• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Discussion Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zorua101

Smash Rookie
I can't really tell if you're trolling or not. Anyway I would actually like Zoroark myself. probably my favorite newer Pokemon. adding a character just because they are female is a bad reason to add a character. it's frankly insulting to them actually. you don't have to worry about Yoshi or Ice Climbers getting cut. Lucario and Sonic could face the chopping block though.
I'm not trolling, just stating my opinion. I'm also not saying they should add those characters just because they're female. If they were in brawl, their attacks would be just plain awesome. The sonic character's final smashes would obviously be their super forms, like Sonic in brawl, Daisy's would be something powerful involving flowers, and Rosalina's final smash would be something like Pit's or Dedede's, only with those star things (I think they're called Lumas?) instead of angels or waddle-dees/waddle-doos/gordos or whatever they're called. I would really enjoy using those final smashes. ^^

Zorua101

Smash Rookie
Welcome to Smashboards, don't worry about any characters being cut besides maybe Lucario, PT, Sonic, Snake, ROB, Wolf, Lucas, and Ike. And that's a real big list. Really, just be afriad of Lucario, Sonic, or Snake being cut. I would also like to point out that you can love any character you wish, but be prepared for flames. Especially with Daisy, Rosalina, and Blaze being supported simply becuz vaginaz.
As I said to the other person, I'm not supporting them just because they're female, I'm supporting them because they would be powerful characters. Also, you didn't have to put it that way... -.- Why must people on the internet be such perverts? Jeez...

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
I'm not trolling, just stating my opinion. I'm also not saying they should add those characters just because they're female. If they were in brawl, their attacks would be just plain awesome. The sonic character's final smashes would obviously be their super forms, like Sonic in brawl, Daisy's would be something powerful involving flowers, and Rosalina's final smash would be something like Pit's or Dedede's, only with those star things (I think they're called Lumas?) instead of angels or waddle-dees/waddle-doos/gordos or whatever they're called. I would really enjoy using those final smashes. ^^
yeah i wouldnt bet on Rosalina or Daisy. just sayin. and its also pretty doubtful we'll get anymore Sonic characters.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
As I said to the other person, I'm not supporting them just because they're female, I'm supporting them because they would be powerful characters. Also, you didn't have to put it that way... -.- Why must people on the internet be such perverts? Jeez...
Hi, welcome aboard the boards!

As for the bold bit, I think shortie was just saying that people are requesting them just because they're women and nothing else. I support Dixie Kong and Palutena because I think the game does need more female representation, they also have alot of character and potential they can bring from their respective series. Sort of for the same reason people supported Krystal logically pre-Brawl (and still today, but Krystal's support is much, much less these days.)

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
Samurais and Ninjas are named for their roles, not weapon specializations.
Actually Samurai are know for their weapons to, and Shirukens are not one them, Shiruukens are used for a long distance sneaky attack and Samurai are known to fight head on and their long range weapons are bows.

TBH even though he is described as a Samurai apprentice he is more like a Ninja in term of design, and he might become a fast paced character.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Hi, welcome aboard the boards!

As for the bold bit, I think shortie was just saying that people are requesting them just because they're women and nothing else. I support Dixie Kong and Palutena because I think the game does need more female representation, they also have alot of character and potential they can bring from their respective series. Sort of for the same reason people supported Krystal logically pre-Brawl (and still today, but Krystal's support is much, much less these days.)
In terms of female support:

Palutena > Krystal > Dixie > Everyone else

Palutena (347 votes)
Krystal (248 votes)
Dixie (176 votes)
Mona (134 votes)

Once I launch my new poll, I'll be excited to see where Impa and Medusa stand, specifically.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Someone on here (I think it was Habanero?) said they envisioned Takamaru being kind of like Himura Kenshin from the Rurouni Kenshin series in demeanor/personality

Really love that idea

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Okay, so for all the people I asked about visiting K. Rool's thread, I'll share my conspiracy. I am well aware that this may sound astronomically stupid, and maybe arrogant also, but I'm seeing some weird things with the thread lately, particularly regarding the number of views it has.

When I left for vacation last Saturday, the thread had roughly 42,000 views, or about 10,000 views below the Ridley thread. Now, just nine days later, the K. Rool thread views have gone up by roughly 27,000, into the 69,000 range. Even today, two hours ago, when I started formulating this theory before track practice, the thread had 69,050 views. It currently has 69,531 views. By comparison, the Ridley thread had around 52,000 views last Saturday, and now has roughly 54,500...a reasonable amount of growth, in my opinion.

The number of Internet users visiting the thread is skyrocketing at an absurd pace that doesn't match up with how frequently this board's users seem to view it, especially considering FalKoopa had to bump it off of the second page during the week these views started flooding in. In addition, I have not seen my thread linked to sites like GameFAQs, NeoGaf or Reddit...there's a possibility it could have reached 4Chan, but even then, when Shortie's poll only got boosted by a few hundred from being posted there, this too seems unlikely.

I also feel the need to point out the number of guests I've started seeing in K. Rool's thread, compared to the number of guests I see in other character threads. Last Thursday and Friday, before I left, I would see 2-3 guests sitting in the thread at random, nothing unusual. Now, as I started typing this post, my thread had 6 guests; it now has 9 guests. I popped into every other character thread on the front page before typing this, lingering for a while on the larger ones (Ridley, Waluigi, Palutena, etc.) to see how many guests they received in comparison; none received above 2, and most had a flat 0.

Now, to the point. I have heard speculation previously that, pre-Brawl, members of Nintendo visited these forums, specifically Gimpyfish's E-4-All analysis thread, where he listed the returning advanced techniques from Melee in the conference's demo (namely L-Canceling if I remember correctly), and modified the game accordingly to 'level the playing field' (or one of Sakurai's other casual colloquialisms). In addition, as ChronoBound has stated multiple times, Smash World Forums is essentially the last remaining reputable Smash speculation site, and is easily the largest to boot. This knowledge, in combination with my thread's views inexplicably skyrocketing due to an unusually high number of guests, leads me to ponder whether members of Nintendo are viewing my thread, and have been for the past week, for their own purposes.

Yeah, completely out-of-left-field, right? There are a host of potential alternative explanations, the most obvious of which is that users from both this site and others have just now discovered the thread, are flocking to it, and lingering it in in droves. Perhaps they are from a large site that often features flocking members, such as the aforementioned 4Chan. Other less likely explanations could be that Smash World Forums is glitching, that the same variety of bot that led to Dunsparce and Skull Kid dominating last summer's Smash poll have reached my thread, or that this is a subtle April Fool's Day prank from some SWF higher-ups. But regardless, I think my logic is fairly sound here, and that what is happening to K. Rool's thread is objectively strange. I'm interested in hearing your guys' take on it, in any case.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Dark Lord Vaati
Time Traveller Impa?
Time Traveller Impa = best thing ever.

Also, it's making her re-appearing extremely likely in the Zelda franchise. In Skyward Sword form even! :eek:

BKupa, if your thread made it to Nintendo I want you to have my other babies

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
Actually Samurai are know for their weapons to, and Shirukens are not one them, Shiruukens are used for a long distance sneaky attack and Samurai are known to fight head on and their long range weapons are bows.

TBH even though he is described as a Samurai apprentice he is more like a Ninja in term of design, and he might become a fast paced character.
actually Shuriken were designed for Samurai use as a mid range weapon. used for a distraction tactic or being a short range weapon to weapon to wield when you've been disarmed of your sword, Pole weapon, club or what have you. the reason we associate it to Ninja's is because of Shurikenjutsu. a common martial arts used by ninja's heavily utilized the Shaken. which is the star shaped one we normally think of when we think of Shuriken but that''s not the original design though. originally a shuriken could be anything from a sharpened coin, a needle or a flat plate. regardless Samurai used it quite often usually the Bo Shuriken though.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
actually Shuriken were designed for Samurai use as a mid range weapon. used for a distraction tactic or being a short range weapon to weapon to wield when you've been disarmed of your sword, Pole weapon, club or what have you. the reason we associate it to Ninja's is because of Shurikenjutsu. a common martial arts used by ninja's heavily utilized the Shaken. which is the star shaped one we normally think of when we think of Shuriken but that''s not the original design though. originally a shuriken could be anything from a sharpened coin, a needle or a flat plate. regardless Samurai used it quite often usually the Bo Shuriken though.
I see then I stand corrected.

D

Deleted member

Thar we go. Some Feudal Japan history.
EDIT: On the talk of Tingle, I don't really see him as likely, but I sure as well would like him in the game. I rather take a fancy towards the silly characters in fighting games like this guy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDJtIjkExGE
It's a shame he had to be removed in the international release because of copyright issues....

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Someone on here (I think it was Habanero?) said they envisioned Takamaru being kind of like Himura Kenshin from the Rurouni Kenshin series in demeanor/personality

Really love that idea
Well actually yes, I mentioned that. Wouldn't be surprised if Takamaru takes inspiration from Kenshin, especially in the hypothetical Murasame Castle game developed by Platinum Games.

(Also yes I realize I'm being "out of character" in this post, shut it)

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
lol Diddy "Oro?" is like a running gag from the Rurouni Kenshin manga

Kenshin, the main character, says it everytime sometimes comedic happens to him (like when a female yells at him or throws something at him)

anyway I just felt like talking about RK since samurais were brought up

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Okay guys, April 1st is over in my time zone. All of the posts I made during that day in this thread and other SSB4 related threads were jokes and are not to be taken seriously.

Guess you can't like my posts anymore, eh, Ove and Diddy Kong? :troll:

I guess that Trollutena will return next year... or not.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104

Really love that idea
Maybe, but Manly was pushing for Lyn to have the same fighting style as Kenshin, especially since it's a real one.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I like the idea of Takamaru being like, anime Samurai. Ya know, the dramatic one slice, posing at the end thing. I see Samurai goroh being a wild hack and slasher that relies on brute strength just as much as his sword.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
That's quite the theory. Even if Nintendo were looking at it, I don't think that could account for like 27,000 views in that time period. My guess is its been linked somewhere fairly well-known and active, and the traffic is coming from there. Doesn't seem like Nintendo would need to view the page 27,000 times (or 25,000 times, just for the benefit of the doubt), even if they did have multiple people looking through it. I could be wrong, but I suspect Nintendo would get what they came for and get out, and trying not to arouse any suspicion or leave any noticeable difference unless they absolutely had to.

Just my counter theory though. :p

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Gonna stop the charades with this whole "April Fool's" thing, so expect the grouchy Habanero back. Gonna keep the avatar however because I like it better.

Also, because I said all that stuff previously and now I'm starting to have second guesses over characters. I mean, maybe I was a bit too harsh on the idea of Dr. Mario and Roy, but I might have to think on that

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
Gonna stop the charades with this whole "April Fool's" thing, so expect the grouchy Habanero back. Gonna keep the avatar however because I like it better.

Also, because I said all that stuff previously and now I'm starting to have second guesses over characters. I mean, maybe I was a bit too harsh on the idea of Dr. Mario and Roy, but I might have to think on that
Let the harshness flow through you

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I don't know about Oro, or the manga it's from. Sorry. I do know about Donkey Kong's sexy Uh Roo though. And I feel that would be worthy of a SWF emoticon.

Also, this is so insane, I just HAVE to post it here.

Items still suck balls. SMASH balls. Get it? No? Uh screw you...

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
What Gamefaq post? Got a link?
http://www.gamefaqs.com/poll/index.html?poll=5041
There ya' go,

BTW, I find April Fools to be unnecessary nowadays considering that the Internet already spends the entire year trying to be funny (with meager results) and because everyone in the USA is so lawsuit-happy that pranks aren't worth doing anymore.

EDIT: Google Nose actually made me laugh so I guess Google should stick to observing the day.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

I'm not exactly opposed to clones, as long as they have significant differences between each another.

The only clone I really care about is Roy, though. He could have more diverse moves from Marth and perhaps focusing on some fire projectiles or something like that.

As for Dr. Mario, I wouldn't mind if he returned, but if he doesn't, I won't be bothered. To be honest, the only characters I want back are Mewtwo and Roy. Pichu and Dr. Mario aren't really appealing to me.

Toon Link is still Young Link in a way that I sometimes think of these two as the same character (even if they technically aren't).

Also, Habanero, I really like your new avatar.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Let the harshness flow through you
Well, it's like that feeling when you try to back stab someone by parodying how they act, but then you start to question yourself due to being in their position for a second. Like, you know how they feel and you start to feel a little guilty.

Again, not exactly sure at this point. My mind is a bit of a blur at the moment.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Roy and Toon Link are cool. Also like Lucas, Falco and Wolf. Other clones = bad. And I want them revamped as much as possible. Though I do feel Lucas, Falco and Wolf are fine the way they are. The only beef I have with the Mother kids is their specials, but Lucas' regular moveset is top notch quality in Mother-representation. :lucas:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Well... we all have our dreams and hopes for the Smash series, mainly characters.

There are always some darkhorse characters that will always be left out of the roster, unfortunately for some (read: almost all) fans. Hypothetically speaking, if the development team was to please everyone, the roster's size would grow to have an insane amount of characters.

I had one character that I wanted for Brawl that didn't appear (Bowser Jr.) and had two characters I liked removed (Mewtwo and Roy), but hey, the game was enjoyable anyway. Though I still hope for these characters' inclusion in SSB4, alongside Anna, Ghirahim, Ridley and Dark Pit, I won't be upset over their absence in the roster, because it's simply not possible to satisfy everyone.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
That's quite the theory. Even if Nintendo were looking at it, I don't think that could account for like 27,000 views in that time period. My guess is its been linked somewhere fairly well-known and active, and the traffic is coming from there. Doesn't seem like Nintendo would need to view the page 27,000 times (or 25,000 times, just for the benefit of the doubt), even if they did have multiple people looking through it. I could be wrong, but I suspect Nintendo would get what they came for and get out, and trying not to arouse any suspicion or leave any noticeable difference unless they absolutely had to.

Just my counter theory though. :p
Yeah, that's the other thing...I don't know why (currently 7) fans linked to the site would linger there for extended periods of time, and I don't know why Nintendo would have to view the page so many times.

I'm going to see if there's any online tool that can search for links to test this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom