• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Discussion Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I can only think of these guys as surprising:
Ninten (As Earthbound gets a Virtual Console release, it might be the right time have Ninten on the roster if Sakurai were to listen to Earthbound fans)

Tom Nook (I think we all know a villager would be uninspiring)

Duck Hunt Dog (I would love to see him, just to piss off people with his taunts)

Non-Specific Action Figure (Although I would prefer him as the new Tabuu)

LttP Link (LttP sequel)

and Baby Mario (Yoshi's Island 3DS)

volbound1700

Smash Master
How about Petey Piranha? He was a Boss in Brawl, Sunshine. He also has appeared in Mario Golf Toadstool Tour, All the Mario baseball games, Super Mario Strikers, Mario Power Tennis, and some of the Mario Kart games.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Baby Mario riding Yoshi? I wouldn't like it, as it would be a drastic change for a veteran character since the original Smash Bros. on N64. Unless it is an alternate mode or such, it's not a good idea.
Luigi Poltergust-based only? Not a good idea, in my opinion, seeing how FLUDD was poorly received. It would alienate people who are already used to play as him, unless it was an alternate mode for him or something.
Some revived moveset like for Ganondorf or Link? Ganondorf seriously needs his own moveset instead of being a Falcon clone.
Responses in bold.

Marth is the only character that matters, and anyone that thinks otherwise is an idiot. Everyone else from Fire Emblem can thrown out the window with no ill side effects, due to how disposable they are.
Such compelling evidence.

bobadz

Smash Ace
Marth is the only character that matters, and anyone that thinks otherwise is an idiot. Everyone else from Fire Emblem can thrown out the window with no ill side effects, due to how disposable they are.
As much as I hate to admit it, your right.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Ridley is simply too big. As he has always been.

Except in NES Metroid.
Fixed. :troll:

Anyone who still things that size matters is just shortsighted. Olimar, Pikachu and Charizard have all been resized and there's no problem with that, so why would Ridley or Petey Piranha be different?

I don't really support Petey Piranha, but all that can be said about Ridley's size can be said about Petey Piranha.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Petey still isn't important enough to be playable. He's still boss material. Though I'd support him for SSB5. :p

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I would like King Boo or Bowser Jr. as new Mario villains, and then that's it.
The risk is to put too many Mario characters in it, unless Luigi doesn't start up his own franchise like Wario, Yoshi or Donkey Kong. But that sounds like cheating to me lol.
Too many Mushroom icons? Well from now on Luigi will have a torch, problem's solved. Lol.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
If there were King Boo, Luigi would have to have the Poltergeist.
Poltergust. And I'm not against it. I would rather have a moveset which represent the character for real than a made up one.
In fact I hope that rumor saying that Sakurai was remaking a lot of veterans is true.

Popsydoodles

Smash Journeyman
I can see Luigi with the poltergust being either a final smash or added to his move set. The final smash would probably be like kirby's where he sucks up people from wherever its activated or its a power up like warios and he moves around the stage sucking everyone up until the poltergust becomes full and spits everything out. I think it would be cool maybe to see the poltergust added as a new item. Perhaps it could suck things up like kirby and spit them back out.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Well as I stated in another thread. Petey and Waluigi have something going for them that most Mario reps do not, they played a major role in the last Smash Brothers title.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Well as I stated in another thread. Petey and Waluigi have something going for them that most Mario reps do not, they played a major role in the last Smash Brothers title.
That would be the equivalent of saying back during pre-Brawl that K. Rool and Dixie Kong are more likely because they had a bigger role than Diddy Kong since they were both trophies, while Diddy Kong was not. Besides, going by that logic, Dr. Mario would be even more likely than those two since he was at least planned and playable in a previous installment.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I hope Waluigi stays an assist. There are so many Mario characters who deserve a spot more than him.
I hope Sakurai can tell that his support is basically formed by trolls.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I hope Waluigi stays an assist. There are so many Mario characters who deserve a spot more than him.
I hope Sakurai can tell that his support is basically formed by trolls.
He does have some popularity. You know, there's a reason why he was shown in the Mario Golf section of the Nintendo Direct. :troll:

On a more serious note though, Sakurai doesn't care about the hate base, seeing that both Tingle and Waluigi appeared in Brawl.

bobadz

Smash Ace
He does have some popularity. You know, there's a reason why he was shown in the Mario Golf section of the Nintendo Direct. :troll:

On a more serious note though, Sakurai doesn't care about the hate base, seeing that both Tingle and Waluigi appeared in Brawl.
Honestly I think the hate for those two has now turned into indifference

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Petey at least has been resized in Mario Sport games. :troll:

Also, Petey Piranha is indeed so much more awesome than Waluigi. But Toad remains KING!

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Petey at least has been resized in Mario Sport games. :troll:

Also, Waluigi is indeed so much more awesome than Petey Piranha. But Bowser remains KING!
Fixed.:troll:

If people really want to play Petey, Waluigi, and Toad in the same game then I recommend play SSB Crusade.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
At least Petey has one thing going for him: He's probably the most notable secondary villain in the Mario series after Bowser Jr. It's really not saying much in a series that relies almost exclusively on the main antagonist to serve the villain role, but, yeah, there's that. Maybe he'll be in SSB5. I don't think size is much an issue at all; he's not much larger than Bowser in Double Dash, and he looked fine.
But with people still arguing over the merits of Waluigi, Toad, Paper Mario, and Bowser Jr., it's hard to make a case for Petey. I think the discussion is already too saturated with Mario newcomers as it is; anyone else will just get cast aside.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
I'd rather have Petey over Bowser Jr. any day.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Toad.

Afterall, his face is used as the emblem of the Mario characters / universe.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I would be happy if this is how the Mario series is represented in SSB4:

Playable characters: Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Toad
Assist Trophies: Waluigi, Rosalina, Birdo
Adventure Mode bosses: Bowser Jr. (in a Koopa Clown Car mech)
Stages based on each series: New Super Mario Bros., Paper Mario, Super Mario Galaxy, Mario Kart, and Super Mario 3D Land plus Luigi's Mansion as past stage

volbound1700

Smash Master
Petey Piranha was already a boss in Super Smash Brothers Brawl so Sakurai at least recognizes his popularity. Waluigi was an AT. I have a feeling most the new comers will be former ATs (Little Mac, Isaac, Starfy, etc.).

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Petey Piranha was already a boss in Super Smash Brothers Brawl so Sakurai at least recognizes his popularity. Waluigi was an AT. I have a feeling most the new comers will be former ATs (Little Mac, Isaac, Starfy, etc.).
The only Assist Trophies I am interested in playing are Little Mac, Isaac, Starfy, Tingle, and Infantry & Tanks (I always had an idea for Commanding Officer Andy since 2009)... and if we are counting Pokeball summons, then Meowth and Deoxys as well.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
I would be happy if this is how the Mario series is represented in SSB4:

Playable characters: Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Toad
Assist Trophies: Waluigi, Rosalina, Birdo
Adventure Mode bosses: Bowser Jr. (in a Koopa Clown Car mech)
Stages based on each series: New Super Mario Bros., Paper Mario, Super Mario Galaxy, Mario Kart, and Super Mario 3D Land plus Luigi's Mansion as past stage
All we're really missing as far as important Mario characters is Toad. But who knows what Sakurai thinks about him.
Like a developed personality, or somethin' like that. It's a personal preference thing really...
It looks like Krystal's chances have dropped significantly.:troll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom