• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Discussion Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I don't hate Ho-Oh lol but yeah Lugia is the ****

Definitely one of my all-time favorite Pokemon

I just love it whenever people talk about Pokemon Colosseum though, love that game so much

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yeah, I hate event pokemon... Too many and I'm too old for the events that actually come here

Gen 4 reinvigorated my love for pkmn, but Gen 5 was bleh.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Pokémon Colosseum? I loved that game for trying something different and being the first 3D Pokémon RPG... oh, and that GODLY soundtrack!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Pokémon Colloseum was the most badass thing Pokémon ever did, and it even totally made me forgot about Pokémon Stadium. Even though those where the most badass thing Pokémon did before.

Dat Mirror B theme alone...

I don't really hate Ho-Oh but damn, that oversized parrot made me work my ass of for NOTHING. At least I never got a Lugia in Gen 3, so I never got to ***** about it.

D

Deleted member

I consider Mega Man a Nintendo All Star
That's funny considering he's not even an "All-Star" for Capcom.

You guys hear of that Maverik Hunters game that got cancelled? Yet another title to add to the pile of cancelled Megaman games. How many are we at now?

Also, That SFXMegaman being the 25th Anniversary title is a kick to the balls. Especially consdering it's Street Fighter X Megaman, not the opposite. SF carries Megaman apparently.

Woah okay hang on looks like I missed a few pages of an argument that I started and still want to be a part of.

Manly, I wanna talk Sonic/Snake being in Smash 4
I'm gonna go to sleep. But by all means go ahead. I'll reply to you tomorrow, just make sure you quote a post of mine so I can see it.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I have but never beat the game. I thought it was going to be like stadium...

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I have but never beat the game. I thought it was going to be like stadium...
Nope. It has a story and catchable (snaggable) pokemon.

Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness surpassed Colosseum in my opinion. It was really cool to see all of the familiar face.

D

Deleted member

ManlySpirit said:
You guys hear of that Maverik Hunters game that got cancelled? Yet another title to add to the pile of cancelled Megaman games. How many are we at now?
Most people wouldn't like the game anyway. From what I heard, people are kind of glad this game never came to existence and would compare it to it being Mega Man's Bomberman: Act Zero.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Pokemon XD was good too, but I still prefer Colosseum

I'm a sucker for older protagonists, plus I liked the grittier, for lack of a better word, feel that Colosseum had

And then XD didn't have The Under -_- that was like my favorite place to go to in Colosseum

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
There was a PSP game called Mega Man Maverick Hunter X, which is essentially a remake of Mega Man X with updated visuals and bonus content like the ability to play as Vile.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Pokemon XD was good too, but I still prefer Colosseum

I'm a sucker for older protagonists, plus I liked the grittier, for lack of a better word, feel that Colosseum had

And then XD didn't have The Under -_- that was like my favorite place to go to in Colosseum
I remember you could get MAD exp in Colloseum though!

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
hmmm, should I get more gamecube games, start my wii library, or save my money for the potential wii u games,

decisions, decisions

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Pokémon Colloseum was just full of awesome. It was hoping for a Stadium-like game, but got something better even. Best thing yet. Hope they gonna make more games that way. Even though I've seen Battle Revolution and it just looks wack as ****.

You know what, even after having to have them cut of since October last year, I still miss my dreads madly man... :urg:

RockinRudy

Smash Journeyman
Well, the unique ability thing would explain Dr. Mario and Young Link. I mean, nobody else can throw drugs at people or get drunk on Lon Lon milk.
Oh, unique I beg to differ. Young Link is the man he drinks the milk like the only boss I know. You don't know how big of a chick magnet or party drink is then milk. I bring the Milk to EVERY club and damn bro, it gets crazy. When you smack down that 6 pack everyone knows it's going to get real, Flip open that tab, cross your legs put on the sunglasses and bob your head to that music son. On your way into the club or bar try to hide it you never know when someone is going to jump you for that milk, keep your "bow" at hand and your special member card, milk is a serious export and expensive, inflation of 200 rupees is high in today's economy for some high quality milk. You also might get a hug at the end of the night for your manliness or who knows more, all that nutrients you consumed that night will make you a party animal that is a force to be reckoned with, your "manly meter" won't go down, but damn when that morning milkover comes your going to be dying to get it back and wish you went back in time.
Drink Milk, Love Life.
~ Always look for the Seal of approval Chateau. To know you have the best quality of milk, when your bar has this you know it's the real deal.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Don't really know what's going on but I see Pokemon Colosseum and I just wanted to say that I really loved that game. One of my fave Pokemon games of all time. I really wanted to see something like that for the Wii...ah well...

But anyway, Wes is the **** man!

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
doo doo brown lol

@Diddy- You had dreads before?!?! I swear, I never knew that before :laugh:

Dreads are just cool to me for some reason, I could never rock them though. The only hairstyles I'll ever have are either a fade or a mini fro whenever I decide to grow my hair out LOL

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Yeah man I had them. Natural ones even, my girlfriend / baby mama wanted them gone. I ressited for like 6 months, then made a stupid agreement while high and had to cut them... SUCKS. But am growing them back now. Takes a while though... Especially with my straight hair. :/ Think I'll need at least till the end of the year, or longer to have them back. Or at least being able to start them. It sucks, cause eventually the hair becomes part of your identity. People don;t even recognize me sometimes!

Am jealous as **** already now of you :p cause if you can make a fro, you can already make awesome dreads. And usually, thick course hair dreads much easier even though growing generally takes a little longer? Patience is the key though man. If you want it, you'll get there.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I liked dreads too, I wanted them too when I was in Jamaica, but that all changed when Lil Wayne became popular... :urg:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
There are better role models with dreads than Wayne though. :p

You lived in Jamaica btw!? Or at least been there? Also jealous! Wanna go there badly. Or even wanna settle in the Caribean eventually. Can't stand the weather and artificial foods here.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Well they're gone now, but will be back. Won't cut them anymore after this time, so hoping for the best. But my mind is at other places in terms of worries right now... So can't quite say right now it's the thing that's bothering me the most.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Oh god lol don't remind me of Weezy

I'm still trying to get that wack ass Dedication 4 mixtape and basically everything he made after Tha Catrter 3 out of my mind

That's true though Diddy, I just meant that they wouldn't look right on me if I got dreads haha

Then again, I guess I can't truly say what looks right on me either until I try out different styles

D

Deleted member

Geno may also have a chance, but that's only if the rumor that Sakurai tried to get him for Brawl is true (which can't be proven).
As I've said multiple times before, Sakurai finalized the roster by July 7, 2005. Sonic was the sole exceptional late addition in 2007.

Geno's support didn't really rise up until at least after Brawl's trailer at E3 2006, a year after the finalization.

So unless Sakurai already thought about adding Geno before his fanbase exploded, Geno was never planned to begin with.

Though this (admittedly) helps Geno in a way. Given that he became popular during Brawl's development, Sakurai could have been looking into him this time around.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Though, recently I've picked up on Marth (in Brawl), trying to learn the ins and outs. But sometimes I still do habits that I would with Roy...especially with Marth's B, but I keep forgetting it's altered in Brawl. I've been playing Brawl for like, how many years, and I still forget. Old habits die hard I guess.
Well just keep practicing with Marth and you'll eventually get it. Remember that Marth is more aerial based unlike Roy who is more suited for ground combat, and has the gimmicky tip sweet spot that makes powerful attacks more tricky. Marth is a character that is a tad tricky to master, but has very good synergy with his movement and attacks.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Same here but the difference sucks for me now. Feels uncomfortable, and doesn't feel right at all. Like, am not even me.

Haven't tried to listen to Wayne for a long time and I'm glad I didn't. Liked Fireman, Make It Rain, Hustler Musik and some other songs when I was like 16, but when I started listening others I just completely forgot about him. Am usually fan of whatever undergroup hiphop I can find, and can listen it for days when I'm into it but still prefer reggae above all.

Feeling kinda tired now. It's like 3am here. Going to bed soon I think.

D

Deleted member

As I've said multiple times before, Sakurai finalized the roster by July 7, 2005. Sonic was the sole exceptional late addition in 2007.

Geno's support didn't really rise up until at least after Brawl's trailer at E3 2006, a year after the finalization.

So unless Sakurai already thought about adding Geno before his fanbase exploded, Geno was never planned to begin with.

Though this (admittedly) helps Geno in a way. Given that he became popular during Brawl's development, Sakurai could have been looking into him this time around.
Geno wasn't ever planned for Brawl, that I'll agree with. I'm just stating that it's possible that Sakurai might have wanted Geno in Brawl, but couldn't incorporate him due to licensing issues.

Can't really think of anyone else at the moment that could have been prevented from being in Smash due to licensing issues that was a Nintendo character. I'd say a Rare character instead, but Sakurai should have known of that by the time he finalized the roster.

Perhaps a second party character that never appeared in Smash in any way?

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Yep, underground hip hop is where it's at

Hip hop is probably my personal favorite genre of music since it's the most relatable to me (the lyrics, I mean), but I just love music in general, really

Trip hop, downtempo, ambient, video game/anime OSTs, Japanese/Chinese orientals, progressive trance, nu jazz, and basically anything else that sounds good to me

Not really into rock or metal though, besides like Rage Against the Machine, Cake and Soul Coughing maybe?

But yeah Diddy you should probably just go ahead and get that rest in lol

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
There are better role models with dreads than Wayne though. :p

You lived in Jamaica btw!? Or at least been there? Also jealous! Wanna go there badly. Or even wanna settle in the Caribean eventually. Can't stand the weather and artificial foods here.
My family is from Jamaica, I usually spend most of my summers visiting my family there. Jamaica's weather is always set to HOT.

D

Deleted member

Geno wasn't ever planned for Brawl, that I'll agree with. I'm just stating that it's possible that Sakurai might have wanted Geno in Brawl, but couldn't incorporate him due to licensing issues.

Can't really think of anyone else at the moment that could have been prevented from being in Smash due to licensing issues
Except that Sakurai would really have no reason to want to incorporate him when the roster was finalized in 05, considering that Geno's requests didn't start coming until some time after E3 06.
And even then, Sakurai was trying to avoid late additions as they would cause conflicts in production. Sonic was the sole exception to this, and that was just because he happened to be the most requested character worldwide.
Given that Sonic had to have negotation in regards to Sega, it seems rather farfetched to believe that if Geno was in Sonic's place, Sakurai would not negotiate with Squeenix.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Still iffy about the game not being done by Rock Steady, though Deathstroke is a plus I guess. Then again, I was kinda disappointed at how Deadshot was executed in Arkham City. I mean the side quest with him was alright, but never could get used to his costume design in the game.

I completed the Gen 3 Pokedex in Fire Red, I got all of them, including Mew.

Once Gen 4 rolled along I said '**** it' and gave up.
Same here, except I did it my Ruby version, but yeah. Same thing. Since then, catching all the little critters again never crossed my mind...

What I hated about Legendary Pokémon ever since Gen 3 who where 'event exclusives'.

>Pokémon Colloseum
>Want dat Ho-Oh
>Complete insane battle circuit, raged badly but t'was kinda awesome
>Get dat Ho-Oh
>***** has an Impish Nature

How I felt:

Note how rhino's are my favroite animals ever. So this... It took a lot from me.

I hated Ho-Oh ever since. Regretted the day I got Pokemon Gold in my youth instead of Silver.

LUGIA 4 LIFE *****!
Definitely understand your frustration (glad you don't actually hate Ho-oh though). The one I got in Colosseum had a Jolly nature, which I thought was ****ty at the time until I realized it needed all the speed increase it could get, and the one I got in Heard Gold luckily had the nature I wanted too. Forgot what it was now, but haven't had the same luck with much of the other legendaries in terms of nature.

And Lugia's cool, but overrated IMO. For me a monotone flying whale just doesn't compare to a rainbow phoenix.

As for Colosseum and XD, shame they were hated by most of the poke-fanbase (from what I had seen anyway) because of how different they were from the traditional games. I know taming Shadow Pokemon doesn't have the same charm as catching whatever in the wild, but at least it was something fresh compared to the usual.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Well just keep practicing with Marth and you'll eventually get it. Remember that Marth is more aerial based unlike Roy who is more suited for ground combat, and has the gimmicky tip sweet spot that makes powerful attacks more tricky. Marth is a character that is a tad tricky to master, but has very good synergy with his movement and attacks.
I really ought to check out the Marth boards and watch vids like I used to do. You learn some neat tricks. Though, I can't believe I'm taking up Marth after all these years...

Brawl didn't have any Super Mario RPG content in it, right? Besides Peach's side smash?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom