• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Discussion Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Petey returns as a trophy at best. I bet he won't be a boss again. Ridley and Porky could be though.

Krystal has a developed personality, it's just a really really bad one.
Her personality is fine in every game but Command. Command is poop.

Would you rather a character have no personality than one you dislike?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well, she's not the type people like for her personality

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Krystal? Why, isn't this another touchy subject like that other hot and fiery topic too.

I think I'll be enjoying this...

Also, Star Fox doesn't need another rep. Metroid, Donkey Kong and Kid Icarus do. (Ridley, K. Rool and Palutena, anyone?)

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Well, she's not the type people like for her personality
I don't see any reason to like this character at all. Except for the obvious sex appeal for her artwork and fan art, if you're into that sort of thing.

But I'd rather not talk about her here. What were we talking about again? Petey Piranha?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Just give this thread some light on a Medusa related discussion, I've made a discovery.

Medusa is starting to receive more fanart on Pixiv lately due to this year being the Year of the Snake. Coincidence? I think not! Though that still doesn't help her chances that much. :urg:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
On the Petey subject...Anyone else never play as Petey in Mario Kart: Double Dash because of his over-sized head? Seriously, whenever he's in the back I find it annoying because he takes up the screen too much...I don't even know why I'm complaining about this. I'm usually not one to complain...

Anyway, it's a shame Petey Piranha isn't popular. I loved him ever since Mario Sunshine and he's one of my fave villains. Though, personally I think he's unlikely as a fighter at this point and I'd prefer to see Toad and/or Bowser Jr. get in first.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I'm still hoping her to be DLC at least since she does have more history with Palutena and Pit than Jaydes Hades. He'd be better off as someone to talk to on Pit's special codec since he's better as a troller than a fighter.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think they should have gone all out and used the NES Palette

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Krystal? Why, isn't this another touchy subject like that other hot and fiery topic too.
I'm guessing this is my cue to burn this subject to ashes.

For Krystal, she's a useless **** who leeches off the Star Fox team just so she can get to Fox's hairy ****. There is very little to her that warrants an inclusion in Super Smash Bros., aside from pandering to horny teenage boys.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I agree Medusa is very good and probably the best female choice Smash Bros. as for now.
Still though I understand that Palutena should be the first Kid Icarus character to join the roster.
I would accept Medusa as a semi-clone, if it's the only way for her to get in.

A poll.

Slippy > Krystal

Yes or no?
General Pepper > all

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Animating the snakes in her hair shouldn't really be that big of a problem since they turned out great in Uprising.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Slippy was the character I always picked in Starfox 64 because he was a frog

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Viridi would probably be even better then Medusa moveset wise. All dem plant based attacks and her final smash begin a reverse nuke.

Still wants Medusa the more though

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
In my opinion, this would be the ideal Kid Icarus representation:

Playable characters: Pit (w/ Dark Pit alt.*), Palutena, Medusa
Assist Trophies: Eggplant Wizard, Centurion
Boss: Hades (could also/instead appear as an Assist Trophy and/or Smash Taunt conversation)
Cameos in conversations: Viridi, Phosphora, Pandora, Pyrrhon, Dyntos and possibly other gods/powerful beings.
Possible items: Drink of the Gods (recovers 200%), Medusa Head (fires beams that convert foes to stone)

* would change voice clips and triggered conversations (Pit and Dark Pit share the same voice actors in both Japanese and English voiceovers, so it's not a stretch)

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I could still see Viridi getting in over Medusa as a possible Palutena clone. Sakurai seems to have a soft spot for her. He said he gave all her hearts to her. Sakurai a loli-lover confirmed. :troll: Now we understand why Toon Zelda was planned.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
wouldnt it be weird to be using medusa as a character and then pick up the item medusa's head?
There's Medusa (the goddess herself) and the Medusa Head item which is a miniature of Medusa's head that fires petrifying beams.

Edit: Ninja'd.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I could still see Viridi getting in over Medusa as a possible Palutena clone. Sakurai seems to have a soft spot for her. He said he gave all her hearts to her. Sakurai a loli-lover confirmed. :troll: Now we understand why Toon Zelda was planned.
Would that explain all the hint-hint to Panel De Pon? Like all the references?

Well I guess it's now a good thing to be loli. :troll:

Ashley confirmed

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
For me, Palutena is my most wanted Kid Icarus newcomer. Though, she isn't that high up on my list...dunno why. I think I'm neutral on her.

Also, I'd love to see floor ice cream as a new health item.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Assuming that firing petrifying beams would be a part of a medusa moveset...How would her using the item be any different?
It could be used by any characters, much like some characters (such as the Ice Climbers) have freezing attacks but there's the Freezie to freeze opponents as any character.

@Loli talk: No love for Nowi? :troll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom