• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Discussion Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Exactly. It isn't like there are cancer-ridden people, children with progeria, or objectively unattractive people for us to stroke their egos in that link.
Don't forget the political posts, like for Jesus; ignore for Satan (always vote Satan), and those goddamn hashtags that don't do anything.

peeup

Smash Lord
Zoroark is not a threat to Lucario's roster spot. Mostly due to the fact that Zoroark has no chance at getting in, especially now that Mewthree will be in.

D

Deleted member

Don't forget the political posts, like for Jesus; ignore for Satan (always vote Satan), and those goddamn hashtags that don't do anything.
Hashtags on Facebook are pure cancer... I hate it when people do that ****.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Zoroark is not a threat to Lucario's roster spot. Mostly due to the fact that Zoroark has no chance at getting in, especially now that Mewthree will be in.
Oh, even if Mewthree is not a threat to Lucario, it is still a threat to Mewtwo. :troll:

Clearly it's too epic for Smashboards to handle. :p
Considering Karate Joe and Sheriff are on his roster, no wonder Smashboards couldn't handle all that epic fail. :awesome:

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
I've decided after looking at Mewthree's concept art for 10 mins that I actually like it. The only thing I wish was changed was it's feet cause they look like Squidward's nose.:urg:

D

Deleted member

I've decided after looking at Mewthree's concept art for 10 mins that I actually like it. The only thing I wish was changed was it's feet cause they look like Squidward's nose.:urg:
The look very phallic, yes. But I'm ok with it. It adds to the alien-like design.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Ugh I hate religion vs atheism debates since they always turn ugly so I'm going to avoid reading the last few pages.

Anyway. Back to Pokemon.

I hope Mewzora becomes playable and that we get Zoroark as well. I don't really get why some people think that people who support Zoroark don't actually like or want her in smash since ever since I caught her in Black and White she became quickly one of my favourite Pokemon since I love her illusion gimmick. It's fun to use. :p So I don't mind her in Smash. If she doesn't then oh well. At least there would be Mewzora if he makes it in. :)

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Newtwo/Mewzora should spin around in circles, hitting with the appendage on his head.

D

Deleted member

Lucario>Zoroark for me.

EDIT: I'm not saying I hate or even dislike Zoroark, I just prefer Lucario more
Pretty much.

I'd be neutral about Zoroark getting in tbh and I do agree that he and Lucario can easily co-exist. It's just that I don't really see the point in adding Zoroark now when we're already going to get a newish addition in the form of some form of Mewtwo. Having Lucario being replaced by Zoroark seems especially dumb.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Hey, that down throw was epic looking.
All of Mewtwo's throws were good. The down throw in particular is a good move because it can be used to pin down the opponent and go for the kill with a forward aerial. Due to the low knockback, it can also be used to chain grab characters. The effectiveness varies with the character in question; generally speaking a fast falling character like Falco can tech out of it much better then a slow falling character like Jigglypuff.

D

Deleted member

would you rather this be a new form of mewtwo or a new pokemon
A new Pokemon tbh, because that means he's Mewthree then, which is like a childhood rumor come true. Overall it doesn't really matter though.

All of Mewtwo's throws were good. The down throw in particular is a good move because it can be used to pin down the opponent and go for the kill with a forward aerial. Due to the low knockback, it can also be used to chain grab characters. The effectiveness varies with the character in question; generally speaking a fast falling character like Falco can tech out of it much better then a slow falling character like Jigglypuff.
Mewtwo's main deal was long-range grappling. I really liked the concept, shame he didn't have the tools to make good use of it though.

bobadz

Smash Ace
I'd prefer it to be a new form.

And wasn't Zoroark created to cash in on Lucario's popularity?

D

Deleted member

would you rather this be a new form of mewtwo or a new pokemon
A new form since it makes sense for this "Newtwo" to be a new form of Mewtwo. Plus we should be getting this as a new form anyway since it's been promised we will see a new form in this movie.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Mewtwo's main deal was long-range grappling. I really liked the concept, shame he didn't have the tools to make good use of it though.
Well the thing that ultimately killed Mewtwo is his conflicting attributes. A slow large character who is floaty and light? That's practically begging Marth/Fox/Captain Falcon to jump in and say "Hello I'm going to anal prob you with combos lol". If Mewtwo was faster or heavier, this wouldn't be much of an issue.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
All I know is if MewBuu is playable (look at the picture again, he/she/it's younger), and no one hacks Kid Buu's theme into the game; I will be disappointed.

bobadz

Smash Ace
All I know is that if it's a Pokeball some people will be angry. I remember Deoxys was seen as the prime canadate to represent Gen 3. He had pretty big group of supporters (not as big as Lucario's though) that wanted him in. They were ad when he was announced to be just a Pokeball.

And I hate Bruce Falconer's dbz score. Shunsuke Kikuchi all the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom