• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Discussion Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

for real though, why is nobody commenting on sonic :laugh:

i understand that a female *** is there and must be gazed upon, but sonic's grin is just too good
Because Sonic is asymmetrical.

Lance would have to be a special or something. Like a javelin throw for the normal b.
You can't have chrom ditch the falchion. That's way too important to his character.

Hectors would have to the the axe guy but he also has blue hair. Yet that's okay! 'Cuase I really like that guy.
Ike can be the Axe guy, don't forget he dons Urval in FE10.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Since there many people saying there shouldn't be more than one Sega character, would you rather have one of the two (Sonic and Bayonetta) or both?

D

Deleted member

Since there many people saying there shouldn't be more than one Sega character, would you rather have one of the two (Sonic and Bayonetta) or both?
Cut Sonic gimme Witch Time.

It's the only way to make up for getting rid of Snake.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I'd rather have Sonic. We need more fast users on the roster, and he brings the fast. Without fast, we'd have nothing but slow. Slow things are not fast, and slow is boring.

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
Ike can be the Axe guy, don't forget he dons Urval in FE10.
Meh... He uses an axe but its still part of Ike's character to use a sword. For most of the series he uses nothing but a sword.

I mean, you don't see link use a hammer for a quarter of his moves for varieties sake.

With third party being an iffy subject here, I don't think sega needs two reps.

I'd say just sonic.

D

Deleted member

Meh... He uses an axe but its still part of Ike's character to use a sword. For most of the series he uses nothing but a sword.

I mean, you don't see link use a hammer for a quarter of his moves for varieties sake.
Yeah, but it's his Dad's Axe, that's pretty significant if you ask me. He can use both Ragnell and Urval.

I'd rather have Sonic. We need more fast users on the roster, and he brings the fast. Without fast, we'd have nothing but slow. Slow things are not fast, and slow is boring.
You ever watch this?

Every time I watch it cracks me up.

It's why Sonic won't be in Smash 4.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
sonic all the way

not that Bayo is a bad choice since I don't think so, but me and sonic go way back

i'd rather have taki from soul calibur anyway if we were to get a female third party character

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Marth - Sword
Ike - Sword/Axe
Chrom - Sword/Lance
Micaiah - Mage or Roy (If you want him) - Sword
Sounds good to me

D

Deleted member

lol why does this forum censor *** but not kickass and badass
Because asses are 2lewd4me

I'm surprised no one said both. :sonic: wouldn't cooperate with Bayonetta well anyway.
Because allowing for 2 Sega character will incite the millions of fanboys and furries to push for 2 Sanic characters.

Where are you getting all these images from anyway?

Marth - Sword
Ike - Sword/Axe
Chrom - Sword/Lance
Lyn - Katana
Sounds good to me
ftfy

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Agreed, overall. People who seem to think Nintendo will be the only one that will do worse (which they will, I mean - the Wii is the Wii) are in for quite the surprise. They're making more unfounded assumptions about a system that's only been out a few months and has sold a few million units than one that hasn't even been officially revealed, and we know like nothing about. The market is changing, and most don't seem to realize that beyond "durr, Nintendo is dooooomed! Again!" :dizzy::facepalm:

And personally I wouldn't be too upset if Iwata left. You're right in that it could affect Sakurai's future involvement, but Smash is also his baby, so I guess we'll see. Maybe someone new would bring some innovation or change we wouldn't get with Sakurai though...
Agreed. Like you said, I think the PS4 and 720 will perform poorly. The video game market just isn't as strong as it use to be and there doesn't seem to be anything earth shattering coming from them. I do disagree with the "Nintendo doomed" thing. While people are saying that just 'cause, Nintendo is not in good shape. They are in the worse financial spot they've been in for a few decades. Most of the games for the system are very Gamecube like so I expect it to have Gamecube like sales. This is why I think Iwata might go though the company would be better for it.

Yamauchi was pretty much just a ruthless businessman. He had very little understanding of video games too.

I do like this :troll: quote from him though:
"Those who play RPGs are depressed people who play alone in their dark rooms."

I think Arokowa (Yamauchi's son-in-law) and Howard Lincoln were far superior to Reggie though. They were able to make the Nintendo 64 sell on par with the Super Nintendo in North America, and fostered an exclusive Western development environment for the N64.

Look at the shape of Western development for Nintendo platforms since the N64. Most of Nintendo's Western first-party and second-party studios are gone. Nintendo Software Technology Corporation (one of Nintendo's two remaining major Western first party studios) does not handle major releases any more, and has pretty much just become the Mario vs. Donkey Kong studio. Retro Studios, although they make magnifiscent games, only is able to release two games per generation.

Monster Games and Next Level Games have become somewhat second-party studios to Nintendo though. Monster Games made Excite Truck, Excite Bots, Excite Bike: World Rally, Pilotwings Resort, and the upcoming Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D, while Next Level Games is responsible for Super Mario Strikers, Mario Strikers: Charged, Punch-Out Wii, and Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon.
NoA was much stronger with Lincoln. One of the strengths of Nintendo during that time was that NoA was autonomist. They were able to go out and find the studios to make the games they needed. He was the guy who pushed for Rare. One of the biggest mistakes that Nintendo made was not buying the 51% of Rare especially as they were the guys that supplied the 64 with the games it needed. Iwata's problem is he is not a businessman. Basically, he let's his developers do what ever they want. So they make the games that they want which is Puzzle Zelda, 3D Mario and Other M. This is in the face of demands for other series (Starfox, F-Zero) or new franchises. A businessman would have responded to the damand but Iwata continues to side with developers and do what they want. After Other M, he not only let Sakamoto stay, but let him make another stupid game which flopped (Kiki Trick). For the company's sake, Iwata needs to go.

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
I have to go with sonic just because I don't know much about bayo,

actually I would go with the 3rd option of amigo

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
You know what? I can see Robin actually joining the fray.

There can be both a female and male skin to make everyone happy.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
So ANYWHO, I reading over some of the old post it seems like the wonder twins were causing trouble. So I unignored them to see what was going on. Once I did, I was hit with a wave of Spam, needlessly long post and Kuma acting like a 12 year old. I've realized that by ignoring these two, the post quality goes WAY up. Thanks to the rest of you for keeping it interesting.

I really hope this place gets more mods. What the hell are the mods even up most of the time?

Anyway, there is a reason why I don't respect online game forums. The level of pettiness and perversion makes my skin crawl.

You have childish cliques and factions here, where you basically have alliances between certains users and against other posters. Its really silly and childish.

After Smash 4, I am pretty much done with online game forums altogether, and I could not be happier.
Yeah, that seems to be common. One thing I've noticed here is there are a few people who just cause trouble. They really don't want to discuss stuff but have their own little circle. I though Kuma wasn't that bad, but then I saw his post and I'm reminded why I ignore him in the first place. Like I said before, there is some good discussion and I like viewing this forum from time to time. I just think there are a few bad apples.

So that you and Kuma can mark the day on your calendar when you can discuss Smash BlazBlue with no opposition. :troll:

Seriously, its because I may not even be around to keep posting for Smash 4. Smash 4's release is just the absolute latest I will stick around.

I have increasingly more work with each subsequent year, and I have responsibility of taking care of other family members (and friends). Internet browsing for entertainment purposes is something that I am going to have increasingly less time to do.

I mean look at Diddy Kong who says he is going to abandon even Smash 4 this time in just a few months time to take care of his kid.

The fact is that for some of us, we simply are losing interest in video games, as well as having to move on to the "real world".
I agree. Part of the reason I'm not here is I'm either working, at school, or investing. We just closed on a property we are turning into an Assisted Living Facility. I'm hoping it does well so, one day, I can quite my J-O-B.

Message board are irrelevant and I feel it attracts some irrelevant people (not everyone, mind you. Just a select few). Like you, I'd probably leave here after Smash 4. Once the game hits, I'd rather be playing it. Not much reason to stick around and talk competitive Smash *shudders*

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just read there is going to be pokemon XY news next week

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
You know what I don't get, Chu? Why do you have to be so hateful?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
After visiting serebii.net I found out more about it

They showed a new pokemon covered up with a question mark on it...

Not sure if there is going to be any more than that though

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
The Pokemon is going to be completely improbable for Super Smash Bros. yet people are going to hype it up because people are stupid.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
this thread is more like high school than high school is for me right now, goddamn
That doesn't sound good, and it looks like I'll need to bribe a few people to attend the high school reunion here post-SSB4...

As for Pokemon, well, anything that's new must be hyped for Sm4sh.

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
All of those hyped pokemon are just going to be put into the honorable mention section, aka the poke ball and assist trophy.

D

Deleted member

"I'm going to eat all your rings, hedgehog."
Is what is says.

Hahahaha

So ANYWHO, I reading over some of the old post it seems like the wonder twins were causing trouble. So I unignored them to see what was going on. Once I did, I was hit with a wave of Spam, needlessly long post and Kuma acting like a 12 year old. I've realized that by ignoring these two, the post quality goes WAY up. Thanks to the rest of you for keeping it interesting.

Yeah, that seems to be common. One thing I've noticed here is there are a few people who just cause trouble. They really don't want to discuss stuff but have their own little circle. I though Kuma wasn't that bad, but then I saw his post and I'm reminded why I ignore him in the first place. Like I said before, there is some good discussion and I like viewing this forum from time to time. I just think there are a few bad apples.

I agree. Part of the reason I'm not here is I'm either working, at school, or investing. We just closed on a property we are turning into an Assisted Living Facility. I'm hoping it does well so, one day, I can quite my J-O-B.

Message board are irrelevant and I feel it attracts some irrelevant people (not everyone, mind you. Just a select few). Like you, I'd probably leave here after Smash 4. Once the game hits, I'd rather be playing it. Not much reason to stick around and talk competitive Smash *shudders*

>The wonder twins....

So what's with you and Chrono trying to turn this into a stupid gang war? You guys are the ones preaching how everyone should get along and people shouldn't circle-jerk, but you also seem to be the most butthurt that everyone isn't bending over to your ideals and opinions.

Is it that hard to accept that other people have different opinions from you? And before you turn around and say that it's us who can't accept the casual crowd, let me remind you that Metal Overlord, Moon Monkey, N3ON and a couple others are non-competitive Smashers and I get along with them just fine, even if we disagree on a couple things. We can agree to disagree even if we take some playful jabs to a couple things. But for you who claims to want the forum to be mature and stuff, you're the one who can't lighten up and has to take everything super-seriously.

It's surprising that you seem to hold a grudge against Me, Kuma, Habanero and whoever else you have blocked because you simply can't accept the way other users behave. The only time I ever blocked someone was when me and Chrono were having our endless wars, but that was only because it was affecting everyone else and it was rather rude of the two of us to blow up the thread with childish fighting, outside of that, I take the moment to read what everyone says. Hell, I've even stood up for you when people have talked **** about you.

Well, whatever man, like I told Chrono. You don't have to like me, I couldn't care less. But at least have the decency to behave like a normal adult and stop trying to start a faction war between competitive-smashers and casual-bros. It's not cool dude.

One last thing, why do we CARE that you have a life outside of this place? Why do you keep bringing it up? You don't see me spouting off on a daily basis about my girlfriend, my job, my personal life, my family and my plans for the future, and I'm the asshole that's constantly derailing the thread into offtopic conversations. If you want me to I could, but this ain't my personal blog, I know my limits, and I know other people aren't interested in hearing about what little asshole annoyed me to today, or how the public transit in this city is constantly on strike, or how much money I'm making at the moment because English is booming in Spain.

It's cool that you have endeavors and ambitions, but let me give you a piece of friendly advice. I'm assuming you must be under 20 years old, because you have that same cocky "I'm king of the world, I know just what I need to get ahead in life, not like those other losers" attitude I had when I was 19, the moment you believe you know everything, is the moment you start to **** up big time. The secret to success is not knowing a lot, but rather admitting that you know nothing and being prepared to listen and learn from others.

If anything, tone down the condescending attitude, honestly it's the main reason people find you rather annoying at times. And this is coming from the jackass who's a self-proclaimed manly badass. Remember, humility is a virtue, arrogance is not.

Ahh, **** it, why am I even bothering, chances are you've blocked me and won't even bother to read it... Oh well.

Chrono, if you would please at least relay to him that I'm not interested in his petty feud... That's all I ask for man.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
After visiting serebii.net I found out more about it

They showed a new pokemon covered up with a question mark on it...

Not sure if there is going to be any more than that though
If it's bipedal and looks cool, prepare for the storm.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Manly, you should just ignore SmashChu if you don't like what he has to say instead of wasting hours of your time and writing paragraphs upon paragraphs complaining about a person you will never meet. I really can't think of anything more pointless, or a massive waste of time. If you absolutely have nothing better to do, go read a nice book.

The Joker, in The Dark Knight, was once curious about what happened when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object.

Maybe he should have gotten a SmashBoards account and see how ManlySpirit and SmashChu interact.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
On the internet, people cannot simply tolerate an opinion and move on. Oh no, every **** stain on this planet has to have the same mind set, otherwise you'll be thrown under the bus because of trying to be an individual mind. The irony of course is that forums like this one are designed to express opinions no matter how shrill, so those that don't like it are pretty much setting themselves up for trouble.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
The Joker, in The Dark Knight, was once curious about what happened when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object.

Maybe he should have gotten a SmashBoards account and see how ManlySpirit and SmashChu interact.
The answer is quite clear. The universe implodes from the paradox. See Divide By Zero for more information.

On the internet, people cannot simply tolerate an opinion and move on. Oh no, every **** stain on this planet has to have the same mind set, otherwise you'll be thrown under the bus because of trying to be an individual mind. The irony of course is that forums like this one are designed to express opinions no matter how shrill, so those that don't like it are pretty much setting themselves up for trouble.
So the Internet is only reminding us that some people want things a certain way and will stop at nothing to have that.

Reminds me of my dark years in elementary school.

D

Deleted member

Manly, you should just ignore SmashChu if you don't like what he has to say instead of wasting hours of your time and writing paragraphs upon paragraphs complaining about a person you will never meet. I really can't think of anything more pointless, or a massive waste of time. If you absolutely have nothing better to do, go read a nice book.

Meh, why bother... It's kinda like a **** move to block someone, and the PROCLAIM you blocked them, w/e.

Anyway, you should know by now that I like being verbose, and I could say the same for you actually. Also, you'd be surprised as to how many people from the internet I've made friends with and actually met irl. Especially in a forum like this where people go to tournaments and stuff. I'm also a guy who likes to travel a lot.

As for a book, I'm actually studying "Figure Drawing for All it's Worth" by Loomis. Though I do plan on reading Asimov's iRobot soon.

On the last bit, he should have seen our feuds from a couple months back...

Anyway, would I be the unstoppable force and you the immovable object? It seems fitting...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom