• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Discussion Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
If Impa is in the ALTTP sequel, I wonder if she is Old Impa or Fat Impa? :troll:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I wonder what ALTTP sequel is gonna be titled... I personally like "The Legend of Zelda: Another Link to the Past".

If Classic Link gets in Smash, then I hope his smashes involve shooting beams from his sword. Ohh.. and if Classic Zelda is possibe, I wonder if her specials are gonna be based on Ether, Bombos, and Quake medallions from ALTTP instead of fairy magic spells from OOT. And Classic Ganon? The pig demon with the trident - yes, please!

Ninka_kiwi

Smash Ace
Gees Nintendo, stop announcing stuff that potentially messes up my roster predictions >.>

I'm totally okay with Classic Link getting in though, Nice to see a child design of Link not based off of Windwaker for a new game for once.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I wonder what ALTTP sequel is gonna be titled... I personally like "The Legend of Zelda: Another Link to the Past".

If Classic Link gets in Smash, then I hope his smashes involve shooting beams from his sword. Ohh.. and if Classic Zelda is possibe, I wonder if her specials are gonna be based on Ether, Bombos, and Quake medallions from ALTTP instead of fairy magic spells from OOT. And Classic Ganon? The pig demon with the trident - yes, please!
Oh gosh, Classic Ganon... I want him in smash. That would be awesome. I hope he returns in ALttP 2. And I haven't even thought about Classic Zelda using the medallions as her special moves, that could certainly be interesting and hopefully make her unique too if she were to be made playable as well for any reason.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
What if Classic Link's recovery move is transforming into a fairy via Fairy Spell from Zelda II? :laugh:

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
My guess is the "Wind Waker" voice has just become the default voice for Young Link now. Much like how Adult Link's voice has been consistent since Ocarina of Time.
Adult link has hardly had a consistent or same voice, they are similar but hes actually had 3 different voice actors in the major console games.

Nobuyuki Hiyama (Ocarina of Time(adult Link)
Akira Sasanuma (Twilight Princess, 2006–2008)
Takashi Ōhara (Skyward Sword, 2011–present)

(even toon link seems to have two different voice actors, but that one is much harder to tell the difference between)

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Guys. He's still Link.

"Classic" Link is not his own character.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I viewed the 3DS Zelda trailer several times, and it seems as thought the Link in this game has similar body proportions as Toon Link, so the character could very well end up being called "Toon Link" regardless of what design is used.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Discussing about "Classic Link" being alongside Link is about as stupid as discussing about "Paper Mario" being alongside Mario and "Masked Link" for replacing Toon/Young Link to be alongside Link, their all the same character, yet people support the heck out of them wether it is because of moveset potential or because people just like them, so meh.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Adult link has hardly had a consistent or same voice, they are similar but hes actually had 3 different voice actors in the major console games.

Nobuyuki Hiyama (Ocarina of Time(adult Link)
Akira Sasanuma (Twilight Princess, 2006–2008)
Takashi Ōhara (Skyward Sword, 2011–present)

(even toon link seems to have two different voice actors, but that one is much harder to tell the difference between)
Nintendo is still going for the same style of voice, regardless of whomever is doing the actual effects.

Edit: Apparently I'm slow.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Yeah I've already put that video up in the Mewtwo thread. I was thinking of putting it up here though. At least we can be 100% sure now that it is a transformation. Now wether it's a final smash or a regular transformation material for smash remains to be seen...

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
The Japanese Trailer is a lot better, can't tell if Mewtwo has it's original voice actor though or if they used some music from the original movie in it. But yeah, Final Smash and whatnot.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
From what I can tell. It looks like the new form isn't some all powerful tactic.

I think its more fit to a transformation special.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTyPZGdEyyc

Mewtwo says "Watashi wa onna desu" which means " I am a woman"
At first Mewtwo says something along the lines of "they're the same as me." Onaji means "same." At the end before the transformation, it basically says "I'll end this right here and now."

Won't lie, did kinda sound like a woman was voicing Mewtwo, or at least a soft spoken male, will have to look up the Japanese Movie before I can really tell anything. Definitely doesn't sound like Mewtwo from Melee though, so I'm guessing it's a different voice actor.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'm starting to think that this is a new Mewtwo.

But then again Ash recognized him/her/I DON'T KNOW ANYMORE!!!

Can someone translate all of the dialogue in the trailer? At least the interaction between Ash and friends and Mewtwo?

bobadz

Smash Ace
Mewtwo does not say desu at all.

However, if that is legit, this is the greatest plot twist of all time!

EDIT: Mewtwo sounds REALLY feminine. Is this the same Mewtwo?
Probably not this was its voice in its first two appearances as well as Melee.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaqfC8KDKEs
Yes we get it, the idiot mistranslated the quote and now we're mistakenly thinking Mewtwo has a vagina now.

Hilarious.
Thanks for the kind words.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Yes we get it, the idiot mistranslated the quote and we're mistakenly thinking Mewtwo has a vagina now.

Hilarious.

Is that you, pepper?

I think someone here has no sense of humor, and it's hilarious! But that sourpuss attitude is going to give you an ulcer someday, you know?

:troll:

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Can someone translate all of the dialogue in the trailer? At least the interaction between Ash and friends and Mewtwo?
Maybe later once you all cool down.

EDIT: But yeah, on-topic stuff, Final Smash/Transformation character and whatnot.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Maybe later once you all cool down.

EDIT: But yeah, on-topic stuff, Final Smash/Transformation character and whatnot.
Thanks I look forward to it.

And from what I've seen, it looks more like a special move transformation. He changed forms pretty effortlessly.

EDIT: Bobads.

Do you have a source? Because I never saw Genesect talking and Reiko is a woman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom