• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Discussion Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Bit of break from the current topic, but in all honestly how surprised would you all be if Ridley doesn't make it in as playable this time? (Again)? I really wouldn't be after all this time. I'm still of the opinion he's around a 50% chance or so...
Wouldn't be that surprised I guess. Would be disappointed to an extent though, but not to the level I was post-Brawl.

D

Deleted member

Whereas I freak out with 99% of programming.
Well, looks like magic could be in the works.

I wonder who else might be up for something like this?

Does ArcSys deliberately slip in these mechanics into their games or are they exploits like Melee's wavedashing and DACUS in Brawl?

They deliberately put it in and it's carefully thought out.

Also, do you wear a ponytail? Well, just a heads up, you do now.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Habanero: Awright- I guess PM then! (Interesting BTW, if that's how it really is- (-ovo-)

Automatic: Yay for more people liking Seliph's Celice's DLC design. (I mean I really like Celice)
I personally adore it because it's very stylish and well-designed, also literal Agent Peacock-outfit What's with those people claiming the official art looks bad, should one even care

Kuma: Pretty much! Just need to adapt to all that later on. It's bit tiring since I kinda feel like working my brain out by concentrating (maybe too hard)

P-Up: Awwww, that's a shame- You don't even need to hack Wii thought to make PM work, since you can do a trick of using just an SD Card.

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
I wish I could expect Ridley as much as you oasis but because of history I can't quite, but as habanero said, it's no deal breaker. I want him, sure but if it turns out he's not in it will probably be just an "aww damn" moment

D

Deleted member

Manly: Hoo, that reminds me, I've been wondering where the art of yours has been at, hahah- (-l<>l-);
I did a couple today.

I haven't done original designs in a while since I've been putting all my drawing time into studying some of Loomis' techniques and human anatomy. Now that I'm more comfortable with the material and have polished my style a bit. I went ahead and worked on some.

I redid, N3ON, just the pose really since I didn't like how the anatomy came out in the first one. This one is much better. Then I did Corph's and -automatic's, just cause I wanted to keep my had working on females. Then after that I went ahead and cooked up Star's and M&SG's.

Tomorrow I'll work on Yuii, and your redesign. And then tackle everyone else we got left to do. The other designs I've gotten done I'm pretty satisfied with, I only felt yours and N3ON's needed a redo.

I'll make them all digital art once I get a decent copy of Photoshop CS5 on my old comp since my new one crashed.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I skipped all the way from CS2 to CS6 and there were a lot of changes.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Went home for Easter but our new router sucks so it prevented my computer from fully loading up sites. Could log in to SWF, but my router disabled me from posting. Too lazy to dig up posts from the past few days so shout outs to N3ON, SSBF, Metal, and Toise for having posts that made me chuckle while I was stuck lurking.

Surprisingly I got the first issue of Sonic & Mega Man: Worlds Collide a week or so early in the mail this weekend. Definitely want both of them together in Smash more than ever now. Watching them beat up on each other in Green Hill Zone is epic and Doctor Eggman & Wily acting like BFFs is hilarious.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
WHAT'S ALL THIS LEARNIN' BUSINESS DOING IN A SMASH GAME. GO PLAY DK JR. MATH IF YOU WANT TO USE YOUR BRAIN.

Sounds like a casual supporter :troll:

WE DON'T WANNA GET BETTER! JUST MAKE US WIN!

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I redid, N3ON, just the pose really since I didn't like how the anatomy came out in the first one. This one is much better. Then I did Corph's and -automatic's, just cause I wanted to keep my had working on females. Then after that I went ahead and cooked up Star's and M&SG's.
Oh, I was fine with mine, I liked it a lot, but if you've redone it already, can I see it? Either PM or just post it here, I don't much care. :grin:

Gotta get back to updating the SWF roster I guess...

This is why Neon's the best poster in this thread.

I'm awarding you the ~automatic seal of approval (design pending).

;)

...anyway, I have a long reply to... someone... I should get to...

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Sounds like a casual supporter :troll:

WE DON'T WANNA GET BETTER! JUST MAKE US WIN!
Pretty much. I guess you could think of it as some viewing Smash/games in general as a leisurely experience while others view it as an excercise. (maybe SPORT would be better?) I don't like the idea that there should be players who DESERVE to have more fun because they spend more time playing the game. It's not necessarily about the win, more like, dominating the other player. Making them completely helpless all the way up to the win. That's no fun. That's not what turning on a game to play in your free time is about. So, creating a game with as few barriers and as as little gaps to different skill levels as possible just seems like the best way of designing things. Not that THE OTHER WAY is necessarily bad, just in this case I suppose I would say so.

Alternatively, my reply would be: "YEAH BECAUSE WHEN I TURN ON A GAME I'M NOT LOOKING FOR FUN, JUST SELF-BETTERMENT." And then I could say something like, how awful of a person you secretly feel you are and that games are the only thing that make you feel good about yourself. Something like that, yeah, it'd be really funny.

ANYWAY YOU SHOULD HUSH AND ANSWER MY OTHER QUESTION. AlsothankyouN3ONforindirectlyremindingmeofsomething.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
So I was watching the top whatever for Marvel at Final Round and I got to thinking. We've talked about MvC type trailers, but let's have a more "accessible" topic in regards to that. What songs would give each character. This includes both veterans and potential newcomers. The songs don't have to be exactly as the video you linked, but enough to get an idea.

Here's what I've got:
Mario
Luigi
Link
Donkey Kong
Samus
Zero Suit Samus
Kirby
Yoshi
Fox
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Capt. Falcon
Ness

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'd personally make the Pokemon Trainer the Route 1 Kanto theme, while Jigglypuff gets the Pokemon Center theme, but otherwise, I agree so far, Kuma.

I may post some later.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So I was watching the top whatever for Marvel at Final Round and I got to thinking. We've talked about MvC type trailers, but let's have a more "accessible" topic in regards to that. What songs would give each character. This includes both veterans and potential newcomers. The songs don't have to be exactly as the video you linked, but enough to get an idea.

Here's what I've got:
Mario
Luigi
Link
Donkey Kong
Samus
Zero Suit Samus
Kirby
Yoshi
Fox
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Capt. Falcon
Ness
I clicked the Luigi video and now I'm curious as to what jokes they were doing for the uploader to remove comments.

It apparently was about Denim

Edit: You ness song isn't from Ness' game

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I clicked the Luigi video and now I'm curious as to what jokes they were doing for the uploader to remove comments.

It apparently was about Denim

From what I remember from Facebook a few years back, apparently it was a joke on some show, I think it was Jersey Shore (thank God that show's gone...), that said the theme sounded like "denim denim denim." I remember it because someone on Facebook misspelled Luigi's name as Louie.

D

Deleted member

Oh, I was fine with mine, I liked it a lot, but if you've redone it already, can I see it? Either PM or just post it here, I don't much care. :grin:

Gotta get back to updating the SWF roster I guess...

I'll just upload all of them. Your changes were minor, I changed the eyes so they don't look so sinister/sharp, changed the sleeve on the coat so there's a bit of asymmetry in the design, and I worked on the scythe a bit. I changed the pose so it's not an accidental rip off of Ephriam's pose from FE.

On ~automatic, she's upside-down because page ergonomics, I was just trying to fit them all in and save paper, so just rotate the picture, or stand on your head...

Corph got the headband she requested.

and Star is a birdman.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
MSG with a banhammer is just so perfect.xD

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
N3ON's got dat ass and lol Mahou Shoujo Croph
Actually, that song is one of the few songs to appear in all three games. It even appears the first time you head to Onett.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Well, I'm back from my week-long spring break cruise, which included diving in Curacao, where Diddy Kong said his girlfriend is from...which, of course, leads me to wish him the heartiest of congratulations at his upcoming fatherhood, as well as the best of luck with it.

Anyways, I come bearing some bad Smash-related news. While I was catching up on this thread onboard, I looked up and saw, sitting at the table across from me, Little Mac. Not currently participating in SSB4, but texting on a cruise ship in Florida. Wearing his Minor Circuit outfit no less.

A moment of silence for all the Little Mac supporters out there, if you please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom