• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Discussion Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well, I think he's a little more realistic since Sega added him to their crossover game

But then again, Sega also added a real person to it as well

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Well, I think he's a little more realistic since Sega added him to their crossover game

But then again, Sega also added a real person to it as well
It was also likely part of the deal with using Sega characters in WIR.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
^ Don't get your hopes too high... I don't mind Roy, but not totally rooting to see him either because I wonder how he can be upped from becoming his own character rather than a clone-to-semiclone (though if the latter is what you want, but I think I'd find it underwhelming.

Like Falkoopa said, Volbound, we're not wanting to play some multimass crossover between companies, that's essentially what you could have other more traditional engines for, like MUGEN. Hype is a tasty cream, not the dough to a delicious cake.
Cake is bread now? Legit!

But yeah, I get what you mean. ;)

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Another way to look at this is short vs. long term filling. Sure, I might be satisfied that such and such is in the game, but it'll wear off over time. Most of my memories of a game are going to be how fun and deep the game is, not so much who was in it. Like, ever notice that I rarely talk about the decisions behind character choices I wasn't feeling (i.e. ROB), but that I talk about how disappointing the game as a whole was to me.
I'm kind of in the same boat. I mean I'll go out of my way to describe how so-and-so could be more improved or expressing concerns with whatever controversial topic. I mean it's a video game, so naturally how it plays should be a bigger concern over how many rainbows and unicorns you can cram onto the disc. I like it when things are polished, not sugar coated.

D

Deleted member

Keep the Bike and make his Dash Attack an actual... Dash Attack from the games.
This. People need to stop bashing the WarioWare inspired moveset.
As big a Wario Land fan as I am (WL3 is the best game ever, anyone who disagrees is wrong :troll:), it absolutely makes sense why WarioWare, the more unique and successful series, had primary inspiriation to Wario's moves. Colonel Campbell was right on the mark when he said Wario "really made his name in the WarioWare games".

That being said, Wario still needs to properly incorporate his iconic techniques of Shoulder Bash and Ground Pound, especially considering they are seen in WarioWare as well. But honestly, people look the wrong way at changing Wario's moveset. Seeing suggestions such as Shake replacing Chomp (which Crusade shows is a poor idea), replacing the Bike with the Shoulder Bash (which replacing his stupid faceplant Dash Attack is the better option), replacing the Wario Waft with the Earthshake Punch (which replacing the pitiful breakdance Down Smash would be the way to go), and randomly giving him his reactions as attacks makes me question how much of a true Wario fan people are.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
What the hell kind of songs could cake make? It doesn't have any hands or ears

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I meant to say songs with words because Sonic Heroes had good music too
Oh. Well I kinda like this:

His World is definitely better without lyrics though I'll give you that. Not that Live & Learn is that big of a masterpiece anyway imho, I always found it overrated. Almost any theme songs for videogames anyway are better without lyrics.

Endless Possibility too is not that bad. I mean, we're talking Sonic songs for sure, you have to listen them in perspective.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I just looked at the Wii U's release schedule, and its looking worse than the GameCube. I really think Nintendo may have come unprepared for HD development. The third-party support is dismal, worse than GameCube and Wii. Nintendo really needs to bring the thunder at E3.

Also, I am increasingly thinking Smash 4 is going to be a Q4 2014 title. The reason for this is because its the biggest title possible that they will have ready for that time. Both the 3D Mario and Mario Kart Wii U will be out before then (they will both be getting playable demos at E3 2013), and Zelda certainly won't be out for 2014 considering its still in the conceptual stages.

Although this sounds sort of like bad news, it should comes as good news for those of us that are worried that Sakurai would delay Smash 4 into 2015 (of which the Wii U probably could not afford).

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I think we'll get both Mario Kart & Galaxy 3 (or Universe?) this year's fall, but yeah, Wii U is looking really bad. I'm having fun with it though.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I love the bike on Wario. One of the most creative special moves (in a game with many creative special moves). The corkscrew makes sense while not the flashiest of moves.

I think the bite is just out of place. Wouldn't mind this replaced.

The waft has potential as a character gimmick (which ROB uses: lasers and fuel recharge over time). But just tacked onto Wario's special move set seems just tacked on.

Golden mentioned having the waft as a Down Smash. Which I think is an excellent idea. Wario's down Smash charges on its own, but cannot be used effectively back to back in quick sucession.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I just looked at the Wii U's release schedule, and its looking worse than the GameCube. I really think Nintendo may have come unprepared for HD development. The third-party support is dismal, worse than GameCube and Wii. Nintendo really needs to bring the thunder at E3.

Also, I am increasingly thinking Smash 4 is going to be a Q4 2014 title. The reason for this is because its the biggest title possible that they will have ready for that time. Both the 3D Mario and Mario Kart Wii U will be out before then (they will both be getting playable demos at E3 2013), and Zelda certainly won't be out for 2014 considering its still in the conceptual stages.

Although this sounds sort of like bad news, it should comes as good news for those of us that are worried that Sakurai would delay Smash 4 into 2015 (of which the Wii U probably could not afford).
Q1/Q2 this year were and continue to be pretty sad, but Q3/Q4 could start turning things around, at least in the first-party department. I'm guessing at least one of 3D Mario or Kart will be released this holiday (or both, if they want to pull the 3D Land/MK7 thing again), plus WW will be out then as well, and probably a few of the other titles shown in the January direct. I really wish they would get to giving the release dates of Pikmin and the W101, as it looks now they might slip into Q3 or something. Plus they'll probably have a new title or two at E3 that'll come out later this year. In any case, I agree so far the Wii U's 2013 has been... pretty damn bad, and now a few games are starting to trickle out, but by the second half of the year, I can see things picking up when Zelda and Mario hit.

And I agree, Q4 2014 is my guess for Smash as well.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Oh. Well I kinda like this:

His World is definitely better without lyrics though I'll give you that. Not that Live & Learn is that big of a masterpiece anyway imho, I always found it overrated. Almost any theme songs for videogames anyway are better without lyrics.
Yeah, Live and Learn and It Doesn't Matter was good for a while. but yeah I agree it quickly became the Lincoln Park songs of video games to me.

This however was a classic
Sonic Rings, Unleashed, Black Knight intro voiced songs idk where to start....

But yeah when it comes to no voice, Sonic music has always been spot on. Rooftop run and the Classic version of Crysis City are my favs

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Is it confirmed the mario game will take place in space?

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
That being said, Wario still needs to properly incorporate his iconic techniques of Shoulder Bash and Ground Pound, especially considering they are seen in WarioWare as well. But honestly, people look the wrong way at changing Wario's moveset. Seeing suggestions such as Shake replacing Chomp (which Crusade shows is a poor idea), replacing the Bike with the Shoulder Bash (which replacing his stupid faceplant Dash Attack is the better option), replacing the Wario Waft with the Earthshake Punch (which replacing the pitiful breakdance Down Smash would be the way to go), and randomly giving him his reactions as attacks makes me question how much of a true Wario fan people are.
I know I said I agreed with something else a few pages back, but agree with this more. Anyway shake would fit as his pummel.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Oh I have a fetish for Super Sonic Racing... I'm sorry but there's nothing I can do about that, I like it. And Sonic Boom also rocks.
Maybe female voices >>> male voices for me?

D

Deleted member

I love the bike on Wario. One of the most creative special moves (in a game with many creative special moves). The corkscrew makes sense while not the flashiest of moves.

I think the bite is just out of place. Wouldn't mind this replaced.

The waft has potential as a character gimmick (which ROB uses: lasers and fuel recharge over time). But just tacked onto Wario's special move set seems just tacked on.

Golden mentioned having the waft as a Down Smash. Which I think is an excellent idea. Wario's down Smash charges on its own, but cannot be used effectively back to back in quick sucession.
I didn't say give it to him as a Down Smash. I was saying make the Earthshake Punch replace his Down Smash instead of replacing the Waft like people were suggesting. :p

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Is it confirmed the mario game will take place in space?
No I'm just guessing. Galaxy 3 wouldn't be a stretch, and also they can't miss the opportunity of making Mario Universe on the Wii U. I mean it's perfect.

Even if I would like a Sunshine 2 but that's just plain wishful thinking.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I am trying to get through the news drought but it's been so long that I've started playing SmashChu-unfriendly KumaOso-friendly traditional 2D fighting games via Wii Virtual Console. :awesome:

While the Gamecube controller is not ideal for Neo Geo fighting games, I am just having fun button-mashing with my brother. Occasionally we might accidentally execute a special move... and when we do, we try to repeat what we did to see the special move again. Sometimes we might string together a special move with a regular move or another special movie... performing combos. It's quite fun. :awesome:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I'm guessing they're done with Mario in space for now. I recall them saying the extra ideas they had for Galaxy was the reason Galaxy 2 was made. I see them going in a new route now.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Oh I have a fetish for Super Sonic Racing... I'm sorry but there's nothing I can do about that, I like it. And Sonic Boom also rocks.
Maybe female voices >>> male voices for me?
Which ones had female voices? Super Sonic racing? Was it like Sonic R?

Sonic songs with words suck?

Well I said everything after Sonic Adventere 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom