• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Discussion Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Everything else you said I understand where you are coming from and could see, although it would depend.

The Reyn only attacks people though relates to a lot of ATs (ones from Brawl and what can potentially happen in SSB4). There will obviously be ATs like that. He would basically be another Lyn, except not as fast but packing power attacks.

Not saying it would be him, but I think it could be.
Lyn doesn't just show up and start attacking, she does have a unique attack method. You're looking more for characters like Goroh, Saki, and Little Mac.

If you do imagine him attacking like Lyn though... that wouldn't make a whole lot of sense. Reyn doesn't really have Lyn's fighting style, he's not known for speed, critical hits, or really anything to do with how Lyn fights. Why would Sakurai pick Reyn, of all characters at his disposal, to work like Lyn, or just to be an AT in general? He doesn't really have popularity, he doesn't really fit Lyn's effect, even if it's slower (plus it would still copy her gimmick), and overall, he doesn't really have much unique-ness he could offer in an AT.

This sounds like another case of DSN bias to me. :smirk:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
It is only racist if a black person feels embarrassed that a non-black person notices something peculiar and points it out. :troll:
Well if that's the case than nothing is racists if I am that black person.

Lyn doesn't just show up and start attacking, she does have a unique attack method. You're looking more for characters like Goroh, Saki, and Little Mac.

If you do imagine him attacking like Lyn though... that wouldn't make a whole lot of sense. Reyn doesn't really have Lyn's fighting style, he's not known for speed, critical hits, or really anything to do with how Lyn fights. Why would Sakurai pick Reyn, of all characters at his disposal, to work like Lyn, or just to be an AT in general? He doesn't really have popularity, he doesn't really fit Lyn's effect, even if it's slower (plus it would still copy her gimmick), and overall, he doesn't really have much unique-ness he could offer in an AT.

This sounds like another case of DSN bias to me. :smirk:
I meant more of just an attacking AT, and Lyn was the only one that cam to mind. Reyn might not be the one picked, but he could be. Just like Riki, Sharla, Dunban, etc.

But yes, we do get together so well, don't we? :laugh:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Because Palutena and Dixie are ChronoBound's ladies. So, of COURSE their fans are legit. That whole shpeel was a rip on him, if you couldn't tell.
Oh, I thought you were just saying there wasn't anyone that wasn't attracted to Dixie Kong and what's in her non pants

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Hey guys, I have a quick question for you all that I'll explain my rationale behind in a little conspiracy theory I'm about to post, entirely non-April Fool's related: how often, over the past week, did you visit my K. Rool support thread, if at all?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well, now that Little Mac is more popular than K. Rool, I figure he lost his chance at Smash

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I meant more of just an attacking AT, and Lyn was the only one that cam to mind. Reyn might not be the one picked, but he could be. Just like Riki, Sharla, Dunban, etc.

But yes, we do get together so well, don't we? :laugh:
Ah, so once again it's: "this is what will happen" ... "this probably will happen" ... "this could happen" ... to "I want this to happen" (that's what you say next ;))

And yes, we have such similar mindsets, your arguments are always so thought-provoking, and just an overall pleasure. How I cherish them.
APRIL FOOLS.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
More like Ghirahim > Impa > Tingle > Vaati
Hardly. Don't use the pointless recency argument. Link's games have hardly affected the roster, Ghirahim won't be in at least before Impa.

EDIT: I'm serious. It's 12:45 am on 2nd April in my time zone.

Hey guys, I have a quick question for you all that I'll explain my rationale behind in a little conspiracy theory I'm about to post, entirely non-April Fool's related: how often, over the past week, did you visit my K. Rool support thread, if at all?
I take credit for bumping it. :awesome:

Ah, so once again it's: "this is what will happen" ... "this probably will happen" ... "this could happen" ... to "I want this to happen" (that's what you say next ;))

And yes, we have such similar mindsets, your arguments are always so thought-provoking, and just an overall pleasure. How I cherish them.
APRIL FOOLS.
Oh you know you would miss me if I left :smirk:

How many games have Tingle and Vaati been in compared to Ghirahim?

And yet, Ghirahim is somehow more important to Zelda and Nintendo than those two?
Importance? Debatable

Popularity is pretty big among all 3 though

Who is to say Tingle or Vaati get chosen? Who is to say it would be any of those 4?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
16 times.

Once today.
Twice Friday.
Once Thursday.
Five times on Wednesday.
Seven times on Tuesday.

Thank you browser history.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
He would get in before Vaati and Tingle
If he makes another appearance, I can see him getting in before Vaati.

Tingle is overall more important to Zelda than Ghirahim.

He has been in:
Majora's Mask
Wind Waker
Oracle of Seasons
Oracle of Ages
Tingle's Rosy RupeeLand
Tingle's Love Balloon Flight (or something like that)
Skyward Sword (Cameo)

He is Link's Yoshi. :awesome:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I was wondering why I've always had a desire to ride on his back when playing zelda

D

Deleted member

How many games have Tingle and Vaati been in compared to Ghirahim?

And yet, Ghirahim is somehow more important to Zelda and Nintendo than those two?
Quality of appearance over quantity my friend.

The reason why Ghirahim stands out above other one-shots is because of his highly important role in Skyward Sword. His game sets in chain in motion of all Zelda games to come. Without Ghirahim, events like Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess would not exist.

He's not likely to get in Smash, but I'd say he's pretty important to the franchise.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Quality of appearance over quantity my friend.

The reason why Ghirahim stands out above other one-shots is because of his highly important role in Skyward Sword. His game sets in chain in motion of all Zelda games to come. Without Ghirahim, events like Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess would not exist.

He's not likely to get in Smash, but I'd say he's pretty important to the franchise.
They were just as believably existing before Skyward Sword was ever made

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

The Black mage

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2492-4215-1228
I still have yet to wonder what exact info Sakurai will put up soon.

Oh, and that monterny jack tasted SO AWSOME!

D

Deleted member

They were just as believably existing before Skyward Sword was ever made
Miyamoto said that this would be one of the earliest games in the chronology and should explain why events in later games occurs (Ocarina of Time specifically IIRC). Skyward Sword's existence was necessary in order for the events of later Zelda games to occur.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
About ten times I'd say. Too scared to go view this computer's history. :awesome:

Not really, but the Skyward Sword one still stands :awesome:
It works about as well as the Twilight Princess one did for Midna. At least those (TP and Brawl) were both on the same system, and only originally planned to be a year apart.

Oh you know you would miss me if I left :smirk:

I mean, yeah, sure, of course. :smirk:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Miyamoto said that this would be one of the earliest games in the chronology and should explain why events in later games occurs (Ocarina of Time specifically IIRC). Skyward Sword's existence was necessary in order for the events of later Zelda games to occur.
Neither Tingle nor Vaati are in that game, so Ghirahim definitely isn't necessary. :troll:

D

Deleted member

Neither Tingle nor Vaati are in that game, so Ghirahim definitely isn't necessary. :troll:
Not sure if serious or not.

But if so, I was referring to games like Ocarina of Time. Ganondorf would not exist without Demise, who is the reincarnation of Demise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom