• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Discussion Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I hope not.

People shouldn't pick fights they can't win. Seriously, not once have I seen SmashChu being convinced by the opposite party. lol
Amen, there should be a point where people realize that SmashChu is a very good troll and he just comes in here to start **** at every opportunity.

Really, there's not point in even bothering. There are more interesting things to do and more money to make. Go outside and enjoy life. Meet your future wife. Or gain your financial freedom. You will not be successful in real life and people will look down on you if you try and argue with Chu.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Well it's not like I would stay up day and night mastering a videogame. I just would to try it out during my spare time and people seem to enjoy it... ^^;

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
As for Dillon, he's pretty sweet. It's a shame that his thread lost it's momentum.
I would provide the momentum, if it wasn't for the fact I don't want to double post. Being like only one of two people that actually played Dillon's Rolling Western, I can pretty much say what needs to be said.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'm not comfortable talking about people who I don't know in this manner. But don't think he's a troll. And don't think it's that much needed to ignore him at all.

peeup

Smash Lord
Best way is don't play it at all. Trying to master a video game is a waste of time. There are more interesting things to do and more money to make. Go outside and enjoy life. Meet your future wife. Or gain your financial freedom. Just today, I laid the ground works to start my own video game company and to open a bar. As I have said before, I am involved in an ALF. There are better things to do with your time than play competitive Smash.
"Don't play videogames, they are a waste of time."

"I am opening a videogame company, so please play more videogames so that I may gain my financial freedome and have more time to meet my future wife."

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Well it's not like I would stay up day and night mastering a videogame. I just would to try it out during my spare time and people seem to enjoy it... ^^;
But, saldey, you can't. You have to be good enough to win some rounds. Otherwise, you'll just be throwing your entry fee away. So you need to start winning or you'll keep losing more money and time. To do that, you have to practice which means your putting more time into it. In the end, your trading time you could be doing more interesting things in order to win a Smash Brothers tournament. So it's not worth the investment. There are better things to do with your time.

I would provide the momentum, if it wasn't for the fact I don't want to double post. Being like only one of two people that actually played Dillon's Rolling Western, I can pretty much say what needs to be said.
I'm sure more than you and I have played this game.

The strange part is that it was pretty popular in the beginning and then it just died. I was thinking about creating a moveset. It might help.

"Don't play videogames, they are a waste of time."
I'm not saying don't play games at all. What I'm saying is don't dedicate your time to get good at a video game.

@DiddyKong: You guys don't have to reply to what I say. Just don't listen if you don't want to hear it. I'm just saying what I have observed in my experience. When you are busy, you find out you have a lot less time for video games. Don't give them up, but don't waste your time on them. There are better things in life than winning a $100 giftcard at your local Smash tourney.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
He's simply an arrogant hot head. Like a spoiled rich kid, it's better to simply ignore him.

It's really hard to resist making a comment about this. :troll:

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
@DiddyKong: You guys don't have to reply to what I say. Just don't listen if you don't want to hear it. I'm just saying what I have observed in my experience. When you are busy, you find out you have a lot less time for video games. Don't give them up, but don't waste your time on them. There are better things in life than winning a $100 giftcard at your local Smash tourney.
You're a ****ing idiot. That's all I'm gonna say.

Smooth Criminal

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Guys............................................C'mon.
We're not doing this.....are we???? Are we??

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
smashchu, it's not the best idea to tell someone what to do in there life without knowing their background

the guy could be worth millions or something

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings

It's really hard to resist making a comment about this. :troll:
I'm not arrogant if that's what you think. More like a honest grump, and I'm proud of that. I mean, you don't exactly see me bragging about my home or my job all the time and using it in every single argument.

Dillon is the best eShop representative at the moment.
No, just one of the best characters in general. I hate to be biased, but I will say that Dillon is probably one of the coolest looking protagonists Nintendo has ever produced.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
SmashChu, I don't even go to tournaments but can do some stuff in Melee and Brawl. I'm better than casuals cause I 'get' the game better. And regarding the real competitive Smash players, they probably 'get' the game faaarrrrr better than I do. In life you tend to do things mostly you're naturally good at. Of coarse some things in life take priority over videogames, but who are you to judge people who make this choice for themselves? Although I can see where you're coming from, nobody is really in a position to say what someone else should do. You create big enemies this way. And THAT'S what I know of life.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
People say there are two kinds of players, when in fact there are three:
- the "casuals" in one side
- the "hardcore" in the other side
- the those who bounce back and forth by the two sides above

A twisted game of tennis, if I do say so myself.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Habanero said:
No, just one of the best characters in general. I hate to be biased, but I will say that Dillon is probably one of the coolest looking protagonists Nintendo has ever produced.
I hardly see any bias here...

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
[quote="Habanero]
No, just one of the best characters in general. I hate to be biased, but I will say that Dillon is probably one of the coolest looking protagonists Nintendo has ever produced.[ /quote]
Might wanna get that fixed. Good.

Never played Dillon's game, but it looks all right, and he seems like he'd be fun to play as.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'm not arrogant if that's what you think. More like a honest grump, and I'm proud of that. I mean, you don't exactly see me bragging about my home or my job all the time and using it in every single argument.
I was teasing sir.

Hence the troll face. I do find you arrogant at times but most of the times you're just the lovable grump of the group.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I wouldn't mind Dillon, but it's not like I'm really wanting him or something. Never played the games, but it seems like he'd fit in quite easy.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I think dillion as a character (not just in smash) has HUGE potential
The first game was OK, but some of the mechanics weren't meshed as well as it could have been.
Here's to hoping things get polished in the next one.

TheCreator

Smash Lord
Dillon is very awesome. Sorry about never being on as well, guys, I just don't have the time I used to. I'm sure you all understand.
But yeah, dillon is a new character with a cool design and the character of a game that was a different type than Nintendo has made previously. Pretty cool. Can't wait for April 11th.
The news of the new mewtwo what's it forced me to make time by the way. Seems like if it's an alternate form, mewtwo could be given a transformation. Hence representing the 6th gen.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
EX Modes, Final Smash transformation or both at the same time in then please. Why? Cause I don't want a Down B transformation character.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
Guys if you expect cuts what makes you think that Melee characters will be back then ? the only possible case where Melee characters will get a comeback when there is no cuts (Sonic and Snake aren't considered character cuts because they are 3rd party)....

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Guys if you expect cuts what makes you think that Melee characters will be back then ? the only possible case where Melee characters will get a comeback when there is no cuts (Sonic and Snake aren't considered character cuts because they are 3rd party)....
I feel Mewtwo could easily return even if we're having more cuts. He easily stands out the most from all cut Melee characters. And he's immensively popular. Moreso than a lot of the current Brawl cast even.

So no, if Lucario, Sheik and Ike or anyone else where to be cut, I wouldn't expect Roy, Pichu or Dr.Mario. But I would expect Mewtwo still.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
I feel Mewtwo could easily return even if we're having more cuts. He easily stands out the most from all cut Melee characters. And he's immensively popular. Moreso than a lot of the current Brawl cast even.

So no, if Lucario, Sheik and Ike or anyone else where to be cut, I wouldn't expect Roy, Pichu or Dr.Mario. But I would expect Mewtwo still.
MewTwo is a special case, the Pokemon roster as I remember is heavily controlled by TPC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom