• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Discussion Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Just saw that prediction video that was made on February 25th, 2013 and I'm looking forward to tearing into how that video is horrible. Of course I'm referring to this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iv49mJJcqHE

Now I only need to figure out what I need. I already have a microphone, but I'm not sure if I can make it work with Window Live Movie Maker (adding pictures and all that) or if I would need to buy a program.

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
While I definitely don't agree with it, it could have been a lot worse. For example, one of the rosters in the related videos is extremely terrible.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OivYquGAnXI
Granted that did happen a while ago but its no excuse for some of his calls.

Edit: That wishlist at the end of the video you posted was absolutely terrible I'll admit.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Just saw that prediction video that was made on February 25th, 2013 and I'm looking forward to tearing into how that video is horrible. Of course I'm referring to this:

Now I only need to figure out what I need. I already have a microphone, but I'm not sure if I can make it work with Window Live Movie Maker (adding pictures and all that) or if I would need to buy a program.
Link me the vid will ya.

I want to see this.

Although give him credit. The only two stupid characters are Sylux and the Persona character. The rest are somewhat viable and make some sort of sense.

Although the lack or Ridley and K.Rool is crazy....

@ lobo.

HOLY FREAKING *****!!!

Smash fan tear apart this one instead! It's terrible!!!!

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Hey, I think I posted that same exact NinBuzz video a long time ago, and the person that made it came here to explain his reasons.

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
swamp your missing the fact he has FREAKING KRYSTAL REPLACING WOLF

sorry swamp, that was my utah rage coming out of me (no I am not mormon)

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Hey, I think I posted that same exact NinBuzz video a long time ago, and the person that made it came here to explain his reasons.
What did he say?

@lobo

Oh he did? Didn't hear that part.

Yeah. Tear him apart then. I was trying to be nice.

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
on a funnier side, EA got named worst company in america

Edit: Jackpot,

This is my 777 post, the topic makes it that much sweeter

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
This makes me laugh so hard.

peeup

Smash Lord
Anybody who doesn't think normal is the most overpowered type around, hit me up. Got a UU monormal team that dominates most OU teams.

D

Deleted member

I remember that link. Just wanted to repost it although I forgotten he did come here to explain his reasons (or maybe I missed it?).

...In that case I'll be searching for others.

@Swampasaur: My main issue mainly come from the explanations. There are better arguments that could be made for Zoroark, Mega Man and Krystal's inclusion. In Krystal's case, the person seemed to pick the worst imaginable reasons for adding her (not enough females, replace Wolf with Krystal).

But unfortunately, we have seen worse on YouTube. Going to be looking around for a semi-recent video to hit.

@GingerbreadMan: The video is too old, so I doubt it would be worth the time. Plus with choices like Nathan Drake, I'm not sure how I'm supposed to take it seriously.

@lobotheduck: Might take a look at that one if I can't find anything better.

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
please just do that one, he states he isn't going to do ghirahim, zoroark, and magnus because they are confirmed anyway

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Would people be alright with an "EX" feature where you can switch between the original character to an alternate version of the character with altered attributes like the clones in Melee? It would be one way to squeeze in characters without wasting slots.
The same amount of balancing would still have to be done, but if this can streamline things a bit, might not be a bad idea.

@Fastblade
Your signature reminds me of this:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
So much talk of favourite pokémon and no Rapidash? :urg:

My other favourites would be Lapras, Gardevoir, Absol, Hariyama, Feraligatr, Bayleef, Grotle in no specific order.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
My favorite Pokemon?

In no specific order:

Mewtwo
Charizard/Charmeleon/Charmander
Arcanine
Infernape
Wobuffet ("I'M DA ****!")
Lucario
Gyrados
Pidgeot
Moltres
Lugia
Dialga
Squirtle/Blastoise

Plus some more.

Smooth Criminal

D

Deleted member

Download Audacity, it's a free audio program. No, it's not piracy, it's literally FREE, and it's very good.

Also, make sure you type up a script beforehand. Just a word of advice. If you've never talked in front of a mic before or never recorded a video in your life, you WILL block up from time to time, you will run out of things to say and it will be littered with "Uhms and ahs." And nothing is more annoying that the dozens of youtube kiddies who have a mic and something to say, but no polish. Make sure you edit your audio so it's nice an fluid. Ah, and I'd recommend not recording yourself in video. Just record the audio and add some pictures.

Here's some sound advice:

on a funnier side, EA got named worst company in america

Edit: Jackpot,

This is my 777 post, the topic makes it that much sweeter
Oh, did /v/ hijack another poll? They won the Golded Poo last year.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Anybody who doesn't think normal is the most overpowered type around, hit me up. Got a UU monormal team that dominates most OU teams.
I used to think normals were stupid because they have weaknesses and are resisted but have no type advantage. I still rarely use normal to this day

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
All this Pokémon talk and no one mentions Chandelure?

My favorite Pokémon, alongside the entire Gastly line, Rotom and Hydreigon.

Dat Special Attack...

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Would be a nice cameo.

In fact, I like almost all of the Ghost types and even have an entire team of them in the games.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Download Audacity, it's a free audio program. No, it's not piracy, it's literally FREE, and it's very good.

Also, make sure you type up a script beforehand. Just a word of advice. If you've never talked in front of a mic before or never recorded a video in your life, you WILL block up from time to time, you will run out of things to say and it will be littered with "Uhms and ahs." And nothing is more annoying that the dozens of youtube kiddies who have a mic and something to say, but no polish. Make sure you edit your audio so it's nice an fluid. Ah, and I'd recommend not recording yourself in video. Just record the audio and add some pictures.

Here's some sound advice:

Oh, did /v/ hijack another poll? They won the Golded Poo last year.
this is pretty helpful, I want to get a capture card and make SSB4 commentary videos eventually. I kinda want to do what shofu does with Pokemon online matches

D

Deleted member

this is pretty helpful, I want to get a capture card and make SSB4 commentary videos eventually. I kinda want to do what shofu does with Pokemon
Like, as in watching other people's fights and commenting on it? Or a Let's Play?

Or do you mean, playing matches and then commenting on different things about your match afterwards?

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Well it would make sense if it was commentary for matches with friends, or something.

Which reminds me, I once wanted to do Let's Plays, but felt lazy about recording footage. I forget what the Let's Play was considering it was years ago, but I think it was going to be Kirby Superstar or Illusion of Gaia.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Like, as in watching other people's fights and commenting on it? Or a Let's Play?

Or do you mean, playing matches and then commenting on different things about your match afterwards?
The latter.
Heck, I don't think i would mind commentating over other people's fights.
I'm just interested in making entertaining SSB commentary vids
I'm also sure i can throw some let's plays in there too.

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
So on the topic of pokemon....when is this new pkmn going to be revealed? also my favorite types (because i dont feel like typing out each pkmn) are grass, ghost and psychic

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
So on the topic of pokemon....when is this new pkmn going to be revealed? also my favorite types (because i dont feel like typing out each pkmn) are grass, ghost and psychic
Sometime today. Hopefully around noon. i'm not good with time conversions :dizzy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom