• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Discussion Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Actually now that I look again at the US page. When you read the last part. They emphasize how this new Pokemon bears a "curious resemblance" to Mewtwo. Maybe the bit with Mew was them recapping Mewtwo's story and now another chapter starts where we learn more of him.

It may not be true in the end but I don't think the theory that Mewtwo is actually mistakenly cloned from this guy is quite untrue yet. Maybe? I don't know... :/

D

Deleted member

So /vp/ is saying this ain't Mewtwo.

http://boards.4chan.org/vp/res/11905137#p11906532

The box underneath Newtwo makes it pretty clear that it's not Mewtwo. Click the arrow, and read the story.

>It is suspected that the newly discovered Pokemon has some sort of connection with the Legendary Mewtwo--a powerful Pokemon that first appeared in Pokemon Red and Blue Versions.

>To find this powerful and mysterious Pokemon in Pokemon Red and Blue Versions, you must first enter the Hall of Fame, them travel deep into Cerulean Cave. At the time of its discovery, Mewtwo reigned as the most powerful Pokemon that could be found!

>Mewtwo was created by engineering the genes of another powerful Pokemon, the Mythical Mew. The aim was to creat a Pokemon that would be mightier in battle than any other!

>As recently as Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver Versions, you could capture Mewtwo in Cerulean Cave, just as you could in Pokemon Red and Blue Versions. The power of Mewtwo stands the test of time--it is still considered one of the strongest Pokemon ever discovered!

>Now, a newly discovered Pokemon appears in Pokemon X and Y--a Pokemon that bears a curious resemblance to the Legendary Pokemon Mewtwo!

Yep. Not Mewtwo.

bobadz

Smash Ace
Someone at Serebii stated that White and Black Kyurem were marketed as new Pokemon, even though they're new formes, meaning that this Mewtwo could just be a new forme or Mewthree. '_'

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So /vp/ is saying this ain't Mewtwo.

http://boards.4chan.org/vp/res/11905137#p11906532

The box underneath Newtwo makes it pretty clear that it's not Mewtwo. Click the arrow, and read the story.

>It is suspected that the newly discovered Pokemon has some sort of connection with the Legendary Mewtwo--a powerful Pokemon that first appeared in Pokemon Red and Blue Versions.

>To find this powerful and mysterious Pokemon in Pokemon Red and Blue Versions, you must first enter the Hall of Fame, them travel deep into Cerulean Cave. At the time of its discovery, Mewtwo reigned as the most powerful Pokemon that could be found!

>Mewtwo was created by engineering the genes of another powerful Pokemon, the Mythical Mew. The aim was to creat a Pokemon that would be mightier in battle than any other!

>As recently as Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver Versions, you could capture Mewtwo in Cerulean Cave, just as you could in Pokemon Red and Blue Versions. The power of Mewtwo stands the test of time--it is still considered one of the strongest Pokemon ever discovered!

>Now, a newly discovered Pokemon appears in Pokemon X and Y--a Pokemon that bears a curious resemblance to the Legendary Pokemon Mewtwo!

Yep. Not Mewtwo.
It's just using vague wording to keep it ambiguous. The movie will show what he really is

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The suspense is killing me.

This is worse then when we didn't know if it was real!

When does the movie come out?

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Japan is officially on drugs with those commercials. And what was with the random white kid in that fish egg commercial?
ええええ!たまごです!
I fell out of my seat laughing when the white kid came out. I need to see that commercial again.
I guess this could be a nice compromise between people who want mewtwo and people who want a 6th gen pokemon.
I don't think the Pokemon people did this thinking about Smash but it can be seen as a compromise by the overspeculative fans ah'spose.

D

Deleted member

It's just using vague wording to keep it ambiguous. The movie will show what he really is
That's what I'm saying, it could very well be a new Pokemon. People shouldn't jump to conclusions. IF this is a new Pokemon, you can consider Mewtwo gone from Smash 4.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It's funny people are disappointed this was the big reveal. They wouldn't act like this if it hadn't been leaked.

This IS a big reveal. They are just spoiled

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
We can't say who's more important at the moment. It all depends upon who plays a larger role in the movie.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
If this is a new Pokemon or Mewthree or whatever, then hate to say it as Mewtwo is my most wanted Smash character, I agree with Manly

He ain't coming back

Oh well, I still have Roy and the newcomers to look forward to

And whatever this Pokemon is too

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well guys remember this guy ?

everyone was so damn sure that it's the Luvdisk evo but in the end it turned out to be a new pokemon....
It SHOULD have been. The bison also SHOULD have been Tauros evo

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
If this is a new Pokemon or Mewthree or whatever, then hate to say it as Mewtwo was my most wanted Smash character, I agree with Manly

He ain't coming back

Oh well, I still have Roy and the newcomers to look forward to

And whatever this Pokemon is too
Like it has been mentioned before. Seeing how they are so similar in design. Either one can be an ALT costume for one another

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Roy was never that likely to be frank. But at least Mewtwo will have a propper replacement.

So, which brings in THE QUESTION OF THE UNIVERSE yet again :

Why can Mewtwo get a spiritual succesor and not Sheik?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Roy was never that likely to be frank. But at least Mewtwo will have a propper replacement.

So, which brings in THE QUESTION OF THE UNIVERSE yet again :

Why can Mewtwo get a spiritual succesor and not Sheik?
Don't count out Mewtwo yet.

D

Deleted member

So basically, we don't know if we're getting a new Pokemon or Mewtwo?

We'll have to see. If this is new, crossing my fingers for both.

At least I can be confident in Lucario returning.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
The suspense is killing me.

This is worse then when we didn't know if it was real!

When does the movie come out?
This is from Serebii:
This Pokémon, and Mewtwo's original self are to appear in a new trailer for Extremespeed Genesect: Mewtwo Awakens on April 18th, with the secrets to unlocking the mystery within. Do note that the official sites are stating it's a new Pokémon...

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
If it's it's own thing, I honestly don't see how this would effect Mewtwo himself. Funny thing is, everyone was saying the same thing when Chrom was revealed about Roy. Also, so much for closure....

That's right I might turn into another Chrono. ;) :troll:

@Moon Monkey: Best to use the entire quote:

This Pokémon, and Mewtwo's original self are to appear in a new trailer for Extremespeed Genesect: Mewtwo Awakens on April 18th, with the secrets to unlocking the mystery within. Do note that the official sites are stating it's a new Pokémon, but that has happened in the past.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Serebii also said they have said a pokemon was new when it was something like a form change before

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
If Mewtwo itself is still prominent in X/Y itself, sure I can picture old Mewtwo in before Mewthree / Mew3XY. But as it currently looks, I see Mewthree / Mew3XY and Chrom as more likely than Mewtwo and Roy.

New generation taking over?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
To be honest the design looks horrendous and unimaginative....those toes looks like freaking slime.
Your FACE looks like freaking slime. :troll:

Alright lets clarify some things.

IF this is a form for Mewtwo. Mewtwo is a shoe in.

IF this is not a form for Mewtwo and is instead some new pokemon, we may never figure out who will get in.

Thoughts?

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
He looks like some kind of alien. Which is ironic since my sister always refers to Mewtwo as looking like an alien and since they resemble Giegue/Giygas...

I can't wait to hear more about Mewzora. They should both be playable in smash 4. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom