• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Discussion Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
So nothing for Wii or PS2? And the only arcade near me is a real ****hole with like 2 good games, neither of them being BlazBlue.
Well, by arcades, I meant Japanese arcades because good luck finding any fighting game machines (in good quality for that matter) in American arcades.

I guess for me Brawl is still a quality product, and I would be pleased to receive more of the same quality but with more quantity. Though, I'd like to think that Brawl provided a foundation (made of stepping stones? how does this metaphor work) to be improved upon this next time around. Y'know, better story mode, better stage builder, etc.

Anyway, since I hope Sm4sh won't suffer from long loading times like Brawl did, I really hope for a new "quick play" feature. Just press it and a match begins. Don't have to bother with results or select screens. You could adjust the rules elsewhere. I know you can already set up the rules to get essentially the same thing, but I DUNNO I DON'T WANNA GO THROUGH HOOPS GEEZ. Incidentally, I don't know where there hasn't been a "save rules" feature yet. C'mon, do I really have to change it to stock each time I turn on the game.
Sounds like Brawl had a lot of flaws (or at least seem like "rough sketches") that can easily be improved in the next game. For loading times, having the WiiU better adjusted for dual layered discs (should it need it), better processing algorithms, utilizing caches, and the ability to install the game on the WiiU would be big improvements in loading times. But yeah, I'd like this "quick play" feature as every other game has this in the form of the rematch button. Wonder why it was never put in Smash.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Anyway, since I hope Sm4sh won't suffer from long loading times like Brawl did.
Loading times were an issue most likely caused by the Wii's power; much like people's complaints of laggy wi-fi. Sakurai works with what he has.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I think I go with Habanero , some content was half-assed and not polished. I mean I don't say Brawl wasn't a quality-game, but at the same time I can't deny it feels sometimes half-baked by going with "quantity" rather than quality in some department (Trophies or Target Test come to mind) or not even polishing certain modes enough to be engaging after few plays (SSE, Stage Builder), or just making some things become too repetitive for our liking (All Star Mode). Event Matches weren't bad, but they weren't the most creative out there. (and it's wierd that just a few let us choose any character, there was so much pre-set character matches which took away some liberty to attain a faster time with certain characters-).

But I loved the newly designed Special Brawl. It's beyond genius. MultiMan and HomeRun Contest was very good too.

I just wish for a game which brings best of any worlds though, hopefully quality, balance and also all kinds of goodiness to blow my mind with fanboyism and glee.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Good God, BtT was absolutely awful.

Oh, and peeup, you might be pleased that there is a DSi-ware BB game called BlayzBloo: Super Melee Brawlers Battle Royale. It plays more like Power Stone though.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
As far as I see it if they polish up all of the stuff from Brawl and add new characters and maybe one new mode, Smash 4 will be the best smash ever!

For the record, I prefer Brawl. Gameplay-wise.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I'm very interested in what will happen with Smash's story mode, especially after playing Uprising. I mean, the whole point of the SSE was to BRANCH OFF Smash into a game that could be enjoyed as a single-player experience since it had always been about being a game to play with friends. Now we're getting a whole game centered on that idea the SSE started. Really excited to see where Sakurai is going to go with that.

Always thought branching paths would be a simple way to add replay value. At least if it doesn't feel too ARTIFICIAL. Something like Star Fox 64 would be good. Which is one of Sakurai's favorite games, so I'll continue betting on that.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Uprising's story itself wasn't very good. The only thing that made it good was the floating heads spouting exposition and jokes

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
This was said after Namco joined the team (The announcement was on June, 2012 and this came slightly later).

Having said that, it hasn't really made a significant impact on my roster. Still feel as we'll get 48-56 characters, transformation included. My guess would be 51-53.
I just posted a poll so we can get a better view as to what the average SmashBoards reader expects:
http://smashboards.com/threads/poll...-expect-in-ssb4s-roster.335576/#post-15440723

Everyone vote in the above link if you haven't already.

D

Deleted member

I think he's referring to this: http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2012/...ntity-change-direction-maybe-be-whats-needed/

Many interpret this as Brawl being the limit, but I seriously doubt that we'll only be getting around forty characters (transformation included). More likely Sakurai is referring to SSB4's roster.
This is great, very refreshing news.

It's exactly what I was saying this weekend regarding Roster size, quality, and cuts.

Looks like Sakurai is on the same page as me in regard to the game's priorities. Perhaps I should put more faith in the man...

Now if only the fans could be more understanding.

Anyone, on a different note, I need suggestions for a composition I wanna make.

What are all the Nintendo females IN Smash and potential to Smash?
So far I've got:
-Peach
-TP Zelda
-SS Zelda
-Tetra
-Samus
-Palutena
-Lyn
-Micaiah (gonna keep it to just 2 FE girls with just those two, maybe I'll add Anna as well)
-Krystal
-Ashley
-Pokemon Trainer White (she's gonna be the only Pokegirl)
-Jigglypuff
-Dixie Kong
... Am I missing anyone else?

@Habanero more than Kuma but Kuma helped too:

I think.

I definitely see where you are coming from now.

But I'm just going to be greedy and ask for both quantity and quality. Eh? What's that? You don't think I can? DON'T YOU KNOW? I'M THE STRONGEST IN THE WHOLE WORLD!
You would make a very good villain/evil good guy, you know that?

Alright what system is this BlazBlue for? Yall have talked it up a lot and now I really wanna play it haha.
It's a good game man.

Kuma already mentioned BlazBloo, but it's not the same game.

Blazblue is PS3/360 only. You have Calamity Trigger for PC though, but that's the first release and hes less characters.

On the Wii and PS2 you have Guilty Gear though, which is by the same company and the spiritual predecesor to Blazblue, you can get whichever version (though I recommend the PS2 becuase the controller is better suited for it), it's also a fantastic game, better than BB imo, but harder to get into.

Think of it this way:

Melee=Guilty Gear
Brawl=Blazblue

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Some chick you forgot:

No seriously, she should be listed.

D

Deleted member

Goddamn, I'll see which I can fit. As for Impa, you guys REALLY wanna see her wearing a Bikini?

Ok...

Also, that pic you posted Diddy was Boss, I saved it.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Well, why not? I thought you was posting about which females would be most likely as female newcomers though.

D

Deleted member

Well, why not? I thought you was posting about which females would be most likely as female newcomers though.
No, I'm drawing a picture with all the prominent Nintendo females on the beach, Palutena is just being sexy as usual, Zelda and Peach are gossiping, Samus is bringing in a Shark she caught with her bare hands while Krystal is surprised about her catch, White is in the water riding on a Wailmer, ToonZelda is sleeping and Jigglypuff is about to draw on her face, Dixie is trying to pull Micaiah's bottoms off while Anna laughs at her, Lyn is embarrassed about wearing a bikini, Ashley is off under a bunch of umbrellas covered up wearing huge sunglasses and drinking a Soda while watching the mayhem, Lip and Nana are playing with sand, Marth is dragging Roy to the spot while both wear a speedo, Ike, Snake and Fox are peeping, and Ike is shocked/grossed out by Marth and Roy.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
You can make Impa in there with a too loose bikini. Cause she's so skinny. Seems comical enough to me? :laugh:

D

Deleted member

Damn, that's a good one. I might rework some things then...

Who's a big braggart among the Nintendo girls?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Damn, that's a good one. I might rework some things then...

Who's a big braggart among the Nintendo girls?
Probably Captain Syrup is the closest one that comes to mind. You should include Anna swiping one of the Nintendo girl's wallets/purses with $$ in her eyes because she's a thief (at least in her class) in FE13.

D

Deleted member

Probably Captain Syrup is the closest one that comes to mind. You should include Anna swiping one of the Nintendo girl's wallets/purses with $$ in her eyes because she's a thief (at least in her class) in FE13.
She's a Theif?

I thought she was a Trickster, that's why I had her lauging at Micaiah, under the implication that it was all her idea.

Alright, I'll add Syrup, Pauline, Daisy and Rosalina comparing breast sizes as Arcadnik requested.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Ike, Snake and Fox are peeping, and Ike is shocked/grossed out by Marth and Roy.
It would be funnier if Ike had a little drool coming out of his mouth from eyeing Marth and Roy, and Snake or Fox scolds him that "what are you looking at, the babes are over there."

Sure it perpetuates the myth/rumor that Ike may be a homosexual, but its funnier for comedy purposes.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Isn't Capt. Falcon commonly portrayed as a womanizer? At least that's what I see in fanfics.

D

Deleted member

It would be funnier if Ike had a little drool coming out of his mouth from eyeing Marth and Roy, and Snake or Fox scolds him that "what are you looking at, the babes are over there."

Sure it perpetuates the myth/rumor that Ike may be a homosexual, but its funnier for comedy purposes.
Hahahahaha, well consireding Soren, you might be onto something...

@Koopa,

Yeah, but he's no Peeping Tom. He lets the ladies come to him.

Snake is clear.

As for Fox, we all know he's a Peeping Tom, you ever that one Nin10Doh! skit?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Another idea for the pic would be Caeda/Sheeda and Lilina hiding in a bush nearby with camo paint on their faces (yet nothing obscuring their long blue hair ironically) because they are under the suspicion that Marth and Roy are at the beach to flirt with other women.

D

Deleted member

Another idea for the pic would be Caeda/Sheeda and Lilina hiding in a bush nearby with camo paint on their faces (yet nothing obscuring their long blue hair ironically) because they are under the suspicion that Marth and Roy are at the beach to flirt with other women.
Well, the idea was that it was a "Girls Only" Beach, and Marth dragging Roy was under the implication that either A. he's unaware and feels femine enough to be there. B. He's going to actually flirt with the girls and teach Roy the moves, or C. Doesn't care, and just wants to tan his princely body, hence the speedo.

Roy is embarrased about being dragged there by Marth.

Ike, Snake and Fox went with the sole purpse of peeping on the girls, hence the shock when finding Marth waltzing in.

As for the other girls... I'm running out of room. I'm still thinking of where to put Syrup and the Gang.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Regarding that Pokemon clip I posted in the last page, maybe Sheik could take James's place and he's ironically showing off his/her big breasts to Impa (Misty).

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Marth is a metrosexual. He only acts/looks effeminate to have women drop their guard when he is around them.

volbound1700

Smash Master
I am curious where people here stand in regards to third-parties.

1. Do you think Snake and Sonic will return?
2. Do you think Namco will have a playable character?
3. What third-party newcomers do you see happening?
1. Both will return

Snake - Konami will want him back and Sakurai already has move-set and abilities in game. I do not see reason for cut unless Konami changes their mind

Sonic - Will also return. SEGA is still using the Mario franchise in their Olympic series which is arguably more valuable so I don't see SEGA saying no to it (especially since they throw Sonic into anything they can). Sakurai and Smash community has positive attitude towards the Blue blur so I see him back, perhaps with some changes.

2. Yes, I really do. In fact I wouldn't be surprised to see if they got two. Top options in my view are Pac-Man, Llyodd Irving, and Digdug. I don't see a Tekken character making it but it maybe possible.

3. Sonic, Snake, Megaman, and Pac-Man are my third party prediction.

D

Deleted member

Regarding that Pokemon clip I posted in the last page, maybe Sheik could take James's place and he's ironically showing off his/her big breasts to Impa (Misty).
Well, considering TP/OoT Zelda is unused, that might work.

Problem is, considering Impa is older, I consider her mature enough to not care about Breast sizes...

Now, White/Hilda could be on the short end of that, but also, Sheik has a Manchest, she's a he after all.

I can have Impa behind the Peeping Toms about to reprimend them.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Maybe Duck Hunt Dog could appear out from the bushes, laughing at the losers of the breast size contest. :laugh:

He might have confused the girls with ducks... some of them were making duck faces. :troll:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Well whatever is being discussed, I like where this is going. Just don't involve Takamaru or Lon'qu, because those guys cannot tolerate women at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom