• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Discussion Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Y'know, while I hate patternists, I'd like to point something out: every generation that we've gotten a new Eeveelution, we've also gotten a new Porygon evolution. Anyone else think we might be getting a new one of those?
I don't think so. Why would they go out of their of way to make a four stage evolutionary line for pokémon that's well known for all the wrong reasons? Though it wasn't Porygon's fault.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I think we could also expect more evolutions for past Pokemons right?
Well, yeah. We've gotten new ones of those every Generation except 5(and 1, obviously).

I don't think so. Why would they go out of their of way to make a four stage evolutionary line for pokémon that's well known for all the wrong reasons? Though it wasn't Porygon's fault.
Well, maybe it could be an alternate evolution or something. And I'm not saying it's a guarantee.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
If the new pokémon revealed happens to something that seems fit for fighting (like bipedal), I'm sure there will be users claiming that THIS pokémon will replace Lucario. :laugh:

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
How did you guys even talk about anime and not bring up JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, One Piece, Hellsing (OVA), Kaiji, or even Soul Eater?
I'm shocked. SHOCKED!

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
An interesting thing on the mewthree scan, my friend Sarah who happens to live in Japan said that she saw that same poster at a subway or something. and I asked ok, what did mewtwo looked like a zora lol. Either way there's no proof but when she said that I said to her, it's not a fake then? She said guess not lol

D

Deleted member

How did you guys even talk about anime and not bring up JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, One Piece, Hellsing (OVA), Kaiji, or even Soul Eater?
I'm shocked. SHOCKED!
I DID mention One Piece. Also, we didn't talk about good anime because we started the talk talking about bad anime.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
PSIguy, that poster with Newtwo / Mewthree looks extremely similar to the one soth regular old Mewtwo on it. Unless your friend can really confirm it's the same, I'm still somewhat skeptical.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Whatever the hell Pokemon is going to be revealed, it's not going to be a good thing...
Actually, if it happens to be an eeveelution, we will have something more on-topic to talk about here. It will be even more on-topic if it happens to be Mewzora, lol.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
PSIguy, that poster with Newtwo / Mewthree looks extremely similar to the one soth regular old Mewtwo on it. Unless your friend can really confirm it's the same, I'm still somewhat skeptical.
Didn't they do something similar to this with Keldeo before?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I like Mewthree the most out of all possible names cause really, a Mewthree has been spoken about ever since Gen 2's announcement. And now we actually have a reason to use that name.

@Kikwi: Wouldn't know, but judging from those pics, it seems so. And actually, while this Mewthree is quite the ugly mofo, it still makes me hyped a lot more for Gen 6. Dunno why. It's probably more cause I want this thing explained. So many questions I got about it.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I'm ready for this. Unlike you guys, I welcome new types and forms.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I think it adds to debts of legendary Pokemon. However, wouldn't ever expect a different form on Mewtwo. Anything can happen now!

D

Deleted member

I'm ready for this. Unlike you guys, I welcome new types and forms.
I'm actually hoping for a new Mewtwo form. That new fake Mewtwo looks better than the vanilla one. Hopefully we get that one in Smash. If anything as an Alt. Costume.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
@Kikwi: Wouldn't know, but judging from those pics, it seems so. And actually, while this Mewthree is quite the ugly mofo, it still makes me hyped a lot more for Gen 6. Dunno why. It's probably more cause I want this thing explained. So many questions I got about it.
You just hurt Mewzora's feelings... D:

Oh I for one am pretty excited. He may end up fake or he may end up real, I guess only time will tell. I kinda like Mewzora so I kinda hope he's real. If he's fake then oh well. :/ I'd like to know more about him too if he's actually real.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
It being ugly doesn't mean I cannot respect it if it actually turns out to be a cool ugly mofo. And since it's Mewtwo, it'll be no problem.

Kinda hoped that this Mewthree would be a new Pokémon, but don't think that's possible anymore after checking the facts.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Can't really think of weaknesses and advantages of types Sound and Light would have. Obviously Light would have something sith Dark types, but other than that..?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Sound should be effective on Psychic. You know, concentration can be disturbed by noise.

D

Deleted member

Can't really think of weaknesses and advantages of types Sound and Light would have. Obviously Light would have something sith Dark types, but other than that..?
I posted them a while back but I can't remember what I said.

Also, for a bit of science..

Look at this real quick:

Energy is described as the movement of particles. The movement of photons is what causes radiation. Photons are light particles. Likewise, vibrations in the atmosphere create sound, and allows lower frequency radiation to travel more fluidly.

So really, more than anything, to demonstrate potential abilities these new types could have.

Sound:
Ultrasound
Radio waves
Microwaves
Radar
Supersonic Movement
and the like

Light:
X-Rays
Gamma Rays
Infrared
Lightspeed movement
Photon Beams
and the like

Now after all that, tell me you don't think those two new types wouldn't be cool?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Well, sound is a little farfetched IMO, but I really think Light could be introduced this time around. And sound is the only other type I can think of that could incorperate a bunch of already made Pokemon. I mean, "virus" could incorperate Deoxys, Porygon Z and, well, that's it...

Half an hour until news revealed... I'm so ready.

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
@diddykong yeah like I said I have no proof, but I did wanna bring it up. I also asked her to take a photo of the poster the next time she runs into one. Oh and I asked her what mewtwo looked like on the poster she saw. She said he looked like a zora lol so I'm assuming its the same one we've seen.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Well, we better get adjusted to this Mewthree now then. Kinda makes me wonder which of the two will be in Smash.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Well, we better get adjusted to this Mewthree now then. Kinda makes me wonder which of the two will be in Smash.
Mewzora could also be a part of Mewtwo's final smash. Or maybe an alternate costume. So we could still get Mewtwo. Though the question is then. If Mewtwo Makes it in and Mewzora becomes his final smash/alternate costume and we don't get any other 6th gen Pokemon suitable for smash. Would this mean that Zoroark could still stand a chance as a playable rep? :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom