• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Discussion Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Frost: Oh boy, that'd be just fun. Maybe there could be commentary, but usually that turns out to be annoying (looking at Sonic & Sega All Star Racing). Hades would be danging funny (and mute Luigi's name if he's chosen. )

Though in Dream World TV Fighters there was Mr.Meanie from Bomberman with some woman being the narrators and hosts so I'd like to see something like that.

Anna and Rover would load up the game for you incase it's very long and prompt some other time-taking choices (online matches, etc?)

Sound Test would have Barbara, Drum Samurai (Rhythm Tengoku), Tempo and other music-based characters hosting the place.

Cranky would host the trophy section, giving all kinds of stupid remarks on many things around it. Throw in Hubba and hilariousness is set to the brim.

I want to think more of these, but out of ideas now.

D

Deleted member

I think Anna is by far the best choice for a female FE character. All the other possible choices (Lyn, Micaiah, Lucina) all have much better choices from their own arcs.

Also, on Ashley.

Sakurai: I heard some people like Ashley. It seems they primarily like her cause she is a loli and because she could use magic. Well why didn't you guys say you wanted a character like that. I think I have a character that would scratch that itch without me breaking a sweat. Its a character concept I actually had left over from Brawl. I am sure you guys will love Toon Zelda. :troll:
Hey, it's your roster man.

Ashley would still be awesome, if we're gonna classify them as "the loli characters" Ashley>>>>>>>>Toon Zelda. I hate tsunderes.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Oh yeah that's true. We are going to hear about the new pokemon this weekend. I wonder what pokemon is going to be revealed. I hope it's Mewzora. :troll:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Frost: Oh boy, that'd be just fun. Maybe there could be commentary, but usually that turns out to be annoying (looking at Sonic & Sega All Star Racing). Hades would be danging funny (and mute Luigi's name if he's chosen. )
And say Pitty Pat for Pit. XD

All your ideas look fun. Oh, and you forgot K.K. Slider for the Sound Test.

Hades commenting the trophies and giving his silly nicknames to everyone would be awfully fun, by the way.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
There are numerous Anna's in the Fire Emblem universe. Besides the trickster Anna that is recruitable in FE13, there is an Anna that wields lances and the Aether skill that is the final boss in the DLC Chapter entitled, The Strongest One's Name
Anna is Oasis's mom confirmed. :troll:
Now she's REALLY cool.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Fanservice? Sure, watch as they add swimsu-- oh wait, this is that other fanservice. Good enough.
Avoid the fudonshi and we should be good to go. I picture Mario and Luigi wearing those 1920's swimsuits.

Kuma's idea of other characters as announcer sounds fun in my opinion. Or maybe character-themed menus, even for non-playable Nintendo characters?
Character themed menus would be an even cooler thing. Make them unlockables and that'll add some fun for the single players. If we're going to have that though, along with the whole Smash Tunes thing, we need to be able to change the song in the menus.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Ashley would still be awesome, if we're gonna classify them as "the loli characters" Ashley>>>>>>>>Toon Zelda. I hate tsunderes.
Sakurai: Plenty of other characters can be both a loli and a magic user. But only one can bring t3h b00gi3. :troll:

I googled "tsundere", and Toon Zelda was certainly not like that in Spirit Tracks.

I still think Jimmy T. would be possibly the best choice for a second Wario character, just due to how hilarious his moveset would be. I think 9-Volt (a whole bunch of various Nintendo references, like for example, using the Ultra Hand as his grab) or Mona would be good choices too.

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
Anyone who says Grima is too big for smash is stupid, don't listen to them. [collapse="Grima promotional artwork"]

[/collapse]

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
And say Pitty Pat for Pit. XD

All your ideas look fun. Oh, and you forgot K.K. Slider for the Sound Test.

Hades commenting the trophies and giving his silly nicknames to everyone would be awfully fun, by the way.
I'd die laughing if that was implemented.

There needs to be Hubba Tester for Trophies, BTW. I'd die laughing if Helirin had onesided love against Viridi while she loves Helirin's lifestyle.

Avoid the fudonshi and we should be good to go. I picture Mario and Luigi wearing those 1920's swimsuits.

Character themed menus would be an even cooler thing. Make them unlockables and that'll add some fun for the single players. If we're going to have that though, along with the whole Smash Tunes thing, we need to be able to change the song in the menus.
Huum, would fanservice work in SSB? Like, that kind of fanservice. (-l.l-)

I guess that'd make Lyn even more likely. :troll:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Hey, it's your roster man.

Wait, when was Toon Zelda a tsundere? *looks up definition* Oh you mean when she was Tetra in Wind Waker? Well she turned nicer when she became Zelda in that game. :/

And in regard to Wario Ware reps. I just think they'd be quite the funny additions, especially Jimmy T with a dancing based moveset. Mona would also be interesting. Ashley has her magic and Kat & Ana can work like the ice climbers and fight together.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I'll just check Tumblr for updates on that new Pokemon. People will just reblog it like a falling domino row right in my face.

Jimmy T. Menu should be added: every Smash Fighter gets an afro and everything has been replaced by Jimmys face and sayings. Also disco lights and music everywhere.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I just noticed that Jimmy T. has the same grin, sunglasses, and hand pose (with even the sparkle) as Oasis's old avatar. Looks like we found Oasis's daddy as well. :troll:

D

Deleted member

Sakurai: Plenty of other characters can be both a loli and a magic user. But only one can bring t3h b00gi3. :troll:

I googled "tsundere", and Toon Zelda was certainly not like that in Spirit Tracks.

I still think Jimmy T. would be possibly the best choice for a second Wario character, just due to how hilarious his moveset would be. I think 9-Volt (a whole bunch of various Nintendo references, like for example, using the Ultra Hand as his grab) or Mona would be good choices too.
Yeah, she was your generic childhood friend in ST. She certainly has a knack of treading beaten cliches. The only good characterizations of Zelda have been TP and SS imo. In fact, Zelda so far seems to be the ONLY good thing about SS. Oh, on the 'tsundere' I was referring to WW/PH Zelda, Tetra Zelda.

Anyway, Jimmy T. would also be cool. Anyone who pays homage to Michael Jackson is cool in my book. How about we just get both instead? Warioware has a ton of cool characters tbh.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
What I think will end up happening is that they all appear in a wario ware stage.
...or end up as assist trophies.

It seems hard to justify one or two being a character while you leave the rest behind in the dust.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I just noticed that Jimmy T. has the same grin, sunglasses, and hand pose (with even the sparkle) as Oasis's old avatar. Looks like we found Oasis's daddy as well. :troll:
DON'T TALK ABOUT MY FATHER.

I HATE DANCING.

AND MY MOTHER SOLD ME AT SOME SHOP WHEN I WAS A BABY.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Jimmy T. Menu should be added: every Smash Fighter gets an afro and everything has been replaced by Jimmys face and sayings. Also disco lights and music everywhere.
lmao

How would Falcon have an afro with that helmet on though lol unless you glue an afro wig on his helmet or something

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom