• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Discussion Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Grass for me, only because of Bulbasaur and Venusaur and Grovyle.
But Dragon Types are cool too.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Fire types is were it's at. If Donkey Kong Country has taught me anything it's Monkeys > Reptiles
There for Infernape > Feraligatr!
Fire types fo life: Soo-woo!
Infernape was the best thing of Pokemon Diamond for me.

Cause this

Is totally my kind of ****

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Pffft, the best type is obviously the Bird Type.

But seriously, I don't really have a fave type. It depends on the Pokemon really.

D

Deleted member

I used to be a big Fire types kid, hence the Arcanine, but as I grew up I began to have a preference for Water types, their designs are much more appealing imo. Arcanine is my fave mon, but water types is where it's at tbh. I'm a walking paradox...

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
You know Ninetales is Fire type, right? :troll:
Ya but everyone is talking about my favorite type, mine is normal

I was also saying how I prefer ninetales to arcanine

my favorite would be umbreon (I came up with a dual character Idea for smash with umbreon and espeon

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I remember most of my original team

Alakazam, Gengar, Zapdos, Dragonite, Blastoise...

I forgot who the sixth one was

Unfortunately, most of the people I knew banned legendaries even though Zapdos wasn't uber

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Even though I'm half-known for my Blastoise love, I equally love Charizard. And Fire starters I always picked. Safe for my first time with Pokemon Red, where I picked Squirtle. Hence why both Blastoise and Charizard are awesome to me.

Feraligatr is nowadays kinda higher on my list than Typhlosion, but first time playing Gold, I always used Cyndaquil. Think I prefered the 'Gatr soon as he those physical water moves.
Ruby was definitely Blaziken though, and even though Mudkipz are lovely and adorable, Sceptile still beats Swampert big time for me.
Pokemon Diamond = Chimchar, no contest.
Black and White I never played, but I think I would've chosen the Grass type cause Emboar = worst looking Fire starter ever. Which is unforgiveable.
And in X & Y, I think I'd again pick Fenekin cause it's cute and ****. Think the final evos would make me decide the ultimate pick though.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I always used cyndaquil in Gold and silver because Red Gyarados

Gen 1: Favorite starter was Blastoise, started first with Blastoise. I have used Charizard as well
Gen 2: Started with Feraligatr, but have used Typhlosion every other time because I like using Red Gyarados
Gen 3: I used Blaziken most of the time, but Mudkip is just as awesome
Gen 4: I started using Infernape because used fire last 2 gens, but Empoleon is a lot better
Gen 5: Started with Serperior. I HATE Serperior now that I used him. Don't much like the other starters

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
The problem is that most players do not play that way. 4vs, no items, maybe. But not 1v1 no items. Since less than 1% of the player bases even plays that way, it makes no sense to balance everything around that.
I'd really like to see a statistic for that, since in my experience, when people want to fight one another in Smash and see who has more skill, even if they have zero experience with competitive play, items are turned off. Every single time.

However, I enjoy a good match with random 4v4 items all stages (except New Pork because it's a ****hole.) Those can be so much fun sometimes. Why are we discussing the competitivity of items on a competitive Smash site? The general consensus is no, and it's not a good thing to talk about, ever. It's not a reflection on the players, or the game, but it's more that it creates a completely different environment than typical competitive Smash.

Even the hardcore competitve players admit items are fun sometimes, and that's why there's an option to turn them off. If there wasn't, the game would be very. very different. I don't see what's wrong with people wanting to go 1v1, just to test their skills against eachother. Any argument against that just seems...closed-minded. Let people play the way they want to play, and having an "Off" button is the best way.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
I tend to like dragon, fire and electric pokemon the most.

Raichu, Cyndaquil, Charizard, Typhlosion, Luxray, Ampharos, Lugia, Garchomp, Haxorous

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Wait, are we listing favorite Pokemon now? YES! Fun topics!

Here's mine: Houndoom, Meganium, Milotic, Bronzong, Yanmega and Jolteon. All day, every day.

Also Volcarona. Such a badass.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Charmander/Charizard and Squirtle/Blastoise are inferior to Bulbasaur for me

Bulbasaur>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Charmeleon >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Wartortle though
Fixed. :awesome:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I'm really excited about the new pokemon they are going to reveal tomorrow.
I hope it's not that Mewthree

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Charmander/Charizard and Squirtle/Blastoise are equal for me

Charmeleon >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Wartortle though
CHARMELEON
Wartortle
Mewtwo, Tentacruel
AERODACTYL
Oma-nyte
Sloowwwpoke
Pidgeot, Arbok
That's all folks!

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Meganium was one of my favorite Grass-types because that sucka was hard to KO lol, at least when it was on my team it was

I remember my Meganium taking a straight up Flamethrower from the opponent's Pokemon and not fainting

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Meganium was one of my favorite Grass-types because that sucka was hard to KO lol, at least when it was on my team it was

I remember my Meganium taking a straight up Flamethrower from the opponent's Pokemon and not fainting
I love Meganium so much. I've got with it every single playthrough of HeartGold I've done, and I've replayed that game alot. It's a decently tough Pokemon to get up too, because of the first three gyms, but dude...

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
@Diddy- DAT POKERAP REFERENCE

I dunno how the hell they memorized all that **** though :laugh:

Where is my 2BA Master CD when you need it...

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Meganium was kinda tanky yeah. And I liked to use Venusaur a lot before Razor Leaf got nerfed as ****. Ever since, Venusaur wasn't the Venusaur I knew anymore.

Still, gotta love the first ever stoner Pokemon. It even has it's own flowers growing! :awesome:

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
My favorites:
Bulbasaur
Lucario
Mewtwo
Grovyle
Charizard
Blaziken
Gabite
Metagross
Dusknoir
Gengar
Gallade

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I hate to brake it to you, but Meganium is one of the worst starters

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Did it ever learn Leech Seed? I remember when playing Gold as a boy, I wanted my Meganium to have Leech Seed.

Favorite Pokemon? Think those'd be:

Charizard, Blastoise, Mewtwo, Pikachu, Snorlax, Rhydon, Tyranitar, Lugia, Heracross, Aipom, Infernape, Hippowdon, Latios, Metagross

And probably a few others.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Gen 1: Charizard
Gen 2: Tyhplosion
Gen 3: Swampert
Gen 4: Infernape
Gen 5: Samurott
Gen 6: Whateva Chespin's final evo is

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I hate to brake it to you, but Meganium is one of the worst starters
It's so true, but that doesn't stop me from doling out the hugs to that sweet-ass brontosaurus. That thing's so awesome, apart from its overall terribleness competitively.

Roy's popular, and it doesn't make him top tier :troll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom