• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Discussion Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Since64

Smash Cadet
This is a wobbuffet moveset I made, tell me what you think

Stats:

Size- 5
Weight- 3
Ground Speed- 4
Jump- 7
Aerial Speed- 2
Fall Speed- 8
Traction- 5

Due to him being a "Punching Bag", Wobbuffet takes 50% less knockback

A: Slap 2% "F"
AA: Slap, Slap 2%, 2% "F"
AAA: Slap, Slap, Tail Slap 2%, 2%, 6% "D"
Running A: Runs and slaps 11% "D"

Tilt:

U-Tilt: Small Headbuut 8% "C"
D-Tilt: Low Slap 9% "D"
F-Tilt: Head Clap 10% "B"

Air:

N-Air: Tail Spin 15% "B"
U-Air: Overhead Clap 17% "B"
D-Air: Tail Drill 3% x 7 "D"
F-Air: Karate Chop 15% "B"
B-Air: Tail Whip 18% "A"

Grabs:

Pummel: Slap
U-Grab: Wobbuffet Headbutts his opponent up. 13% "C"
D-Grab: Wobbuffet Slaps his opponent with his tail, sending down, otg. 14% "C"
F-Grab: Wobbuffet Slaps his opponent. 12% "C"
B-Grab: Wobbuffet does a round house tail. 12% "C"

Smashes:

U-Smash: Head Smash 4% x 3, 12% "B"
D-Smash: Tail Sweep 18% "B"
F-Smash: Back Hand 22% "A"

Taunts:

1: Wobbuffet Salutes and says "Wobbuffet
2: Wobbuffet Puffs out his chest
3: Wobbuffet Yawns

Victory Poses:

1: Same as Taunt 1
2: Wobbuffet does the Egyptian dance
3: Wobbuffet eats a feast then says "Wobba"

Specials:

N-Special Counter: Puffs out his chest for 3 seconds. When Wobbuffet is hit, he slaps his opponent, dealing 1.5* of the damage he would have received and does the same amount of the moves knock back.

F-Special Encore: Shoots a ball of light that does 0%. When it hits an opponent, it traps them in a loop of the last special move they did for 3 seconds. (if no special move was used, it uses the N-Special). When he casts it with in 30 seconds of the last casting time, the encore fails and wobbuffet looks surprised

U-Special Tailicopter: Spins his tail really fast, causing him to rise to (around a ness double jump) in height. Becomes helpless afterwords.

D-Special Magic coat: Reflects a projectile at 2x the speed, dealing 150% of the projectiles damage and the same amount of the projectiles knock back

Final Smash Destiny Bound: Wobbuffet resets his damage counter to 300% and is given an aura. When wobbuffet is KO'ed while he has this aura, he KO'er is dragged off the screen and is KO'ed by wobbuffet. (When wobbuffet dies due to SD, the aura goes away when he respawns)

Letters in quotes next to the moves are the knock back level.

"A": Great
"B": Good
"C": Ok
"D": Bad
"F": None

Play style: Wobbuffet is a patience players best choice. He is a defensive tank that requires the best timing to rack up the damage on his opponent.

Tips when playing as him:

-Know what kind of character you are playing against, (knowing when to use his counter or his magic coat).

-Know when to use encore, (this will be the difference between winning and losing, a encore while a character is coming back to the stage will hurt their chances of surviving).

Tips when playing against him:

-Throws are your best friend, (he doesn't have a counter for your throws, use them a lot)

any questions just ask.
Wow, you took your time to stack everything against him, Didn't you? His final smash requires HIM to get knocked off the stage to be of any effect? No, his final smash should be counter. He takes the damage he has, triples it, than throws it as an energy ball at the opponent.

Since64

Smash Cadet
Wow, you took your time to stack everything against him, Didn't you? His final smash requires HIM to get knocked off the stage to be of any effect? No, his final smash should be counter. He takes the damage he has, triples it, than throws it as an energy ball at the opponent.
I'm sorry, that came off meaner than i meant it.

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
That's not going to help wobbuffet when he's doesn't have any damage

Edit: you actually didn't put it that meanly

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
Not really, since there is healing items, not to mention you could respawn when the sb shows up

Plus I didn't use items

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
Physical attack. But speed makes sense in light of the movie.
I agree Physical Attack would be the most useful since Mewtwo already has has one of the highest special attack and speed. and I think defense/special defense stats wouldn't realy fit the new form.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Guy's, I think since64 meant not getting hit at all. So not having having your damage percentage at 0% through healing items or getting Ko'd before the Smash ball appears.

It's still doable though.

D

Deleted member

Sounds like a Speed Form. Which I guess makes sense given "Extremespeed Genesect" but the funny thing is Mewtwo is already normally faster than Genesect and is already within the Top 10 fastest Pokemon in the game.

If a new form though, I'm still betting on it serving as a Final Smash or, as Kuma may put it, a stance, rather than as the default Mewtwo or as an alternate costume.

Also I agree with the other things said in your post about new characters/cuts.
If it's a Speed form then we better get this one for Smash, Mewtwo's biggest problem was being slow.

Since64

Smash Cadet
Guy's, I think since64 meant not getting hit at all. So not having having your damage percentage at 0% through healing items or getting Ko'd before the Smash ball appears.

It's still doable though.
I also would have any lost stock count as 100% damage.

Hey, counter is hideously broken in Pokemon, why not here?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I am still lolling that its called "eclair" form (yes, I know its a french word for lightning), but thinking about a pastry version of Mewtwo is hilarious.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Éclair Form Mewtwo? Well...

The first thing that comes to mind is indeed the dessert.

I know it also means lightning... but did you know that it can also mean... flamboyancy?

Since64

Smash Cadet
There's a few people here and there. I'm a tourney player, but I still enjoy items and taunt parties.
I just wish tourney rules didn't exclude items. *puts on old man beard* Back in MY day, on Smash 64, there was no item switch! So if your opponent got a hammer you were screwed! And we were HAPPY!

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I'm the only non-tourney player here, aren't I?
Not really. I never went to a tourney before (But that's more because I don't know of any tournies taking place where I live)

I mainly play smash for fun. Although I have been interested in trying to play Melee more competitively lately though. (I don't think I will ever learn how to properly wavedash and L-cancel though...)

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
I just wish tourney rules didn't exclude items. *puts on old man beard* Back in MY day, on Smash 64, there was no item switch! So if your opponent got a hammer you were screwed! And we were HAPPY!
But there WAS an item switch that could be unlocked...

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Okay, so I've been gone since the day of fools due to an internet service error, and have been wifi hopping, and it seems I missed a lot. Suddenly Mewtwo can turn into a pastry. :troll:

Did I miss anything else, by any chance? Other than cyclic FE/Pokemon debates, of course.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If you don't go to tournaments, why do you care about their rules?

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
There is no excuse for Mewtwo be slow in the next game if true. Plus, Mewtwo with a Super Sonic Final Smash would be pretty much guaranteed. Although it would be awesome if Mewtwo had an attack form and not a speed form, since speed has never really been an issue for Mewtwo...
True. All this attack form and speed form stuff sounds too much like Deoxys now though... Maybe he can be like Deoxys in that sense but better. :troll:

And that Bruce Faulconer DBZ talk earlier was refreshing. Speaking of which, anyone know of or looking forward to the DBZ Battle of the Gods movie? Apparently it's all the rage in Japan right now, so surprised that was never brought up before, especially since the main villain Bills is very Mewtwo-esque as a cat.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'm the only non-tourney player here, aren't I?
Don't worry. There are plenty of casuals here as well. I have never gone to a tourney. (There are no tourneys in this part of the world. xD)

Did I miss anything else, by any chance? Other than cyclic FE/Pokemon debates, of course.
Some debates about cuts, and some fights.

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
no, I played on other stages, I just liked playing without items (I do think I played with the smash ball).

and no I haven't gone to a tourney

any other complaints besides the final smash

Since64

Smash Cadet
If you don't go to tournaments, why do you care about their rules?
Because that's the face that all smash fans put on themselves. To the point where one of my friends keeps wanting to play without items or wacky stages. In my opinion, that's like a cheeseburger with no ketchup. Edible, but just not the same.

Also, There was an item switch? How did you get it?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Because that's the face that all smash fans put on themselves. To the point where one of my friends keeps wanting to play without items or wacky stages. In my opinion, that's like a cheeseburger with no ketchup. Edible, but just not the same.

Also, There was an item switch? How did you get it?
Your friend has a different opinion than you, this is okay. I like playing all stages, low items in Melee. But I'll play final des no items as well.

Personally "casuals" sound about as stubborn as "competitive players", just in different ways.

Since64

Smash Cadet
Your friend has a different opinion than you, this is okay. I like playing all stages, low items in Melee. But I'll play final des no items as well.

Personally "casuals" sound about as stubborn as "competitive players", just in different ways.
Perhaps you are right.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
And that Bruce Faulconer DBZ talk earlier was refreshing. Speaking of which, anyone know of or looking forward to the DBZ Battle of the Gods movie? Apparently it's all the rage in Japan right now, so surprised that was never brought up before, especially since the main villain Bills is very Mewtwo-esque as a cat.
So much yes! I can't wait to see this new Super Saiyan God mode Goku has in action.

bobadz

Smash Ace
Eclair is the French word for lightning. I think it's real givin the French setting.

Since64

Smash Cadet
Eclair is the French word for lightning. I think it's real givin the French setting.
Guys? I really think this is a new pokemon. The official site says so, I've been checking (yeah, SM4SH isn't the only game I'm Chomping at the bit for.). If, ugh, Mewclair IS directly related to Mewtwo it will be another mew clone, or an evolved (or pre evolved) form

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom