• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Discussion Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
what, is he the guy from gumshoe?
10 points to you sir

Never heard of him.
Not surprised, it was just an attempt to get off this somewhat awkward conversation
Shame Gumshoe never caught on, I really like the design of Mr. Stevenson

Hey, pal. What are you talking about?

platformer where you would user the zapper to shoot enemies to kill them and make Mr. Stevenson jump, he's also allways moving

Reminds me of this image

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Mr. Stevenson. And I was right, he IS from gumshoe. I just looked it up

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Meh, why bother... It's kinda like a **** move to block someone, and the PROCLAIM you blocked them, w/e.

Anyway, you should know by now that I like being verbose, and I could say the same for you actually.k...

Anyway, would I be the unstoppable force and you the immovable object? It seems fitting...
I think you should try to tone it down in general. Try being more humble and have more humility would go a long way. Even if SmashChu does not change as he is, at least you won't agitate more people in the future.

As to the latter thing, I don't care.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
So the Internet is only reminding us that some people want things a certain way and will stop at nothing to have that.

Reminds me of my dark years in elementary school.
Basically yes. In fact, I could waste my time right now posting all sorts of opinions right now and you'd see people foaming in the mouth from not being within the same bandwagon. It's sad, but true.

It reminds me of my dark years in high school.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Basically yes. In fact, I could waste my time right now posting all sorts of opinions right now and you'd see people foaming in the mouth from not being within the same bandwagon. It's sad, but true.

It reminds me of my dark years in high school.
Not too long ago, about the same time as I left religion, I came to realize that most of these cliques are damaging. Well, that is to say that they CAN be damaging to the individual psyche. I thought I was looking for somewhere to belong, but I'm not the type that likes being bound to something as it turns out. I have made friends in all sorts of different "groups", and nothing all that bad has come out of it.

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
If this were to actually happen, my faith in the world would be completely restored. I swear, them becoming a Microsoft property was like the apocalypse. One day, they'll be free. One day.
I'm conflicted, because microsoft has all but destroyed rare, but we also got the glorious viva pinata

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Not too long ago, about the same time as I left religion, I came to realize that most of these cliques are damaging. Well, that is to say that they CAN be damaging to the individual psyche. I thought I was looking for somewhere to belong, but I'm not the type that likes being bound to something as it turns out. I have made friends in all sorts of different "groups", and nothing all that bad has come out of it.
Here here!

This is how people should make friends!

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Microsoft's next system sounds like it's going to be bad

Always connected to the internet, anti-piracy measures, etc.

Trying their hardest to make gaming on their console inconvenient

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I'm conflicted, because microsoft has all but destroyed rare, but we also got the glorious viva pinata
When was the last time we got a Viva Pinata game though?

Here here!

This is how people should make friends!
I gotta say, it's definitely a perk of being both a free spirit and someone that has always stood out (even if I was ignored a lot).

@PsychoBall
Last I heard, that was only a rumor. If it's true, I'll be done with Microsoft.

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
I think it was pocket paradise, which was back in 08 I think, but microsoft has pretty much destroyed rare that it doesn't even matter, if Nintendo does buy rare, the second rare character to make it in would be a viva pinata character (I could make a ok argument that a viva pinata character would get in banjo but I know that won't happen).

Edit: I've been looking at the injustice roster, and it's a little dissapointing.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Yeah, you too.

As for Injustice, I think it and the roster looks pretty solid. There were a few or couple characters I wanted that didn't get in though but I figured they were just a pipedream.

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
Yeah, you too.

As for Injustice, I think it and the roster looks pretty solid. There were a few or couple characters I wanted that didn't get in though but I figured they were just a pipedream.
Well, for one there is about 8 batman characters on a roster of about 24, way too much. and no Martian Manhunter is a serious slap in the face.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Well ALRIGHTY THEN! Has anyone seen this article? http://wiiudaily.com/2013/03/upcoming-wii-u-miiverse-features-revealed/
I would like to point out the final bullet point:

Tournament feature — organize and hold tournaments for games.

It looks like Nintendo is trying to set themselves up to be a gaming hub for fans. Thoughts........................please?
I think I was late to the party and missed another FE debate. Excellent! Also, this is amazing news! I already love Miiverse, but this is just awesome. They're setting it up as such an awesome feature for Smashers and beyond. (Hey guys, there's also a Mario Kart coming, y'know) and this just sounds so promising.

Color me super extra excited.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
>The wonder twins....

So what's with you and Chrono trying to turn this into a stupid gang war? You guys are the ones preaching how everyone should get along and people shouldn't circle-jerk, but you also seem to be the most butthurt that everyone isn't bending over to your ideals and opinions.

Is it that hard to accept that other people have different opinions from you? And before you turn around and say that it's us who can't accept the casual crowd, let me remind you that Metal Overlord, Moon Monkey, N3ON and a couple others are non-competitive Smashers and I get along with them just fine, even if we disagree on a couple things. We can agree to disagree even if we take some playful jabs to a couple things. But for you who claims to want the forum to be mature and stuff, you're the one who can't lighten up and has to take everything super-seriously.

It's surprising that you seem to hold a grudge against Me, Kuma, Habanero and whoever else you have blocked because you simply can't accept the way other users behave. The only time I ever blocked someone was when me and Chrono were having our endless wars, but that was only because it was affecting everyone else and it was rather rude of the two of us to blow up the thread with childish fighting, outside of that, I take the moment to read what everyone says. Hell, I've even stood up for you when people have talked **** about you.

Well, whatever man, like I told Chrono. You don't have to like me, I couldn't care less. But at least have the decency to behave like a normal adult and stop trying to start a faction war between competitive-smashers and casual-bros. It's not cool dude.

One last thing, why do we CARE that you have a life outside of this place? Why do you keep bringing it up? You don't see me spouting off on a daily basis about my girlfriend, my job, my personal life, my family and my plans for the future, and I'm the ******* that's constantly derailing the thread into offtopic conversations. If you want me to I could, but this ain't my personal blog, I know my limits, and I know other people aren't interested in hearing about what little ******* annoyed me to today, or how the public transit in this city is constantly on strike, or how much money I'm making at the moment because English is booming in Spain.

It's cool that you have endeavors and ambitions, but let me give you a piece of friendly advice. I'm assuming you must be under 20 years old, because you have that same cocky "I'm king of the world, I know just what I need to get ahead in life, not like those other losers" attitude I had when I was 19, the moment you believe you know everything, is the moment you start to **** up big time. The secret to success is not knowing a lot, but rather admitting that you know nothing and being prepared to listen and learn from others.

If anything, tone down the condescending attitude, honestly it's the main reason people find you rather annoying at times. And this is coming from the ******* who's a self-proclaimed manly badass. Remember, humility is a virtue, arrogance is not.

Ahh, **** it, why am I even bothering, chances are you've blocked me and won't even bother to read it... Oh well.

Chrono, if you would please at least relay to him that I'm not interested in his petty feud... That's all I ask for man.
QFT!

j/k Not actually taking sides in this, but if someone said something like that about me while hiding behind the ignore feature, I'd say much of the same **** too, and I wouldn't care who they are.

Well, for one there is about 8 batman characters on a roster of about 24, way too much. and no Martian Manhunter is a serious slap in the face.
Like him or hate him, Batman pretty much carries DC by the back financially and has like the most popular rogue gallery, so a certain chunk of characters being from his series was to be expected, not to mention it was done in light of the hype with his recent movies & video games. Would've liked to have Ra's al Ghul over some of the other Batman characters they included though, but I digress.

As for J'onn, huh. Guess that rumor I heard about him earlier was false. Could see him being a popular DLC choice though. He'd be like the Shang Tsung of the game with his shapeshifting abilities.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Oh, and I'd like to say, since I think I missed the convo, that the best parts of SWF are the down-to-earth bro's, and it's been that way for years. I ain't gonna name all of you, but yeah. :cool: (I like to count myself among that number, although there may be one or two users I disagree with. However, it wouldn't be cool to name names. So we good, man, we good!)

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Happy Easter everybody!

He is risen! :D {/collapse]

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Yeah man. Time to fit the theme of the day *and* the thread. Jesus and the Easter Bunny for Sm4sh. Or a fusion, or one, or the other.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
On the internet, people cannot simply tolerate an opinion and move on. Oh no, every **** stain on this planet has to have the same mind set, otherwise you'll be thrown under the bus because of trying to be an individual mind.
Am I the only one who noticed the irony here? :awesome:

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I think I was late to the party and missed another FE debate. Excellent! Also, this is amazing news! I already love Miiverse, but this is just awesome. They're setting it up as such an awesome feature for Smashers and beyond. (Hey guys, there's also a Mario Kart coming, y'know) and this just sounds so promising.

Color me super extra excited.
I've have no interest in Miiverse so eh.

The tournament feature may be funny. Can't wait for all the tourney friends to see the items tournaments. They'd go ballistic.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think the next smash should have genesect and mewtwo as characters. That would be awesome

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
I've have no interest in Miiverse so eh.

The tournament feature may be funny. Can't wait for all the tourney friends to see the items tournaments. They'd go ballistic.
Except these "tourney friends" aren't gonna care about item tournaments rather than go ballistic. This feature is good for both casual & competitive Smash players.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
But for you who claims to want the forum to be mature and stuff, you're the one who can't lighten up and has to take everything super-seriously.

It's surprising that you seem to hold a grudge against Me, Kuma, Habanero and whoever else you have blocked because you simply can't accept the way other users behave.
just a tip of advice: when people on forums preach to others about how everyone should be more "mature", by that, that almost always only means "get like me/get on my level", in reference to how they think they're better than everyone else there

if you don't believe me, just look at the person you're replying to

Manly, you should just ignore SmashChu if you don't like what he has to say instead of wasting hours of your time and writing paragraphs upon paragraphs complaining about a person you will never meet. I really can't think of anything more pointless, or a massive waste of time.
that's easier said than done

plus it's never a bad idea to set someone straight on something like manly did, it's a good way of venting out frustration

Ove

Smash Journeyman
I think Baby Daisy should be in Smash 4.

She is one of the most popular characters from MKWii, the second best selling Wii game (notable character just because of that fact alone).

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
...soooo how bout dat Mr. Stevenson

A better example is putting duct tape on duct tape

Aww man....that video it....it should be
Y-Yooooooung Juuuuustice!

Eww.. Baby Daisy wouldn't work for me.... Maybe as an Assist Trophy with a Chain-chomps or in a Mario Kart/Yoshi island stage cameo.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I have to still question why Baby Daisy exists.

Oh wait, it's because they try to show us that the potential retro choices like Stanley or Wart don't exist. (

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Oh before I forget.

Wishing everyone here a blessed Easter...and...
[collapse=Here's some Easter eggs for you!]
[/collapse]

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
That's a bit of a generalization, don't you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom