• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Discussion Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Going with the top one too, really. This is Smash Bros. Not MUGEN.

Also something interesting I found:

Pretty cool, but needs Drill Dozer reference. Seriously, Drill Dozer needs more love. :(

I'm sure Tri would also appreciate Pulseman hiding somewhere. :awesome:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Sadly I fall in that category because of a few incidents, including what happened to Croph today. :cry:
Don't sweat it. I was joking before, though I guess I'm not too obvious when I do. I should of put something like ;) or :troll:...

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Throwing Nintendo homerism aside, which is more epic of an addition to a game?

Mewtwo, Isaac, Lyn, King K. Rool, Ridley, Starfy, Chrom, Takamaru, Dixie Kong, Toad, and Toon Zelda

or

Mewtwo, Megaman, Ridley, King K. Rool, Bomberman, Black Mage, Rayman, Pac-Man, Tails, Simon Belmont?
Gonna go with the first. It has the essentials, plus some fanservice (Lyn and TZ, and somewhat Issac and Chrom)
But Tails. It's a shame Nintendo hasn't eaten SEGA yet.

Response to everyone that replied to "Poor Rant With Fastblade"
Yeah, Im definitely not doing that again.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
That Waluigi signature never fails to amuse me. Though, I do wish Sega "became one with" Nintendo. Tails 4 Smash!

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Nooooo, neverrr. Nintendo and Sega stay out. Off. Put.

Really Sega is already great the way it is. It does certain things Nintendon't even today. :troll:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Well if Sega did one day become part of Nintendo (which I doubt) then I would have two new characters I would support for Smash.

Not counting Miku ;)

Would be pretty sweet. I'd also have to make peace with the incoming invasion of Sonic characters in Smash. :ohwell:
All in all though, I'd be more than fine if they never merged, but as long as Danica Patrick stays the **** away from my Smash, it'll be ok. :p

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Speaking of Sega...I've just saw a playthrough of Sonic.exe...Needless to say, that was a very, uh, interesting fan-made game. I should really try it out one day...

Anyways, Sega has so many great characters...we really do need a Sega All-Stars Fighter, huh?

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
N30N: VYYYSEEEEE (-´v`-)

I couldn't ever get into NIGHTS-series though. Might try again sometime...

And really, Transformed went wierd with some roster choices (most fan favourites out for more same-series fodders and way too much 3rd parties/4th Parties) and also the AllStars are just bit too generic. But rest is great.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Speaking of Sega...I've just saw a playthrough of Sonic.exe...Needless to say, that was a very, uh, interesting fan-made game. I should really try it out one day...

Anyways, Sega has so many great characters...we really do need a Sega All-Stars Fighter, huh?
Hell yeah we do. I even made a fan community and petition of it so far.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
NiGHTS has to be my favorite Sega game ever. I even adore Christmas NiGHTS. The Wii sequel is a sad example of modern Sega.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I was hoping this so called "Sonic.exe" was like Mega Man.exe

in other words, an RPG type thing

I was severely disappoint

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
The last Sonic game I bought was Sonic Gems Collection in 2005. I really liked Sonic CD, and Sonic the Fighters was an interesting game (I loved the cartoony effects, and I liked how the design for Sonic in that game). I think Sonic the Fighters's design for Sonic is the ideal for Sonic in 3D, and much truer to "classic Sonic" than the design made for Generations.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
N30N: VYYYSEEEEE (-´v`-)

I couldn't ever get into NIGHTS-series though. Might try again sometime...

And really, Transformed went wierd with some roster choices (most fan favourites out for more same-series fodders and way too much 3rd parties/4th Parties) and also the AllStars are just bit too generic. But rest is great.
Yeah, Skies of Arcadia and NiGHTS are my two favourite Sega franchises, and pretty much the only reasons I ever considered getting a Sega system.

Anyway, I agree, the roster was weird, and it was pretty shameless how much they used it for promotion (every character minus Amigo and Alex Kidd had/were going to have a new game/port/remake released around the same time). Plus the 3rd party choices...

Though they added NiGHTS and Vyse, so I can't complain much. Actually I can, and do. Stupid Danica Patrick...

Hopefully a potential Sega brawler has someone creating it who isn't just in it for promotional purposes (though it always comes down to Sega).

D

Deleted member

ChronoBound said:
Its funny how people here are saying Little Mac is expected not wanted, yet he is probably the only Nintendo character after Ridley that could probably bring hype to Smash 4 (especially amongst the gaming press). Sometimes people here are really divorced from reality.
Aren't you forgetting about Mewtwo, who is quite likely the most wanted Nintendo character (and possibly the most wanted overall)?
ChronoBound said:
I am not anti female. I am anti-horny loser fanboys, and dumb female choices. Palutena and Dixie Kong are great choices for newcomers, and Toon Zelda/Impa would be decent choices for a luigi-fied Zelda newcomer (though I don't think we need a Zelda newcomer).
What about Lip? It'd be nice to have a puzzle rep again and I would like to see the Puzzle League get more representation; adding Lip would be a good way to get a newcomer as a puzzle rep.
Shortiecanbrawl said:
I'm not against him either. I don't really find a reason to be against most of the major candidates. I wouldn't be against him just because he has the the right amount of support, he qualifies by Sakurai's standards, and he has prominence within his own series. Plus, his series that sticks out among the large pile of small franchises. I just am not too interested in him, personally. I recognize everything he brings with him though.
There's not really anyone I'm against that I would say have a realistic chance of getting in. The only character I can think of that's generally considered "plausible" that I'm against is Pac-Man and that's because I don't think he's nearly as good of an addition as supporters make him out to be.
Shortiecanbrawl said:
So, N30N brought up the idea that I could add music, AT, and Pokeball section to my poll. My biggest fear is: OMG TOO LONG. But, what would you think of having any of these? IF I could only use one, which would you like to see? What do you guys think?

Lookin' for some general feedback.
It would be nice if you could incorporate them all. Hard to say which one I prefer to most, but I'd say that music gets a slight edge due to how much Nintendo music that can be added.
Call me crazy, but I do think that if they decided to choose a character soley on Fire Emblem Awakening, I think

Chrom and Lucina acting as a tag team

would be pretty cool. It gets rid of Chrom's potential blandness, brings in a new FE concept, and both characters, FE-popularity-wise, are pretty well received.

Although, I still feel they'd be in after Marth, Ike, and possibly Roy, but that's just me. Just if we get a 4-FE-Slot scenario.

EDIT: All this time and I'm still not used to not having spoiler tags...
Suddenly, I'm now interested to see a FE13 rep. Sakurai should totally do this.

Marth, Ike, Roy and Chrome & Lucina would be brilliant.
Volbound1000 said:
Throwing Nintendo homerism aside, which is more epic of an addition to a game?

Mewtwo, Isaac, Lyn, King K. Rool, Ridley, Starfy, Chrom, Takamura, Dixie Kong, Toad, and Toon Zelda

or

Mewtwo, Megaman, Ridley, King K. Rool, Bomberman, Black Mage, Rayman, Pac-Man, Tails, Simon Belmont?
I pick the first option.

While I don't like Lyn and Toon Zelda, I don't mind Chrom and Starfy and would like to see everyone else.

As for the second roster, I hate the idea of Black Mage, Rayman and Simon ever getting into Smash and I'm also not fond of Pac-Man either. Tails I like, but I just don't think he's a good choice for a third-party. The rest is fine, but too much third-party.

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
So what did I miss over the past couple of days, I've been to busy playing the crap out of my new Wii U.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
So what did I miss over the past couple of days, I've been to busy playing the crap out of my new Wii U.
Well, depending on if you got F-Zero before the 21st, then you missed a 30 cent F-Zero for the Wii U.
But now there's 30 cent Punch Out!!, so...
Here, I dont really know. Not sure if there's an actual topic, but meh.

SO, LET'S DISCUSS TAILS FOR SM4SH!11!!!1

Just kidding.

The Black mage

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2492-4215-1228
The last Sonic game I bought was Sonic Gems Collection in 2005. I really liked Sonic CD, and Sonic the Fighters was an interesting game (I loved the cartoony effects, and I liked how the design for Sonic in that game). I think Sonic the Fighters's design for Sonic is the ideal for Sonic in 3D, and much truer to "classic Sonic" than the design made for Generations.
Nack for the win. ( Note: This does not mean I want him in SSB4. I just say I like playing as nack in sonic: the fighters. )

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Thinking back, since Brawl's release I have bought less than 15 contemporary games (games released after Brawl), and about 1/3 of them were basically WiiWare budget titles (Dr. Mario Online Rx, Mega Man 9, Castlevania the Adventure: Rebirth, Excite Bike: World Rally). I am definitely not much of a gamer anymore. That is why I am looking forward to Smash 4 3DS. Its something I could play in short bursts.

The Black mage

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2492-4215-1228
Well, we keep talking bout characters, but what about the stages?

Yeah, yeah. I know I should take this somewhere else, and I DEFFINATELY know you are going t play only 1 map. ( Final destination ), but we should look forward to some stages, too.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Well we talk about characters here because it is a roster discussion thread, Stages should really be discussed in the General SSB4 thread.

But seeing how I'm no better:
A Kid Icarus Stage
Skyloft island from Skyward Sword

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
A stage like WarioWare but with Nintendoland attractions would be awesome (without the random power-up at the end).

TKactual

Smash Journeyman
Tower of Salvation stage from Tales of Symphonia, even if Lloyd doesnt get in so that the tales series is represented with namco

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
A stage like WarioWare but with Nintendoland attractions would be awesome (without the random power-up at the end).
I'm guessing Nintendo Land would work a little more like Delfino Plaza, with more time spent at each transition. Ofc like WarioWare there would be some sort of hazard or gimmick with each (or at least most) attractions.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
What about Lip? It'd be nice to have a puzzle rep again and I would like to see the Puzzle League get more representation; adding Lip would be a good way to get a newcomer as a puzzle rep.
Well the idea of Lip does have that charm to it, like a character that takes influences from the magical girl genre in a vein to how Captain Falcon takes inspiration from the sentai genre. Also would be a nice compliment to Takamaru and Little Mac.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't there a train you ride in Nintendo Land, to the attractions? I've heard ideas before that perhaps you would actually be fighting on the train...and then maybe stop at various attractions?

TKactual

Smash Journeyman
The funny thing is that we already had this conversation about stages awhile back, in fact probably more than once and it wasn't that long ago.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
The funny thing is that we already had this conversation about stages awhile back, in fact probably more than once and it wasn't that long ago.
The really funny thing is you could take out the word "stages", replace it with anything we've ever talked about, and it would still be true. :rolleyes::urg:

...We need some new info...

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Well the idea of Lip does have that charm to it, like a character that takes influences from the magical girl genre in a vein to how Captain Falcon takes inspiration from the sentai genre. Also would be a nice compliment to Takamaru and Little Mac.
Then after that, we need a Gundam-esque character in the form of Rei RAY.

Yet my idea of tiered stages gets skipped over.

D

Deleted member

The really funny thing is you could take out the word "stages", replace it with anything we've ever talked about, and it would still be true. :rolleyes::urg:

...We need some new info...
Totally this. If it weren't for this community being as tight-knited as it is, I would have stopped speculating a long time ago. My patience with GameFAQs can only last so long before I have to take my breaks from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom