• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Discussion Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Not sure if serious or not.

But if so, I was referring to games like Ocarina of Time. Ganondorf would not exist without Demise, who is the reincarnation of Demise.
I get the point that Ghirahim is canonically important to the Zelda series.
But also,
But Smash has rich legacy of stomping canon into the ground.:awesome:
So I don't see him as particularly likely.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I think people are underestimating Toon Zelda's chances. She definitely wouldn't be my first choice, but as a semi-clone, who was already planned, and with Spirit Tracks and the WW remake post-Brawl, I don't think it would be unheard of if she became the fifth rep (if Zelda gets a fifth rep, which it doesn't really need).

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Oh man! Did I miss another "SWF vs. DSN" conversation? Maybe I caught the middle of it? Dude! I've gotta stop that. :(

You know we have fun going back and forth

Except Micaiah is not a Zelda character :awesome:
She may as well be, am I right? :troll: Zelda = magic, Michaiah = magic. Sounds similar enough to me. Kind of like Marth and Roy. Why don't they just fuse together, and become "Moy"?

Or we could have "Mizelda". Repping both Fire Emblem *and* Smash. Fusion characters. There's some balance for ya!

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
i just got back so...every since i joined this forums, I always wanted to get this off of my chest..

[collapse=sry if i offend any1]Fire Emblem, lik any series, haz a limited amout of slots. Marth an Ike r moist likly going to stray, hwevr, Chrom isa vry populare Lord, as wel az the most rescent 1. Chrome’s chancels are relly gud, infact I’d say hes a shoow-in. Srry to be downer, but Roy haz litle chaunce of getting in. knot only iz his gum verry old, he did nut make it inot Brawl. As such, Sakurai probaly tinks that Roi is not worthey enuff, and replced him with Ikebana. Onestly, doo you ppl think a ****ty chracter in Melee warrents an incluesion in an other Smash gyme? Naught only dat, the boi has virtually noting goin’ for him, moveset potential and all. Hesa freaking cloone! Hiss poopularity waza flake as well, as Malee is da only reeseon hes popluare, dispite sucking in Mayly and FE6...Ive played FE6, and I cann tel u that Rruoi is won uff the worst Loads, and has 0 peersonality. Even Bors, the lard arse, has more persunalty thab him. Rhonda allso has lotsa h8trs, so his pupurarity is obesity minimal. All off these raisons make Roy Mustang vry unlikely, perhaps evn impossibru.

The FE reps shuld bee: Math, Ikkey, Chum, Lucidnia, and Micaiha. This will brng da moist diversity an reprezentation amung the FE unibrow.[/collapse]

So, items? id liek to see the parasol again, like in ,e;ee. it was kinda cute when you'd float down...like marry popins
Never seen an argument so strong as this one. Croph, you have guts to expose the truth in a so well written essay. :)
Roy sucks and should never return to Smash. :glare:

D

Deleted member

I get the point that Ghirahim is canonically important to the Zelda series.
But also,

So I don't see him as particularly likely.
Fair enough. I never though Ghirahim was exactly the most likely contender for Smash 4 as I do feel as Sakurai is more likely to not add a Zelda rep than to add one. I was just arguing that Ghirahim had a chance of getting in due to his importance in Skyward Sword.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Diddy! Using my overly-ridiculous fusion idea, would you possibly accept a fusion of Ghirahim and Impa? Or Ghirahim + Tingle + Impa? (Oh man, THAT's not a good image for my overactive imagination...)

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Tingle? Not before Impa. Sorry.
Well, neither are all that likely, but, between the two, it's Tingle all the way. He's shown up in Smash already, and has his own spin-off. Which has solidified himself as an important character not only to the Zelda series, but within his own series as well. Pretty much, there's no other real choice besides Tingle

Oh man! Did I miss another "SWF vs. DSN" conversation? Maybe I caught the middle of it? Dude! I've gotta stop that. :(

She may as well be, am I right? :troll: Zelda = magic, Michaiah = magic. Sounds similar enough to me. Kind of like Marth and Roy. Why don't they just fuse together, and become "Moy"?

Or we could have "Mizelda". Repping both Fire Emblem *and* Smash. Fusion characters. There's some balance for ya!
Except their magic is different :awesome:

Zelda just knows magic, Micaiah is an actual mage. And fusion would be interesting, but in the realm of reality, that would be a no.
Yeah, but they're similar magic-wielding females. May as well cut Zelda in favor of Micaiah.
How about both with Palutena?:laugh:
Well, neither are all that likely, but, between the two, it's Tingle all the way. He's shown up in Smash already, and has his own spin-off. Which has solidified himself as an important character not only to the Zelda series, but within his own series as well. Pretty much, there's no other real choice besides Tingle
I thought we didn't work in definites? Yet you say there is no other choice but Tingle?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Miyamoto said that this would be one of the earliest games in the chronology and should explain why events in later games occurs (Ocarina of Time specifically IIRC). Skyward Sword's existence was necessary in order for the events of later Zelda games to occur.
That seems really artificial to me

I don't believe there was any necessity in explaining anything

You can pick up and play any of the zelda games without knowledge of back story

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I believe most of the series was made with no timeline in mind

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
That seems really artificial to me

I don't believe there was any necessity in explaining anything

You can pick up and play any of the zelda games without knowledge of back story
Well you know how some of the fans can/used to be... Timelines and all...

Anyway's. I do agree with N3ON though. Toon Zelda probably has a bigger chance than she get's credit for...

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Except their magic is different :awesome:

Zelda just knows magic, Micaiah is an actual mage. And fusion would be interesting, but in the realm of reality, that would be a no.
I'm gonna be honest, all there is there is a semantic difference, really.

How about both with Palutena?:laugh:
Now see, that's just getting into stuff you'll only find in creepy parts of the net. :troll:

I'm gonna be honest, all there is there is a semantic difference, really.

Now see, that's just getting into stuff you'll only find in creepy parts of the net. :troll:
1. Still, just saying. Yes it is only visual difference but I was just going into specifying each character just to say so.

2. Hey, I was only talking about the mage trio :awesome:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I believe most of the series was made with no timeline in mind
This is likely true. But they HAVE released an official timeline in Hyrule Historia, so whether we like it or not, we have a timeline.

Plus it only makes sense that Skyward Sword happens before everything else.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
I'm still pro Toon Zelda/Tetra. I feel the toon zelda games could use a second character. plus i hate Ghirahim mostly cause of his fan base. everyone else im pretty indifferent to

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I thought we didn't work in definites? Yet you say there is no other choice but Tingle?
Right, because there isn't.

Ghirahim = Midna = Majora = Non-playable

One timers usually never make the cut, with Shiek as the sole exception. Her exception is probably due to her being Zelda, and being part of Sakurai's envisioned moveset

Shiek > Impa
Due to her being Zelda, and being part of Sakurai's envisioned moveset.

If Shiek didn't leave in Brawl, which was, a great time to throw her out, she won't leave for SSB4 either. In some ways it's like saying we will get Demise instead of Ganondorf, because they slightly resemble eachother.

Tingle > Impa
Tingle's merits outweigh Impa's pretty heavily. They BOTH are reaccuring characters, but Tingle got his own franchise and is this sort of "New Balloon Fighter". He's also shown up in Melee and Brawl, like other big named Smash4 candidates Ridley and Goroh.

Tingle > All other LoZ candidates

Because of the reasons stated above. Don't know how else to put it. It's just a matter of whether or not Sakurai is down with the clown.

I'm still pro Toon Zelda/Tetra. I feel the toon zelda games could use a second character. plus i hate Ghirahim mostly cause of his fan base. everyone else im pretty indifferent to
This character is the only other character I really see giving Tingle a run for his money. Because of Brawl, mostly. Also will mention that Ghirahim may have a slight edge over Midna and Majora because of the evident lack of "shoe-ins", but still, not saying too much.

Right, because there isn't.

Ghirahim = Midna = Majora = Non-playable

One timers usually never make the cut, with Shiek as the sole exception. Her exception is probably due to her being Zelda, and being part of Sakurai's envisioned moveset

Shiek > Impa
Due to her being Zelda, and being part of Sakurai's envisioned moveset.

If Shiek didn't leave in Brawl, which was, a great time to throw her out, she won't leave for SSB4 either. In some ways it's like saying we will get Demise instead of Ganondorf, because they slightly resemble eachother.

Tingle > Impa
Tingle's merits outweigh Impa's pretty heavily. They BOTH are reaccuring characters, but Tingle got his own franchise and is this sort of "New Balloon Fighter". He's also shown up in Melee and Brawl, like other big named Smash4 candidates Ridley and Goroh.

Tingle > All other LoZ candidates

Because of the reasons stated above.

Don't know how else to put it. It's just a matter of whether or not Sakurai is down with the clown.
Impa and Ghirahim are just as likely as Tingle. And both of them would cause less of an uproar. :awesome:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
NONE EVER SPEAKS ABOUT THARJA

WHY

SHE'S SO SEXY AND SO SADISTIC. ZSS was also in Smash but the tethers killed her functionality to me.

*Bursts crying*

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Not only that, but the Master Sword is created, Demise "leaves his hatred" to haunt Link and Zelda for the rest of their ancestor's days etc. (sorry, but if you haven't played Skyward Sword yet, then that isn't my problem. It's been out for over a year now.)

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Impa and Ghirahim are just as likely as Tingle. And both of them would cause less of an uproar. :awesome:
I'm gonna be logical here and say the only uproar would come from the West, and it would be from people who are still going to buy the game anywho. I personally don't expect a LoZ rep, but any of them would be awesome, honestly.

D

Deleted member

DragonSniperNintendo said:
Impa and Ghirahim are just as likely as Tingle. And both of them would cause less of an uproar.
Ghirahim I would agree on, but Impa? Cutting Sheik for Impa would cause a ton of backlash within the community. Most people may not like the idea of Tingle getting into Smash, but I I would bet that most people would rather keep Sheik and deal with Tingle then lose a veteran that really shouldn't go for a character that simply isn't a good choice.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I'm gonna be logical here and say the only uproar would come from the West, and it would be from people who are still going to buy the game anywho. I personally don't expect a LoZ rep, but any of them would be awesome, honestly.
There would be no uproar. A mild amount of h8trs who actually wouldn't care, and like you said, would still buy the game. An uproar is a jumbo exaggeration.

Spirit Toon Zelda as an AT

She comes out of the trophy and tries to control the closest character. Causing them to get attacked by doing nothing and standing still, or by running them into stage hazards. Players can button mash to try and break free but the higher your percentage, the harder it is to get out. Once the player breaks free, she will try going after another player (potentially the same one). If you make it to 999% damage, you are most likely never gonna get out (until the AT is over or you are killed while you are under control).

Zorua101

Smash Rookie
I think they should put some gen. 5 Pokemon in it. I mean, there are plenty of Pokemon in the game, but I'd really like to play as Zorua or Zoroark. And the game needs more females - perhaps they can add Daisy or Rosalina. Blaze would be awesome for a brawl game, but she's not really the most popular Sonic character, so she probably won't make it. If they do add more Sonic characters, though, they'll almost definitely add Shadow, perhaps Amy or Tails.
Oh, Mario almost definitely won't make it this time! Samus, Fox, Kirby, Luigi, Falco, Red, Pit, Link, Zelda, Peach... none of them stand a chance! [/sarcasm] I just hope they don't take out Lucario, Ice Climbers, Yoshi, or Sonic. Quite a lot of people have been asking for Nintendo to cut the poor Ice Climbers, though, so I don't think they stand much chance now. :( The rest of them I think will probably make it.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
There would be no uproar. A mild amount of h8trs who actually wouldn't care, and like you said, would still buy the game. An uproar is a jumbo exaggeration.
It's true! I do think it depends on what your idea of an "uproar" is with a medium like the one we use. Honestly, all I mean is that there's going to be thread after thread all over the internet (even here before most active users shut them down) about how The series is going downhill!!!1111 because they decided to add Tingle. TINGLE." Various discriminatory and imflamatory remarks about aspects of Tingle would be shed, and Tingle would still be in Smash at the end of it all.

It's just internet argumentation and confusion at the end of the day, really. Same as always, but with more Tingle. KOOLOO-LIMPAH!

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I think they should put some gen. 5 Pokemon in it. I mean, there are plenty of Pokemon in the game, but I'd really like to play as Zorua or Zoroark. And the game needs more females - perhaps they can add Daisy or Rosalina. Blaze would be awesome for a brawl game, but she's not really the most popular Sonic character, so she probably won't make it. If they do add more Sonic characters, though, they'll almost definitely add Shadow, perhaps Amy or Tails.
Oh, Mario almost definitely won't make it this time! Samus, Fox, Kirby, Luigi, Falco, Red, Pit, Link, Zelda, Peach... none of them stand a chance! [/sarcasm] I just hope they don't take out Lucario, Ice Climbers, Yoshi, or Sonic. Quite a lot of people have been asking for Nintendo to cut the poor Ice Climbers, though, so I don't think they stand much chance now. :( The rest of them I think will probably make it.
Welcome to Smashboards, don't worry about any characters being cut besides maybe Lucario, PT, Sonic, Snake, ROB, Wolf, Lucas, and Ike. And that's a real big list. Really, just be afriad of Lucario, Sonic, or Snake being cut. I would also like to point out that you can love any character you wish, but be prepared for flames. Especially with Daisy, Rosalina, and Blaze being supported simply becuz vaginaz.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
*See's Impa discussion*

All I can say is that the Zelda/Sheik dynamic has not worked at all and lacks any synergy. Separate Sheik from Zelda, make her into Impa with a Sheik costume.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
I can't really tell if you're trolling or not. Anyway I would actually like Zoroark myself. probably my favorite newer Pokemon. adding a character just because they are female is a bad reason to add a character. it's frankly insulting to them actually. you don't have to worry about Yoshi or Ice Climbers getting cut. Lucario and Sonic could face the chopping block though.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
*See's Impa discussion*

All I can say is that the Zelda/Sheik dynamic has not worked at all and lacks any synergy. Separate Sheik from Zelda, make her into Impa with a Sheik costume.
Ideal =/= Likely

The latter is what we we're discussing. Also, I like being able to switch between the two personally. If we wanna get competitive. Shelda > Shiek or Zelda on the tier list.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
*See's Impa discussion*

First of all, Impa discusion and I'm not invited?

Second, this. Why is this so hard to get?

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
First of all, Impa discusion and I'm not invited?

Second, this. Why is this so hard to get?
All *I* have to say, is it looks like you finally reached some people with the Word of Impa, Diddy!

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
All *I* have to say, is it looks like you finally reached some people with the Word of Impa, Diddy!
I'm pretty sure Kuma has liked the idea of Shiek and Zelda being seperated since before even Diddy came on the Smash spec scene here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom