• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Discussion Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I am making a fan roster for Smash 4. So far these are my "definites":
- No cuts from Brawl.
- Ridley
- Mega Man
- Mewtwo
- Roy
- K. Rool
- Little Mac
- Palutena
- Takamaru

Thinking about six more characters to add after that, here is what I am thinking about:
- Some sort of Mario newcomer (Toad, Bowser Jr., or Paper Mario)
- Isaac
- Waddle Dee (Bandanna)
- Anna
- Jimmy T.
- Pac-Man
- Dixie Kong
- Shulk
- Mii
- Duck Hunt Dog :troll:

I am partial to Jimmy T., Anna, and Waddle Dee because I think those would be some neat "surprise" characters that would go over well.

So who should I add from the above "thinking" list?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Looks like reading comprehension is a problem on this forum. I said from the list I provided.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I am making a fan roster for Smash 4. So far these are my "definites":
- No cuts from Brawl.
- Ridley
- Mega Man
- Mewtwo
- Roy
- K. Rool
- Little Mac
- Palutena
- Takamaru

Thinking about six more characters to add after that, here is what I am thinking about:
- Some sort of Mario newcomer (Toad, Bowser Jr., or Paper Mario)
- Isaac
- Waddle Dee (Bandanna)
- Anna
- Jimmy T.
- Pac-Man
- Dixie Kong
- Shulk
- Mii
- Duck Hunt Dog :troll:

I am partial to Jimmy T., Anna, and Waddle Dee because I think those would be some neat "surprise" characters that would go over well.

Waddle Dee, Isaac, Shulk, and Anna(from FE, right?). The rest I don't care about, except DHD, who sucks.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Let's just answer the damn thing before we start talking about potatoes.

Dixie, Shulk, DHD, Isaac, and Anna.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Shulk, Dixie, and Isaac, imo. But yeah, I definitely recommend adding a "surprise" character, that you think has a good chance, if you're not being too serious. I mean too many times I see people with pretty safe rosters. There's a reason why I added Sheriff on mine, and Saki to a certain extent (I'm not expecting him, but I'd surprised if he's in). It's always nice to see "risky" characters...We are going to get surprises one way or another, right?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I have pretty much decided to add Jimmy T., Anna, and Isaac to my roster. Possibly Pac-Man as well.

I think Isaac is a much higher priority than Shulk (when Shulk gets a second game under his belt then we can talk).

Waddle Dee I think everyone bashes now, but everyone would love the character if he got in. I am sympathetic towards adding him in.

I am torn between having Dixie Kong or a Mario newcomer.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Because Chrom is believed to be as interesting as tap water
Luciana is mostly perceived as a Marth or Chrom clone
Anna is a Iconic FE character that has appeared in most games one way or another.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I think Isaac is a much higher priority than Shulk (when Shulk gets a second game under his belt then we can talk).
I know you're going to disagree with this, but Issac is not going to be a high priority. During the days of Brawl and the heydays of Golden Sun, Issac (and Issac only) was simply seen as Assist Trophy fodder. What makes you so sure that Issac is going to be far more likely this time around?

Can anyone explain why Jimmy T. is more likely than other WarioWare characters?
Because bias from Chrono.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I disagree. Both could be unique. Chrom is just easily disregarded cause of his looks, as everyone is saying 'Marth-Ike Mix lolz' without a second thought. Yeah, he could be just like that. But does that make him less interessting to play as? You never know.

Lucina could indeed be sort of similar to Roy, but she has potential to be a Luigfied clone. Maybe as a less unique one than Roy due to lack of ph1r3, but still. I don't think these two characters should be so easily disregarded. Not so much to actually seriously consider Anna. :rolleyes:

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
In decreasing order:
1. Somewhat of an FE mascot in Japan
2. Present in almost every game
3. Female
4. Absence of blue hair
I don't know about being seen as a FE mascot in Japan (I follow Japanese opinions). However, in the West, according to an official FE13 poll, Anna received almost as many votes as Chrom despite being a story unimportant character.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I disagree. Both could be unique. Chrom is just easily disregarded cause of his looks, as everyone is saying 'Marth-Ike Mix lolz' without a second thought. Yeah, he could be just like that. But does that make him less interessting to play as? You never know.

Lucina could indeed be sort of similar to Roy, but she has potential to be a Luigfied clone. Maybe as a less unique one than Roy due to lack of ph1r3, but still. I don't think these two characters should be so easily disregarded. Not so much to actually seriously consider Anna. :rolleyes:
Don't argue with the expert (Chrono). :smirk::troll:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Because Chrom is believed to be as interesting as tap water
Luciana is mostly perceived as a Marth or Chrom clone
Anna is a Iconic FE character that has appeared in most games one way or another.
I actually like Chrom and Derpina. It's just that I feel that they wouldn't be filling any niches in regards to playstyle. Anna might be able to, but I'm struggling a bit finding out how to implement the Trickster class (Anna's starting class) into a fighting game playstyle that it's faithful to Fire Emblem. Then there's the question of whether or not some other character could do her concept better. I mean, Megaman was possibly pushed aside in favor of Dante, Amaterasu, and Arthur in MvC3 since those three could expand on Megaman's concepts way more than he could.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
He hosts all the remixes in the WarioWare titles and would be a hilarious character in general. Basically a deadly joke character.
Point taken, but is he popular?

About Anna, Golden noted the "mascot" status as one of the reasons for Anna being on his chart.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Because bias from Chrono.
I doubt a second Wario character will happen in general, but most people will back me up on this that the two most prominent WarioWare characters are Jimmy T. and Mona, though I think Jimmy T. has the potential to be a very hilarious addition through attacks utilitzing dance moves, and other "lol randomness" that the WarioWare series is known for (like attacking with disco fever cats).

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Point taken, but is he popular?
All of the WarioWare characters are well-liked pretty much.

I Anna might be able to, but I'm struggling a bit finding out how to implement the Trickster class (Anna's starting class) into a fighting game playstyle that it's faithful to Fire Emblem..
There are numerous Anna's in the Fire Emblem universe. Besides the trickster Anna that is recruitable in FE13, there is an Anna that wields lances and the Aether skill that is the final boss in the DLC Chapter entitled, The Strongest One's Name
Anna is Oasis's mom confirmed. :troll:

D

Deleted member

@ChronoBound: A fan roster? Hard to say between either Dixie or a Mario newcomer, but I would prefer Dixie..

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
@ChronoBound: A fan roster? Hard to say between either Dixie or a Mario newcomer, but I would prefer Dixie..
Its not a realistic roster just so you know.
I know you're going to disagree with this, but Issac is not going to be a high priority. During the days of Brawl and the heydays of Golden Sun, Issac (and Issac only) was simply seen as Assist Trophy fodder. What makes you so sure that Issac is going to be far more likely this time around?
I was talking about my personal opinion for my fan roster, not the actual Smash 4. Personally, I think Isaac having three games under his belt and having far more requests makes him a higher priority.

D

Deleted member

ManlySpirit said:
Download Audacity, it's a free audio program. No, it's not piracy, it's literally FREE, and it's very good.

Also, make sure you type up a script beforehand. Just a word of advice. If you've never talked in front of a mic before or never recorded a video in your life, you WILL block up from time to time, you will run out of things to say and it will be littered with "Uhms and ahs." And nothing is more annoying that the dozens of youtube kiddies who have a mic and something to say, but no polish. Make sure you edit your audio so it's nice an fluid. Ah, and I'd recommend not recording yourself in video. Just record the audio and add some pictures.
Pretty sound advices. There are so many thing that I hate about commentaries done wrong, such as the examples you provided and the people who commentate on others because they got butthurt about others criticism on them. I also always type up a script for videos that require them (I tend to stumble on my words a lot, so this especially helps).

@ChronoBound: I was more or less thinking what would be best for the roster. Truthfully, it's hard to decide between adding Toad or Dixie Kong. If this was realism, it'd be Dixie right off the bat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom