• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Discussion Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Alright people.

IF this is a new pokemon, who will be playable? This guy or Mewtwo?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Sakurai: Cause you all missed Mewtwo in Brawl, we decided to include both Mewtwo and it's new form! [laughs]

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I saw this news on Reddit before I came here for the evening and knew in a heartbeat Mewthree would be accepted as an inevitability. Let me be clear that I'm not much of a Mewtwo supporter, but I think it's silly to think he's suddenly an impossibility and everything he has going for him is worthless, just because this guy now exists. Whoever said this is an Isaac-Matthew scenario hit the nail right on the head.

Even if you want to play the whole 'relevance' card, Mewtwo is just as much in the spotlight with his movie.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I saw this news on Reddit before I came here for the evening and knew in a heartbeat Mewthree would be accepted as an inevitability. Let me be clear that I'm not much of a Mewtwo supporter, but I think it's silly to think he's suddenly an impossibility and everything he has going for him is worthless, just because this guy now exists. Whoever said this is an Isaac-Matthew scenario hit the nail right on the head.

Even if you want to play the whole 'relevance' card, Mewtwo is just as much in the spotlight with his movie.
I don't think Mewzora would threaten Mewtwo's chances much at all just so long as he is his alternate form. Then they can pretty much both be playable in smash. Just so long as they confirm that he is Mewtwo's alternate form there is little we have to worry about in my opinion.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Whether Mewthree is a form or not is entirely insignificant. Being a form wouldn't necessarily stop Sakurai from pulling a Wario and saying "Many fans were clamoring for Mewtwo, so here he is...in his Mewthree form!" Being a separate character doesn't skyrocket his chances either, since Mewtwo is far and away the fan's choice. This would be the equivalent of the next Metroid game featuring a new form for Ridley and everyone declaring it a lock (which, actually, I've seen for Omega Ridley in a few depraved pockets of the Internet).

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Whether Mewthree is a form or not is entirely insignificant. Being a form wouldn't necessarily stop Sakurai from pulling a Wario and saying "Many fans were clamoring for Mewtwo, so here he is...in his Mewthree form!" Being a separate character doesn't skyrocket his chances either, since Mewtwo is far and away the fan's choice. This would be the equivalent of the next Metroid game featuring a new form for Ridley and everyone declaring it a lock (which, actually, I've seen for Omega Ridley in a few depraved pockets of the Internet).
But Wario was still also playable in his classic Overall's. Now this form may not work as an alternate costume. But he can easily work as a transformation for Mewtwo. Such as a final smash like Giga Bowser and Wario Man or better yet in terms of generation representation, like Zero Suit Samus. That way we can have both playable with no problem. People who want to play as the old Mewtwo can still play as him and those who want to kick butt in his new form can do so too.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
That's what I'm saying, it could very well be a new Pokemon. People shouldn't jump to conclusions. IF this is a new Pokemon, you can consider Mewtwo gone from Smash 4.
Even if this is an entirely new Pokemon. Mewtwo is still far, far more likely than your Lyn will ever be for Smash 4. :troll:

The fact is that Mewtwo is Number 1 most wanted character for Smash 4. Number 1. No one is more wanted than him in Japan, and only Mega Man is more wanted than him in the West.

Mewtwo is still getting a lot of screentime with the new movie, and Sakurai has solid instincts in general. Worse comes to worse, I could see Mewtwo simply "transforming" into this Mewzora form in Smash 4.

The Japanese fanbase will riot if that don't get their single most wanted character.

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Well guys remember this guy ?

everyone was so damn sure that it's the Luvdisk evo but in the end it turned out to be a new pokemon....
To be fair, I wouldn't be surprised if that was originally planned to be a Luvdisk Evo early in the development stage of Gen V.
The idea was probably cancelled after they decided to have a regional Pokedex with only new Pokemon in Black and White.
That's just clueless speculation on my part of course; I just find the two designs to be far too similar for it to have been a coincidence.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Samus/ZSS transformation anyone?

Regardless we need to learn HOW it can change forms in the pokemon games (assuming it is a new form) before we can figure out it can apply to smash.

If this is Down B, hey, no more terrible Disable!

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Even if this is an entirely new Pokemon. Mewtwo is still far, far more likely than your Lyn will ever be for Smash 4.

THIS. THIS.

You're no victim, so stop acting like one, and you always ask for it.

The Japanese fanbase will riot if that don't get their single most wanted character.
No they won't.. It will be a "damnit!" situation like it was when he was cut from Brawl.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
THIS. THIS.

You're no victim, so stop acting like one, and you always ask for it..
He had a trollface there which you conveniently took out of the quote. He is obviously joking. Unlike some of the comments directed at him.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
He had a trollface there which you conveniently took out of the quote. He is obviously joking. Unlike some of the comments directed at him.
Shortie just has a permanent beef with me because I don't like Krystal. I really don't direct anything at him, yet he is bitter at me.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Shortie just has a permanent beef with me because I don't like Krystal. I really don't direct anything at him, yet he is bitter at me.
Okay. Now you really ARE asking for it.

Think about how that sounded dude. You're trying to get back at him and that will only make the situation worse.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Okay. Now you really ARE asking for it.

Think about how that sounded dude. You're trying to get back at him and that will only make the situation worse.
I am just explaining to the rest of the people in this thread why he acts mean to me.

D

Deleted member

Seriously? We get a new announcement that is either a new Pokemon or a new Mewtwo form and we have to fight over this?

Put this away for awhile at least.

Anyway, can we be absolutely sure that this is a form/evolution/preevolution of Mewtwo? Because the Pokemon we just saw looks awesome and if this is a form/evolution/preevolution, my hype for whoever it is will go through the roof because it would mean that Mewtwo, in a way, will be back.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I still fully expect this to be a new form. Have no idea how it's going to work, but considering the whole premise of the next movie is Mewtwo's Awakening, and X and Y is genetics; it makes sense. I think Game Freak is just trying to create drama for the sake of it. Coro Coro will probably shed some light on the matter in the next week.

Some on NeoGAF believe MewBuu is a combination of Genesect and Mewtwo's modified DNA material.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704

No. Trollfaces don't negate everything. He's asking for it, and just recently cried about being bullied. I have beef with Chrono, because of how he acts, not because he doesn't like a character that I do like. Do you think I REALLY care that you don't like Krystal? REALLY?

No. I don't like how hypocritical you are for a 24 year old. And if you don't like what I'm saying, allow me to direct you to the report button located below this post.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I still fully expect this to be a new form. Have no idea how it's going to work, but considering the whole premise of the next movie is Mewtwo's Awakening, and X and Y is genetics; it makes sense. I think Game Freak is just trying to create drama for the sake of it. Coro Coro will probably shed some light on the matter in the next week.

Some on NeoGAF believe MewBuu is a combination of Genesect and Mewtwo's modified DNA material.
I think it may be an alternate form due to Mewtwo talking about how his true power has yet to be realized.

D

Deleted member

Some on NeoGAF believe MewBuu is a combination of Genesect and Mewtwo's DNA material.
I'm leaning towards this being a new form as well. They promised that Mewtwo would get a new form in this movie and I think what we get is a new form. They might change the name for it (like they did with Kyurem), but I think this works better as a new form than a new Pokemon. But even if it is a new Pokemon, still awesome and should be in.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I can buy into that. I'm soooo glad that Mew3/ MajinTwo/ MewBuu was revealed. Anything to deter from Genesect support..

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
No. Trollfaces don't negate everything. He's asking for it, and just recently cried about being bullied. I have beef with Chrono, because of how he acts, not because he doesn't like a character that I do like. Do you think I REALLY care that you don't like Krystal? REALLY?
There are plenty of other obnoxious people in this thread. Why do single me out?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

He looks nothing like Genesect

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
There are plenty of other obnoxious people in this thread. Why do single me out?
Because you ***** about it, like a child. And you take such OFFENSE over a character. It's like, someone says Roy is going to be a clone, and won't be interesting or heaven forbid we discuss an alternative Fire Emblem character, you **** bricks and act like we're attacking you personally. THEN, out of no where you do the EXACT THING you cried about others doing. Really, you can't act like that and not expect people to be annoyed with you.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Plot wise I'm going to guess it'll have to do with Mewtwo leaving his cloning tank early before he fully developed. If it's a stronger form of Mewtwo, it's just way too perfect for it not to be it's Final Smash. All I know is that Mewtwo is a nearly sure fire thing for Smash 4 now, Lucario too after watching that live stream.

Corocoro will be out later this week, so it would make sense to reveal it then and then to show if off in action a few days later with the trailer announced for the 18th.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Because you ***** about it, like a child. And you take such OFFENSE over a character. It's like, someone says Roy is going to be a clone, and won't be interesting or heaven forbid we discuss an alternative Fire Emblem character, you **** bricks and act like we're attacking you personally. THEN, out of no where you do the EXACT THING you cried about others doing. Really, you can't act like that and not expect people to be annoyed with you.
Nice flanderization there. I could put up similar hyperboles about other posters here. Its pretty much only you, Kuma, Manly, and Habanero who don't like me. Everyone else in this thread is cool with me.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Chrono....

Shortie...

Just kiss each other already. :troll:

(This is getting ridiculous guys, you BOTH have a grudge that you BOTH refuse to forget. You both have some growing up to do.)

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Chrono....

Shortie...

Just kiss each other already.

(This is getting ridiculous guys, you BOTH have a grudge that you BOTH refuse to forget. You both got some growing up to do.)
I have not said any mean words to Shortie, so I don't see how this thing is my fault.

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
Guys make like a freeze ray and chill
looking at mewtwo, he has purple eyes, the different form had red eyes,
can somebody repost mewnew

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Chrono....

Shortie...

Just kiss each other already.

(This is getting ridiculous guys, you BOTH have a grudge that you BOTH refuse to forget. You both got some growing up to do.)
You really don't know what you're talking about. You joined four months ago. The nicest way I can say this would be: stay out of it

Nice flanderization there. I could put up similar hyperboles about other posters here. Its pretty much only you, Kuma, Manly, and Habanero who don't like me. Everyone else in this thread is cool with me.
To your face.

bobadz

Smash Ace
Again ignoring the catfight going on in this thread.

Plot wise I'm going to guess it'll have to do with Mewtwo leaving his cloning tank early before he fully developed. If it's a stronger form of Mewtwo, it's just way too perfect for it not to be it's Final Smash. All I know is that Mewtwo is a nearly sure fire thing for Smash 4 now, Lucario too after watching that live stream.

Corocoro will be out later this week, so it would make sense to reveal it then and then to show if off in action a few days later with the trailer announced for the 18th.
Agreed. I think this will be Mewtwo's final smash.

D

Deleted member

Ho-boy, thar be a ****storm a brewin....

Even if this is an entirely new Pokemon. Mewtwo is still far, far more likely than your Lyn will ever be for Smash 4. :troll:

The fact is that Mewtwo is Number 1 most wanted character for Smash 4. Number 1. No one is more wanted than him in Japan, and only Mega Man is more wanted than him in the West.

Mewtwo is still getting a lot of screentime with the new movie, and Sakurai has solid instincts in general. Worse comes to worse, I could see Mewtwo simply "transforming" into this Mewzora form in Smash 4.

Yeah, because a mass of angry nerds sure is scary...

Look, even the Anonymous Hacktivists are largely a joke in the large scale of things, and even THEY have way more cred than a bunch of Pokemon fans.

Nintendo will do what Nintendo wants and the fans will still consume. Because that's what fans do.

Also, this IS Mewtwo, sort of, cut form the same cloth, errr Pokemon. It's just improved. It's Mewthree. Mewtwo is old news now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom