• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Discussion Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

volbound1700

Smash Master
I usually respect Swampasaur as a poster in general and I know he will have good posts in the future, I just hate when people respond to you with "No you are wrong idiot" kind of posts with no backing. They do nothing for the discussion. I had three posters who basically did that.

Also my point was that a SEGA fan who keeps up with their news, posts on their forum, etc. likely knows more then people that post on here about that topic and if they are saying something, I am not going to refute what they are saying.

I work in the Corporate world and have dealt with mergers/acquisitions. Nothing is ever guaranteed but I do know that based on their actions, SEGA does seem like at times they want someone to buy or merge with them. Perhaps I am wrong, I could very well be. However, is it so hard to imagine that a company that was losing out in the console wars may want to merge with another company that is making consoles. SEGA could offer new fresh ideas on the next gen system after the Wii U. After all SEGA did pioneer online play for consoles (although too early and done poorly), colored portable gaming systems, and to a small extent even motion controls. SEGA just didn't impliment them properly.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I don't think people here understand the gravity/implications of Game & Wario bombing. This is a series known to put up 500K (and sometimes over one million) sales in Japan alone for nearly all of its installments, yet as of its second week it has only sold around 35K sales.
Well, that isn't very good news...

The rest of your comment is what pretty much everyone thinks. Nintendo's last chance to attract costumers for the Wii U is this E3.

Ironically, the 3DS has been doing pretty well.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Game & Wario bombs... at this point, no wonder. I mean, this game took a big department of leaving behind it's microgame wackiness, which was quite a sad thing since I really wished for 3DS Warioware. (-lAl-);

Also Manly I hope you include Iris being jealous to other busty girls while Lip is sort of blushing and stuff. Or doing a sand castle.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Game & Wario bombs... at this point, no wonder. I mean, this game took a big department of leaving behind it's microgame wackiness, which was quite a sad thing since I really wished for 3DS Warioware. (-lAl-);
The game was still just as zany and fun as regular WarioWare games. And for you Ashley supporters out there, there was even a game were you play as Ashley. In 9-volt's game, you do play classic WarioWare type microgames.

It had no reason to bomb. If it were for the 3DS it would easily have sold 300K already.

volbound1700

Smash Master
It had to do with the way people are treated in this thread and why there are so many arguments. I think posters get sick of seeing the "Your agrument is dumb" with no backing up or intelligent discussion responses. Also there is a cliche in here that does it and if you speak out, wow you are the black sheep like Chronobound, etc.

I am sorry I post a lot of Wikipedia links but I like to provide sources as you guys state instead of responding with "Your dumb, I am right" type of responses. If I am your new Smashchu then that is fine by me. I really don't care.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Hey. HEY GUYS. I heard this rumor. This 35 year old man who lives with his parents made this article that Nintendo was going to merge with Apple. Smash Bros. will now be showcasing every Nintendo character as Angry Birds in classic costumes.

The game is set to release for the Wii U for a set price of $59.99. You can use your iPhone as a controller too!

The only 3rd party character will be :yeahboi:.

... :troll:

volbound1700

Smash Master
It is more reliable then random posts with no backing. I never see you guys provide legitimate sources to any of your posts, only insults and then teaming up and piling on people. I see nothing to back your arguments.

Also I didn't use wikipedia source. Also at times I have commented on stuff that just takes typing it into google to find, it is that common knowledge and you guys don't know about it. Kind of makes me wonder about the knowledge level of the people on here (not trying to be a jerk but being serious). Also you guys keep saying SEGA fans talk about that rumor... so they are wrong and you are right?

That is like a Star Trek fan telling Star War fans they are wrong about Star Wars rumors.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Why are we still talking about this? This is a Smash Bros. website.

I really don't give a flying **** about SEGA. Let's just talk Smash Bros.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Let's talk about the topic Chronobound was talking about because I find that more interesting. Sorry I shouldn't have wasted time on something that was actually very little in my original post. I just felt like some of the stuff needed to be said.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I would not be surprised if Smash Bros. 4 Wii U were to end up being the worst selling game in the entire series if the Wii U does not pick up.

Franchises such as New Super Mario Bros., the Wii series (Nintendo Land), and WarioWare are all selling far worse on the Wii U than their Wii counterparts (and really any other previous Nintendo console for that matter).

volbound1700

Smash Master
@ Chronobound, that could be possible. It still may beat out 64. I am also afraid the game is going to have to cut a lot out of the initially planning because it maybe rushed. I would love to see a Smash game where Sakurai is given the full time needed to impliment everything he wants into the game.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I haven't actually seen much of Game & Wario now that I think about it. I didn't even know it already got released Japan. Guess I'll take a look at some of the minigames. It's a shame it didn't sell too well though Wario Ware games are usually a lot of fun imo.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
@ Chronobound, that could be possible. It still may beat out 64. I am also afraid the game is going to have to cut a lot out of the initially planning because it maybe rushed. I would love to see a Smash game where Sakurai is given the full time needed to impliment everything he wants into the game.
I think from the very beginning Q4 2014 was the intended release date for Smash 4, so no it won't be rushed, though Sakurai will likely be denied if he were to ask for more time at this point.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I haven't actually seen much of Game & Wario now that I think about it. I didn't even know it already got released Japan. Guess I'll take a look at some of the minigames. It's a shame it didn't sell too well though Wario Ware games are usually a lot of fun imo.
I hadn't either. Really I haven't seen much news or promotion of the game yet. Never played a WW game before, might pick up this one.

D

Deleted member

I don't think people here understand the gravity/implications of Game & Wario bombing. This is a series known to put up 500K (and sometimes over one million) sales in Japan alone for nearly all of its installments, yet as of its second week it has only sold around 35K sales.

I think Pikmin 3 was probably ready, but Miyamoto did not want to send out that game to die in the state the Wii U is in. The release schedule for the Wii U in Japan (and all territories really) is quite barren.

Nintendo really, really needs to bring it come E3.

Nintendo is going to use every single bullet they have for their E3 presentation this year.
At this rate, I honestly don't care about what happens at E3 this year, outside of a possible Mega Man confirmation. I don't expect a Custom Robo, Star Fox or F-zero reveal to occur (which along with Mega Man are the only games I care about). Plus E3 2012 was Nintendo's E3 to lose and they lost it badly. So I'm not optimistic about how Nintendo will handle this E3 and will skip out on the conference (will have to worry about summer school anyway to catch up on math).

This is shaping up to be Nintendo's worst home console yet.

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
The problem with the Wii U is that they got rid of the motion controls, which was the main reason why so many non-Nintendo-fans bought the system in the first place. Instead we get these $140 oversized controllers that are awkward to use.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Looking at sales, I found that the Wii U sales doubled from last week.

Source: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...ble_in_japanese_charts_following_new_releases
Technically 2 is double of 1. The Wii U's sales were around 10K before the release of Game & Wario and Dragon Quest X HD, so doubling to a bit above 20K is not impressive at all, especially when even the Vita has seen much larger hardware bumps within the same time frame.

The Wii U has fallen back down to 15K last week, and will probably go back to around 10K again in a week or two.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
The problem with the Wii U is that they got rid of the motion controls, which was the main reason why so many non-Nintendo-fans bought the system in the first place. Instead we get these $140 oversized controllers that are awkward to use.
Motion controls are still there on the Wii U actually. Both on the Wii U gamepad as well as the Wii remotes.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
The main reason why Game & Wario is bombing is because of Nintendo Land causing Game & Wario to be a redundant purchase. While it might sound silly, people are not going out of there way to purchase another mini game collection when they already have one that comes with the deluxe versions of the Wii U.

I will say that Game & Wario is not going to be a purchase for me. Doesn't look interesting.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
The main reason why Game & Wario is bombing is because of Nintendo Land causing Game & Wario to be a redundant purchase. While it might sound silly, people are not going out of there way to purchase another mini game collection when they already have one that comes with the deluxe versions of the Wii U.

I will say that Game & Wario is not going to be a purchase for me. Doesn't look interesting.
Nintendo Land is not packed in with the deluxe Wii U in Japan. Wii Sports also was never a pack-in game in Japan.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Wii U needs games and a re advertising to actually do well. Nintendo's wait n watch strategy isn't working anymore and they haven't taken adventage of their 1 year head start. So they better announce something worthwhile aside from your typical Mario, Zelda or Smash and take adventage of these next coming months after E3.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Nintendo Land is not packed in with the deluxe Wii U in Japan. Wii Sports also was never a pack-in game in Japan.
Well if that's the case, I suppose it's because Game & Wario doesn't look interesting.

Seriously, most of the interesting stuff is tucked away at E3 and beyond. They are ether being cocky or stupid at this point...

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Well, that doesn't mean they haven't bought Nintendo Land yet. Habanero does have a point.
Nintendo Land has not even sold 200K in Japan (or just barely broke it). Its massively down compared to what the Wii Sports (original and Resort) and Wii Play sold.

Even New Super Mario Bros. Wii U has very weak legs, and that game is coming off of the second-highest selling home console video game of ALL TIME in Japan. I don't NSMBU has even broke 500K. Again, coming off of the second-highest home console game of all time.

Nintendo is in deep trouble.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Chrono: Is that so... well I'm now more scared that Game & Wario might mess up even more badly in US and EU because what Habanero mentioned. (-l^l-);

But hum, I wonder what made it bomb then? There's gotta be some factor...

Wii U hasn't still caught my interest hugely, there's not much that draws me to get that console (and from only playing NSMBU so far, it feels just "Wii with HD Graphics and 60 FPS.").

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom