• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Discussion Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
DON'T TALK ABOUT MY FATHER.

I HATE DANCING.

AND MY MOTHER SOLD ME AT SOME SHOP WHEN I WAS A BABY.
If you were a baby, how can you remember any of this?

D

Deleted member

And now this thread hit the mark of going so off-topic, GameFAQs has nothing on us at this point...

I need some brainbleach.
Here:

I have the first volume, I'll lend it to you if you'd like. It doesn't get good till the Soul Society Arc though...

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Here:

I have the first volume, I'll lend it to you if you'd like. It doesn't get good till the Soul Society Arc though...
Is that Oasis's favorite manga? :troll:

This place is only going to get even more ****ty after E3 with the flood of users, both old and new.
Ikr
That's a good reason the Social Groups should return.

D

Deleted member

Falkoopa:

Manly: they have it in a book-form? That's... new.

Also did you give me that because you drew me based on Tite Kubo's works?
No I gave it to you because the opportunity was too good for a bad joke.

Anyway, I changed the style on your character so you're no longer Kubotastic.

D

Deleted member

Is that Oasis's favorite manga? :troll:
No, this is:

1. Naruto is a gateway anime of the worst kind. It's a bad series, a cluster**** of story and characterization that isn't very well done by any aspect, but which attempts to compensate for its weaknesses by adding in excessive shipping ******ry and DARKNESS. The normal anon can see this as the **** it is, and may enjoy it, hate it or be indifferent to it, but all the while recognizing that the series itself, regardless of their opinion, is plain bad.
  2. However, these very aspects that try to smear over the **** of its core make it a breeding ground for aspie, unsociable underageb& ******s who engage in every kind of ******ry both online and in the real world. The superpowered characters all trying their hardest to look cool, the jutsus, peculiar, colorful clothes, the whole ninja ******ry and everything about the Naruto world fuels their escapist fantasies, while the pity-party character backgrounds, emphasis on revenge, and overall preachiness of the series make it fit just right with the mary-sueish drives of your average preteen and his sense of unwarranted self-importance towards the world. Exactly the kind of **** that makes little kiddies and underageb& ******* eat this **** right the **** up.
  3. Naruto is basically THE series to attract the most hated anime fanbase known to /a/, which is why, regardless of individual opinions, it is the responsibility of every anon to troll the **** out of this show and everyone who likes it, and ensure that no Naruto threads ever encourage the newfriends to show their faces here.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Manly: I'm not Kubotastic anymore?

Curious what's planned there for me. Hope it's not something cuteseish, I liked myself as this "pretty boy".

Falkoopa: I see what you did there.

D

Deleted member

Manly: I'm not Kubotastic anymore?

Curious what's planned there for me. Hope it's not something cuteseish, I liked myself as this "pretty boy".
Ahh, really? Ok. then I'll blend both styles then, sounds better as I liked the old design better.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
That's a good reason the Social Groups should return.
If the old ones were deleted I'll get back to work on starting up a newer one. Not sure what they mean by assigning mods but I've already got some people around here picked out in my mind and or if it's actual mods on the main site then Mario_Sonic.

Hardest part though will be remembering who to send invites to, in the past few months the activity around here has skyrocketed due to new users.

1. Naruto is a gateway anime of the worst kind. It's a bad series, a cluster**** of story and characterization that isn't very well done by any aspect, but which attempts to compensate for its weaknesses by adding in excessive shipping ******ry and DARKNESS. The normal anon can see this as the **** it is, and may enjoy it, hate it or be indifferent to it, but all the while recognizing that the series itself, regardless of their opinion, is plain bad.
  2. However, these very aspects that try to smear over the **** of its core make it a breeding ground for aspie, unsociable underageb& ******s who engage in every kind of ******ry both online and in the real world. The superpowered characters all trying their hardest to look cool, the jutsus, peculiar, colorful clothes, the whole ninja ******ry and everything about the Naruto world fuels their escapist fantasies, while the pity-party character backgrounds, emphasis on revenge, and overall preachiness of the series make it fit just right with the mary-sueish drives of your average preteen and his sense of unwarranted self-importance towards the world. Exactly the kind of **** that makes little kiddies and underageb& ******* eat this **** right the **** up.
  3. Naruto is basically THE series to attract the most hated anime fanbase known to /a/, which is why, regardless of individual opinions, it is the responsibility of every anon to troll the **** out of this show and everyone who likes it, and ensure that no Naruto threads ever encourage the newfriends to show their faces here.
Not my favorite manga, but I do enjoy it for what it is. Won't argue against the fact that the anime's a pile of **** due to the never ending filler.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I really liked Naruto until I came to the same realizations listed above by Manly (more specifically, around the time of Gaara's unbelievable and wayyyyyy unrealistic paradigm shift before and after the timeskip). Why these things were never readily apparent to me in the first place is beyond, well, me. Now I only follow it because I promised the Naruto thread-goers here on Smashboards that I would compile a huge-ass essay, spanning arc-to-arc, talking about why this series is complete ass, and where it squandered its potential for greatness.

Smooth Criminal

D

Deleted member

If the old ones were deleted I'll get back to work on starting up a newer one. Not sure what they mean by assigning mods but I've already got some people around here picked out in my mind and or if it's actual mods on the main site then Mario_Sonic.

Hardest part though will be remembering who to send invites to, in the past few months the activity around here has skyrocketed due to new users.

Not my favorite manga, but I do enjoy it for what it is. Won't argue against the fact that the anime's a pile of **** due to the never ending filler.
You...
are entitled to your own opinion and I respect it.

Personaly, I didn't like it too much. I followed it till the Valley of the End and dropped it early in the Rescue Gaara arc. Didn't read it for years, till friends kept nagging me to read it, because it had gotten better and many important characters were dying. So I did. The Jiraiya Arc in Shippuden was great. He was my favorite character and had a great finale. After that it went to pure garbage with endless plotholes, DARKNESS and Deus Ex Machina EVERYWHERE. Not to mention Kishimoto's annoying knack for getting all preachy. I kept up with it and found myself wondering why I still read it at the end of every chapter, the few good aspecs of it were overshadowed by all the negative ones. Eventually I drew a line in the sand in recent chapters and said '**** it,' promising myself never to read it again.

If other people like it, it's cool. As long as they are open to trying other, better manga. I will praise the Manga's use and representation of Japanese folklore. It's one of the few things it gets right. Other than that, I keep well away from that manga and its fans... Especially the fans, dear god, the naruto fanbase is INSANE!

Pic VERY MUCH related.

I really liked Naruto until I came to the same realizations listed above by Manly (more specifically, around the time of Gaara's unbelievable and wayyyyyy unrealistic paradigm shift before and after the timeskip). Why these things were never readily apparent to me in the first place is beyond, well, me. Now I only follow it because I promised the Naruto thread-goers here on Smashboards that I would compile a huge-*** essay, spanning arc-to-arc, talking about why this series is complete ***, and where it squandered its potential for greatness.

Smooth Criminal
I was gonna make a video explaining all the plotholes and the like, giving a thorough analysis on why it was bad...

but then I got lazy.

Most Naruto fans won't listen, and honestly a video trolling them would be a lot more fun to make, and would cause so much GLORIOUS rage.

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
here is the list of all injustice characters

Aquaman
Ares
Bane
Batman
Black Adam
Catwoman
Cyborg
Deathstroke
Doomsday
Flash
Green Arrow
Green Lantern
Harley Quinn
Hawk Girl
Joker
Killer Frost
Lex Luthor
Nightwing
Raven
Shazam/Captain Marvel
Sinestro
Solomon Grundy
Superman
Wonder Woman

liking the new avatar smooth

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I still enjoy Naruto. SO THERE.

SHE DID IT FOR LOVE.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
All this Naruto talk reminds me... of what will happen AFTER E3... the Narutards will come and make their delusional character suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom