• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Discussion Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
a lot of forums are like that unfortunately

forums for the most part are just big circlejerks, and extremely close-minded in that regard

if you dont share certain opinions with them, or haven't been a member there long enough, then you're not going to have the most pleasant experience posting there
You said you were in a bad mood today, however, while that may have been the case. You have also been on t3h ph1r3 (fire) today. :troll:

D

Deleted member

forums for the most part are just big circlejerks, and extremely close-minded in that regard

if you dont share certain opinions with them, or haven't been a member there long enough, then you're not going to have the most pleasant experience posting there
Does that mean my opinion falls in line with the general opinion here?

DAMMIT, and here I was trying to be unique a hipster.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412

That....That just sounds like the many groups of people that you encounter in real life.

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
Then use the lemon seeds to grow lemon trees, and use those lemons to make even more lemonade.
Then get a patent, commercialize it and capitalize on it. Make millions and use shrewd business tactics to expand your empire further to other products. Form monopolies to gain an oppressive foothold on the rest of society.

D

Deleted member

That....That just sounds like the many groups of people that you encounter in real life.
DING DING DING!

Turns out the internet is just like real life in many ways, after all, it's just groups of people discussing mundane stuff through different mediums.

Actually, virtual life is growing as technology improves. Many companies are pushing for work-from-home posts, and more and more people are become more anti-social.

Expect forums to be the main form of social gatherings in around 30 years or so.

i seriously have no idea what's going on
I don't either so don't feel bad...

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
DING DING DING!

Turns out the internet is just like real life in many ways, after all, it's just groups of people discussing mundane stuff through different mediums.

Actually, virtual life is growing as technology improves. Many companies are pushing for work-from-home posts, and more and more people are become more anti-social.

Expect forums to be the main form of social gatherings in around 30 years or so.

I don't either so don't feel bad...
This and the over-dependence of technology have started to enter my thoughts a lot lately. Chatting online is fun and all, but I'd go nuts without having actual people to talk to. I used to think this would be neat, but now I see just how dangerous this can become.

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
The issue with the social aspects of the internet is that you're safe.
Nobody can hurt you or your real life reputation. In larger communities they can't even hurt your internet reputation. There are no consequences. The exception is going viral with something horrendous but that probably wont happen.

The result is anyone can push their boundaries and be a rude and uncivilized as they want. Everyone has a natural tendency to test their boundaries and see how far they can go with things before having to turn around.

Edit: we should get back on topic.

D

Deleted member

This and the over-dependence of technology have started to enter my thoughts a lot lately. Chatting online is fun and all, but I'd go nuts without having actual people to talk to. I used to think this would be neat, but now I see just how dangerous this can become.
Look up 'Hikikomori.' There should be a documentary by the BBC on YouTube, I'd recommend it.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
The issue with the social aspects of the internet is that you're safe.
Nobody can hurt you or your real life reputation. In larger communities they can't even hurt your internet reputation. There are no consequences. The exception is going viral with something horrendous but that probably wont happen.

The result is anyone can push their boundaries and be a rude and uncivilized as they want. Everyone has a natural tendency to test their boundaries and see how far they can go with things before having to turn around.
You're correct. I think a lot of the people here who are jerks would end up in deep crap if they pulled the same stuff here as they do in interpersonal interaction.

Like I said, less egotistical jerks, and more down-to-earth bros would make this place far more pleasant.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Then get a patent, commercialize it and capitalize on it. Make millions and use shrewd business tactics to expand your empire further to other products. Form monopolies to gain an oppressive foothold on the rest of society.
Then outsource work to 3rd world countries, to further increase profits for your CEOs
Sell a new line of products that are trees where consumers must pay a subscription to keep the tree alive.
These trees will come already bearing lemons and consumers will be charged to take them down. On tree DLC (Delicious Lemon Content)

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Like I said, less egotistical jerks, and more down-to-earth bros would make this place far more pleasant.
That's pretty subjective on who's the bro and who's the ***, mainly because there is two sides to every coin. It's pretty much a prospective type deal that varies with people.

D

Deleted member

Edit: we should get back on topic.
Back to Fire Emblem??

blegh...

You're correct. I think a lot of the people here who are jerks would end up in deep crap if they pulled the same stuff here as they do in interpersonal interaction.

I try to keep my online "persona" as real as my real-self. The problem is my rather sarcastic nature doesn't pick up well around here, thus most people don't catch when I'm just being ironic.
Ahh, well.
That aside, the real world is filled with some serious jerks. Where have you been?

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
Really it should be more of respect, for example I can find smashchu annoying and I don't like him that much (frankly he was a jerk straight to smooth criminal when sc didn't deserve it), but I can respect his opinion, the only one who I don't respect is dragon

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
That's pretty subjective on who's the bro and who's the ***, mainly because there is two sides to every coin. It's pretty much a prospective type deal that varies with people.
I am pretty sure N3ON, Metal Overlord, Opossum, and SSBF are pretty chill, and intelligent. That is the arche-type I am referring to when I say "down-to-earth".

D

Deleted member

Alright how about Pokemon instead?
Eeeehhhhh....

This reminds me of High School and the lead up to the Wii's release.

Every morning that's that I would talk about because I was a brain dead idiot. Till one morning my best buddy just snapped and told me:

"Goddammit Anon, all you talk about is Wii Wii Wii, and Bleach Bleach Bleach!"

All in good heart of course.

Anyway, I'd rather go back to talking about unlikely characters.

So how about Etna from Disgaia? How cool would she be? You want a Lance/Spear user? Well there's a cool one that's not a blue-haired FE lord.

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
Sometimes I wonder how many more people would be okay with chrom if he didn't have blue hair.

I'll admit though, having three FE characters in SSB4 all with blue hair would be sort of strange.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
i'm cool with absolutely every person here, there isn't a single person i dislike
What about Diddy when he be Impa-ing? :troll:

Seriously though, I got to respect Diddy for trying to get his prospective family to work. I have seen him on here a lot less lately. He should definitely be in our hopes and prayers, not just for him and his lady, but also for the unborn child.

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
Like I said, the only person I really don't like that much is smashchu, and only because he attacked smooth,

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
^ diddy is only really annoying when he brings her or anthony up (even then, i've grown to be tolerant towards it)

otherwise, he's definitely cool with me, and i wish him the best

back on topic, though, the only way i'm accepting chrom is if he uses a lance and DOESN'T replace Ike

otherwise roy all the way

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
^ diddy is only really annoying when he brings her or anthony up (even then, i've grown to be tolerant towards it)

otherwise, he's definitely cool with me, and i wish him the best

back on topic, though, the only way i'm accepting chrom is if he uses a lance and DOESN'T replace Ike

otherwise roy all the way
I'm all for Lance wielding Chrom.
I think it would be cool if we had characters who each wielded from weapon triangle. 1 sword, 1 axe and 1 lance

D

Deleted member

No love for Bayonetta? :troll:
I watched the Grumps grump her game and I thought to myself what a good fit she'd be for Smash tbh. I really don't get the gripes most have against her. She's no more "sexual" than ZSuit Samus. Her more risque moves can simply not be in. She's got plenty of moves to choose from.

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
I'm all for Lance wielding Chrom.
I think it would be cool if we had characters who each wielded from weapon triangle. 1 sword, 1 axe and 1 lance
Lance would have to be a special or something. Like a javelin throw for the normal b.
You can't have chrom ditch the falchion. That's way too important to his character.

Hectors would have to the the axe guy but he also has blue hair. Yet that's okay! 'Cuase I really like that guy.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
for real though, why is nobody commenting on sonic :laugh:

i understand that a female ass is there and must be gazed upon, but sonic's grin is just too good

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Lance would have to be a special or something. Like a javelin throw for the normal b.
You can't have chrom ditch the falchion. That's way too important to his character.

Hectors would have to the the axe guy but he also has blue hair. Yet that's okay! 'Cuase I really like that guy.
Gah! If only Ephraim was the Lord in Awakening instead of Chrom! But I guess a short spear/javelin would be a nice change of pace for a FE character. i'll give him some range.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom