• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Discussion Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Ash WAS able to use that Haunter in battle...That's close enough to catching it

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Maybe the kids weren't excited because the pokemon was old?

That or the adults somehow took all of their excitement. They were a little too happy about the reveal.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Marth cheating on Shiida with Roy? That bodes ill for poor Marthipan...

volbound1700

Smash Master
What sort of bizarro world do you live in??

That's not happening, nor are there any clues that it's in development. More like, that's what the Sega fans want to happen. Sega is doing fine as a 3rd party publisher. They have NO special deals with anyone.

If they ever go cold, chances are they'll sell their IP's to everyone, not just Nintendo. They work with Sony and M$ all the time too.

Do I need to remind you Sonic Generations did not come to the Wii?

A couple Wii exclusive Sonic titles, and M&S @ Olymics doesn't tell us anything about what Sega and Nintendo may or may not do.
SEGA has already went at Microsoft twice to get bought. You have to show some profitability to get someone to buy you. No one wants a sinking ship. SEGA's actions may not just be to get profitability but also to also improve their market value for a buyer.

You cannot just sell your IPs to anyone plus SEGA wants to stay together. Powerful independent companies have a hard time surviving. Look at Maxis, Blizzard, and other companies.

Look at how Nintendo has also promoted Sonic at times (i.e. Brawl trailer, Mario + Sonic Olympics, Sonic games for Nintendo systems, etc.)

Also at Manlyspirit and Vintage, how about you state facts that prove otherwise because when you say... "uh uh your an idiot" kind of posts it just sounds like your a troll.

After watching a guy in a Lucario costume both dance and throw CGI Aura Spheres on Pokemon Smash the other day, it's a good bet Lucario's staying.
I hope you guys are right. I don't want Lucario to go anywhere and I think he is different character from Mewtwo and should not be replaced if Mewtwo or another pokemon is added.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
SEGA has already went at Microsoft twice to get bought. You have to show some profitability to get someone to buy you. No one wants a sinking ship. SEGA's actions may not just be to get profitability but also to also improve their market value for a buyer.

You cannot just sell your IPs to anyone plus SEGA wants to stay together. )
Source?

Because I'm 99.999999999% sure that NEVER happened.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Sorry I use facts instead of hot air opinions that you produce Vintage. It must suck when people bring in facts and sources (even if from Wikipedia) to crumble your posts.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
This... happened 10 years ago... TEN...

10 YEARS AGO.

And also it was just M$'s idea, it wasn't Sega's. Really c'mon.
Oh M$....trying to take away everything people love. Better luck next time!

One day, their uppence shall come!

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Sorry I use facts instead of hot air opinions that you produce Vintage. It must suck when people bring in facts and sources (even if from Wikipedia) to crumble your posts.
You're saying that since 10 years ago Microsoft wanted to enter the gaming market and thought to buy Sega, but then decided not, in the present day Sega wants to be purchased by Nintendo, even if it's doing quite well. Seriously, whao.
Also, we're talking about a company of 2500 people. Half Nintendo.

You sound like a lawyer from Phoenix Wright.

volbound1700

Smash Master
SEGA is not doing that well. Only the Sonic, Total War, and several other merchandised series are making profit. Mario + Sonic at the Olympics was there most profitable series the last few years and that says a lot. Also Blizzard was doing somewhat well with WoW but they still sold themselves to Activision.

Microsoft and SEGA had discussions once again after that read the article. It wasn't as serious as the first time around but was considered.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Okay, I just looked at some recent sales figures for the Wii U, and boy is it doing very poorly. Game & Wario (along with the Wii U port of DQX) bombed very badly. To give you an idea of how bad things are for Game & Wario to bomb, keep in mind that Wario Wario Touched and Smooth Moves were basically million-sellers in Japan.

If Iwata does not turn things around before the end of the next fiscal year, I expect him to step down before Smash 4 is released. If Iwata steps down at Nintendo, I don't expect Sakurai to return for Smash 5 (or at least he won't direct it). Iwata and Sakurai are very close, and it was Iwata's insistence that Sakurai even came back for Brawl.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Also Blizzard was doing somewhat well with WoW but they still sold themselves to Activision.
Something about the "Somewhat" doesn't seem to describe the reality of the success of WoW. And it was really just a business partnership, considering Activision has no say in anything Blizzard actually produces.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I think someone isn't tuned to the right frequency.

Anyway...

All this Nintendo buying Sega is nothing more than a rumor that keeps being circulated by dem Sega fans.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Okay, I just looked at some recent sales figures for the Wii U, and boy is it doing very poorly. Game & Wario (along with the Wii U port of DQX) bombed very badly. To give you an idea of how bad things are for Game & Wario to bomb, keep in mind that Wario Wario Touched and Smooth Moves were basically million-sellers in Japan.

If Iwata does not turn things around before the end of the next fiscal year, I expect him to step down before Smash 4 is released. If Iwata steps down at Nintendo, I don't expect Sakurai to return for Smash 5 (or at least he won't direct it). Iwata and Sakurai are very close, and it was Iwata's insistence that Sakurai even came back for Brawl.
Agreed. Nintendo is really struggling right now. This is why I am afraid Smash 4 may turn into a rush job to get out and drive sales up. Smash 4 along with the new Zelda and Mario 3D title are probably under pressure to get out the door and drive the business.

IMO, Wii U came out a year too early and the next generation consoles, all of them, have failed to give the consumer market something that makes them desirable to purchase. I also feel like Nintendo abandoned the Wii too early.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Now that was just dickish. It must suck that no one ever agrees with you or any of your opinions. See I can be mean too. There is a certain thing called forum etiquette. Golden rule son. Be nice and you will be treated nicely.

Also, it was only Microsoft that brought the idea up. Not Sega.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Something about the "Somewhat" doesn't seem to describe the reality of the success of WoW. And it was really just a business partnership, considering Activision has no say in anything Blizzard actually produces.
I imagine SEGA would keep its development and everything if it sold. However, with the way Nintendo is struggling a merger maybe more likely haha. I know it had to be discussed at times because with rumors there is sometimes fire. However, I cannot say whether it will ever happen. Nintendo may not have the capital or interest right now to buy SEGA.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Agreed. Nintendo is really struggling right now. This is why I am afraid Smash 4 may turn into a rush job to get out and drive sales up. Smash 4 along with the new Zelda and Mario 3D title are probably under pressure to get out the door and drive the business.

IMO, Wii U came out a year too early and the next generation consoles, all of them, have failed to give the consumer market something that makes them desirable to purchase. I also feel like Nintendo abandoned the Wii too early.
I doubt Smash 4 will be pushed out earlier than Q4 2014. However, I think due to the poor sales for the Wii is the primary reason why I don't think Iwata (or his successor) will allow for Smash 4 to be delayed to 2015 under any circumstances.

Zelda is definitely not going to be a 2014 title considering that game was still in the conceptual stages back in January.

As for the Wii U coming out a year too early, I disagree. If anything, the Wii U should have been released in 2011 when people still cared about the Wii brand (Skyward Sword should have been a 2010 or first half of 2011 title). The Wii's sales were starting to slow down in 2010, 2011 was the best time to bring out the Wii U. During 2012, the Wii was a dead console, and people had forgotten about it.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Now that was just ****ish. It must suck that no one ever agrees with you or any of your opinions. See I can be mean too. There is a certain thing called forum etiquette. Golden rule son. Be nice and you will be treated nicely.

Also, it was only Microsoft that brought the idea up. Not Sega.

Link? Let's see your cite for this bold statement.

Also most of the people on here do have etiquette but I haven't seen it from some of the posters and it is not just me that have taken your hot air opinions.

It is generally a sign of a losing argument when people respond to your posts with "Your wrong... [insert comment about how dumb or ignorant you are]"

There is no evidence, facts, or anything other than hot air and name calling which is the responses I saw and I provided links from IGN and other gaming sites, in fact I could have given you a 100 links on that article lol. Also have you ever thought that Wikipedia is easier to find and cite then let's say a Gamespy article that is 2 years old.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Also most of the people on here do have etiquette but I haven't seen it from some of the posters and it is not just me that have taken your hot air opinions.

It is generally a sign of a losing argument when people respond to your posts with "Your wrong... [insert comment about how dumb or ignorant you are]"

There is no evidence, facts, or anything other than hot air and name calling which is the responses I saw and I provided links from IGN and other gaming sites, in fact I could have given you a 100 links on that article lol. Also have you ever thought that Wikipedia is easier to find and cite then let's say a Gamespy article that is 2 years old.
"Before there was an original Xbox, rumors ran rampant that Microsoft was looking to purchase Sega"

That is RIGHT from the article you provided.

Stay classy internet!

volbound1700

Smash Master
I doubt Smash 4 will be pushed out earlier than Q4 2014. However, I think due to the poor sales for the Wii is the primary reason why I don't think Iwata (or his successor) will allow for Smash 4 to be delayed to 2015 under any circumstances.

Zelda is definitely not going to be a 2014 title considering that game was still in the conceptual stages back in January.

As for the Wii U coming out a year too early, I disagree. If anything, the Wii U should have been released in 2011 when people still cared about the Wii brand (Skyward Sword should have been a 2010 or first half of 2011 title). The Wii's sales were starting to slow down in 2010, 2011 was the best time to bring out the Wii U. During 2012, the Wii was a dead console, and people had forgotten about it.
I do agree that had Skyward Sword been a release title with Wii U the system would have faired a lot better. I don't really see PS4 doing well right out the gate as well (it will likely be like PS3 where people will not really start to get sales until the software hits maturity half-way through its cycle).

People don't want to throw down money on new systems when most the good software is still on the previous system. Xbox360 and PS3s are still selling well. Had Wii had more support from Nintendo and was still releasing decent software, their would still be sells on that system and Nintendo would still have some profitability. Abandoning the Virtual Console so early was especially a mistake as it doesn't really cost much time or effort on Nintendo's side and was very popular.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493

Let's keep this civil folks! It could get alot worse than petty arguments. Don't make me bring up Fire Emblem! I'll do it, too!

volbound1700

Smash Master
"Before there was an original Xbox, rumors ran rampant that Microsoft was looking to purchase Sega"

That is RIGHT from the article you provided.

Stay classy internet!

Where is your link that SEGA was not interested in Selling to Microsoft or still isn't interested in selling to another company? I don't see it lol.

If SEGA fans who follow the franchise are saying the rumor, I would think they would have more insight then you who hates SEGA apparently and does not want Sonic in Smash.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I do agree that had Skyward Sword been a release title with Wii U the system would have faired a lot better. I don't really see PS4 doing well right out the gate as well (it will likely be like PS3 where people will not really start to get sales until the software hits maturity half-way through its cycle).
Skyward Sword should not have gotten the Twilight Princess treatment, it was fine as a Wii title. Secondly, Skyward Sword had a much weaker reception than any other Zelda before it. No one I know in real life had anything positive to say about it (well one did, but although he said it was a great game, it was worse than any other 3D home console Zelda).

As for the game industry in general, I do agree we will see a contraction this time.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Lol, the first line of the IGN article reads : "Microsoft's long rumoured-plan to acquire SEGA". :laugh:

I love turning someone's own weapon against them. :awesome:

I am sorry like Swampasaur, I don't see how that proves anything other than support my argument. His actual statement was that SEGA was never interested in Microsoft. Nothing he presented to me has proved that nor has ever produced a link or any evidence to support the idea that SEGA is also not interested in a merger or sell to Nintendo.

Produce this evidence and I will admit you are correct.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Where is your link that SEGA was not interested in Selling to Microsoft or still isn't interested in selling to another company? I don't see it lol.

If SEGA fans who follow the franchise are saying the rumor, I would think they would have more insight then you who hates SEGA apparently and does not want Sonic in Smash.
Well from the looks of it you don't have proof either considering the articles state its a rumor and NOT PROVEN. Where is your proof that states that Sega has ANY intention to sell?

Not want Sonic is smash? XD I've been trolled. SONIC WAS MY MOST WANTED CHARACTER! I BOUGHT A 360 JUST FOR SONIC 06! (Bad idea in hindsight but I was young at the time.) You're assuming things yet again and moreover you are insulting me.

Good day sir.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Friend, just because people disagree with you doesn't mean they hate Sega or don't want to see Sonic in Smash again... :/ Besides Sonic was already in Brawl if you didn't intend to include the word "again" at the end of your sentence....

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I am sorry like Swampasaur, I don't see how that proves anything other than support my argument. His actual statement was that SEGA was never interested in Microsoft. Nothing he presented to me has proved that nor has ever produced a link or any evidence to support the idea that SEGA is also not interested in a merger or sell to Nintendo.

Produce this evidence and I will admit you are correct.
Look, the best I can tell you is that producing evidence that Microsoft was interested, with no similar feedback on Sega's end is basically the closest you can get to confirmation. Otherwise, you guys are going to sit here all day passing insults back and forth. What was cited is essentially confirmation, and on that point it honestly doesn't matter now.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
You are just doing what you claimed others were doing to you: attack the other person. Like Swamp said, stay classy.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I don't think people here understand the gravity/implications of Game & Wario bombing. This is a series known to put up 500K (and sometimes over one million) sales in Japan alone for nearly all of its installments, yet as of its second week it has only sold around 35K sales.

I think Pikmin 3 was probably ready, but Miyamoto did not want to send out that game to die in the state the Wii U is in. The release schedule for the Wii U in Japan (and all territories really) is quite barren.

Nintendo really, really needs to bring it come E3.

Nintendo is going to use every single bullet they have for their E3 presentation this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom