• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Discussion Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I'm pretty sure Kuma has liked the idea of Shiek and Zelda being seperated since before even Diddy came on the Smash spec scene here.
Could be the case! Although I think even Kuma views Impa as synonymous with Diddy in many ways now, as I think most of us do. Either way, hurrah! (I've been a secret Impa supporter for some time now.)

volbound1700

Smash Master
I imagine some of the famous series were made originally without even a sequel in mind but were so popular a sequel was produced.

yani

Smash Lord
I'm late to the party but my Xenoblade ideal would be:
Playable Shulk and Seven
Riki as AT
Gaur Plains or Mechonis Field or both stages
All party members as trophies
Metal Face boss
The whole soundtrack for music ;)

But I'd expect:
Playable Shulk and Dunban as an AT.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Not sure if sarcasm.
Kuma isn't sarcastic on this topic. Beforehand in Impa discussion it always was Kuma and me vs SmashBoards. :laugh:

Still doesn't mean it's a bad idea at all. All your opinions on this matter just suck lolz

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I imagine some of the famous series were made originally without even a sequel in mind but were so popular a sequel was produced.
I didn't say Zelda wasn't made with sequels in mind, I'm saying they were made without a connection storyline in mind

Like Mario

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Croph mentioned the parasol earlier, and while that would be cool, it makes me think of how weird it is that a simple balloon isn't already an item. Would really fit with the whole party feeling.

volbound1700

Smash Master
I didn't say Zelda wasn't made with sequels in mind, I'm saying they were made without a connection storyline in mind

Like Mario
I never quoted you anywhere in my post. I was given my opinion and I said that many of these famous titles were likely made without even a thought of sequel. I mean Mario really didn't have a direction until Super Mario Brothers was made.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Tingle has been replaced as the latest balloon fighter

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I'm going to agree that as much as I like Balloon Fighter, he gets overshadowed on my Retro want list by Takamaru hardcore. In addition, while his character would either have to be 100% new and based almost entitely on balloons (Not really true, but it looks that way on the surface.) , Tingle has other things that can make him unique. (A random-effect spell move, a Tingle Tuner, and I dunno....maps?)

Not exactly, he does have some tough competition in two other characters. A dark lord and a time traveler.
To be fair, you could be right, but also, this has been discussed quite a bit already, today, and the overwhelming consensus seems to be that this isn't the case.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Tingle is basically Balloon Fighter+, and wasn't already shot down by Sakurai, so the answer is pretty obvious. Tingle has more of an interesting twist to him as well.

But yeah, if you just make balloons an item, you get most everything that would have made Balloon Fighter interesting without having to make him a character. Kind of like how you can get everything that makes the duck hunting dog memorable into either a stage or an Assist Trophy.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388

alt costume for mario

but my vote goes to tingle. perfect troll fighter.

D

Deleted member

Between Balloon Fighter and Tingle, I'd prefer Tingle.

I don't support Tingle, but Tingle would make for a really good successor to Pichu as a joke character, which I'd like to see again.

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
If balloon fighter doesn't make it in, I expect a level at least. I mean he got something in nintendo land. It counts for something.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
speaking of balloon items...new itewm: P-Balloon! -->

when picked up, you're character will infalte like a balloon, like from super mario, and you will be able to fly! like this:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
What happens to Kirby, Jigglypuff and King DDD?
They get jipped in the model department, and don't get anything cool! YEAH!

But seriously, their faces would have a giant "P" on them and they'd help ressurect an ancient balloon demon every time they hit or get hit.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Ideal =/= Likely

The latter is what we we're discussing. Also, I like being able to switch between the two personally. If we wanna get competitive. Shelda > Shiek or Zelda on the tier list.
You mean how, ideally, Zelda and Sheik were supposed to be used in tandem? Then it turned out that they were too polarizing of one another for any real synergy with most people playing one or the other.

Could be the case! Although I think even Kuma views Impa as synonymous with Diddy in many ways now, as I think most of us do. Either way, hurrah! (I've been a secret Impa supporter for some time now.)
When I think of Impa, I think of Impa.

With some moves inspired by Nina Williams.
Not sure if sarcasm.
100% serious on this.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
When I think of Impa, I think of Impa.

With some moves inspired by Nina Williams.

100% serious on this.
Hah! Fair enough. That'd certain be interesting, although I fully expect her to be Sheik's palate swap.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I think Oasis summed up Tingle pretty well. He beats out Balloon Fighter pretty much because he is that, and much more. (Also Balloon Fighter is a no go to begin with) And I've already expressed my views on Tingle + the rest of the LoZ contenders. I like Ghirahim, Vaati, Majora, and Midna. Just really, really, reaaaally doubt their inclusion.

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
Wolf link (maybe with midna) would have been way cool.
But brawl has past so that probably means hes missed his chance.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'm sure all would be happy to see Shiek returning and Impa as a Luigified Shiek.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Found another combo video hack. This one has a much more realistic speed for the combos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom