make this exact same post a few weeks back, or was it someone else?

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388

You heard the woman. Isaac is love, fertility and beauty.

Have you fallen in love yet? :troll:
Grrr, Swampa. Are you TRYING to make me fangirl? You peeps seriously do these things on purpose. >.> I'm joking. ;)

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Grrr, Swampa. Are you TRYING to make me fangirl? You peeps seriously do these things on purpose. >.> I'm joking. ;)
I'm just trying to spread the Isaac love. Doesn't everyone like love? :troll:

In all seriousness Isaac should really be in smash!

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Yes, because jumping around yelling "YAHOO" is such deep and enticing character development...
And is the main reason why Luigi is much more appealing. Hell, you have all these memes centering Luigi. What's Mario got besides his games where he does the same thing in every game?

Now here's the million dollar question. Should Mario get some character development?

Popsydoodles

Smash Journeyman
And is the main reason why Luigi is much more appealing. Hell, you have all these memes centering Luigi. What's Mario got besides his games where he does the same thing in every game?

Now here's the million dollar question. Should Mario get some character development?
Like what? Like him seeing a therapist to figure out why hes so happy when he jumps are why he eats so many shrooms?

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Ignoring the others masturbating to fictional characters for a second...

Well, anything at this point would better then being flatter then 5 year old soda. Give me a reason to be interested in Mario over the other characters.

bobadz

Smash Ace
Ignoring the others masturbating to fictional characters for a second.../quote]
Ha. Nice.

IWell, anything at this point would better then being flatter then 5 year old soda. Give me a reason to be interested in Mario over the other characters.
true. Then again the last time a Nintendo character started talking, people hated it. "coughsamusandothermcough".

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Well, anything at this point would better then being flatter then 5 year old soda. Give me a reason to be interested in Mario over the other characters.
Mario's a vocaloid music producer?

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Mario doesn't really need to have a deep character. He's a children's character. He needs to be simple.

He does need some character to be liked by older audiences though.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Mario is the most successful and most famous video game character in the world, are you really going to tell him what he needs.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Mario is the most successful and most famous video game character in the world, are you really going to tell him what he needs.
We just did.

This is why these kind of characters don't do much for me. I can't relate to someone so plain, so Gary Stu. At least Mattel was smart to turn Barbie into a Parody Sue in their web series.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
He does need some character to be liked by older audiences though.
I've got the perfect way to relate to older audiences:

But in all seriousness this discussion probably belongs in the Social Thread.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
I just don't think that the Donkey Kong series warrants four characters.However it definately deserves three.
I know im the outsider in this sense with my opinion on it, but id rather have DK Jr as the 3rd rep. We havent seen the little guy in years, and hed be a retro and DK rep all in one, its just the kind of move sakurai would pull too.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Wat? wat? wat? wat? watttttttttttttttttt? DK Jr. above King K.Rool?

Blazeth

Smash Apprentice
I know im the outsider in this sense with my opinion on it, but id rather have DK Jr as the 3rd rep. We havent seen the little guy in years, and hed be a retro and DK rep all in one, its just the kind of move sakurai would pull too.
I don't think it's entirely impossible.
But putting DK Jr. in is like Putting Baby Mario in.
No one would want him, because it's just a weaker version of a current character.
The exception of Bowser Jr. is he has much more moveset potentiality.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Bowser Jr would be better acceptable.

DK Jr. is just the worst thing possible like seriously man. Why you wish this doom to befall on me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom