• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Discussion Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I don't have anymore to say about the subject, so.

As for Mewtwo, it's looking like a form. I think the innitial hype really got me, but it wouldn't make sense for it to be Mewthree, and have the newest movie be called "Mewtwo's awakening".

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
The point is I don't see Sakurai skipping over a popularly requested character such as Mewtwo (like I said he is probably the number one most wanted character in the world). He will be playable, even if this Mewthree gets in as well, Mewtwo will return.

bobadz

Smash Ace
Ho-boy, thar be a ****storm a brewin....

Yeah, because a mass of angry nerds sure is scary...

Look, even the Anonymous Hacktivists are largely a joke in the large scale of things, and even THEY have way more cred than a bunch of Pokemon fans.

Nintendo will do what Nintendo wants and the fans will still consume. Because that's what fans do.

Also, this IS Mewtwo, sort of, cut form the same cloth, errr Pokemon. It's just improved. It's Mewthree. Mewtwo is old news now.
Japanese Otaku's are scary though.

D

Deleted member

Seriously? We get a new announcement that is either a new Pokemon or a new Mewtwo form and we have to fight over this?

Put this away for awhile at least.

Anyway, can we be absolutely sure that this is a form/evolution/preevolution of Mewtwo? Because the Pokemon we just saw looks awesome and if this is a form/evolution/preevolution, my hype for whoever it is will go through the roof because it would mean that Mewtwo, in a way, will be back.
It could either be:

a) a New form for Mewtwo
b) Mewthree, a new Mew clone made by Plasma or w/e

Whatever the truth is up in the air for now.

Point is, THIS is the starchild for Gen 6. A legendary and it strikes a mean resemblance to Gen 1's mightiest mon.

Either way, we're getting this for Smash I'm sure, and I'm glad. I like the new design.

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
mewnew is definitely shorter, also look at the hands, it has, shorter fingers, and a completely different hand style

Maybe it's a weaker clone of mewtwo (or a stronger, but needs more training), and the awakening is more of a emotional thing,

D

Deleted member

Japanese Otaku's are scary though.
Japanese Otaku don't leave their rooms. They're too busy rubbing one out on their waifu body pillows.

Worst they'll do is ***** on 2ch and 2channel while crying bitter tears in absolute roneriness.

bobadz

Smash Ace
I have not said anything mean. This is a one way fight pretty much. I still think we need far more mods for this place.

This is none of my business, but you did kinda provoke hm

But I will say you at least didn't lose your cool.

D

Deleted member

It could either be:

a) a New form for Mewtwo
b) Mewthree, a new Mew clone made by Plasma or w/e

Whatever the truth is up in the air for now.

Point is, THIS is the starchild for Gen 6. A legendary and it strikes a mean resemblance to Gen 1's mightiest mon.

Either way, we're getting this for Smash I'm sure, and I'm glad. I like the new design.

Pretty much what I asking; if this is a form of Mewtwo or Mewthree. Now I can breathe.

I'm glad that this is shaping up to be Gen's 6 mascot. Far, far more interesting than Zoroark and even more so than Lucario (and it looks as Lucario gets to return as well). Looking to be my most wanted newcomer.

THIS should absolutely show up at E3. Perfect way to getting Mewtwo back in some form while giving us a newcomer to some degree.

D

Deleted member

The point is I don't see Sakurai skipping over a popularly requested character such as Mewtwo (like I said he is probably the number one most wanted character in the world). He will be playable, even if this Mewthree gets in as well, Mewtwo will return.
Mewtwo will get in...

...as an ALT costume of Mewthree, or whatever this is.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
mewnew is definitely shorter, also look at the hands, it has, shorter fingers, and a completely different hand style

Maybe it's a weaker clone of mewtwo (or a stronger, but needs more training), and the awakening is more of a emotional thing,
Well, Frieza's final form was smaller than his previous two forms. Who's to say you won't get something similar with Mewtwo? A transformation doesn't mean it has to be a larger form.

My guess is that it might be like the slide evolution from Digimon Frontier.

bobadz

Smash Ace
Japanese Otaku don't leave their rooms. They're too busy rubbing one out on their waifu body pillows.

Worst they'll do is ***** on 2ch and 2channel while crying bitter tears in absolute roneriness.
Indeed, most they'll do break a cd and make death threats (though death threats are serious)

Mewtwo will get in...

...as an ALT costume of Mewthree, or whatever this is.
More like a transformation.

Both of these are possible.

Blazeth

Smash Apprentice
I say just don't put Zoroark in, put in Genesect, bring back Mewtwo with an alternate form of Mewthree (or perhaps an unlockable better costume) and everyone will be happy.
(Except for Zoroark and Lucario fans, don't know what to say there. :/)

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
So... we got new characters who could potentially work in place of similar older characters... but we don't want the new characters?

No Matthew. It have to be Isaac.
No Isa Jo. It have to be Saki.
No Chrom. It have to be Roy.
No Impa. It have to be Sheik.
No Mewthree. It have to be Mewtwo.

Too many rose colored glasses everywhere.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
Well, Frieza's final form was smaller than his previous two forms. Who's to say you won't get something similar with Mewtwo? A transformation doesn't mean it has to be a larger form.

My guess is that it might be like the slide evolution from Digimon Frontier.

I think it's a form where MewTwo actually has the strongest Sp.Attacker pokemon ever, 200+ basic Sp.atk ? and his physical atk stats becomes lower.

D

Deleted member

I have not said anything mean. This is a one way fight pretty much. I still think we need far more mods for this place.
Chrono, quit acting the victim man, it's not cool.

It takes two to fight, don't pin the whole business on him.

That's all I'm gonna say on that topic tbh.

I couldn't careless about GAF, these forums are full idiots who would just reply on serious threads with stupid comments, damn it's full of idiots...
I agree, GAF is pretty ****ing stupid.

>all dat WiiU hate.

I just wish they'd stay in their ****ty forum and stop ****ting up my /v/. We do a fine job making it a terrible place just by ourselves thank you very much.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
"Mewthree" or whatever will have a decent chance to get in to Smash if and ONLY IF it's a new form for Mewtwo. If it's an expy, then no way in hell it has a better chance than Mewtwo does.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Chrono, quit acting the victim man, it's not cool.

It takes two to fight, don't pin the whole business on him.

That's all I'm gonna say on that topic tbh.
Put up our comments side by side, and make a poll about whose was being ruder and meaner, and Shortie's comments would win hands down. I was trying to be civil, he was throwing bricks at me.

Sometimes when people fight/argue, there is "right" and "wrong".

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
So... we got new characters who could potentially work in place of similar older characters... but we don't want the new characters?

No Matthew. It has to be Isaac.
No Isa Jo. It has to be Saki.
No Chrom. It has to be Roy.
No Impa. It has to be Sheik.
No Mewthree. It has to be Mewtwo.

Fixed!

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Every Smash speculation forum seriously needs an electronic sign that reads "Days Since a New Pokemon Became an SSB4 Shoo-In: 0," just so everyone can stay on top of things as they come and go.

*cough* Deoxys *cough* Blaziken *cough* Victini *cough* Zoroark *cough*

D

Deleted member

Looks more Nostalgia Goggles to me.

There's only ONE Gen 1 Pokemon that was any good, and it ain't Mewtwo.

It's Arcanine

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Put up our comments side by side, and make a poll about whose was being ruder and meaner, and Shortie's comments would win hands down. I was trying to be civil, he was throwing bricks at me.

This "right" and "wrong" is relative though so stop acting like yours is the ultimate "right." Plus if you added a "both are wrong" option, I'm sure that would dominate.

Shortie just did what you should have done.

He backed away. Forgive and forget. Now let's ALL do this.

I really wanna see some alt colors for this now. Anyone wanna take a crack at it?

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307

The opposite is true for many people. Too many people like to toss out the chances of older characters because there's a similar "new" character. Often times, the older character is more popular or important to their series the new one is.

bobadz

Smash Ace
I agree, GAF is pretty ****ing stupid.

>all dat WiiU hate.

I just wish they'd stay in their ****ty forum and stop ****ting up my /v/. We do a fine job making it a terrible place just by ourselves thank you very much.
I swear when ever Iwata does something they complain.

Ugh.

Also at least /v/ is funny at times.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
The opposite is true for many people. Too many people like to toss out the chances of older characters because there's a similar "new" character. Often times, the older character is more popular or important to their series the new one is.
My man.

D

Deleted member

Sometimes there are two wrongs.

Ergo the Cold War.

Anyway, putting both strings of posts side by side means **** if there is no context or background. Anything can be made to look favorable to one side or another if presented the right way.

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
I say cut lucario and jigglypuff (not that it will happen) add mew, mewtwo, and mewnew

if it's a form cut lucario add mew and mewtwo

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The First and Second generation of Pokemon were developed simultaneously, that's why they look homogenous.
This is only true for about half of the Gen II pokemon.

Lucario is a better suited for a fighting game than MewTwo....
They've both been in one and they can both coexist. Stop acting like Mewtwo is a threat to Lucario.

D

Deleted member

No the older design is more 'popular' because the older fans can't let go of MUH CHILDHOOD.

The new designs are just fine, this is no Nuts and Bolts so people shouldn't complain.

Also, everyone knows Chrom is much better than Roy...

...wait for it...

EDIT: That was for the Lyn comment Chrono.

- I would post a winkyface but that's N3ON's gig.

@manly design wise it goes
imo
Pokemon design-wise?
Nah, Gen 2 had WAYYYY too many Baby Pokemon.

Imo, it goes:

3>1>5>>2>>>>>>>>>>>>>4(barring Infarnape and a couple others).

Gen 5 had awesome designs, I don't see why people complain. 3 was the best design-wise, Sharpedo, Absol, Tropious, Swapert, Blazinken, Treeko, Mightyena, Rayquaza, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom