• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Discussion Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just realized. XY uses DNA strands and Mewtwo is going to have a role in it..

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Your FACE looks like freaking slime. :troll:

Alright lets clarify some things.

IF this is a form for Mewtwo. Mewtwo is a shoe in.

IF this is not a form for Mewtwo and is instead some new pokemon, we may never figure out who will get in.

Thoughts?
Just make an IC duo team and call it a day :troll:
They can easily be interchangeable ALT costumes, seeing how their designs are pretty similar. I'd be happy with either one. I would lean more towards Mew3 to get people to shut up about wanting a gen 6 rep.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
You know, what if say, Mew3XY and Chrom would get in before Mewtwo and Roy. Would that make people less pissed about Impa replacing Sheik? Cause as far as I can tell, Mewtwo and Roy -while absent in Brawl- are more popular than Sheik currently is.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The difference is, Pokemon B2/W2 could never include new pokemons only new forms while Pokemon X/Y it's expected for us to have new Pokemons....
It's not like it's impossible to have a new form.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Female Mewtwo? Mewtwo's sister confirmed!!1!11

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Well at least we have a date for when we'll finally know whether it's a new form or Pokemon. Could also get Corocoro next week where it'll explain everything with the official trailer a couple days later. Anyway for now, new Pokemon or form I still think it's down to:

Pikachu
PT Red
Jigglypuff
Lucario
Mewtwo

Is more like a less arguable version of the Saki/Isa or Issac/Matthew question, either way I'm out for now.

bobadz

Smash Ace
I still think it's a Mewtwo forme based on the fact Mewtwo's new movie is called Mewtwo's re awakening.

D

Deleted member

It SHOULD have been. The bison also SHOULD have been Tauros evo
The Bison should NOT have been a Tauros Evo.

Tauros is a bull. Just a general bull.

AfroBison is **** awesome. And it works as a new Pokemon simply by being a different animal special all together. Also, Gen 5 is set in the States, and The Great Plains are notorious for the American Bison, and Water Buffalo. It's like saying American Eagle should have been a Fearow evolution or something...

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Why are new characters with similarities to older characters so often disregarded?

Prime examples: Mew3XY, Chrom, Lucina and Impa.

I feel each of these would make good additions. Sure, Chrom and Lucina would mean no Roy, and perhaps even Ike would be a lucky additon if both make it, and Mew3XY and Impa would likely mean no Mewtwo and Sheik. But how bad is that in the end? We all accepted the fact that Young Link got replaced with Toon Link. So why would all these things be so bad now?

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Like I said in the other thread, I don't know how I feel about this. I don't want it as the playable character. I think this truly cements Mewtwo in as the Pokemon character for SSB4.

Hopefully this new form (unless it's entirely different) can just be the final smash.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

AfroBison is **** awesome. And it works as a new Pokemon simply by being a different animal special all together. Also, Gen 5 is set in the States, and The Great Plains are notorious for the American Bison, and Water Buffalo. It's like saying American Eagle should have been a Fearow evolution or something...
Yeah because fish turning to octopuss is more realistic than bull to bison

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
Why are new characters with similarities to older characters so often disregarded?

I feel each of these would make good additions. Sure, Chrom and Lucina would mean no Roy, and perhaps even Ike would be a lucky additon if both make it, and Mew3XY and Impa would likely mean no Mewtwo and Sheik. But how bad is that in the end? We all accepted the fact that Young Link got replaced with Toon Link. So why would all these things be so bad now?
Well the people you find on these forums are hardcore fans. Our group will always be the first to get mad when something in the series changes, good or bad.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Or ever since Rhyperior, rhinos turning into big fat moles?

D

Deleted member

Like I said in the other thread, I don't know how I feel about this. I don't want it as the playable character. I think this truly cements Mewtwo in as the Pokemon character for SSB4.

Hopefully this new form (unless it's entirely different) can just be the final smash.
I want it as a playable, this new thing ****s all over Mewtwo design-wise. It's MUCH more creative imo.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I want both this and Mewtwo to be honest.

Please be a form! That way we can get both!

bobadz

Smash Ace

i don't think Chrom and Mew3XY are disregarded. Lucina is too similar to Marth, and Impa doesnt have a lot of support.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Remember when we all where posting Mewtwo pictures and stuff a few days back? Looking back, it's weirdly scary.

Anyways, Mewtwo will be discussed a lot more when we speak of Pokemon. And I like that.

D

Deleted member

Yeah because fish turning to octo**** is more realistic than bull to bison
Yes it is actually. I can't remember the species, but there is a species of Octupus that begin as a "fish-like" mollusk.

Pokemon always draws reference from real life.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
Right, let's get this sorted out a bit here. There seems to be some confusion going around. I'll just lay down some facts and we'll go from there

Fact the first: This Pokémon REPLACES standard Mewtwo on the poster for the movie Extremespeed Genesect: <b>Mewtwo</b> Awakens. This indicates that it is likely to be Mewtwo. This is further confirmed by the official Japanese site promising the new trailer on April 18th featuring Mewtwo and Newtwo, where it says secrets shall be revealed

The official sites say that it's a new Pokémon. This has occurred before, most recently with the reveal of Black & White Kyurem where Smash, and Junichi Masuda, labelled them as new Pokémon. This become a point for discussion for a while until we managed to get the artwork from press sites seen to be labelled as 646_black and 646_white.

This to me at least indicates that it's a new form. However, who knows, it could be some new variation introduced in XY

It's all moot anyway, we'll find out next week
From Serebii himself.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388

Actually, I didn't want Tauros to evolve into Bouffalant as well. When I was younger, I always drew the evolve form of Tauros like some sort of bipedal minotaur (but it runs on all fours). Yeah, the drawing is pretty bad, but I always thought the concept was pretty cool...

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yes it is actually. I can't remember the species, but there is a species of Octupus that begin as a "fish-like" mollusk.

Pokemon always draws reference from real life.
Not remoras.

The bison would not suck if it was an evo

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I want both this and Mewtwo to be honest.

Please be a form! That way we can get both!
I agree, I want both him and Mewtwo playable too. If they are a transformation, they can pull a Samus/Zamus and we can get both in the game. But if their seperate Pokemon I don't really know if I can feel confident that both will become playable. :/

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Speaking of Pokémon and evolutions, I never really quite got what Ampharos was supposed to be. Sure, I loved the thing back in Gold, but still. It doesn't look like a sheep at all.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Well, that does it, folks. Because he's now the second most-wanted character in the U.S., the most wanted character in Japan, a top 5 most popular Pokemon, and the recipient of much backlash due to his exclusion from Brawl, Mewthree is now a shoo-in for SSB4. Form or no form, he's RELEVANT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom