• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Discussion Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
While I do share the same viewpoint as Habanero when it comes to roster diversity.
I wouldn't go as far as to say those who want clones/filler in the roster are "full of themselves".
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion on what makes a good game or not, even if it isn't the popular viewpoint.
The way I see it, somebody is inevitably going to be let down by SSB4's roster.
I just hope it's not me. :reverse:

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
wanting clones =/= wanting one "clogged with filler"

clones are fine in moderation, just like with a lot of things

i like clones, doesn't i mean hate variety

i just like the way smash handles them

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Well I think Krystal is cool.

Also, finally got my internet back. **** I almost died.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Anyone that really thinks otherwise is full of themselves.
This is coming from the same person who sarcastically said this:
On the internet, people cannot simply tolerate an opinion and move on. Oh no, every **** stain on this planet has to have the same mind set, otherwise you'll be thrown under the bus because of trying to be an individual mind. The irony of course is that forums like this one are designed to express opinions no matter how shrill, so those that don't like it are pretty much setting themselves up for trouble.
Double standards, Habanero? :glare:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
It's better to have a versatile roster then to have one clogged with filler. Anyone that really thinks otherwise is full of themselves.
Having an opinion doesn't make someone full of themselves. Really being full of yourself is dismissing others' opinions.

You can have whatever point of view you want, but the guy actually making the game doesn't share the same one you do. Sakurai might be "full of himself" by your logic, but he's the only one whose opinion on clones actually matters.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
i wouldn't even waste time replying directly to habanero if i were you two

he'll just ignore you, like every other time someone calls him out on something, and go on thinking the same way he did before

back on topic, though, i don't mind krystal, but i think we're fine with the three we already have

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Even if we don't get Krystal, it would be nice to get a Saurian stage. It would be a turn from the normal SPACE BATTLE BACKGROUND SF levels. On Star's stage poll, it is the most wanted new stage for SF. Of course, if we get a SF Wii U announcement at E3, then we will probably get a stage based off of that.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
I wouldnt mind Krystal that much at all. she's got plenty of potential and she's pretty important to her franchise. i just feel that the series does have enough characters though.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'm neutral to Krystal's inclusion. While SF imo doesn't need four characters, I really don't know much about SF to support or oppose her addition.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Even if we don't get Krystal, it would be nice to get a Saurian stage. It would be a turn from the normal SPACE BATTLE BACKGROUND SF levels. On Star's stage poll, it is the most wanted new stage for SF. Of course, if we get a SF Wii U announcement at E3, then we will probably get a stage based off of that.
Agreed. I really hope Sauria's time didn't pass with Brawl, because no matter what you thought of the game, it would still make a pretty awesome stage. Like you said, if we get a SF Wii U announcement, I'd say the chances wouldn't look great, but who knows, maybe if we get two SF stages the second will be Sauria. It's still a pretty iconic location in the SF series, and there aren't a real abundance of any "must have" stages from that series anyway.

It would help if we also had Krystal, but at this point I'm not counting on that, so really... as long as we get one SF stage not atop a ship, I'll be satisfied. :p

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
sauria as a stage would be amazing

i feel the same way about star fox stages that i do about metroid stages

i'd like to see less brinstar/corneria-esque stages from those two and more "original" stages, for lack of a better word

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
So i looked at the roster display and i saw Gingerbreadman's roster. I don't have much to say on it except that Bomberman isn't from ubisoft. he's owned by Konami.

Bomberman: ♦♦
I love bomberman. His games have always been plentiful and a great deal of them have been on nintendo consoles. His cartoon-ish style makes him an excellent fighter for smashbros. Plus Ubisoft has been awfully generous towards and supportive of the Wii-U. An invitation to an Ubisoft character would be a nice gesture.

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
So i looked at the roster display and i saw Gingerbreadman's roster. I don't have much to say on it except that Bomberman isn't from ubisoft. he's owned by Konami.
Oh dang you're right. I just have a very fond memory of a certain bomberman game published by Ubisoft. The opening title screen didn't let you skip the Ubisoft logo. :p I play it often so that's usually comes to mind. I'll change that right away. Thanks for pointing that out.

Edit: I fixed it in the roster.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
About Gingerbread Man's roster: I'm sad that he cut both Roy and Ike. :(

NOTE: However, Kindly do not start a FE discussion again. Thank you.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Yeah Bomberman was owned by Hudson, but they got bought out by Konami, who pretty much killed them. I also think Bomberman MAY be dead. I'm not sure. But I haven't heard news of him in a long time.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Things don't look good since the one and only Bomberman title in development (the one for the 3DS) got cancelled a while back. I wouldn't be surprised if he was dead. Though it's quite a waste, Bomberman still had a decent amount of popularity in Japan. And he was awesome. :(

Nintendo should've scooped up Hudson when they were selling themselves off.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I definitely think Bomberman would have been a strong character to simply ADD to Konami's arsenal. Definitely up there with Snake and SImon Belmont in terms of gaming iconicism. He's my personal favorite Konami character.

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
About Gingerbread Man's roster: I'm sad that he cut both Roy and Ike. :(

NOTE: However, Kindly do not start a FE discussion again. Thank you.
I'm getting to the reasons. Ike is actually my favorite Lord next to Hector. FE is a tough roster to tackle.
But, like you said enough with FE.

Lets keep the discussion on bomberman :p

Yeah Bomberman was owned by Hudson, but they got bought out by Konami, who pretty much killed them. I also think Bomberman MAY be dead. I'm not sure. But I haven't heard news of him in a long time.
as great as the game is, I think it's potential in many ways has dried up. I mean you can only make so many games featuring the same game play. And they have made a loooot of games.
They'll need some creative devs to give the game new life.

Ove

Smash Journeyman
baby daisy and daisy period are some of the worst suggestions for a nintendo character i've ever seen

people say waluigi of all characters is a bad choice, but those two are ten times worse
Daisy is retro and has been significant for Nintendo up to this day.

She has only appeared in 40-ish big Nintendo games and with that in a lot of different designs. Considering her inclusion in so many Nintendo games, a spot in Smash isn't odd. She even showed the right attitude, so to speak, in Mario Strikers Charged, where she was rather cocky and abundant with fighting spirit.

I'd say she is one of the better suggestions.

Also: Flower Power!

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Well...at least Bomberman is in DreamMix TV World Fighters...that's close enough to Smash, eh? :troll:

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord

She has only appeared in 40-ish big Nintendo games and with that in a lot of different designs. Considering her inclusion in so many Nintendo games, a spot in Smash isn't odd. She even showed the right attitude, so to speak, in Mario Strikers Charged, where she was rather cocky and abundant with fighting spirit.

Every game daisy has been in has also included toad, boo, and shy guy. Does that mean smash should also get these characters? Totaling 11 from the mario universe and 8 exclusive to mario games.

Daisy is not getting in because Mario has enough reps. This will be my only response to this topic.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

Can you make a moveset for Daisy? :smirk: ;)

Why is Daisy a retro?

D

Deleted member

Never played a Bomberman game, so I never cared for him, but everyone seems to be fond of him...

What am I missing?

Also, on Daisy.

She's about as dumb a choice as Rosalina and Ghirahim imo.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
DreamMix TV is kind of a little clunky in terms of gameplay however. But, the roster is so weird that it somehow works, like it crosses the line twice.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
That does it, folks... Ove is either blatantly trolling or is delusional.

Still, Daisy has more chances than Adeleine...

Another case of 'I want it, therefore it is likely and should be in.'

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Bomberman is one of my favorite franchises and one of my most wanted characetrs that will never get in sadly.

Well Black Bomberman isn't getting in over White Bomberman that's for sure.
Naw. he'd obviously be one of Bomberman's alt colors. :awesome:

Hudson was bought by Konami?
No wonder Mario Party 9 is so different from the rest.
Fun fact: The game was still made by ex Hudson Soft employees. :awesome:

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
When I first saw Dreammix I was so mind****ed yet hyped seeing Tyson fighting Megatron.
Then it never came over.

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
Never played a Bomberman game, so I never cared for him, but everyone seems to be fond of him...

What am I missing?
I had trouble finding a video. But this was the game I was referring to.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x18s1_bomberman-ds_videogames#.UVikdZM3t8E
The multiplayer in that is extremely chaotic and fun. It begins to show it off around the halfway mark.

I've played four other bomberman games besides that one. I remember the 64 game being a lot of fun but I lost it a long time ago and haven't played it since.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom