• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Discussion Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
[collapse=sry if i offend any1]Fire Emblem, lik any series, haz a limited amout of slots. Marth an Ike r moist likly going to stray, hwevr, Chrom isa vry populare Lord, as wel az the most rescent 1. Chrome’s chancels are relly gud, infact I’d say hes a shoow-in. Srry to be downer, but Roy haz litle chaunce of getting in. knot only iz his gum verry old, he did nut make it inot Brawl. As such, Sakurai probaly tinks that Roi is not worthey enuff, and replced him with Ikebana. Onestly, doo you ppl think a ****ty chracter in Melee warrents an incluesion in an other Smash gyme? Naught only dat, the boi has virtually noting goin’ for him, moveset potential and all. Hesa freaking cloone! Hiss poopularity waza flake as well, as Malee is da only reeseon hes popluare, dispite sucking in Mayly and FE6...Ive played FE6, and I cann tel u that Rruoi is won uff the worst Loads, and has 0 peersonality. Even Bors, the lard arse, has more persunalty thab him. Rhonda allso has lotsa h8trs, so his pupurarity is obesity minimal. All off these raisons make Roy Mustang vry unlikely, perhaps evn impossibru.

The FE reps shuld bee: Math, Ikkey, Chum, Lucidnia, and Micaiha. This will brng da moist diversity an reprezentation amung the FE unibrow.[/collapse]
Sounded like a good argument to me :troll:

They're not going to just ignore X. It's likely going to receive a lot more official promotion than Xenoblade did, and it wouldn't be surprising if it sold better either (therefore more people know about it). Plus Sakurai will know about X before content stops being added to Smash, they don't need to make it DLC.

It could be anyone from the party, but Riki has the most popularity in Japan, and Monolith has used him in promotion a bit over there. I personally think the protagonist from X has a better chance, especially with the mechs and everything, but from Xenoblade, I think Riki stands the best shot.

Sakurai would probably just go with a generic sniper then. Sharla's is no where iconic enough to really stand out, in general or to Sakurai, compared to other items/objects/weapons from Nintendo. Xenoblade most likely won't get an item.

If we get a Xenoblade boss.

It really could be any number of places, Gaur Plain is just one of the iconic and more well-known locations, it was used a lot in promotion and pre-release pics. We probably won't get two stages though, especially not both from Xenoblade. It really isn't "big" enough, and generally series new to Smash don't get a second stage, especially with only a single character (which it will be, there aren't going to be two Xenoblade/X characters).

Yup.
They won't ignore it, but chances are it won't come out before Smash 4. Unless they pull a Roy, chances are it would be Xenoblade. Popularity and new up and coming Nintendo IP and company.

Yes, it could be anyone. I think Reyn because of his popularity as well.

It would be a special way of adding more Xenoblade content. Sharla is PROBABLY the one who could work for an item.

Metal Face is interesting enough character to be a boss. Also I would assume way more bosses are added.

Most likely only one, but it is possible for at least a second or so.l Even if with DLC. There are single repped series that sometimes have gotten more than one stage.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Hey, you guys! Sakurai tweeted me this morning. He told me that SSB4 will be called Uproar because of Wii U and how it will cause an uproar when he unveils Duck Hunt Dog, Waluigi, Tingle, Impa, and Bad Box Art Mega Man as the first newcomers this coming E3!
I can tell that ol' :diddy: would love this. :troll:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
To get on a more serious note, let's talk items. Now, I know that a majority of you probably don't use items, but bear with me. Which new items would you like to see in SSB4?
I expect mountable items/entities to be a big deal. I kind of feel Wario's bike was a test for that, and it's also something that was a bit prevalent in Uprising. Perhaps I should know better than that though, since some characters may not have a BODY SHAPE to lend to that sort of interaction. Such as ROB. Though seeing him cling desperately to, say, Rambi's back while trying not to fall off may be a charming WORKAROUND. Kuribo's Shoe, maybe a little Arwing... It's a simple concept with a lot of fun options.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
To get on a more serious note, let's talk items. Now, I know that a majority of you probably don't use items, but bear with me. Which new items would you like to see in SSB4?
I'd like to see more items that were originally real-life objects, like the Super Scope. I think the Ultra Hand, Chiritori (the vacuum), and the Light Gun could be interesting items.

i just got back so...every since i joined this forums, I always wanted to get this off of my chest..

[collapse=sry if i offend any1]Fire Emblem, lik any series, haz a limited amout of slots. Marth an Ike r moist likly going to stray, hwevr, Chrom isa vry populare Lord, as wel az the most rescent 1. Chrome’s chancels are relly gud, infact I’d say hes a shoow-in. Srry to be downer, but Roy haz litle chaunce of getting in. knot only iz his gum verry old, he did nut make it inot Brawl. As such, Sakurai probaly tinks that Roi is not worthey enuff, and replced him with Ikebana. Onestly, doo you ppl think a ****ty chracter in Melee warrents an incluesion in an other Smash gyme? Naught only dat, the boi has virtually noting goin’ for him, moveset potential and all. Hesa freaking cloone! Hiss poopularity waza flake as well, as Malee is da only reeseon hes popluare, dispite sucking in Mayly and FE6...Ive played FE6, and I cann tel u that Rruoi is won uff the worst Loads, and has 0 peersonality. Even Bors, the lard arse, has more persunalty thab him. Rhonda allso has lotsa h8trs, so his pupurarity is obesity minimal. All off these raisons make Roy Mustang vry unlikely, perhaps evn impossibru.

The FE reps shuld bee: Math, Ikkey, Chum, Lucidnia, and Micaiha. This will brng da moist diversity an reprezentation amung the FE unibrow.[/collapse]
I honestly have a tougher time reading some people's normal posts than this. :p

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I'd imagine Diddy Kong hating the idea of Impa. Don't know why considering that Impa would be the perfect replacement for Sheik considering that character is irrelevant. I'm pretty sure everyone can agree with me.

(Also, what's a Xenoblade?)

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
They should introduce a blue shell which hits the player leading the match, even if it's the same player who used it.

Jokes aside, I want the red shell to return.

I'd imagine Diddy Kong hating the idea of Impa. Don't know why considering that Impa would be the perfect replacement for Sheik considering that character is irrelevant. I'm pretty sure everyone can agree with me.

This is a Xenoblade :awesome:

They should introduce a blue shell which hits the player leading the match, even if it's the same player who used it.

Jokes aside, I want the red shell to return.
A blue shell should actually be added, and just like that, as it is the best way to represent Mario Kart

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik

Who said it was Skyward Sword Impa? :troll:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Oracle of Seasons and Oracle of Ages are relevant. They will be coming out on 3DS eShop this year. :smirk:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I totally want Waluigi and Dr.Mario in. No need to stay in the closet anymore.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
So uh, I say it, Lip shouldn't be in. There's already representators on Panel De Pon and that's Yoshi and Pikachu.

Also she's just too young, she'll attract the loli pedophile crowd to Smash Bros, something Nintendo doesn't wish to get involved with.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
They won't ignore it, but chances are it won't come out before Smash 4. Unless they pull a Roy, chances are it would be Xenoblade. Popularity and new up and coming Nintendo IP and company.
Unless Smash gets released a lot earlier than people expect it to, X will likely be out first. Xenoblade came out roughly a year after it was first shown, so it wouldn't be too unrealistic to expect X to release sometime in the first half of 2014, if not earlier. Smash likely won't be ready to release (or Nintendo will hold it til) late 2014. In any case, I wasn't talking about a playable character, I was referring mostly to overall content. It won't just be from Xenoblade if X is in fact directly related.

Yes, it could be anyone. I think Reyn because of his popularity as well.
Reyn is actually one of the less popular ones IIRC. Riki, Melia, Fiora, Shulk, and Dunban are all more popular than him. In Japan at least. Plus your idea of how his AT would work ("He attacks people") could apply to literally anyone who knows how to attack, Reyn really doesn't have something so unique about him that would outweigh his mediocre comparative popularity.

It would be a special way of adding more Xenoblade content. Sharla is PROBABLY the one who could work for an item.
Yeah, adding an item from any series would be a "special" way of adding more content. Xenoblade doesn't get priority over series with actual iconic, well-known, or unique items. It's a sniper rifle. It's not that special. Sakurai isn't going to give it a second thought. And technically all their weapons could work as items, not just Sharla, but... there's not much point.

Metal Face is interesting enough character to be a boss. Also I would assume way more bosses are added.
So are many other characters from many other series. I don't think you understand that Xenoblade isn't going to get any sort of preferential treatment, Sakurai usually does things pretty equally for series he has nothing to do with. Sure, Metal Face could be a boss, but I wouldn't say it's particularly likely. And why assume we'll get way more bosses? Do you think the Adventure Mode is going to be that much longer than the SSE? It's probably not.

There are single repped series that sometimes have gotten more than one stage.
Not new to the series series. Plus in Melee every returning series had two new stages, except Mario, and that pattern didn't carry over to Brawl, so there's no guarantee it'll carry over to SSB4 either.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
But she wouldn't make sense with Skyward Sword Zelda :smirk:
She wouldn't make sense period. Shiek makes so little sense, just come to expect it now. She didn't even appear in TP and still showed up with TP Zelda.

Thereis no difference between Brawl's inclusion and Smash4's inclusion in terms of Shiek being playable.

Also she's just too young, she'll attract the loli pedophile crowd to Smash Bros, something Nintendo doesn't wish to get involved with.
Known fact, scientifically proven: If you like girl characters, it's because they have vagina's you lust after. Except for Palutena and Dixie Kong, for some reason.

true Shortie

never got why just black people got stuck with fried chicken/Kool-Aid but that's a discussion for another thread
I believe the actual frying of the chicken may have been thought up / widely used by black people? I know I read somewhere that slaves would fry chicken because it kept better for their lunches. Yeah frying chicken was popular cuisine in west Africa for a long time. Guess it translated over to Southern America.

inb4racist.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Fried chicken is ok, but it's not my favorite thing ever.

If I had to choose between it and something else, I'd most likely choose the other thing

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Known fact, scientifically proven: If you like girl characters, it's because they have vagina's you lust after. Except for Palutena and Dixie Kong, for some reason.
so what hapends if your a girl and like male characters?

on tropic questions: for zelda reps, who has a biger chance, tingle or graham?

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
So uh, I say it, Lip shouldn't be in. There's already representators on Panel De Pon and that's Yoshi and Pikachu.

So are you taking her off of your sig and replacing her with someone else?

Reyn is actually one of the less popular ones IIRC. Riki, Melia, Fiora, Shulk, and Dunban are all more popular than him. In Japan at least. Plus your idea of how his AT would work ("He attacks people") could apply to literally anyone who knows how to attack, Reyn really doesn't have something so unique about him that would outweigh his mediocre comparative popularity.
Everything else you said I understand where you are coming from and could see, although it would depend.

The Reyn only attacks people though relates to a lot of ATs (ones from Brawl and what can potentially happen in SSB4). There will obviously be ATs like that. He would basically be another Lyn, except not as fast but packing power attacks.

Not saying it would be him, but I think it could be.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Damn, I really wanna see how Sheik looks like in Smash 4.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Sheik will probably look just like Smash 3 but with better graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom