• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Discussion Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
A poll.

Slippy > Krystal

Yes or no?
I still say that Slippy should've been added to the poll. I wanted to see how many people would've voted for him(besides me of course).
I actually want both Palutena and Medusa in SSB4.
In my opinion, this would be the ideal Kid Icarus representation:

Playable characters: Pit (w/ Dark Pit alt.*), Palutena, Medusa
Assist Trophies: Eggplant Wizard, Centurion
Boss: Hades (could also/instead appear as an Assist Trophy and/or Smash Taunt conversation)
Cameos in conversations: Viridi, Phosphora, Pandora, Pyrrhon, Dyntos and possibly other gods/powerful beings.
Possible items: Drink of the Gods (recovers 200%), Medusa Head (fires beams that convert foes to stone)

* would change voice clips and triggered conversations (Pit and Dark Pit share the same voice actors in both Japanese and English voiceovers, so it's not a stretch)
You're forgetting one worthy assist trophy.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I still say that Slippy should've been added to the poll. I wanted to see how many people would've voted for him(besides me of course).

You're forgetting one worthy assist trophy.

HOW?!?! HOW COULD I FORGET THE MIMICUTIE!!

Brb, everyone, I'm gonna commit sudoku.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Slippy vs. Krystal

2010 (300 votes): Krystal comes in 4th with 132 votes, Slippy got below 50 votes and did not rank that year
2011 (700 votes) Krystal comes in 7th with 292 votes, Slippy got below 100 votes and did not rank that year
Part 1 2012 (400 votes) Krystal comes in 7th with 202 vots, Slippy comes in 102nd place with 31 votes
Part 2 of 2012 - Part 1 of 2013 I use 25 of the most commonly requested newcomers on a smaller poll, Slippy does not make it

You see why.

BUT my post E3 poll will have Slippy again, so, be ready.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Ew Magnus. That mortal is not worthy!

Slippy vs. Krystal

2010 (300 votes): Krystal comes in 4th with 132 votes, Slippy got below 50 votes and did not rank that year
2011 (700 votes) Krystal comes in 7th with 292 votes, Slippy got below 100 votes and did not rank that year
Part 1 2012 (400 votes) Krystal comes in 7th with 202 vots, Slippy comes in 102 place with 31 votes
Part 2 of 2012 - Part 1 of 2013 I use 25 of the most commonly requested newcomers on a smaller poll, Slippy does not make it

You see why.
Oh. :urg:

See Slippy? Why couldn't you be some cute dorky mechanic frog girl from the start? I'm sure that would've helped you get some votes. And don't get me started on the shipping.

I honestly did think Slippy was a girl back in the day when I first played Starfox 64.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Going back to the Krystal discussion, I know there are a few here that say "nah that would never happen", but I have a strong hunch that the next Star Fox game is going to be a reboot to the series, and we are not going to have any of the post-64 characters in it.

That being said I am not sure whether a new Star Fox or Metroid Prime is in development, there are rumors for each of them, and Retro can only be working on one of them. There is also rumors of a new Donkey Kong too, which Retro could possibly be developing too.

I am curious if Krystal (and the rest of the post-64 cast) is left out of a Star Fox reboot whether there would even be an outcry about them being gone, and if there is, whether the developers and the rest of the fanbase will simply go "lol furries" and not care.

Its interesting that we got so much new software for the 3DS unveiled, yet for the Wii U much is still shrouded in mystery. I have a feeling we are going to have a whole slew of new first-party and third-party software shown at E3 2013.

I still can't believe we are less than two months away from an unveil. Its such a short time away compared to how long we have been waiting, yet it feels so long.

Anyway, the one thing I am curious about in regards to E3 2013 software is Miyamoto's new IP. We are definitely going to be seeing it, and there is a good chance that it will even be released this year.

I think its a possibility that such a character could show up in Smash 4, however, I think unless Sakurai was given a sneak peak at the character, he/she/it probably missed the boat for Smash 4.

D

Deleted member

I would be happy if this is how the Mario series is represented in SSB4:

Playable characters: Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Toad
Assist Trophies: Waluigi, Rosalina, Birdo
Adventure Mode bosses: Bowser Jr. (in a Koopa Clown Car mech)
Stages based on each series: New Super Mario Bros., Paper Mario, Super Mario Galaxy, Mario Kart, and Super Mario 3D Land plus Luigi's Mansion as past stage
I would seriously love this to happen to the Mario franchise.
volbound1000 said:
Petey Piranha was already a boss in Super Smash Brothers Brawl so Sakurai at least recognizes his popularity. Waluigi was an AT. I have a feeling most the new comers will be former ATs (Little Mac, Isaac, Starfy, etc.).
I don't think that being an Assist Trophy necessarily increase your chance of getting in. While it doesn't really hurt to be an Assist Trophy (generally, that is), I don't think anyone gets an advantage with being an Assist Trophy.

Popsydoodles

Smash Journeyman
I think those really obscure or less desired characters would best be suited for assist trophies. Of course we're allowed to hope they'll be more than that

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I think those really obscure or less desired characters would best be suited for assist trophies. Of course we're allowed to hope they'll be more than that
Thing is, Sakurai will have to look for obscure characters now. Once he adds Ridley, K.rool, Mewtwo, Roy and Megaman, there aren't a lot of big names left. That's where Little Mac, Isaac, Shulk, Takamaru, and the like come in.

Popsydoodles

Smash Journeyman
I'm aware of who the those characters are. I wasn't sure if he was saying that those characters are the ones left to be assist trophies

bobadz

Smash Ace
I'm aware of who the those characters are. I wasn't sure if he was saying that those characters are the ones left to be assist trophies
I think he's saying these characters are both obscure, and interesting enough robe playable.

Because there are only a few major characters that are not yet playable, so they need to look into nintendo's history for characters.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Edit: I think the word you're looking for is Seppuku. Also no Magnus AT?
Yes, I know that the word I meant is seppuku. I just replaced with sudoku for funnier results.

Magnus AT could work too... Shamefur dispray #2.

Thing is, Sakurai will have to look for obscure characters now. Once he adds Ridley, K.rool, Mewtwo, Roy and Megaman, there aren't a lot of big names left. That's where Little Mac, Isaac, Shulk, Takamaru, and the like come in.
Ridley, K. Rool, Mewtwo and (arguably) Palutena are the only "All-Stars" left, really.

Also, should I assume that most Krystal supporters that supported her for her moveset potential because of her staff support now Palutena?

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Considering that half of the roster is not familiar to the typical filthy casual average Joe, there shouldn't be a lot of worry about what is and isn't an iconic figure. What's more important is a figure people can be attracted to, as Sakurai puts it "to make people want to play the game".

Popsydoodles

Smash Journeyman
Because there are only a few major characters that are not yet playable, so they need to look into nintendo's history for characters.
I agree with all the major characters already being playable and thats why i see this upcoming smash to most likely be the last or it being around like 15+ years before a new one is made.And if this ends up being the case i expect a lot of dlc. Wasn't brawl said to be the last anyways?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Don't know where I've seen this, but I remember reading some comments saying that Sakurai should leave the SSB series, because of Nintendo always hiring him to make SSB games and claiming that Sakurai was tired of making SSB games... a load of bull, especially when you consider that Sakurai himself stated that he thought of the SSB series during KI:U development.

Related to Mewtwo, I've seen people commenting that "if the original creators of Pokémon saw Mewtwo's new form, they would be disappointed." The magnitude of the ignorance coming from such comments irk me.

D

Deleted member

If there are any like that, they're morons. They wouldn't play similarly at all.
Just to be the devil's advocate, how so?

I haven't played KIU mind you... Nor SF Adventures.

(I really SHOULD play SF Adv, I can get it easy, and it's a Zelda clone...)

bobadz

Smash Ace
Don't know where I've seen this, but I remember reading some comments saying that Sakurai should leave the SSB series, because of Nintendo always hiring him to make SSB games and claiming that Sakurai was tired of making SSB games... a load of bull, especially when you consider that Sakurai himself stated that he thought of the SSB series during KI:U development.

Related to Mewtwo, I've seen people commenting that "if the original creators of Pokémon saw Mewtwo's new form, they would be disappointed." The magnitude of the ignorance coming from such comments irk me.
Fun fact: every Pokemon has been designed by the same person since gen 1.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Ignorance of magnitude 10 on Richter Scale detected. :p Seriously, people should research before saying something that makes them a laughing stock.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Yes, I know that the word I meant is seppuku. I just replaced with sudoku for funnier results.

Magnus AT could work too... Shamefur dispray #2.

Ridley, K. Rool, Mewtwo and (arguably) Palutena are the only "All-Stars" left, really.

Also, should I assume that most Krystal supporters that supported her for her moveset potential because of her staff support now Palutena?
I think Toad can be considered a Nintendo All-Star, too. Toad(s) are playable in both main games and spin-off games just like Mario, Luigi, Peach, and Yoshi(s). He's pretty iconic enough to get a costume in Tekken Tag Tournament 2 along other Nintendo characters who are actually playable in Smash (Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Link, Zelda, Sheik, Ganondorf, Zero Suit Samus, Fox, Captain Falcon).

ChronoBound

Smash Hero

I would say Little Mac and maybe Toad fit the all-star description better than Palutena.

As for Palutena, I would say its more probable that former Krystal supporters jumped ship to her because:
attractive human female (yeah, yeah, I know she is technically a goddess) >>>>> anthro female

for most males.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Just to be the devil's advocate, how so?
For starters, Palutena has varies power related to her godly status, mainly those related to light due to being the Goddess of Light. Also Palutena does not seem as "agile" as Krystal and instead prefers a more defensive approach of combat by standing (or levitating in this case) away and spamming different projectiles, summoning centurions, and blinding the field with light.

Popsydoodles

Smash Journeyman
If palutena were playable would pit's final smash still have her in the background or would he get a new one? Or would it even really matter?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Given that Palutena is the goddess of light, I think she should probably be agile... since light travels very fast.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Oh, The page I'm looking at that gave me this info doesn't say that. Weird.
Ken Sugomi does the artwork. He is not responsible for all of the designs however.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom