• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Discussion Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
yeah i have been thinking lately that Namco Bandai and Ubisoft have the best chance for a third party character this time around just cause of Rayman's comback and of course Namco Bandai being involved in Smash this time around.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Banjo-Kazzoie would be awesome, if it was actually possible.

God that stupid Rare buy out still ticks me off to this day.

Reyson

Smash Journeyman
FAIL!!!!
Assassin's Creed isn't in Playstation All Stars.
I'm pretty sure what ManlySpirit was saying is that if you want to play as one of those 'cool' and 'edgy' characters like Kratos, that clownthing, that shooterguy, EmoDante,... that Playstation Smash Bros is the game you want and an AC character would fit into that list. Nintendo (and thus by nature SSB) has a more colourful and cartoony feel to it, which wouldn't make a character like any of the AC characters fit.

On the topic of Banjo-Kazooie, if by any chance there was a possibility for them to be in SSB, do you think they'd get as big of a fansupport that Sonic or Megaman got?

jigglover

Smash Lord

You're... NOT being serious are you?

6/10 on your troll attempt, made me rage a bit actually, and you had me going for a while.
:awesome: That made my day!

Anyway, it is obviously a troll attempt. I'd like CoD in smash, but, I might get sad when and air raid blows up Pikachu! :scared:
Kidding aside, I actually do support an AC rep to get in, it could most certainly bring something new to smash, and that's something I look at when looking for characters to support, like N or Goku being a summoner (I prefer N), and Connor looks :awesome: anyway. Besides, it's not that :083:.

@Reyson,
Nintendo seems to be going for a more realistic look for the Wii U. ZombiU is anything but cute and cuddly, and actually some other games like TP have a real graphical feel that makes you a little cautious and weary, even though it's not a stealth game (or at least it does that to me!) But by the very nature of some franchises, a realistic look would wreck it, with Pokemon and Mario kart striking me as the worst to make realistic. SSB could definitely have both cartoonish and realistic looks, even from the same series! This already happened in brawl, with :eldin: being realistic, and :pirateship: not.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
He'd be one of my favorite also.
Same here. He's my most wanted 3rd party character.

For a Namco rep I'd rather like to see a surprise WTF Namco character from them, like someone from The Outfoxies instead of the obvious choices people already made (Pacman, Lloyd, KOS-MOS, a Tekken or SC rep). I'd be okay if they chose Pacman though.

:phone:

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Same here. He's my most wanted 3rd party character.

For a Namco rep I'd rather like to see a surprise WTF Namco character from them, like someone from The Outfoxies instead of the obvious choices people already made (Pacman, Lloyd, KOS-MOS, a Tekken or SC rep). I'd be okay if they chose Pacman though.

I think KOS-MOS would be a good enough WTF character. (Unfortunately Outfoxies haven't been on a Nintendo console. Even if it would be amazing to have the chimpanzee from the game as a playable character)

D

Deleted member

I would love Rayman in Smash 4, is probably my favourite third party choice.

After Banjo-Kazooie obviously.

Oh My God! Banjo and Kazooie would be my wet dream character. I've been wanting to see them in a Smash Bros game since Melee was announced on the GCN. They would be phenomenal and very unique characters in Smash, especially if you allow them to split up somehow like in Tooie.

Banjo-Kazooie is my favorite game of all time. Been a huge fan of the series since I was 10. So you can imagine my disappointment when M$ bought Rare, and even more so when Nuts and Bolts was released. I've actually been meaning to do an LP on both games sometime soon.

But daydreaming aside, they sadly have NO chance of getting in. Their only chance would be if Nintendo bought the IPs from M$, which would only happen is M$ was in dire need of financial rescue.

Speaking of which, did anyone here hear the news of the Old Banjo Team getting together to make a spiritual successor of the series?

So, members from the old Banjo Team, including Grant Kirkhope (the composer), and Steve Hurst (a.k.a Klungo), are wanting to get back together to make a spiritual successor to the Banjo Series as a new studio. Here's the source.
http://twitter.com/MingyJongo

If they get enough support maybe Ninty will buy the dead Rareware IPs and we can see Banjo-Threeie on the WiiU.

That's literary the ONLY chance we have of Banjo ever making it in Smash, which is about as slim as Sony's earnings on the PSVita, Dohohohohoho.

yani

Smash Lord
On the topic of Banjo-Kazooie, if by any chance there was a possibility for them to be in SSB, do you think they'd get as big of a fansupport that Sonic or Megaman got?
Definitely not as big as Sonic, but easily one of the top 10 most wanted characters I'd say.

Oh how I wish....

D

Deleted member

There is another way to get Banjo in Smash that doesn't involve Nintendo buying him out.
But it would mean that Banjo would be exclusive to the 3DS version. Despite being owned by Microsoft, they have allowed Rare to work with Nintendo on handheld titles since they themselves do not have a handheld system.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
There is another way to get Banjo in Smash that doesn't involve Nintendo buying him out.
But it would mean that Banjo would be exclusive to the 3DS version. Despite being owned by Microsoft, they have allowed Rare to work with Nintendo on handheld titles since they themselves do not have a handheld system.
Microsoft shut down that division of Rare a long time ago. I don't think they're going to allow Rare to bring it back anytime soon to be honest.

Reyson

Smash Journeyman
False, Diddy Kong Racing DS(developed by Rare for Nintendo) didn't include Banjo or Conker, due to copyright issues with Microsoft. The original DKR being the game where both of these characters debuted.

D

Deleted member

I'm pretty sure there were other reasons for Conker....
Bad reasons that would make anyone's Fur stand up and give them a horrible Day.

WishXitso

Smash Rookie
k

Hi! I'm new in this forum :D my english is bad xD

Well, i would like to see in the next Smash this characters!:

Mario saga:
-Mario
-Peach
-Luigi
-Bowser
-Geno/Rosalina

Toad is in Peach moveset :S

Yoshi saga:
-OMG Yoshi

Wario ware saga:
-Wario
-Mona (?)

Donkey Kong saga:
-Donkey Kong
-Diddy Kong
-Dixie Kong

Zelda saga:
-Link
-Zelda/Sheik
-Ganondorf
-Toon Link
-Midna/Girahim/Toon Zelda

Kirby saga:
-Kirby
-Meta Knight
-King Dedede

Metroid saga:
-Samus
-Zero Suit Samus
-Dark Samus/Ridley

Pokemon saga:
-Pikachu
-Jigglypuff
-Lucario
-PKMN Trainer
-Blaziken/Zoroark/Magikarp

StarFox saga:
-Fox
-Falco
-Krystal

F-Zero saga:
-Captain Falcon
-Samurai Goroh

Mother/EarthBound saga:
-Ness
-Lucas
-Masked Man/Kumatora

Kid Icarus saga:
-Pit
-Palutena

Pikmin saga:
-Olimar

Fire Emblem saga:
-Marth
-Ike
-Roy/Lyn

...Another sagas xD:
-Ice Climbers
-Mr Game & Watch
-Isaac
-Animal Crossing character
-Shulk
-Staffy
-Chibi Robo
-Sonic
-Snake
-Megaman/Pacman

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
No, I'm pretty Conker being removed was solely copyright reasons.

Speaking of Conker T. Squirrel, I'm still waiting for Rare to make a new Conker game or the former Rare members mentioned above making some sort of spiritual successor.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Conker and Banjo & Kazooie were actually taken out due to copyright reasons.

I don't remember if there were a VC release, but if there was, no changes were made. I believe the remake was made so they didn't have to do a VC release and pay Rare at the same time.

Anyway, interesting list, WishXitso. Could you be more specific and only choose one among those names like "Geno/Paulina".

I'm asking for a direct list, not a variable one, to rate it.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
I've heard about the old team wanting to make a spiritual successor to Banjo-Kazooie. It was the best ****ing news ever. If this game does well they really should just go back to Nintendo (if they have the choice, and willing), because Microsoft will eventually run their new IP into the ground along with Rare's other amazing IP's.

end rant.

TVpirate

Smash Rookie
Well, I am new here as well. But I want to post my ideas as well. This is probably closer to my dream roster, but I think that it could have a chance, maybe a small one but still a chance.
50 is a good number, and I really don’t like the idea of removing people from the roster, so I won’t :awesome:

Mario Series:
Mario
Luigi
Bowser
Peach
Roselina

Zelda series:
Link
Zelda/shiek
Gannondorf
Toon Link

Yoshi series:
Yoshi

Wario series:
Wario

Donkey Kong series:
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Dixie Kong
King K. Rool

Kirby series:
Kirby
King Dedede
Meta knight

Pokémon series:
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
Pokémon Trainer (Kanto edition)
Lucario
N (My idea for him is kind of a cheap way, but he would run around like pokemon trainer, and his Pokémon would be Zoroak, then his final smash would be Zeshirom/Reshirom at random)

Metroid series:
Samus/ zero suit samus
Ridley (meta Ridley as alt. costume)

Starfox series:
Fox
Falco
Wolf
Krystal

F-Zero series:
Captain Falcon
Samurai Goroh

Mother series:
Ness
Lucas

Kid Icarus series:
Pit
Palutena
Medusa

Fire Emblem series:
Marth
Ike
Krom (I always liked the idea of him being a middleweight option, and IMO he is a very likely candidate)

Ice Climber series:
Ice Climbers

Pikmin Series:
Olimar

Retro series:
Mr. Game & Watch
Takamaru
R.O.B
Little Mac

3rd Party series:
Snake
Sonic
Leon S Kennedy (It will probably be megaman, and it would be pretty cool to see him fight, but I personally would prefer Leon or Viewtaful Joe, I know it is highly unlikely)
Black Mage

Explanations: 50 character is a nice number.
The Mario series I can easily see getting another rep. I liked Roselina as a character, and I can see her make a debut here, if not her then Bowser Jr. is my next choice after her.

The Zelda series, honestly in my opinion, it has all the representation from each of the main players in the Zelda series. And there hasn’t been in my opinion someone that has really stood out, to become a reoccurring character in my opinion. Ghirahim has a lot of potential to become a recurring character, but I feel that it is too soon for him, and I have deep fears that he will become nothing more than the next Zant. If he shows up more, than I can support him in the future.

Yoshi, Wario and Kirby are all fine the way they are

In Donkey Kong, Dixie and K. Rool are the two most logical choices from the franchise, and I feel that both could make it in.

In Pokémon I feel that the return of Mewtwo is necessary, plus like I mentioned above, N with his Zoroak I feel would be another good addition.

In Metroid and F-Zero, the two I feel that are most logical and long overdue would be Ridley and Samurai Goroh. Both would be fun additions.

Star fox, I feel that the blue fox, krystal would be the best choice from the series, plus if she uses the staff from Star Fox Adventures it would add a pretty fun play style to the mix, I think

Ice Climbers, Pikmin, and the Mother (earthbound) series would all be the same.

Kid Icarus, I can see Palutena as the most likely choice, and by adding in Medusa as well. I feel that you cover the franchise as a whole pretty well.

In Fire Emblem, Like I mentioned up there, having a trio of Blue haired swordsmen that fit into each weight class (Marth-light, Krom-Medium, Ike- Heavy) sounds very cool, and very plausible to me. But if I got to pick anyone else, I would love to have Ephraim in the game.

Retro: Takamaru I can so getting in, and with the mention of him from Nintendo land, makes me think that he has a lot better shot now. Little Mac is another option that I find would be really fun idea to play as.

3rd parties: I feel and have always felt that since their introduction to Smash brothers that there should be at maximum 4. So that you could have a regular match with all 3rd party. Like I said above, I honestly would prefer Leon s. Kennedy or Viewtaful Joe to megaman, but that is just my personal preference.
Black mage just sounds to me like it would be a fun idea. (with his use of fire, ice, and lightening magic, plus add meteor as his final smash.)

And to all that talk about the assassin creed that was going on a while back, I personally can see him getting in, and see it as being a fun idea. Especially the idea that Venus of the Desert Bloom came up with (http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=324488).

D

Deleted member

Mario Series:
Mario
Luigi
Bowser
Peach
Roselina
Why Rosalina? How is she much different from Peach? Wouldn't it be easier to just make her an Alt. Costume for Peach?

Zelda series:
Link
Zelda/shiek
Gannondorf
Toon Link
No Zelda rep? Shame...

Yoshi series:
Yoshi

Wario series:
Wario

Donkey Kong series:
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Dixie Kong
King K. Rool
I can see Dixie getting in as she jad left-over data in Brawl, although I'm more of a Diddy/Dixie duo supporter. K.Rool has a lot of support.

Kirby series:
Kirby
King Dedede
Meta knight

Pokémon series:
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
Pokémon Trainer (Kanto edition)
Lucario
N (My idea for him is kind of a cheap way, but he would run around like pokemon trainer, and his Pokémon would be Zoroak, then his final smash would be Zeshirom/Reshirom at random)
Why not have N, or the Unova Trainer replace Red? (And then have Red be like a hidden boss or something in homage to GS.) And yeah, Zekrom/Reshiram FS is a given if such character made the cut.

Metroid series:
Samus/ zero suit samus
Ridley (meta Ridley as alt. costume)

Starfox series:
Fox
Falco
Wolf
Krystal
No Krystal, sorry, I'm one of those thoroughly against the character. Not to mention Palutena is very likely to make the cut, and both her and Krystal have similar combat styles. Wolf should probably be cut too, but that's just me.

F-Zero series:
Captain Falcon
Samurai Goroh

Mother series:
Ness
Lucas

Kid Icarus series:
Pit
Palutena
Medusa
I still don't understand the support for Goroh, C.Falcon is more than enough, especially since we haven't seen an F-Zero game in ages. I still think Lucas would be better off cut, and I can see 2 KI characters total, so I doubt Medusa will make the cut.

Fire Emblem series:
Marth
Ike
Krom (I always liked the idea of him being a middleweight option, and IMO he is a very likely candidate)
No qualms here, it's what everyone expects, I just hope Ike gets his Radiant Dawn getup, and not his ugly DLC costume. Also, it'd be nice to see his movepool change a bit and allow for the use of Axes. Also, if we get lucky we might get Lyn or Roy, but that's just me being hopeful.

Ice Climber series:
Ice Climbers

Pikmin Series:
Olimar

Retro series:
Mr. Game & Watch
Takamaru
R.O.B
Little Mac
Takamaru is an interesting addition I keep seeing pop up. Other than that, not much out of the mainstream. Also, thoughts on Mach Rider anyone?

3rd Party series:
Snake
Sonic
Leon S Kennedy (It will probably be megaman, and it would be pretty cool to see him fight, but I personally would prefer Leon or Viewtaful Joe, I know it is highly unlikely)
Black Mage
This is where it all goes wrong, possibly the most uninspiring 3rd parties. Would have been a decent list if not for that. I assume that by Black Mage you mean the one from FFIII? FF characters have the least chance of getting in out of all the Square Enix characters, who already have a difficult shot.

List of SE candidates:
Neku
Sho "so Zetta slow" Minamotto
Chrono
Geno
Mallow
DQ character (sorry never played a DQ game)
Sora
Riku
Kain
Cecil
Onion Knight
Everything else
I'm pretty sure I missed something, but whatever.

Also,
no Chibi Robo, or C. Rainbow, or Shulk, or Isaac, or Matthew, or Saki, or Kamek, or Bowser Jr., or Masked Link, or Roy, or Lyn?

No Namco Rep? No Travis?

Why?

TVpirate

Smash Rookie
Why Rosalina? How is she much different from Peach? Wouldn't it be easier to just make her an Alt. Costume for Peach?

Well, I haven't honestly played Super Mario Galaxy in a while, but they could always come up with a creative move set involving the fat star things that follow her around, but if she doesn't make the cut, then i support Bowser Jr.
No Zelda rep? Shame...
Personally I like how the zelda series is represented in Smash, I think it is good, but more can't hurt :)

I can see Dixie getting in as she jad left-over data in Brawl, although I'm more of a Diddy/Dixie duo supporter. K.Rool has a lot of support.

Why not have N, or the Unova Trainer replace Red? (And then have Red be like a hidden boss or something in homage to GS.) And yeah, Zekrom/Reshiram FS is a given if such character made the cut.

Well, I personally really like using red, he is one of my mains, so because I like using him I don't want to see him changed too much, I would change the time it takes to switch between though.

No Krystal, sorry, I'm one of those thoroughly against the character. Not to mention Palutena is very likely to make the cut, and both her and Krystal have similar combat styles. Wolf should probably be cut too, but that's just me.
Well, I can see your point on Krystal. I find Wolf to be a pretty fun character to use, I like him more then Fox or Falco personally, but that is me.

I still don't understand the support for Goroh, C.Falcon is more than enough, especially since we haven't seen an F-Zero game in ages. I still think Lucas would be better off cut, and I can see 2 KI characters total, so I doubt Medusa will make the cut.

I honestly support Goroh, only because I find him a funny character, and the idea of a fat guy running around wielding a samurai sword is not only funny, but I find it a bit nostalgic (Yajirobi from Dragon Ball(when he was first introduced there), also Medusa for me, is one of the people that you think of when you think of Kid Icarus. I feel that she could make the cut. And I think that they should Luigify Lucas (keep doing what they did to the clones that went from Melee to Brawl)

No qualms here, it's what everyone expects, I just hope Ike gets his Radiant Dawn getup, and not his ugly DLC costume. Also, it'd be nice to see his movepool change a bit and allow for the use of Axes. Also, if we get lucky we might get Lyn or Roy, but that's just me being hopeful.

Takamaru is an interesting addition I keep seeing pop up. Other than that, not much out of the mainstream. Also, thoughts on Mach Rider anyone?

I find Mach rider to be an interesting choice if done right, so if he makes it. I am all for it

This is where it all goes wrong, possibly the most uninspiring 3rd parties. Would have been a decent list if not for that. I assume that by Black Mage you mean the one from FFIII? FF characters have the least chance of getting in out of all the Square Enix characters, who already have a difficult shot.

List of SE candidates:
Neku
Sho "so Zetta slow" Minamotto
Chrono
Geno
Mallow
DQ character (sorry never played a DQ game)
Sora
Riku
Kain
Cecil
Onion Knight
Everything else
I'm pretty sure I missed something, but whatever.
Neku from the The World ends with you? then yes I rather have him, I find him a very interesting character, that could be done in a fun way in smash, When I was thinking of black mage, I was thinking of Final Fantasy Tactics Advance for the GBA, but he is a pretty iconic character otherwise, but I would rather have neku
Also,
no Chibi Robo, or C. Rainbow, or Shulk, or Isaac, or Matthew, or Saki, or Kamek, or Bowser Jr., or Masked Link, or Roy, or Lyn?
Issac and Bowser Jr.(I want him if Roselina, no) would be ones that I would support if they got in, I personally feel that 3 FE reps would be enough. And I would chose Ephraim over both of them, but that is me personally. I don't know enough about Shulk, C. Rainbow, or Saki, but I would mind see them either. Kamek to me would seem at most a boss in my opinion. and I personally don't see how Chibi Robo would work. but then again if you asked me about R.O.B. I wouldn't have believe that either.

No Namco Rep? No Travis?
Let's say that Square Enix didn't get a rep, then my next choice would be Lloyd Irving from Tales of Symphonia.

Travis is a very interesting idea, that I wouldn't mind seeing, just like Bayonetta.
Why?
This is honestly just my dream roster, and there are lots of characters that I feel could get in. And this is the ones that I have highest hopes for. I might be the only one, but hey a man can dream.
My responses are in bold, and thanks for taking the time to give your opinion. :)

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Personally I would actually like Black Mage in Super Smash Bros. Maybe it's because the character made some crossovers with the Mario series, or maybe it's his mysterious nature and powerful magic, or maybe it's because I love the psychotic nature of Black Mage from 8-bit Theater.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
One thing I like about Black Mage is that he'd be a read spellcaster, not a glorified Monk like Zelda and Peach are.(same with Ganondorf and Falcon, I guess)

I mean, I still expect him to use his Knife at times, though. But it could be really great. Not sure what Up B could be. Some variation of the Float spell? A summon lifting him up?

Reyson

Smash Journeyman
One thing I like about Black Mage is that he'd be a read spellcaster, not a glorified Monk like Zelda and Peach are.(same with Ganondorf and Falcon, I guess)

I mean, I still expect him to use his Knife at times, though. But it could be really great. Not sure what Up B could be. Some variation of the Float spell? A summon lifting him up?
I think the nature of Smash forces the characters to be battle-mages, I don't see a character being almost solely focused on ranged damage because you'd just have a cat&mouse between the caster getting range and the other character trying to get close. They're going to have to fight up close, I guess you could make shortrange attacks just look like fast, weaker spells but that might not be what you want.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I think the nature of Smash forces the characters to be battle-mages, I don't see a character being almost solely focused on ranged damage because you'd just have a cat&mouse between the caster getting range and the other character trying to get close. They're going to have to fight up close, I guess you could make shortrange attacks just look like fast, weaker spells but that might not be what you want.
Nice, 8-Peacock-8.

Not all spells need to be pure range. Some can be very close by, being the exact same as regular jabs, just without the extra hitbox.(as in, you can't damage Black Mage by hitting the arm, because you're hitting a spell instead)

It really works out the same as any other. Now, I could see, because of that, that he's have a very low defense, and I do like Warp as well as Float. Both work.(he could Float similar to Peach's Double Jump)

Izzet

Smash Rookie
Three Things:
First, I feel as if Fire Emblem has more to give; Nintendo isn't showing all they can do. Not only do they have every medieval weapon under the sun and awesome characters to go with them, but they also have laguz!
I would love to see four reps for Fire Emblem though that isn't likely in the slightest, but since they will most likely only add one, shouldn't a laguz be the right choice? That would even open up another place for the fatigue gimmick (lord knows how many people dislike that feature).

Second, MEGAMAN X.
We all know him as the maverick hunter with the most potential. His plotline always has him taking the many powers avaliable to him and becoming steadily stronger. So, just to put him in SSB4, he would already have to be exremely adaptable and have something similar to kirby but much, much different. That being the case, wouldn't zero be the better option? Those that follow the series already know that zero makes far better use of the equiptment he already starts with than X does. Zero represents what the maverick hunters are supposed to be far better than X imo.

Third, Sonic the speed-of-light hedgehog.
The Sonic franchise, while not too popular, has been part of the Nintendo consoles for quite a long time and that fact is well known. Shouldn't they be deserving of one more rep? Although I will admit, almost all the real Sonic fans would rather see Knucks or Shadow take the stage instead of Sonic, but since that won't be happening, those two are great options and well-known. Since Sakurai DID IN FACT put Sonic in brawl, this obviously raises all the Sonic fans' hopes for their personal favorites from the series. So if only Sonic is in SSB4, wouldn't that seriously disappoint the franchise fanbase? (I haven't played MGS so I wouldn't know how snake fans feel)

Thoughts?

D

Deleted member

How is Zelda a Glorified Monk? I don't think she even has any actual PHYSICAL moves. Not to mention, I'm pretty sure she's classified a sort of Mage in the Zelda franchise anyway.

Also, Mewtwo.

@Izzet
Three Things:
First, I feel as if Fire Emblem has more to give; Nintendo isn't showing all they can do. Not only do they have every medieval weapon under the sun and awesome characters to go with them, but they also have laguz!
I would love to see four reps for Fire Emblem though that isn't likely in the slightest, but since they will most likely only add one, shouldn't a laguz be the right choice? That would even open up another place for the fatigue gimmick (lord knows how many people dislike that feature).
4 Fire Emblem reps isn't THAT unlikely really. We were supposed to have 3 in Brawl, but Roy was cut due to time constraints. Also, Fire Emblem is one of Ninty's more important franchises. It's been around since the NES days, and it's very popular in both the East and West. Not to mention Awakening apparently prints money, given the sales. Out of all the Ninty IPs besides the Big 3, they are the most popular and have the most games.

The problem with the Laguz though, is that although interesting, they haven't been relevant in the series since Radiant Dawn. Smash takes the most iconic characters from a series. The only way we'd see a Laguz is if some game came out in the future, and the Protag Lord was a Laguz.

Second, MEGAMAN X.
We all know him as the maverick hunter with the most potential. His plotline always has him taking the many powers avaliable to him and becoming steadily stronger. So, just to put him in SSB4, he would already have to be exremely adaptable and have something similar to kirby but much, much different. That being the case, wouldn't zero be the better option? Those that follow the series already know that zero makes far better use of the equiptment he already starts with than X does. Zero represents what the maverick hunters are supposed to be far better than X imo.
I personally don't like X very much. As a character. He's too much of a generic anime protag, complete with the mandatory angst and "lolsodeep" complexity. Not to mention he only had ONE game on a Nintendo console, Classic Megaman is more Iconic, he's had 6 games on the NES, and he's got plenty to work with too. However, that's Capcom's call.

Third, Sonic the speed-of-light hedgehog.
The Sonic franchise, while not too popular, has been part of the Nintendo consoles for quite a long time and that fact is well known. Shouldn't they be deserving of one more rep? Although I will admit, almost all the real Sonic fans would rather see Knucks or Shadow take the stage instead of Sonic, but since that won't be happening, those two are great options and well-known. Since Sakurai DID IN FACT put Sonic in brawl, this obviously raises all the Sonic fans' hopes for their personal favorites from the series. So if only Sonic is in SSB4, wouldn't that seriously disappoint the franchise fanbase? (I haven't played MGS so I wouldn't know how snake fans feel)

Thoughts?
One Sonic rep is enough, no need to have more than one, 'nuff said. Also, I'd prefer Classic Sonic over that Green Eyed Abomination, but that's just me. I don't see why the Sonic fanbase would be disappointed not to have the entire furry cast of Sonic the Hedgehog take over the Smash Roster. They should be grateful that Sonic himself is even in. As a Metal Gear Fan, I'm not clamoring to have more MGS reps, like Raiden, or Grey Fox, make the cut. And MGS has tons of interesting bosses and characters, but Snake is enough. All I'd really want is ALT costumes for Snake, that way we can have a Big Boss costume, and an Old Snake costume. However, as long as Snake makes a comeback, all is well.

Also, I'm sure Sonic moves at the speed of sound and Super Sonic Speeds. As is implied by his name. He can't move at the speed of light. He's not THAT fast.

Speed of Sound at sea level = 340.29 m/s> This is 1,236 kilometres per hour (768 mph), or about one kilometer in three seconds or approximately one mile in five seconds.
The Speed of Light = 299,792,458 m/s >which is approx> 669,600,000 mph. To put this into perspective, Sunlight takes about 8 minutes 19 seconds to reach the Earth (based on the average distance). Sunlight, moves at the speed of light.

Sonic moves at the Speed of sound, with bursts of Supersonic Speed. Most DBZ fighters move at that speed as well. However, some, like Goku can travel much faster thanks to Instant Transmission, which is FASTER than SoL Travel. It's instantaneous. Which, if you've read anything about Quantum Mechanics, it's theoretically possible thanks to entanglement. But anyway, enough of the science lesson as this is off-topic.

Sonic moves at the Speed of Sound, not Light. Just thought I'd point that out.

Reyson

Smash Journeyman
4 Fire Emblem reps isn't THAT unlikely really. We were supposed to have 3 in Brawl, but Roy was cut due to time constraints. Also, Fire Emblem is one of Ninty's more important franchises. It's been around since the NES days, and it's very popular in both the East and West. Not to mention Awakening apparently prints money, given the sales. Out of all the Ninty IPs besides the Big 3, they are the most popular and have the most games.
I love Fire Emblem, but that last sentence is total bull****. Kirby is the 4th biggest franchise and I'm pretty sure Metroid comes after that. The last two Fire Emblem games (Shadow Dragon and Radiant Dawn) didn't even sell that well in the West.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I love Fire Emblem, but that last sentence is total bull****. Kirby is the 4th biggest franchise and I'm pretty sure Metroid comes after that. The last two Fire Emblem games (Shadow Dragon and Radiant Dawn) didn't even sell that well in the West.
Metroid isn't nearly as big as people think it is. It hasn't sold well in the west as of late, and it's never been popular in Japan. IMHO, Kirby and Fire Emblem are Nintendo's biggest franchises outside the "big three."

D

Deleted member

All three of you are wrong.

1. Mario
2. Pokemon
3. Wii Series
4. Legend of Zelda
5. Donkey Kong
6. Kirby
7. Super Smash Bros.
8. Nintendogs
9. Metroid
10. Star Fox
11. Animal Crossing

The Fire Emblem series has not reached at least 5 million copies sold, so it is not on this list.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
All three of you are wrong.

1. Mario
2. Pokemon
3. Wii Series
4. Legend of Zelda
5. Donkey Kong
6. Kirby
7. Super Smash Bros.
8. Nintendogs
9. Metroid
10. Star Fox
11. Animal Crossing
Well, f*** me then. Still, I don't think 4 FE reps is entirely out of the question.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Speaking of Mega Man X, I would hardly be surprised if we get that variation of Mega Man considering how biased Capcom is for the Mega Man X series. Though the classic variant is the most likely at this point due to iconic status alone.

Even if its just the classic Mega Man that's playable, I wouldn't be surprised if the other variants (Mega Man X, Mega Man Volnutt, MegaMan.EXE etc.) make cameos in stickers or trophies. I also expect that Mega Man would also borrow some attributes from the other Mega Man's too, like Mega Man X's ability to wall jump or Mega Man Volnutt's Drill Arm and Shield Arm weapons.

D

Deleted member

I agree. The sales don't determine who should get the most; it's the characters themselves.
Sure, Mario and Pokemon have the most sales, but they also have plenty of characters to work with.
Unlike the Wii Series, which if going by sales, should have the same amount as Zelda if not more, but only has one character that makes sense; the Mii. (And even then, it might not even get THAT.)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Pardon my ignorance, but I've never played a FE game. I plan on playing Awakening when I get a 3DS, so I'll probably want to hit myself for asking this later on, but...what is a Laguz?
InB4 "Lern2google"

D

Deleted member

Lurn2google. :troll: (It wasn't "lern2google", so I win)

They are people that can turn into animals.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Laguz are humanoid beings that are part human and part beast, which appear in Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance and Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn. They have the ability to transform into an animal to maximize their power, ether a dragon, bird, or beast depending on the tribe.

Also their victims of fantasy racism and occasionally crossbreed with Beorcs (the worlds equivalent of humans) to create the Branded.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Truth be told, you got to split those three up.

Banjo Kazzoie wont happen unless Nintendo gets the copyright. They are owned by a competitor.

Right now, no character is as popular as Sonic was. When looking at Megaman, he is no where near Sonic's status pre-Brawl. The fact he still gets beat by K. Rool, Ridley and Mewtwo in polls from time to time shows where he stands. I'd say his chances are very slim too. Sakurai may not even do third parties again, so there is always that.

Third party characters can't be treated the same as Nintendo characters, and Sakurai has made that clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom