• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Discussion Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
i really do hap we get notched ear pichu for Sm4sh. it has awesome pokeathlon stats which will help it be tronger than in melee

shulk is awesome too. i wish i can get my hands on a cipy of his game :/ how much does ot go for? i heard its 100$?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
On Ebay, it's about $100 used. I haven't checked Amazon yet.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Time to talk about Xenoblade characters, ATs, trophies, stickers, music, and stages
It's kind of hard to predict exactly what we're gonna get (other than playable Shulk) until we know more about X. :ohwell:

Disregarding X, I'd guess the AT (if Xenoblade gets an AT) would be Riki. Fiora would be my second guess. My guess for the stage would be Gaur Plain, but it really could be any number of iconic places. The trophies would be the party, the more important NPCs, and some of the bosses most likely. Too many good songs to list, so as long as we got a good handful of them, I'll be satisfied.

On Ebay, it's about $100 used. I haven't checked Amazon yet.
It's times like these I wish I hadn't accidentally stepped on the box. :facepalm:
Game is still ok though...

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
It's sort of funny. There's like six people bidding on this one that has everything, except the game disc. They should've read the fine print, it's up to seventy bucks! :laugh:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
This is reminding me to pick up two copies of Pandora's Tower. For when it most likely becomes very valuable. Or I step on one copy. :laugh::urg:

It's sort of funny. There's like six people bidding on this one that has everything, except the game disc. They should've read the fine print, it's up to seventy bucks! :laugh:
Not surprising considering people bid on cardboard gamepads. :troll::rolleyes:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Y'know what? I haven't been to my local Gamestop, like, ever. It was built like three years ago, and there are practically no non-casual Nintendo fans where I live. Imagine if they had a copy laying around by chance? That'd be sweet.

...a guy can dream, alright?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Y'know what? I haven't been to my local Gamestop, like, ever. It was built like three years ago, and there are practically no non-casual Nintendo fans where I live. Imagine if they had a copy laying around by chance? That'd be sweet.

...a guy can dream, alright?
This is why small towns scare me. :laugh:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
That, and everyone knows everyone. But eh, I tend to like the small-town atmosphere. It's cozy.

...And it helps in times like this.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I can't say I know all but a handful of neighbors in my town. Everyone's boring in my hometown.

It's kind of hard to predict exactly what we're gonna get (other than playable Shulk) until we know more about X. :ohwell:

Disregarding X, I'd guess the AT (if Xenoblade gets an AT) would be Riki. Fiora would be my second guess. My guess for the stage would be Gaur Plain, but it really could be any number of iconic places. The trophies would be the party, the more important NPCs, and some of the bosses most likely. Too many good songs to list, so as long as we got a good handful of them, I'll be satisfied.
Xenoblade will take the spot regardless I believe, unless they want to advertise X. If not, DLC or the next game could see something from the game.

Shulk would be the character, and I feel Reyn would be the Assist Trophy. If they got a second one, either Dunban or Riki (maybe Fiora but I could also see her as a character on the roster, if they did two or if there was a DLC one [the most likely of the two]). If so, maybe as her Mechon self.

Sharla's sniper rifle (whichever one they would go with, probably Gado's) for an item. It would be a longer ranged blaster, as the normal blaster could have its range reduced.

Metal Face would most likely be the boss, and like you said, all of the important cast (party, NPC, bosses, weapons, items) would be trophies and stickers.

When it comes to stages, I could see around two. Gaur Plain would be interesting, other good choices being Eryth Sea, Prison Island, Mechonis Field, and Sword Valley.

Music? Just put all of it. No questions asked.......just all of it.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't know any of my neighbors. No one I know lives in walking distance

Reyn would come out of the AT, attack the players, and make his remarks (Shulk based ones as well if he is in the battle)

Reyn would be the new Lyn

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Who the hell is Reyn and why would he deserve to be in the same comic as Finn?

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
Sso you wanna know what the best game is ever, that ET: The Extra Terrestrial game for atari, it's so good, they barried it in a desert.

Why haven't I thought of anime characters, they would be awesome, goku and naruto for sm4sh

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Xenoblade will take the spot regardless I believe, unless they want to advertise X. If not, DLC or the next game could see something from the game.
They're not going to just ignore X. It's likely going to receive a lot more official promotion than Xenoblade did, and it wouldn't be surprising if it sold better either (therefore more people know about it). Plus Sakurai will know about X before content stops being added to Smash, they don't need to make it DLC.

Shulk would be the character, and I feel Reyn would be the Assist Trophy. If they got a second one, either Dunban or Riki (maybe Fiora but I could also see her as a character on the roster, if they did two or if there was a DLC one [the most likely of the two]). If so, maybe as her Mechon self.
It could be anyone from the party, but Riki has the most popularity in Japan, and Monolith has used him in promotion a bit over there. I personally think the protagonist from X has a better chance, especially with the mechs and everything, but from Xenoblade, I think Riki stands the best shot.

Sharla's sniper rifle (whichever one they would go with, probably Gado's) for an item. It would be a longer ranged blaster, as the normal blaster could have its range reduced.
Sakurai would probably just go with a generic sniper then. Sharla's is no where iconic enough to really stand out, in general or to Sakurai, compared to other items/objects/weapons from Nintendo. Xenoblade most likely won't get an item.

Metal Face would most likely be the boss, and like you said, all of the important cast (party, NPC, bosses, weapons, items) would be trophies and stickers.
If we get a Xenoblade boss.

When it comes to stages, I could see around two. Gaur Plain would be interesting, other good choices being Eryth Sea, Prison Island, Mechonis Field, and Sword Valley.
It really could be any number of places, Gaur Plain is just one of the iconic and more well-known locations, it was used a lot in promotion and pre-release pics. We probably won't get two stages though, especially not both from Xenoblade. It really isn't "big" enough, and generally series new to Smash don't get a second stage, especially with only a single character (which it will be, there aren't going to be two Xenoblade/X characters).

Music? Just put all of it. No questions asked.......just all of it.
Yup.

Ruthy

Smash Apprentice
You know, I'd love Rayman to be in Smash 4, since his new title is Wii U exclusive and all.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I have one reason as to why I'll be sad when I leave college. A lot of U.S. universities will be offering Pokemon courses in the fall. I really wanted to take Human and Pokemon Dynamics with Oak.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
We're getting some BIG news on Pokerman this Saturday. I'm ready. It will probably show off the mascot, or AT LEAST reveal Slyveon's type

D

Deleted member

Guys, Impa should totally replace Sheik in the next Smash Bros. After all, relevance is all that matters!

(....I effing HATE April Fool's. Another day to stay off the forum.)

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
To be clear, nobody said relevance is the only thing that matters. They just believe its one of many important factors.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Looking at that video again, I realized there would need to be a couple of things needed to change for these kind of combos to actually work in Smash.

1. Damage is scaled. Something like Tekken where the first attack does 120% of its value, but other attacks do values like 60% and lower and lower as the combo gets longer. Throws always do 100% of its damage value.
2. Knockback is not scaled during damage scaling - meaning knockback isn't reduced in combos, but damage will. This is mostly to prevent infinites and combos from being too long in general.
3. No grabbing during hitstun or blockstun.
4. Only certain grabs can get aerial characters, even in hitstun.

D

Deleted member

Guys, Impa should totally replace Sheik in the next Smash Bros. After all, recentess is all that matters!

(....I effing HATE April Fool's. Another day to stay off the forum.)
This is what people mean when they use "recentness". Its just that people use "relevance" either due to ignorance or because it would "boost" their credibility for an opinion.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
To get on a more serious note, let's talk items. Now, I know that a majority of you probably don't use items, but bear with me. Which new items would you like to see in SSB4?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
To get on a more serious note, let's talk items. Now, I know that a majority of you probably don't use items, but bear with me. Which new items would you like to see in SSB4?
How about a Deku Leaf?

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
i just got back so...every since i joined this forums, I always wanted to get this off of my chest..

[collapse=sry if i offend any1]Fire Emblem, lik any series, haz a limited amout of slots. Marth an Ike r moist likly going to stray, hwevr, Chrom isa vry populare Lord, as wel az the most rescent 1. Chrome’s chancels are relly gud, infact I’d say hes a shoow-in. Srry to be downer, but Roy haz litle chaunce of getting in. knot only iz his gum verry old, he did nut make it inot Brawl. As such, Sakurai probaly tinks that Roi is not worthey enuff, and replced him with Ikebana. Onestly, doo you ppl think a ****ty chracter in Melee warrents an incluesion in an other Smash gyme? Naught only dat, the boi has virtually noting goin’ for him, moveset potential and all. Hesa freaking cloone! Hiss poopularity waza flake as well, as Malee is da only reeseon hes popluare, dispite sucking in Mayly and FE6...Ive played FE6, and I cann tel u that Rruoi is won uff the worst Loads, and has 0 peersonality. Even Bors, the lard arse, has more persunalty thab him. Rhonda allso has lotsa h8trs, so his pupurarity is obesity minimal. All off these raisons make Roy Mustang vry unlikely, perhaps evn impossibru.

The FE reps shuld bee: Math, Ikkey, Chum, Lucidnia, and Micaiha. This will brng da moist diversity an reprezentation amung the FE unibrow.[/collapse]

So, items? id liek to see the parasol again, like in ,e;ee. it was kinda cute when you'd float down...like marry popins

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
if Sonic returns, Dummy Rings

you can use it as a melee weapon or throw it to stun your opponent

or something, I dunno, I just made it up

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Hey, you guys! Sakurai tweeted me this morning. He told me that SSB4 will be called Uproar because of Wii U and how it will cause an uproar when he unveils Duck Hunt Dog, Waluigi, Tingle, Impa, and Bad Box Art Mega Man as the first newcomers this coming E3!

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
i just got back so...every since i joined this forums, I always wanted to get this off of my chest..

[collapse=sry if i offend any1]Fire Emblem, lik any series, haz a limited amout of slots. Marth an Ike r moist likly going to stray, hwevr, Chrom isa vry populare Lord, as wel az the most rescent 1. Chrome’s chancels are relly gud, infact I’d say hes a shoow-in. Srry to be downer, but Roy haz litle chaunce of getting in. knot only iz his gum verry old, he did nut make it inot Brawl. As such, Sakurai probaly tinks that Roi is not worthey enuff, and replced him with Ikebana. Onestly, doo you ppl think a ****ty chracter in Melee warrents an incluesion in an other Smash gyme? Naught only dat, the boi has virtually noting goin’ for him, moveset potential and all. Hesa freaking cloone! Hiss poopularity waza flake as well, as Malee is da only reeseon hes popluare, dispite sucking in Mayly and FE6...Ive played FE6, and I cann tel u that Rruoi is won uff the worst Loads, and has 0 peersonality. Even Bors, the lard arse, has more persunalty thab him. Rhonda allso has lotsa h8trs, so his pupurarity is obesity minimal. All off these raisons make Roy Mustang vry unlikely, perhaps evn impossibru.

The FE reps shuld bee: Math, Ikkey, Chum, Lucidnia, and Micaiha. This will brng da moist diversity an reprezentation amung the FE unibrow.[/collapse]

So, items? id liek to see the parasol again, like in ,e;ee. it was kinda cute when you'd float down...like marry popins
You have finally revealed your true self. :troll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom