• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Discussion Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I actually like Chrom and Derpina. It's just that I feel that they wouldn't be filling any niches in regards to playstyle. Anna might be able to, but I'm struggling a bit finding out how to implement the Trickster class (Anna's starting class) into a fighting game playstyle that it's faithful to Fire Emblem. Then there's the question of whether or not some other character could do her concept better. I mean, Megaman was possibly pushed aside in favor of Dante, Amaterasu, and Arthur in MvC3 since those three could expand on Megaman's concepts way more than he could.
That is a fair assesment. I'l be fine with chrom if he utilizes lances, hopefully javelins. But I guess people just see chrom playing too close to Marth. Anna could possibly play differently then these lords and have a playstlye that embodies a trickster. Whatever that is. My guess its more so on the spectrum of a rouge sword fighter. I'm gonna try and see the skills and traits tricksters can posess to see what Anna could do to set her apart

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Anna could possibly play differently then these lords and have a playstlye that embodies a trickster. Whatever that is
Anna theoretically can be anything since there are numerous Anna's, so a Master Knight Anna could be possible (I am surprised the Master Knight class was not re-introduced in FE13, so far the only game with it has been FE4). I already mentioned another combative Anna who uses lances and even has the Aether skill.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
...Hang on a second, Chrono being interested in Anna is a somewhat of a contradiction to his normal "anti-female Fire Emblem characters" propaganda.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Hope that happens before things get too MANLY.
Manly vs. Chrono debates are usually entertaining to watch.

Anna theoretically can be anything since there are numerous Anna's, so a Master Knight Anna could be possible (I am surprised the Master Knight class was not re-introduced in FE13, so far the only game with it has been FE4). I already mentioned another combative Anna who uses lances and even has the Aether skill.
I think Anna also appears as a Pegasus Knight in one of the Tellius saga tutorials, so it could be implemented as a Final Smash or something.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
...Hang on a second, Chrono being interested in Anna is a somewhat of a contradiction to his normal "anti-female Fire Emblem characters" propaganda.
The apparent change of attitude towards FE females is welcome. :)

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I think Anna also appears as a Pegasus Knight in one of the Tellius saga tutorials, so it could be implemented as a Final Smash or something.
Anna's Final Smash I think should be the Rescue Staff. Basically, she summons a random powerful unit from the FE series to attack the opponents. Its works because at the very least trickster Anna can use staves.

Also, there is no change in attitude toward FE females. I just don't like tutorial lords and ecchi characters. :troll:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I don't take her as granted, but I think Anna is likelier that what some think, but then again, that's my opinion.

I don't know how popular she is in Japan, but, considering she's treated as a series mascot and having recurrent appearances, she has attributes in common with other characters, namely Pikachu.

Anna's Final Smash I think should be the Rescue Staff. Basically, she summons a random powerful unit from the FE series to attack the opponents. Its works because at the very least trickster Anna can use staves.

Also, there is no change in attitude toward FE females. I just don't like tutorial lords and ecchi characters. :troll:
Well, that's not a bad idea at all.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I don't take her as granted, but I think Anna is likelier that what some think, but then again, that's my opinion.

I don't know how popular she is in Japan, but, considering she's treated as a series mascot and having recurrent appearances, she has attributes in common with other characters, namely Pikachu.
She was only the 13th most popular female character in FE13 for the official FE13 Japanese poll. In North America, she basically received the same amount of votes as Chrom did. I don't think she is going to happen personally (she is rather unlikely, and I am not sure Sakurai will even hear about the idea this time around). Though I do think she is by far the best choice for a female FE character.

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
Adding Anna is a crazy idea.
Extremely minor character in almost ever FE =/= Major character who deserves to be in smash.

Its like adding Stan Lee over any of the Avengers because he makes a cameo in each movie.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
That's right. She can be just about anything. I think Robin can be good fit too with the use of magic and swords

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Either the Avatar (Robin) or Anna would be a breath of fresh air in Fire Emblem characters, because neither of them are lords, yet have enough importance for the series.

The Avatar is sort of recurrent if we count the Tactician from FE7, and both Avatars from FE12 and FE13, the latter whose class is Tactician as well. Make him/her a composite character in the same vein as Link and Zelda.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
That is a fair assesment. I'l be fine with chrom if he utilizes lances, hopefully javelins. But I guess people just see chrom playing too close to Marth. Anna could possibly play differently then these lords and have a playstlye that embodies a trickster. Whatever that is. My guess its more so on the spectrum of a rouge sword fighter. I'm gonna try and see the skills and traits tricksters can posess to see what Anna could do to set her apart
If we go for lances, which are something Chrom only gets at promotion, then we might as well look at the Pegasus Knight class instead with Marth's waifu Caeda/Sheeda (fun fact, they're pronounced the same). At least she'd be able to have a Pegasus with her. Though, again, I question how exactly to adapt that. Otherwise, Sheeda would definitely be a weak, multi-hitting, speedy, and evasive character.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Considering that only the tutorial lord got a DLC redesign, I believe I'm al least 75% correct. ;)
That is probably because of Brawl, and because IS hates the strongest lords in the series (Sigurd, Hector, and FE10 Ike received no-redesign as well). Eliwood was going to be put in, but he declined once he heard about the horrendous balance for FE13 (Eliwood is referred to by FE fans as the "God of Balance").

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
If we go for lances, which are something Chrom only gets at promotion, then we might as well look at the Pegasus Knight class instead with Marth's waifu Caeda/Sheeda (fun fact, they're pronounced the same). At least she'd be able to have a Pegasus with her. Though, again, I question how exactly to adapt that. Otherwise, Sheeda would definitely be a weak, multi-hitting, speedy, and evasive character.
well when I mentioned lances, I had in mind that he still mainly used swords and one of his specials, probably side b, would be a javelin throw. But I was thinking about other classes like pegasi classes they are better suited for smash, especially when it comes to recovery

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I always figured Ike didn't get his Radiant Dawn design in Brawl because it was too close to Brawl's release. That, and apparently that game hadn't been released in Europe by the time Brawl came out in Japan and the U.S. I guess the redesign would've been too big of a spoiler.

My guess is that if RD had been released internationally a year or two earlier, we might've seen "swole as ****" Ike in Brawl.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
FE-discussion again? (-l.l-);

Jimmy T pulling off Falco... Sounds sorta weird, but it might have potential. But still, I'd find it weird at this point that Smash Bros would include Jimmy instead of Mona or other supported characters.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I think Ike's PoR design is probably the one that will be used in Smash 4 as well.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I think Ike's PoR design is probably the one that will be used in Smash 4 as well.
I could see Ike having a design that sort of combines his designs from FE9 and FE10, and makes him look sort of like Chrom's outfit (think FE13 Marth compared to Lucina). There may even be such a design floating around somewhere considering that the art designer for FE13 said FE10 Ike was the one character he wanted make a FE13 re-design for that did not happen.

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
I personally like his PoR design more. But if sakurai wants to put more emphasis on the whole heavy weight thing Ike may come back as his RD self.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
A trivia: This thread's 2nd post, aka the first topic that was discussed, was FE as well. So what Habanero said actually has some truth to it, despite being a sarcastic remark.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Well I could always flambé the discussion and coat the top with a tangy duck sauce, at least if you want that. I could fry or broil it if that sounds better.
Why don't you just add some peppers too? :troll:

A trivia: This thread's 2nd post, aka the first topic that was discussed, was FE as well. So what Habanero said actually has some truth to it, despite being a sarcastic remark.
You just don't mess with fate.

Someone bought the cheapest item in my topic vending machine. With the economy on such a state, we have to save up some money after all! :troll:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Frost: I guess someone has acguired the Fire Emblem already? Though what is SWF's Fire Emblem anyway?

Speaking of Anna, I just really wish SSB would use more of a "gather-up" feel of Nintendo's worlds. I mean, there's the fighters and so on, but I'd be more than happy to see characters like Resetti, Rover, Anna, Peppy, Professor Oak and other well-known NPCs from other Nintendo's games being here and there in the game. It'd really give the fans something fun and also tributing to look at.

Wishful thinking though unless the staff will really wants to fanservice fans with something else than characters...

D

Deleted member

Well it would make sense if it was commentary for matches with friends, or something.

Which reminds me, I once wanted to do Let's Plays, but felt lazy about recording footage. I forget what the Let's Play was considering it was years ago, but I think it was going to be Kirby Superstar or Illusion of Gaia.
The only games I've considered doing a Let's Play of have been Banjo Kazooie and Banjo Tooie. Simply because I know those game inside out, so it'd be like a LP/Walkthough. I'm just lazy about it though and so many people have done those games...

Playing Skward Sword atm, and I actually feel the game is so jarring at times that it'd make for great commentary material. Bad/Mediocre games are great for LPs.

Anyway, I'd only do an LP with a partner or something, never solo. It's be more fun with my brother or one or two buddies.

I am making a fan roster for Smash 4. So far these are my "definites":
- No cuts from Brawl.
- Ridley
- Mega Man
- Mewtwo
- Roy
- K. Rool
- Little Mac
- Palutena
- Takamaru

Thinking about six more characters to add after that, here is what I am thinking about:
- Some sort of Mario newcomer (Toad, Bowser Jr., or Paper Mario)
- Isaac
- Waddle Dee (Bandanna)
- Anna
- Jimmy T.
- Pac-Man
- Dixie Kong
- Shulk
- Mii
- Duck Hunt Dog :troll:

I am partial to Jimmy T., Anna, and Waddle Dee because I think those would be some neat "surprise" characters that would go over well.

So who should I add from the above "thinking" list?
Duck Hunt Dog coupled with Waluigi. Those two should be inseperable from now on, only way I'll support either one, as a duo. Hahahaha.

Anyway,
Isaac, Shulk and Paper Mario as well.

Then Jimmy someone else and toss in Ashley. I won't say Lyn since you obviously wouldn't pick her, but she's a better choice than Anna, but since it's your list I'll Anna. So that's my suggestion, take it or leave it.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Frost: I guess someone has acguired the Fire Emblem already? Though what is SWF's Fire Emblem anyway?

Speaking of Anna, I just really wish SSB would use more of a "gather-up" feel of Nintendo's worlds. I mean, there's the fighters and so on, but I'd be more than happy to see characters like Resetti, Rover, Anna, Peppy, Professor Oak and other well-known NPCs from other Nintendo's games being here and there in the game. It'd really give the fans something fun and also tributing to look at.

Wishful thinking though unless the staff will really wants to fanservice fans with something else than characters...
I've always wanted this. Felt it would add fan service without being overly intrusive on the gameplay. Maybe a rather amusing thing would be to get different characters as announcer bonuses.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
I want to see Old Hubba somehow...

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Fanservice? Sure, watch as they add swimsu-- oh wait, this is that other fanservice. Good enough.

Kuma's idea of other characters as announcer sounds fun in my opinion. Or maybe character-themed menus, even for non-playable Nintendo characters?

EDIT: Oh great, now I want a Hades themed menu with Hades's voice as the announcer...

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Isaac, Shulk and Paper Mario as well.

Then Jimmy someone else and toss in Ashley. I won't say Lyn since you obviously wouldn't pick her, but she's a better choice than Anna, but since it's your list I'll Anna. So that's my suggestion, take it or leave it.
I think Anna is by far the best choice for a female FE character. All the other possible choices (Lyn, Micaiah, Lucina) all have much better choices from their own arcs.

Also, on Ashley.

Sakurai: I heard some people like Ashley. It seems they primarily like her cause she is a loli and because she could use magic. Well why didn't you guys say you wanted a character like that. I think I have a character that would scratch that itch without me breaking a sweat. Its a character concept I actually had left over from Brawl. I am sure you guys will love Toon Zelda. :troll:

D

Deleted member

That's a lot more then I can say for SmashChu vs. Manly, so give Chrono and Manly props for being entertaining together forever!
That's because the Manly vs. Chu debates usually end up with me going like this:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom