• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Discussion Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

@Ridley Prime

I'm not looking forward to the new DBZ movie. It'll be just like all the other DBZ movies, boring and predictable.

Honestly, the only good DBZ movies are Lord Slug, Fusion Reborn, and Cooler's Revenge.

Now Dragonball Movies, those are awesome.

peeup

Smash Lord
It isn't a final form, my dad is Miyamoto so I basically know these things. Also Sylveon is the new Love type, Froakie will have the most badass final evolution, and Ash's Charizard was actually Bruce Willis the whole time.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Taking a cue from Fire Emblem, where Lightning is a Light Magic tome, could Mewzora be a light type, since éclair means lightning? Just saying.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Slightly surprised by the lack of people that don't play competitively in these threads, but whatever. Contrary to what people might say, it's more fun then people think.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Slightly surprised by the lack of people that don't play competitively in these threads, but whatever. Contrary to what people might say, it's more fun then people think.
I've actually been meaning to ask you guy's for advice on how I should go at playing Melee competitively but never gotten around to. ^^; I'll try it out though and look up for any cool tricks.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Contrary to what people might say, it's more fun then people think.
Yeah; people like to bag on competitive 1v1s and the scene because they're not playing crazy and wacky randomness fests, which is what Smash is on the surface to many. Once you get a hang of the way matches are played and the mental aspects of the game it certainly a lot more enjoyable especially when you play with people who are at least as good as you.

EDIT: 1v1s are like solving a puzzle in a way. People like puzzles right?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Guys? I really think this is a new pokemon. The official site says so, I've been checking (yeah, SM4SH isn't the only game I'm Chomping at the bit for.). If, ugh, Mewclair IS directly related to Mewtwo it will be another mew clone, or an evolved (or pre evolved) form
In the past Black and White Kyruem and Resolute Keldeo were advertised as "new" pokemon. Plus there is tons of evidence in favor of it being a new form.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
That's likely fake. Just look at Mewtwo Y (who was likely meant to look like the official one). It doesn't match the official one at all, especially the lower part.

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
I think thats fake, compare newtwo's feet on that to the one on the official art.
ninja'd

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I think your right, but what do those two circles under the mewtwo side mean?
It could just be nothing. We'l have to wait and see.

Where did people claim they found that pic?

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Pretty sure the majority of people on Smash Boards aren't competitive players, granted we all came here to get better at the game and are often better than the overwhelming majority of the people who play Smash, but not directly competitive.

Haven't really seen anyone hate on competitive Smash aside from SmashChu and the trolls of the Fighting Game Community. Smash is fun in general, there's no one true way to play it (although there are wrong ways to play it like taunt matches).

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
So we were getting trolled. I hate neo gaf.
Perhaps. Though the poster is real I think. It's just these Mewtwo forms are definitely fake since the style they were drawn were different to the others in that same image. (Its hard to see in that small image. But in the bigger image, the Mewtwo X and Y had thicker outlines)

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Would it be acceptable if Mewzora takes the roster slot and Mewtwo becomes his Final Smash? :p

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I've actually been meaning to ask you guy's for advice on how I should go at playing Melee competitively but never gotten around to. ^^; I'll try it out though and look up for any cool tricks.
Best way is don't play it at all. Trying to master a video game is a waste of time. There are more interesting things to do and more money to make. Go outside and enjoy life. Meet your future wife. Or gain your financial freedom. Just today, I laid the ground works to start my own video game company and to open a bar. As I have said before, I am involved in an ALF. There are better things to do with your time than play competitive Smash.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Best way is don't play it at all. Trying to master a video game is a waste of time. There are more interesting things to do and more money to make. Go outside and enjoy life. Meet your future wife. Or gain your financial freedom. Just today, I laid the ground works to start my own video game company and to open a bar. As I have said before, I am involved in an ALF. There are better things to do with your time than play competitive Smash.
Haha true. xD Just though I'd try it out in my spare time though and see if I enjoy it. :p

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Is there gonna be another fight?

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Oh, c'mon SmashChu. Don't thrash competitive play at every point.
It's just the reality of it my friend. You will not be successful in real life and people will look down on you. Competitive Smash is not worth the time. Play for fun. Don't try and turn it into a job.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
You can have fun while playing competively to. Especially with friends who are just as good. It adds to the game in that aspect. Besides, we could ALL do something more productive than posting on an internet forum anyway. :rolleyes:

And that's what I personally see as the reality of it, my friend.

Life = choices you make.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
And what if you find competitive Smash fun?
The difference is that there is a lot more time investment. You have to practice and go to tournaments (which cost money). You may not be able to just play one day and not for a few hours. Look at Smash tournaments, or even here. Do you see any doctors, or lawyer or accountants. No, because these people don't have the time to play competitive Smash. You don't have a lot of time on this short earth so trying to get good at a video game is a bit of a waste. Just invite a few friends for Smash and beer one night. No need to sit there for hours and practice.

As for Dillon, he's pretty sweet. It's a shame that his thread lost it's momentum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom