• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Discussion Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
@Mawnkeh- I dunno honestly, I was thinking they would release it simultaneously considering the whole interconnectivity feature this game is supposedly going to center around

I never considered them releasing them at different times but I guess it's possible

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
The article seemed more 3DS centered more than anything. So a WiiU version could be on it's way.
My hope & guess, is that this PR person handles 3DS promo exclusively. But, yeah anything could happen.
This is the second article (if not the same one) stating Smash Bros is coming out this year so I am hyped none the less.

I just don't see myself getting the 3DS version

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I'm actually looking quite forward to both versions. The 3DS version should be especially pretty fun when going outdoors (Which I do quite a lot) Just so long as there is a decent vs mode with all characters in both versions and a decent amount of stages I'd be happy.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
I'm planning on getting the Wii U version. It's just that, I have no real motivation (and money lol) for buying the Wii U right now. Though, that's going to change down the road...

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I probably won't be able to get the 3DS version but I'm sure it'll be great too

Especially if it focuses on the single player experience as suggested on here

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I wouldn't be surprised if the 3DS version sold better.
I think that is likely given that there are more 3DSs out there than WiiUs.
Even if there is a Smash WiiU bundle (Which i'm sure there will be one for either 3DS, WiiU or both.) I doubt it will compete with 3DS sales; Especially with the Japanese crowd who live the commuters life style.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I probably won't be able to get the 3DS version but I'm sure it'll be great too

Especially if it focuses on the single player experience as suggested on here
...Which is precisely why I'm not enthusiastic about it. A Super Smash Bros. game that focuses on the single player experience is not going to go well at all.

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
...Which is precisely why I'm not enthusiastic about it. A Super Smash Bros. game that focuses on the single player experience is not going to go well at all.
As much as I'm hoping the 3DS version will be worth It, I have to agree with you. The multiplayer is where its at. Without it, the games nothing spectacular.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
On second thought, I just came across this video from one of my youtube subs:
We might be able to play our 3DS games on our WiiU's, but i would still prefer the WiiU version.

Kid Icarus: U alone was a bit uncomfortable for me when playing for over an hour, given the how small my 3DS is (don't plan on getting an XL unless my current one breaks). Thank goodness I still had my O.G DS's thumb-strap to play with, instead of having my hands grip the stylus uncomfortably. But guessing how SSB4 will be no different, by requiring a lot of input to get the desired results. I just don't see the 3DS version being all that fun for me and my big hands :sadeyes:

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
What if...

Smash Bros. On the 3DS was merely a remake of Melee? (More trophies, updated models and graphics, maybe a few new characters like Lucas and Dedede)

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
I'd just prefer a new game. I mean its not like smashbros has a different adventure or tale to tell. Remakes seem sort of pointless.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
What if...

Smash Bros. On the 3DS was merely a remake of Melee? (More trophies, updated models and graphics, maybe a few new characters like Lucas and Dedede)
I think that's what the Virtual Console is for. Especially for Smash 64.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Another reason why I'm not enthusiastic about the 3DS version is the portable aspect sounding very uncomfortable, especially with the more fast paced metagame aspect of it.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Just a question: what is your favorite game out of all the franchises in Smash so far? I'd say Donkey Kong Country 2 for me.
Hard to say... I like many games... here's my top 5.

1. Super Mario 64
2. Kirby's Adventure
3. Majora's Mask
4. Yoshi's Island SNES
5. Donkey Kong Country 2

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Shortie's poll just reached 1,400.

K.Rool is pretty far below Little Mac.

peeup

Smash Lord
If any stage deserves to be in Smash 4, its a Super Mario Galaxy stage. **** would be very unsuited to competitive play but **** would it be fun to **** around on.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
If any stage deserves to be in Smash 4, its a Super Mario Galaxy stage. **** would be very unsuited to competitive play but **** would it be fun to **** around on.
I picture (as I'm sure many of you have) a giant, for the most part, spherical level. That you can walk around fully in a 360 fashion. That means, the only way for you to get ring'd out is if you get hit with enough force to to leave the levels gravitational field.

But I do agree... ain't nothing fun about getting chain-grabbed infintitly in a circle. On some phucking Harlem Globe Trotter Grabber type $h!t...

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
The sphere stage has always been an interesting idea, id like to see it happen. Personally though ive always hoped for the galaxy stage to take place on bowsers airship, which would leave peach's castle and the atmosphere to travel through all the galaxy's from the games, sort of like a tour. And it would end at bowsers floating fortress (or whatever it was called in galaxy 2), to which everyone would disembark the ship for the new magma doorstep of his castle. Bowser definitely needs his own stage, so i figured this could work towards that.

D

Deleted member

http://www.yourfreepoll.com/sxjceltrsp.html

1403 votes

1. Mega Man: 758
2. Mewtwo: 664
3. Ridley: 531
4. Little Mac: 518
5. King K. Rool: 499
6. Waluigi: 431
7. Isaac: 417
8. Palutena: 374
9. Roy: 360
10. Ghirahim: 359
11. Bowser Jr. 350
12. Krom: 321
13. Shulk: 313
14. Pac-Man: 280
15. Krystal: 277
16. Zoroark: 268
17. Geno: 254
18. Toad: 221
19. Takamaru: 215
20. Dixie Kong: 198
21. Saki: 185
22. Samurai Goroh: 180
23. Black Shadow: 144
24. Mona: 140
25. Bandanna Dee: 139

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Roy is rising pretty fast.

Chrono's gonna love this!

peeup

Smash Lord
For the Galaxy stage, I don't think a simple sphere is the best way it could be done. It would be cool no doubt, but we know from Green Hill Zone that curved stages in Smash are kinda a nuisance.

I see like a square with each side of it being its own stage, and gravity shifts every now and then to make each different field active at different times. Kinda like a standard transformation stage (Pokemon Stadium) but you could see all the transformations all the time, and hypothetically interact with them all, but fighting would stay on one transformation so it wouldnt be hectic. And **** would look sideways or upside down a lot which would **** wit yo head.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom