• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Discussion Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
All I know is if MewBuu is playable (look at the picture again, he/she/it's younger), and no one hacks Kid Buu's theme into the game; I will be disappointed.
This theme would be win times infinity.

I actually kinda like Falcouner's stuff, especially for the Cell and Buu arcs respectively. Shunsuke's stuff definitely wasn't bad, though.

Smooth Criminal

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I'm still sorta wondering my thoughts on Newtwo... might have to see him more closely in the future for final input.

I mean I like Mewtwo and hope he's in SSB4 due this but I'm still wondering would I wish to see him being replace by Newtwo again. Newtwo doesn't really give me much impression of how he's like.

D

Deleted member

I actually kinda like Falcouner's stuff, especially for the Cell and Buu arcs respectively. Shunsuke's stuff definitely wasn't bad, though.

Smooth Criminal
I was just about to post that. One of the best themes in DBZ. Weird how this theme fits Mewtwo so well.

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
For some reason smooth, I was going to guess that was the batman beyond theme (the future suit is unlockable in injustice)

if it wasn't dbz

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Well the thing that ultimately killed Mewtwo is his conflicting attributes. A slow large character who is floaty and light? That's practically begging Marth/Fox/Captain Falcon to jump in and say "Hello I'm going to anal prob you with combos lol". If Mewtwo was faster or heavier, this wouldn't be much of an issue.
Not to mention his low KO power. He shouldn't have been light or slow based on his stats.

D

Deleted member

Smooth Criminal
Fun fact did you know that there's an early SOAD song that is very reminiscent of Super Buu's theme?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYonN5N40XE

Not to mention his low KO power. He shouldn't have been light or slow based on his stats.
His Up Throw would KO most characters at around 60-70%

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
manly haven't you seen how I met your mother (if not it starts good and decreases in quality), you never want to be fun fact guy

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Also, this shall be his theme when everyone has been defeated and he makes an awesome speech about being superior. And this will be his theme when he destroys the arena.:awesome:

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465

Smooth Criminal
Anything from Falcouner was good. The different Cell and Buu themes hold a special place in my heart. #thoseToonamidays

His Up Throw would KO most characters at around 60-70%
I always thought Mewtwo having powerful throws was perfect for his character. The only problem was getting close enough to grab people.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
WHAT WAS THAT OLD TOPIC, OH YEAH, it is silly that Manly is so paranoid that these two games will inevitably turn out so bad, but if he feels that's what happened to Brawl then I guess there's no helping it. I mean, the only thing that could really bog down Sakurai at this point would be the implementation of this connectivity idea, and maybe the next story mode, but even that will be his second time doing such a thing so he'll have plenty of knowledge on what to do and what not to do. Last time THAT, and the online functionality gave him a lot of trouble I believe, but Namco will probably be dealing with the online stuff. I think Sakurai said the core of the game is pretty much done, so because there probably won't be too many changes to that, then that shouldn't give him much trouble at all. And we already know he's getting more help with balancing this time around.

I mean, no one is saying it would be EASY, but the circumstances definitely seem favorable. Sakurai can surely do it. He plans everything out from the beginning, and he apparently believes he can do it, sooo...

Really doesn't seem like something to worry about at all.

D

Deleted member

WHAT WAS THAT OLD TOPIC, OH YEAH, it is silly that Manly is so paranoid that these two games will inevitably turn out so bad, but if he feels that's what happened to Brawl then I guess there's no helping it. I mean, the only thing that could really bog down Sakurai at this point would be the implementation of this connectivity idea, and maybe the next story mode, but even that will be his second time doing such a thing so he'll have plenty of knowledge on what to do and what not to do. Last time THAT, and the online functionality gave him a lot of trouble I believe, but Namco will probably be dealing with the online stuff. I think Sakurai said the core of the game is pretty much done, so because there probably won't be too many changes to that, then that shouldn't give him much trouble at all. And we already know he's getting more help with balancing this time around.

I mean, no one is saying it would be EASY, but the circumstances definitely seem favorable. Sakurai can surely do it. He plans everything out from the beginning, and he apparently believes he can do it, sooo...

Really doesn't seem like something to worry about at all.
I just wanna clarify. I'm not paranoid about the game coming out bad. If I was, I wouldn't be here posting and debating. Hell, I would have given up on Smash.

I just want people to stop being so selfish and realizing how much effort goes into making a game. To be aware of the consequences of having an oversized roster, and Nintendo's current plan with the game. That's all.

Nintendo's Seal of Quality has always applied to their 1st party titles, even the ****tier ones like Skyward Sword are still decent games overall.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I was just about to post that. One of the best themes in DBZ. Weird how this theme fits Mewtwo so well.
Well, I don't think it quite fits. I don't see Mewtwo (or, in this case, Mewthree) being what could be constituted as an "evil jackass," making childish antics and pranks deadly.

The Buu-like look, though...

Fun fact did you know that there's an early SOAD song that is very reminiscent of Super Buu's theme?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYonN5N40XE
As a fan of SOAD, yes, yes I did. :D Although I'm a much bigger fan of their pre-Mezmerize/Hypnotize stuff. SOAD is still one of the few bands that I like that's released an album consisting entirely of b-sides (Steal This Album) that I've enjoyed immensely.

For some reason smooth, I was going to guess that was the batman beyond theme (the future suit is unlockable in injustice)

if it wasn't dbz
Hahaha, I am kind of on this Batman Beyond kick. That's awesome that Netherrealm included the future suit. Just a little more incentive to buy the game.

Smooth Criminal

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I just want people to stop being so selfish and realizing how much effort goes into making a game. To be aware of the consequences of having an oversized roster, and Nintendo's current plan with the game. That's all.
You'd have a better time convincing people that turtles can fly.

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
it's really hard to explain the joke

one of the main characters is paranoid about getting fired, so another main character suggested finding a niche for himself becoming a "blank" guy, (like a guy with a bunch of toys, thus becoming toy guy)

Now this is a corporate bank, so when the character starts listing off a bunch of niches, the other character responds by saying "fired", one of the niches was "fun fact guy" with the other character responding, "did you know you're fired".

basically, I was referencing the show, hoping someone would get it

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
That's because Mewtwo wasn't about Smash attacks, he was a grappler.
But did they really have to make them that weak though. I mean, his forward smash does 12% uncharged. That's on par with many characters tilts.

And yes, that is definitely the best theme. Should be his theme when he uses Psystrike:awesome:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
You'd have a better time convincing people that turtles can fly.
I was convinced that pink flying elephants existed. Oh well.

Anyway, snarky remarks aside, I agree with Manly, creating a game is a difficult process. The more characters you add to a fighting game, the more time it takes to balance all of them, while keeping each character distinct from another. This doesn't apply only to fighting games, it also applies to RTSs, RPGs, racing games, among others.

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
I could stand the sight of worms
And look at microscopic germs
but technicolored packyderms
are really to much for me

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I mean, I can appreciate the difficulties Sakurai or any developer has to go through, but I can still have confidence in his ability to deliver. HE DOES, so you can too.

"That's a lot of hard work!"

What a thing to say.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
I hate the whole 1 bad game or game they hate = dead series. :urg:

D

Deleted member

I mean, I can appreciate the difficulties Sakurai or any developer has to go through, but I can still have confidence in his ability to deliver. HE DOES, so you can too.

"That's a lot of hard work!"

What a thing to say.
Yeah, but all I'm saying is people should stop expecting 50+ character rosters NO CUTS, with both games being totally different and released simultaneously.

And then saying it's possible because "we have Namco for balancing, the largest team ever assembled and a huge budget"

Development takes time more than anything.

To me, 45-48, with a handfull of cuts sounds more reasonable. With both games being released at different times. Q4 2014 for the WiiU version, and Q1/Q2 2015 for the 3DS version. Q2 seems more likely to me because games sell better in the Summer than in Spring, and thus large releases are pushed for that window most of the time.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
To me, 45-48, with a handfull of cuts sounds more reasonable
I don't see a reason for cuts. There were no absolute clones (except for maybe Toon Link) in Brawl. I'd rather have them add less characters instead of cutting someone.

D

Deleted member

I don't see a reason for cuts. There were no absolute clones (except for maybe Toon Link) in Brawl. I'd rather have them add less characters instead of cutting someone.
Well then expect less newcomers then... I can see 2-3 characters getting the axe.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Of course people will be greedy and simply want more, even though having less would actually be the more ideal route. With less priorities, there would be a bigger focus on polishing out what is available.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
The only cuts I can see happening is Sonic and Snake if Sega and Konami don't let their characters in again or if Sakurai doesn't ask for them again. We "might" lose Lucario and Toon Link but that would be pretty much it I think. The Brawl roster is pretty much perfect for what it achieved imo so I'd rather there wont be any cuts at all but I wont be surprised if we did lose a few characters. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom