• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Discussion Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I see people are talking about breast sizes. >_>

My suggestion: Barbara the bat. (The assist trophy in Brawl)

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Well whatever is being discussed, I like where this is going. Just don't involve Takamaru or Lon'qu, because those guys cannot tolerate women at all.
Actually, that would be comedy gold.

Edit: I'm actually surprised Chrono is helping with this. I thought you hated anime/fanservice tropes.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Well whatever is being discussed, I like where this is going. Just don't involve Takamaru or Lon'qu, because those guys cannot tolerate women at all.
Duck Hunt Dog laughing at Takamaru's inability to talk to girls without getting nosebleeds might be funnier. :laugh:

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Edit: I'm actually surprised Chrono is helping with this. I thought you hated anime/fanservice tropes.
This is like that DBZ episode where Piccolo learns to drive, and puts on a backward cap and everything. My that was such a long time ago.

Seriously though, you are right I don't like that kind of stuff. I especially did not like in FE13. FE4/FE5 by contrast were extremely gritty FE games (although you might be able to call FE4 dark, that term certainly would not describe FE5).

As for helping with the image, I don't really like or know anything about anime memes, but I do understand humor and FE, hence the reason with Ike eyeing Marth and Roy instead of the women and the other two guys scolding/being confused about it, or Sheeda and Lilina hiding in the bushes with camo paint on.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Personally, I am glad I missed the Sonic being cut discussion because it would have gotten even more heated because I disagree with everything Manlyspirit posted on his response.

As long as the Mario + Sonic Olympic series is prospering and ongoing, I see Sonic still available for Smash and I do not see Sakurai cutting him, in fact he may get more in Smash 4 to add to him.

I also still think SEGA is trying to set itself up to be bought by Nintendo sometime in the new future based on their actions.

I was going to bring up a topic about Killer Instinct being a Nintendo Franchise (since they are listed as that on Wikipedia) but I found out that as with all the other Rare franchises, they were traded to Microsoft so no topic available with that.

How about Chibi-Robot? Haven't heard anyone ever discuss that franchise.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
As long as the Mario + Sonic Olympic series is prospering and ongoing, I see Sonic still available for Smash and I do not see Sakurai cutting him, in fact he may get more in Smash 4 to add to him.
Please.... Don't say that.... xc (No offence to you. Just don't really like the idea of more Sonic characters in smash. Sonic himself is enough imo)

By the way, why does M&SG not interfere with the off-topic discussions anymore?
He probably feels like a broken record constantly telling us to get back on topic for the hundred's time. (No offence to you Mario & Sonic Guy)

volbound1700

Smash Master
Please.... Don't say that.... xc (No offence to you. Just don't really like the idea of more Sonic characters in smash. Sonic himself is enough imo)
I doubt it will be a new character, I am just talking about better moves and time put on his franchise. It probably won't mean a whole lot more stuff, it will just be his items, music, level design, etc. will look less rushed.

A new character is possible but I say very very low odds of that.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I doubt it will be a new character, I am just talking about better moves and time put on his franchise. It probably won't mean a whole lot more stuff, it will just be his items, music, level design, etc. will look less rushed.

A new character is possible but I say very very low odds of that.
Oh if that's what you meant then alright then. Sorry for the misunderstanding. ^^

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Ok a new topic, What are the chances Lucario returns?
I feel he is here to stay. He has proved to more popular than Zoroark. In fact, he was even in that Pokemon Smash episode which revealed Newtwo.
Also, Newtwo is 99% confirmed to be a new forme and not a different pokemon. So he will probably be included within Mewtwo's moveset.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Looking at North American sales for the Super Ninendo, Nintendo 64, and GameCube, I can see why there was still a lot of avid Nintendo fans during much of the last decade:

Super Nintendo: 23.36 million
Nintendo 64: 20.63 million
GameCube 12.94 million

There was only a slight dip from the SNES to the N64 in North America in sales, while from N64 to GameCube they lost 7.5 million sales.

Due how well the PS2 did relative to the GameCube in North America, I think that's the reason why there seems to be so much Sony fanboyism in video game communities nowadays (I think many of the people who grew up on the NES and SNES are no longer active on video game communities, and that some of people who grew up on the N64 are starting to leave).

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I feel he is here to stay. He has proved to more popular than Zoroark. In fact, he was even in that Pokemon Smash episode which revealed Newtwo.
Also, Newtwo is 99% confirmed to be a new forme and not a different pokemon. So he will probably be included within Mewtwo's moveset.
Maybe the reason they didn't put Zoroark in Pokemon smash and instead went with Lucario is probably because of his typing. If I remember correctly, in Japan Dark type is "Evil" type so maybe that's the reason he doesn't get marketed a lot in terms of the anime and things a bit related to it. It's also probably the reason why Ash hasn't caught a dark type pokemon yet in the anime maybe. I know I know, I'm looking too much into stuff again but yeah... :/ Btw. I'm not saying all dark types are evil or something. >_>

On the Plus side for Zoroark though, I think he's being set up to return in the anime soon if that counts for something... :/

D

Deleted member

I also still think SEGA is trying to set itself up to be bought by Nintendo sometime in the new future based on their actions.
What sort of bizarro world do you live in??

That's not happening, nor are there any clues that it's in development. More like, that's what the Sega fans want to happen. Sega is doing fine as a 3rd party publisher. They have NO special deals with anyone.

If they ever go cold, chances are they'll sell their IP's to everyone, not just Nintendo. They work with Sony and M$ all the time too.

Do I need to remind you Sonic Generations did not come to the Wii?

A couple Wii exclusive Sonic titles, and M&S @ Olymics doesn't tell us anything about what Sega and Nintendo may or may not do.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Oh yeah that's true. Forgot about Scraggy. What was the Pokemon type he hasn't caught yet then... oh well, never mind. ^^;
Looking up Ash's page on Bulbapedia, he hasn't caught a steel, psychic, or ghost type pokemon yet.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Ash also has Krookodile...which is also part Ground, but looks pretty "evil" imo lol.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
What are the chances Lucario returns?
After watching a guy in a Lucario costume both dance and throw CGI Aura Spheres on Pokemon Smash the other day, it's a good bet Lucario's staying.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
If the Pokémon anime followed the games' plot more closely, it would've been better.

Think of the Pokémon Special/Adventures manga. If they adapted that manga into an anime series, the anime would be better IMO. The only good thing about the anime nowadays is the Team Rocket Trio. They should have changed the protagonist when Gen II came.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Yeah, I really wish the Pokémon adventures Manga is adapted into an anime someday. But it probably is a pipe dream. :urg:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
After watching a guy in a Lucario costume both dance and throw CGI Aura Spheres on Pokemon Smash the other day, it's a good bet Lucario's staying.
But there where also those dudes in far too tight Eevee / Eevee evolutions suits...

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Also, those little kids weren't too excited for the new Mewtwo form at all.

It was like:

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Funny thing is I'm doing a quick one page presentation on the Pokemon Special/Adventures manga today in my Japanese class as part of my oral exam. :cool:

Would mostly like to see that particular manga get an adaptation mostly so the original anime doesn't serve as the franchise's only image anymore and to give something that older fans would enjoy, even if there would probably be some filler at times.

BTW turns out the Pokemon Special artist actually did some drawings of Ash if he were to appear in the manga:

But there where also those dudes in far too tight Eevee / Eevee evolutions suits...
Could have been worse, they could have been in Maid outfits.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I think only this site is generally pretty happy about this new Mewtwo form. Almost everywhere else the fandoms are like...

It's super effective!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom