• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Discussion Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Sarcasm is probably the most overused form of humor in existence
No, it's totally funny. :rolleyes:

But yeah, on-topic stuff, Final Smash/Transformation character and whatnot.
Both choices are pretty lame in their own ways. Final Smash could be something more interesting, and transformation would probably suffer from balance complications.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Like I said before, it fits better as a special move rather than a Final Smash.

Mewtwo (Classic Form) Special Moves:
B: Shadow Ball
Same as Melee.

Up B: Teleport
Same as Melee.

Side B: Confusion OR Psycho Cut
Same as Melee. OR Shoots a sickle shaped projectile in a horizontal trajectory dealing moderate damage without KO potential. Also blocks projectiles.

Down B: Form Change
Self-explanatory I presume.

Final Smash: Psystrike
His signature move introduced in Gen V. Could shoot a wide array of projectiles or something like that.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Got this from Serebii. It's a plot summary of the movie. Maybe it is the same Mewtwo as before.

"After escaping from Team Plasma, the Genesect get distressed because the place they knew as their home before they died has been completely changed by sweeping snowstorms. They head to New Tork City wanting to regain their former home. Mewtwo senses their voices as, just like the Genesect, it too was created by human hands, born from the genes of Mew. Ash and friends arrive in New Tork City, having travelled there in order to check out Pokemon Hills but then the Genesect show up, and the super fast Red Genesect fires off an energy ball towards Satoshi and the other yelling out "ELIMNATE THE ENEMY". Mewtwo sweeps in and blocks the attack. It says that it understands how the Genesect feel - it too was not meant to exist in this world but despite that, it's still going to stop them from attacking the Pokemon of the city. The two clash, the shockwaves from their incredible fight flying all through the city. Does Mewtwo display its true power after awakening? How does this battle guided by fate end? Ash promises to take the Genesect to their home. How will he an Pikachu manage to fulfill their promise and save the city!?"

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Do you have a source? Because I never saw Genesect talking about Reiko is a woman.
Japanese Wikipedia

Yeah I'm surprised too, let's just hope they use a different actor for Smash and that the movie has more Newtwo than Mewtwo.

Both choices are pretty lame in their own ways. Final Smash could be something more interesting, and transformation would probably suffer from balance complications.
Agreed.

Should have just gone with the Spoon Sword buff. :troll:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'm assuming that they will give Mewtwo a more masculine voice during localization and that will transfer over to smash.

At least, I hope that's what will happen.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Mewtwo should totally wield that spoon and scream "PART OF A COMPLETE BREAKFAST, *****!"
[collapse=Just as you're being stabbed through the chest]
[/collapse]

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
And this will be Mewtwo's battle cry.

Man, I used to love that show...

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I'm like the only person that doesn't really care about whether Mewtwo comes back or not. After Melee, Mewtwo in Super Smash Bros. is a bit of a sourspot for me.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Let's hope Namco can save that concept.

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Mewtwo should totally wield that spoon and scream "PART OF A COMPLETE BREAKFAST, *****!"
Tony the Tiger, Captain Crunch, Toucan Sam, the Honey-Nut-Cheerio's Bee, Lucky, Sugar Bear, that silly rabbit who doesn't realize that Trix are for kids, and Alpha should also be playable.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
If Mewtwo gets a new voice in Smash 4, I think at least some Japanese fans of Mewtwo will be upset. There have been a few times where I have seen Mewtwo brought up where they talked about they would love hearing the voice of Mewtwo's voice actor (can't remember his name) in Smash Bros. again. The only other characters I have seen this phenomenon for aside from Mewtwo is Roy (Jun Fukuyama) and of course Norio Wakamato, I mean Black Shadow.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
If Mewtwo gets a new voice in Smash 4, I think at least some Japanese fans of Mewtwo will be upset. There have been a few times where I have seen Mewtwo brought up where they talked about they would love hearing the voice of Mewtwo's voice actor (can't remember his name) in Smash Bros. again. The only other characters I have seen this phenomenon for aside from Mewtwo is Roy (Jun Fukuyama) and of course Norio Wakamato, I mean Black Shadow.
How are the Japanese reacting to his new feminine voice? (I know that's not enough time to hear reactions, but I'll ask anyways)

And what do you think about Mewtwo's new voice?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
How are the Japanese reacting to his new feminine voice? (I know that's not enough time to hear reactions, but I'll ask anyways)

And what do you think about Mewtwo's new voice?
I have not seen any talk about it among Smash Bros. discussions so far. I would give it a month.

As for my own personal opinion about Mewtwo's voice, I think its weird that such a ferocious and intimidating Pokemon would have it. Mewtwo's voice in Melee perfectly suited him, he sounds really sinister/cool when talking in Japanese.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Tony the Tiger, Captain Crunch, Toucan Sam, the Honey-Nut-Cheerio's Bee, Lucky, Sugar Bear, that silly rabbit who doesn't realize that Trix are for kids, and Alpha should also be playable.
Reminds me of this

and this

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I don't really see the problem with Mewtwo's new voice. In the context of his role in the movie, it makes him sound less evil and kind of parallels Mew better.

Then again, I'm not the type of person that complains about petty things like voice acting.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I don't really see the problem with Mewtwo's new voice. In the context of his role in the movie, it makes him sound less evil and kind of parallels Mew better.

Then again, I'm not the type of person that complains about petty things like voice acting.
When you look at it that way.... It makes sense.

Mewtwo's not evil anymore. He doesn't warrant an evil sounding voice. A kinder and softer portrays his new character nicely.

Although a female voice is still confusing.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I guess even you have your limits. :troll:

Meh, it's not like it's horrible or anything, will take some getting used to and it's not like it's confirmed the dub or Smash will have a female voice as well. My main problem is that it's out of character and it's one of those "What were they thinking!?" moments.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I NEED to hear Mewtwo say "I am the world's strongest Pokemon" as his victory taunt.

Maybe "Why am I here?" could work as well, but that would be a bit of a dated reference. IT'S JUST CLEVER IN THIS CONTEXT, BECAUSE IT'S LIKE "WHY AM I HERE AMONG ALL THESE WEAKLINGS."

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

After watching this I'm kinda glad they tried to go with a softer voice, but still they went about it completely wrong unfortunately. :ohwell:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Also let's just clarify something, but nothing is going to be as bad as Falco's Engrish in Melee. Odd considering an English voice actor is used for Fox's Smash Taunt, but they still went with the Japanese actor for the playable character version of Falco regardless.

"MESHON CUMPRET!" :falcomelee:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I missed the Nintendo Direct; watching it now... I'm definitely getting M&L Dream Team when I get a 3DS. :awesome:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I missed the Nintendo Direct; watching it now... I'm definitely getting M&L Dream Team when I get a 3DS. :awesome:
Just wait til he sees A Link to the Past 2.

This'll be good.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Also let's just clarify something, but nothing is going to be as bad as Falco's Engrish in Melee. Odd considering an English voice actor is used for Fox's Smash Taunt, but they still went with the Japanese actor for the playable character version of Falco regardless.

"MESHON CUMPRET!" :falcomelee:
Switch Melee to Japanese, Falco will say something in Japanese when he taunts. He will also say various things in Japanese for his victory taunts (the same goes for Fox).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom