• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Discussion Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

here is the list of all injustice characters

Aquaman
Ares
Bane
Batman
Black Adam
Catwoman
Cyborg
Deathstroke
Doomsday
Flash
Green Arrow
Green Lantern
Harley Quinn
Hawk Girl
Joker
Killer Frost
Lex Luthor
Nightwing
Raven
Shazam/Captain Marvel
Sinestro
Solomon Grundy
Superman
Wonder Woman

liking the new avatar smooth
>Raven
Oh ****!

>Google a picture of her in the game...

Ewww....

Thank God Starfire didn't make the cut, I'd hate to see how they'r ruin her.

Looks like it's Cyborg all-day-erryday.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
All this Naruto talk reminds me... of what will happen AFTER E3... the Narutards will come and make their delusional character suggestions.
Believe it or not, we don't get too many NaruGokuLuffy suggestions. I mean, we get some, but not many. I think most people realize how yucky they be.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I have not watched anime since 2006, so I have no idea what is going on. I tried to watch Naruto back when it first came on, seemed really dumb. Looks like I made the right call.

Naruto is not big in the real world (I think anime as a whole is becoming more niche). In grade school, everyone talked about DBZ. There is no contemporary DBZ.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light

"In the real world?" Really, Chrono? I mean, not that I entirely disagree with your statement about anime becoming more niche/stale/bad/whatever, but that's like...

I don't even know, man. I'm not even going to touch that with a ten foot pole.

Smooth Criminal

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Lmao. NOW I get it. Hahahaha.

Smooth Criminal

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Naruto kinda blows. I could only stand about 20-ish episodes.

Sword Art Online is where it's (currently) at.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I used to love Naruto when it first came on Toonami, and while I still enjoy it casually, yeah, it does have a lot of flaws

It has some pretty damn cool characters though (like Kakashi)

When it comes to like shonen anime, I'm more into **** like Soul Eater and YYH

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Believe it or not, we don't get too many NaruGokuLuffy suggestions. I mean, we get some, but not many. I think most people realize how yucky they be.
That pun... made me cringe!
Then again, it's not like I don't do any cringe-worthy puns, so whatever.

Anyway, glad to hear that these forums aren't as plagued with those kinds of requests. I remember lurking the Nsider forums during pre-Brawl and the amount of craptastic "Goku for Brawl", "Naruto for Brawl" and other such threads was insane.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
And lol @ that Raven design, we say this all the time at the MK forum I post at, but Netherrealm is horrible at modelling female faces

Have been since Deadly Alliance

D

Deleted member

I have not watched anime since 2006, so I have no idea what is going on. I tried to watch Naruto back when it first came on, seemed really dumb. Looks like I made the right call.

Naruto is not big in the real world (I think anime as a whole is becoming more niche). In grade school, everyone talked about DBZ. There is no contemporary DBZ.
It depends where you live. Spain is a HUGE weeaboo country, with good taste on top of that. Everyone here loves One Piece.

Naruto is not the new Dragonball, it wishes it was. One Piece is the new Dragonball. It's just not big in NA because 4Kids butchered it. Everywhere else in the world, everyone watches or reads One Piece.

I still enjoy Naruto. SO THERE.

SHE DID IT FOR LOVE.

That White-eyed freak has nothing on Ichigo's mom:

Masaki for GMILFOAT

Greatest
MILF
Of
All
Time

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
You...
are entitled to your own opinion and I respect it.
It mostly just holds nostalgic value for me and it's nice to have something to look forward to at the end of each week, seeing as my favorite mangas have awkward release schedules. There are a couple characters I like (Jiraiya, Kakashi*, Hinata, Shikamaru) but the main cast I detest (Sakura & Sasuke are just the worst, Naruto isn't bad aside from the catchphase but he does follow the standard Shounen formula).

I also dislike the diehard fanbase as well, was really awkward walking into my High School's anime club and everyone is in akatsuki outfits while I'm in a regular T-Shirt. >_>

*I swear Kakashi reminds me way too much of Shadow Man from the Megaman Mega/Gigamix series (which did technically come out before Naruto).

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Thank God Starfire didn't make the cut, I'd hate to see how they'r ruin her.

Looks like it's Cyborg all-day-erryday.
To make things worse, despite being voiced by Tara Strong, they decided to add this deep voice filter saying she's possessed or something stupid like that. But yeah, the more I think about it, Starfire would've been massacred in the face department. I can't even begin to fathom what they would do to her costume and hair.

Wonder Woman got it really bad though. It's like she became one of those creepy female bodybuilders.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I never really watched anime, but made an exception for Death Note.

D

Deleted member

Naruto kinda blows. I could only stand about 20-ish episodes.

Sword Art Online is where it's (currently) at.
HAHAHAHAHA

SAO!!

Watching that with /a/ was a lot of fun.

Gary Stu, GLOP, Linkin Park and all that, oh boy.

I'm not gonna say it's a good show, cuz it's not, but it certainly was enteraining.

I wish that "***** Art Online" video didn't get taken down due to copyright, I'm sure you would have liked it, it was funny as hell.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
It went a little lame after a while indeed, but eventually it was worth the watch. Don't really think I'll watch other animes, cause I lack the patience. I usually forget to watch them. Not with Death Note's case, but this is what happened when I tried to watch Bleach.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
@Manly- I think WB owns the rights to the series, could be wrong though

And Diddy, I think you should watch Golden Boy when you get a chance

Only 6 episodes, and it's funny as ****

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
And lol @ that Raven design, we say this all the time at the MK forum I post at, but Netherrealm is horrible at modelling female faces

Have been since Deadly Alliance
Man shoulders >>>>>>>>> Man faces. Seriously, I'd tap this any day of the week:

over Wonder Woman.

One anime I'd greatly recommend is Shirokuma Cafe. Show just ended, but I loved watching this slice of life anime. Always made me feel good watching it.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Bleach > Naruto.
I do love the fights in Naruto though.
I'm more of an Avatar Last Airbender person (Can't wait until the second season of Legend of Korra). even though it's not considered anime

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Is Watchmen DC? I thought it was Dark Horse... or something like that.
Yup, it's owned by DC.

Fun fact: Watchmen was originally supposed to be about the Charlton Comics superheroes that DC bought(i.e. Blue Beetle, The Question, Captain Atom), but DC felt the story was too violent so they asked Moore to use original characters, which he agreed was for the best.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Golden Boy? Might give it a try. What's it about?

I also watched a good bit of Boondocks Saints. Does that count as anime though? I'd say so.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Mark your clocks, everyone. At 7:30 AM Japan Time, the show Pokémon Smash! begins and we'll get to know the news on Pokémon X and Y.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Am I the only one who finds it funny that the Mortal Kombat guys are backing up DC while the Street Fighter guys back up Marvel?

@Anime: Gave up on it for the most part aside from re-watching anime that have nostalgic value for me (Dragon Ball, Yu Yu Hakusho, Digimon, Pokemon) but in the past month I've started to really get into watching Urusei Yatsura. I've only watched about 50 episodes so far plus one movie, but I haven't gotten tried of watching it it's so funny.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
HAHAHAHAHA
I'm not gonna say it's a good show, cuz it's not, but it certainly was enteraining.
Yeah, entertaining is good enough for me considering that most modern anime is mostly just a re-skin of a previous series or something. I found SAO to be good enough to recommend and watch again later on.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
@Kuma- Isn't that Asuka from Tekken lol

Looks just like her

I never could get into Bleach, but my friends love it for some reason

And speaking of Urusei Yatsura, I love me some Ranma 1/2

D

Deleted member

Bleach > Naruto.
ANYTHING is better than Naruto.

It went a little lame after a while indeed, but eventually it was worth the watch. Don't really think I'll watch other animes, cause I lack the patience. I usually forget to watch them. Not with Death Note's case, but this is what happened when I tried to watch Bleach.
Well, Bleach isn't very good. You especially won't like it if you don't like battle manga. The style is nice, but the art lacks backgrounds and is very repetitive.

It's short and easy to read though. The plot isn't convoluted either and getting trolled by Kubo is fun. I like it, it's sort of my guilty pleasure.

And Diddy, I think you should watch Golden Boy when you get a chance

Only 6 episodes, and it's funny as ****

YES, GOLDEN BOY is amazing.
?MY QUEEN!!

Most Comedy Anime is great. Excel Saga, and Cromartie High School are hilarious too.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
@Kuma- Isn't that Asuka from Tekken lol

Looks just like her

I never could get into Bleach, but my friends love it for some reason

And speaking of Urusei Yatsura, I love me some Ranma 1/2
It is Asuka. It's from one of the Tag 2 endings. In that game, all the women have broad shoulders. It's a lot more justified considering they'd need to be in shape and the only ones it really sticks out are Nina who looks a little man-ish in the face compared to her art while Christie's shoulders are just unusually broad for a woman. The only character that it doesn't stick out in particular is Xiaoyu which is only because she's the smallest character in the game.

The only girl that I'd feel justified to have man shoulders in Smash is Samus.

D

Deleted member

Golden Boy? Might give it a try. What's it about?

I also watched a good bit of Boondocks Saints. Does that count as anime though? I'd say so.
All the explenation you need:

Yeah, entertaining is good enough for me considering that most modern anime is mostly just a re-skin of a previous series or something. I found SAO to be good enough to recommend and watch again later on.
I don't disagree. SAO was a good concept burdened by a bad MC. The romance was well done. Even with the GLOP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom