• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Discussion Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I know man, Genesect is the only purple poke we need.
I get the feeling this entire day is going to be like this.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
You know what? I have seen the light at long last, fellow Smashers.

Ridley is simply too big. He can't be in Smash 4 as a playable character as proven by his appearance in Brawl as a boss.
I also recognized how Baby Daisy and Adeleine are important and iconic to their franchises. They also have a large fanbase each, proving their immense popularity not only in Japan, but in the Western world, including North America, Europe and Australia.

Other widely known characters that should be in Smash 4 are Kammy Koopa and Dunsparce.

Mewtwo and Roy were clearly removed in Brawl because they simply are unimportant to their series and their popularity is lacking. Sakurai has said that a character must be popular and be unique, something that neither Mewtwo nor Roy are. Such uninspired characters have NO place in Smash.

Ove

Smash Journeyman
Every game daisy has been in has also included toad, boo, and shy guy. Does that mean smash should also get these characters? Totaling 11 from the mario universe and 8 exclusive to mario games.

Daisy is not getting in because Mario has enough reps. This will be my only response to this topic.
Are you serious? You throw out a really bad argument and finish with "This will be my only response." That is cute.

I haven't said that Toad is a worse candidate than Daisy. Toad should be in Smash as well. But Boo and Shy Guy are just generic enemies, in contrast to Daisy, who is an actual unique one-of-a-kind character.

Can you make a moveset for Daisy? :smirk: ;)
Yes, just throw in some athletic moves mixed with some flower power.

Why is Daisy a retro?
Super Mario Land.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Hey guys, what's going on in this thread? Everyone's acting like they never would normally! Pretty crazy, huh?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Hey guys, what's going on in this thread? Everyone's acting like they never would normally! Pretty crazy, huh?
Not at all! What makes you think that?

I have seen the light at long last and reformed my views on who should be in Smash 4.

My newly supported newcomers are: Dunsparce (Pokémon), Kammy Koopa (Paper Mario), Baby Daisy (Mario Kart Wii), Mimicutie (Kid Icarus: Uprising), Adeleine (Kirby 64) and Gheb (Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones)

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
What is ignorance?

Is it IGN?

What is IGN?

Is it I Gee N?

What is N?

Is it N, as in "In?"

I feel so wasted...

Is double posting appropriate today?

No?

Ah well, I was never good at maths anyway.

*Takes another drink*

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Today may be April Fools Day, but I've already mentioned that this is not the thread for off-topic talk. I'd suggest finding a different place to bring up April Fools stuff.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
:150: Aw, come on, M&S, think about how excited we are that it finally came!
The best part is that you don't know if I'm serious or not. :troll:
:100:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
People are changing unpredictably, especially Habanero.
Me? Changing? What on earth are you talking about?

Mewtwo and Roy were clearly removed in Brawl because they simply are unimportant to their series and their popularity is lacking. Sakurai has said that a character must be popular and be unique, something that neither Mewtwo nor Roy are. Such uninspired characters have NO place in Smash.
Nooooo, they were removed with no justice. Why were they removed from that game it makes no sense! They need to return because I won't buy the game if they don't return! I'll boycott the next game if my favorite characters don't return! D:

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
boycott the game over two characters? especially over **** characters like mewtwo and roy? blasphemy

people need to let go of the nostalgia goggles and get over themselves, just because they were in melee doesnt mean sakurai is going to give a **** about them now

theyre HORRIBLE characters. stop wanting horrible characters, dammit

zoroark and chrom are gonna replace them anyway, and they represent their series way better than those two losers. nintendos gonna generate far more profit from them from the casual crowd than some lame forgotten veterans that nobody cares about. so no use in whining over spilled milk

sakurai cut them for a reason, they shouldnt have even been in melee in the first place

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yeah, you roy and mewtwo supporters are dumb and aren't fans of Nintendo if you like dumb characters

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
This roster....

No chance. No way. I won't say it, no no.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
ichigo? ew

if they wanted to put in an anime character, at least put in death the kid from soul eater

but bleach? might as well put in ****ing naruto

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Saw this and just had to share it. Really good chance this is an April Fool's joke, but I want this to be true. If it weren't for the 0-death combos, this would be amazing.
Despite this, it comes to show you that Marvel/Guilty Gear type combos don't seem all that out of place in Smash.

I didn't see any Marvel though.
The thread is a lie.
Everything is lies. EVERYTHING IS LIES!

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
That rendition of Murasamejou reminds me of REBECCA, an 80's J-Pop group.

FourStar

Smash Ace
Yeah, you roy and mewtwo supporters are dumb and aren't fans of Nintendo if you like dumb characters
Yeah they sucked but sakurai could easily make them better. I'm not saying i want them back if they came back that would still be cool. Don't see any chances they will come back though.....

Ove

Smash Journeyman
Saw this and just had to share it. Really good chance this is an April Fool's joke, but I want this to be true. If it weren't for the 0-death combos, this would be amazing.
Despite this, it comes to show you that Marvel/Guilty Gear type combos don't seem all that out of place in Smash.

I didn't see any Marvel though.

Everything is lies. EVERYTHING IS LIES!
Reminded me of this:

L-cancel anything. TAS. Made by antdgar.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Well, for starters, Shulk as a character. I really do like the music from the game. It's a shame it costs so much; I'd love to play it.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I hate it when people want Super Smash Bros. to be a very competitive game and want incredibly hard advance techniques in it to alienate the people that like fun. You low brow people with your no items, Fox only, Final Destination rules that makes the game dull as all hell. There is a reason why real men play with items, because it's fun!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I've never played it (Xenoblade) and it didn't look that interesting to me

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I hate it when people want Super Smash Bros. to be a very competitive game and want incredibly hard advance techniques in it to alienate the people that like fun. You low brow people with your no items, Fox only, Final Destination rules that makes the game dull as all hell. There is a reason why real men play with items, because it's fun!
A strange mix of sarcasm and truth. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom