• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Discussion Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
As for Palutena, I would say its more probable that former Krystal supporters jumped ship to her because:
attractive human female (yeah, yeah, I know she is technically a goddess) >>>>> anthro female
People actually do that? lol

I mean, yeah, Palutena is nice-looking and all, but that has to be like the ultimate form of thinking with your penis :laugh:

D

Deleted member

If palutena were playable would pit's final smash still have her in the background or would he get a new one? Or would it even really matter?
I'd imagine that if Palutena becomes playable that Pit would get a Final Smash from Kid Icarus: Uprising.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Fun fact: every Pokemon has been designed by the same person since gen 1.
Really only one? I thought they were a group of people, like 4/5.
All Pokémon belonging to Gens I-II were designed by Ken Sugimori, one of the founders of Game Freak alongside series creator Satoshi Tajiri.

Since Gen III, the Pokémon have been designed by a group of artists employed by Game Freak, under Sugimori's supervision: Sugimori is the one who choose which designs make into the games or not, while also altering the art team's designs to his art style.

bobadz

Smash Ace
Ken Sugomi does the artwork. He is not responsible for all of the designs however.
All Pokémon belonging to Gens I-II were designed by Ken Sugimori, one of the founders of Game Freak alongside series creator Satoshi Tajiri.

Since Gen III, the Pokémon have been designed by a group of artists employed by Game Freak, under Sugimori's supervision: Sugimori is the one who choose which designs make into the games or not, while also altering the art team's designs to his art style.
Oh, so that's why he's cretided as illustrator instead of Character/ Pokemon Designer.

Ether way, he approved Mewtwo's awakened forme.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
If people that supported Krystel were really jumping onto Palutena, we'd be seeing more lewd pictures of Palutena floating around here posted by a bunch of horny men. But that's not the case.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Don't know where I've seen this, but I remember reading some comments saying that Sakurai should leave the SSB series, because of Nintendo always hiring him to make SSB games and claiming that Sakurai was tired of making SSB games... a load of bull, especially when you consider that Sakurai himself stated that he thought of the SSB series during KI:U development.

Related to Mewtwo, I've seen people commenting that "if the original creators of Pokémon saw Mewtwo's new form, they would be disappointed." The magnitude of the ignorance coming from such comments irk me.
As evidenced by the Smash-like menu interface, the challenge boards, and Idols in Uprising.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
One of the designers is not Japanese indeed, but he's not American: he's British.

He designed the Vanillite line, Golett line and Vullaby line for a total of 7 Pokémon.
Wow. Besides the Golett line, those are really terrible designs.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Correction, but he didn't design Vullaby and Mandibuzz. Only Vullaby was designed by him, while Mandibuzz was designed by Sugimori.
Well, I've heard that as well (and in fact I posted exactly what you said), but Bulbapedia says otherwise...

D

Deleted member

Really only one? I thought they were a group of people, like 4/5.
It IS a group of people, he doesn't know what he's talking about. Only 200 were designed by the same guy, (forget his name...).

For starters, Palutena has varies power related to her godly status, mainly those related to light due to being the Goddess of Light. Also Palutena does not seem as "agile" as Krystal and instead prefers a more defensive approach of combat by standing (or levitating in this case) away and spamming different projectiles, summoning centurions, and blinding the field with light.
Sounds cool, I always pictured Palutena as a more defensive character, here's to us getting a decent Zoner in Smash 4. Also hoping Zelda gets redone.

Anyway, considering "Zelda LttP2: Rehash Edition: We Feed Off Your Nostalgia" was announced on Wed, what are the shots of us seeing some Classic Zelda content in Smash 4? I suppose that's the ONLY good thing to come out of that. I'd be in for Toon Link getting a Classic Link Alt. Costume. Likewise an OoT Link costume for Vanilla Link.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
People actually do that? lol

I mean, yeah, Palutena is nice-looking and all, but that has to be like the ultimate form of thinking with your penis :laugh:
No they don't... his reasoning is about as supported by facts as the next StarFox being a reboot.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I think Zelda/Sheik's moves are OK by the way, they're just too ****ing slow. Especially the transformation and the Din's Fire imho.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
They should have made an apple pie pokemon if they wanted to make it American

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Shouldn't we just have a globe pokemon and get it over with?

What are we going to be going into stereotypes?

A Russian bear pokemon?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
No they don't... his reasoning is about as supported by facts as the next StarFox being a reboot.
Well, there is a lot of people calling for a reboot, and even gaming media is asking for one. The GCN/DS games were also much less popular that the SNES/N64 games and were seven years ago, so yes there is a significant ground for my theory.

Also, its not a foolish belief to say that some of Krystal's supporters jumped over to Palutena considering there has been at least a few people in this thread that said that they supported Krystal during pre-Brawl but don't anymore.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I thought people jumped ship on Krystal because people started to realize that the character wasn't as worthy as people thought and were put off by the disturbing fanservice.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Actually people jumped ship when Wolf was confirmed and they realized that StarFox is undeserving of 4 characters, so she won't be in.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I thought people jumped ship on Krystal because people started to realize that the character wasn't as worthy as people thought and were put off by the disturbing fanservice.
That's what I thought too. I haven't see many people support Krystal since the Brawl days. I thought that she would've a decent character actually. Granted she's not a priority or anything like that.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Actually people jumped ship when Wolf was confirmed and they realized that StarFox is undeserving of 4 characters, so she won't be in.
No, there was a lot of people who were initially angry that Wolf got confirmed (because they though Krystal was guaranteed due to the voice actress leak) and due to being another "clone" (when in actuality Wolf set himself apart far more than Falco did, and even his specials worked very differently). However, a year after Brawl's release, most people realized that Wolf getting in was the right move.

bobadz

Smash Ace
Question if there is a Star Fox reboot announced at E3, and the developers say it will only feature characters from Star Fox 64, and Sakurai adds a new Star Fox Rep. Who do you think it'll be?

Also if Mewtwo gets in whith his new voice Sakurai killed 3 birds with one stone. One: Popular gen 1 rep. Two: a gen 6 rep. And Three: most fans will refer to New Mewtwo as a she. (you have n idea how many times I've seen Mewtwo refers to as a he despite being genderless.)

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Shouldn't we just have a globe pokemon and get it over with?
If we have a globe Pokemon it should be a legendary. It can be a Ground, Fire, Flying, Water, and Psychic type with green, red, yellow and white for a color palette.
What are we going to be going into stereotypes?
Isn't Arcanine based off a Fu-Dog? I guess Arcanine is our Chinese Pokemon.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Question if there is a Star Fox reboot announced at E3, and the developers say it will only feature characters from Star Fox 64, and Sakurai adds a new Star Fox Rep. Who do you think it'll be?
I sincerely doubt that if the Star Fox reboot goes back to 64 that there will be calls for a Star Fox newcomer among the Star Fox/64 cast. Slippy/Peppy only have a few requests, as well as Leon. As for as requests for a Star Fox newcomer go, Krystal is the only one that registers on the radar.

I think then Sakurai will just work on differentiating Fox and Falco more, while Wolf may get his own specials and Final Smash.

D

Deleted member

Well, there is a lot of people calling for a reboot, and even gaming media is asking for one. The GCN/DS games were also much less popular that the SNES/N64 games and were seven years ago, so yes there is a significant ground for my theory.

Also, its not a foolish belief to say that some of Krystal's supporters jumped over to Palutena considering there has been at least a few people in this thread that said that they supported Krystal during pre-Brawl but don't anymore.
I don't care if it's a reboot or not. I just want a Star Fox that doesn't suck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom