• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Discussion Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Kuma stands in the centre. :troll:
Not anymore I ain't.

Call me crazy, but I do think that if they decided to choose a character soley on Fire Emblem Awakening, I think

Chrom and Lucina acting as a tag team

would be pretty cool. It gets rid of Chrom's potential blandness, brings in a new FE concept, and both characters, FE-popularity-wise, are pretty well received.

Although, I still feel they'd be in after Marth, Ike, and possibly Roy, but that's just me. Just if we get a 4-FE-Slot scenario.

EDIT: All this time and I'm still not used to not having spoiler tags...
I just don't see this as something worthy of being worked on. To most people, it's just going to seem like Ice Climbers, except with blue haired swordsmen. Again, if were to go for another FE pick besides Roy, I'd go with Lyn since she sticks out to me more than other Lords. Otherwise, I would probably think of Sheeda/Caeda (apparently they're pronounced the same, Caeda is Gaelic), but I could never figure out how the pegasus would be implemented.

@Kuma to hopefully distract from the fight: I feel the same way about Syrup if Sakurai decides to add a bit from the Wario Land instead of Ware, though at the same time, with what Syrup has been shown for fighting, she might give off a Dr. Eggman vibe, so he would try to get Dr. Eggman instead. :troll:
I was thinking more Tron Bonne than Eggman. And don't worry, I've got this fight taken care of.

D

Deleted member

I mean, I'm playing through Awakening, and I just find the concept really cool. In a four-slot scenario, I feel that it would be the best for a fourth slot, as it adds some pros while eliminating other cons. Sort of a win-win on all fronts.
I full on agree with this. Both Chrom and Lucina are popular, and it represents the tag attack system. That's a win-win if Chrom absolutely has to be in the game.
But it should be like the tag attack system, where they alternate attacks, not like Ice Climber style. That way, it stil has an air of uniqueness to it.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I just don't see this as something worthy of being worked on. To most people, it's just going to seem like Ice Climbers, except with blue haired swordsmen. Again, if were to go for another FE pick besides Roy, I'd go with Lyn since she sticks out to me more than other Lords. Otherwise, I would probably think of Sheeda/Caeda (apparently they're pronounced the same, Caeda is Gaelic), but I could never figure out how the pegasus would be implemented.
Eh, to each their own, I suppose. I personally think it could be kinda cool, but I won't fault you for not thinking so.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I always pictured him as a Garter Belt kind of guy myself.

I know what I'm referencing despite never having seen it. Internet logic.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I full on agree with this. Both Chrom and Lucina are popular, and it represents the tag attack system. That's a win-win if Chrom absolutely has to be in the game.
But it should be like the tag attack system, where they alternate attacks, not like Ice Climber style. That way, it stil has an air of uniqueness to it.
Personally, I think the Ice Climbers need to be redone. I was talking with Diddy the other day about drawing from Guilty Gear's Eddie. Eddie has the ability to cast a shadow than can then be followed up for certain attacks whenever you're ready while Eddie does his work. This would be a really good way to refine the Ice Climbers to something a lot more stable, but still very unique. That, and the setup game for them would be one of the best.

Eh, to each their own, I suppose. I personally think it could be kinda cool, but I won't fault you for not thinking so.
I just think such a concept might be better utilized for someone else, like the Ice Climbers as I mentioned above. Alternative, there is the whole Zelda/Impa thing that's been tossed around. If you ask me though, I'm wondering if Chrom could be an unlockable skin for Marth.

Just the ladies?!
Fine, fine, EVERYONE's panties. Even mine.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Call me crazy, but I do think that if they decided to choose a character soley on Fire Emblem Awakening, I think

Chrom and Lucina acting as a tag team

would be pretty cool. It gets rid of Chrom's potential blandness, brings in a new FE concept, and both characters, FE-popularity-wise, are pretty well received.

Although, I still feel they'd be in after Marth, Ike, and possibly Roy, but that's just me. Just if we get a 4-FE-Slot scenario.
I've always thought of that possibility, but I'd personally bet against it aside from a Final Smash attack for Chrom. Not that I wouldn't mind seeing such a thing or anything.

Just the ladies?!
Wow, when you dress up, you dress up. Almost makes me wonder what you dress up as for Halloween.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
On Chrom and Lucina, check my post in the Lucina thread for my opinion. Just posted it.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
If you ask me though, I'm wondering if Chrom could be an unlockable skin for Marth.
Sakurai did not like the idea of Dr. Mario being an alternate costume for Mario, so I highly doubt he would be cool with a completely different person being an alt costume.

That being said, I think it would be a neat idea if Marth had an alt costume of him wearing Lucina's clothes (though there is a good chance it will probably be his default) and Ike had an alt of him wearing Chrom's outfit (especially considering the similarities of Ike's FE10 outfit with Chrom's).

D

Deleted member

Personally, I think the Ice Climbers need to be redone. I was talking with Diddy the other day about drawing from Guilty Gear's Eddie. Eddie has the ability to cast a shadow than can then be followed up for certain attacks whenever you're ready while Eddie does his work. This would be a really good way to refine the Ice Climbers to something a lot more stable, but still very unique. That, and the setup game for them would be one of the best.
Don't hate me for this, but I don't think that sounds like something suited for the Ice Climbers...
Sounds more like something you'd expect from the Wonderful 101 Guy to me. (By which I mean, casting a shadow that represents other heroes that can follow up on attacks, and even fuse with the W101 Guy to do Green Lantern-esque abilities like shown in the trailers)

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I sit at home alone, eating a bowl of candy while watching Planet of the Apes marathons...

I need to lie down...

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Don't hate me for this, but I don't think that sounds like something suited for the Ice Climbers...
Sounds more like something you'd expect from the Wonderful 101 Guy to me. (By which I mean, casting a shadow that represents other heroes that can follow up on attacks, and even fuse with the W101 Guy to do Green Lantern-esque abilities like shown in the trailers)
You took my post too literally. I'm not saying that there needs to be a shadow. Rather, Nana cannot be desynced from Popo (at least not like now). To "desync" her, you have to press Down B to temporarily get control of her (Popo will be darkened out like in SFxTK) and get an attack in, some of which are entirely exclusive to Nana.

D

Deleted member

You took my post too literally. I'm not saying that there needs to be a shadow. Rather, Nana cannot be desynced from Popo (at least not like now). To "desync" her, you have to press Down B to temporarily get control of her (Popo will be darkened out like in SFxTK) and get an attack in, some of which are entirely exclusive to Nana.
Alright, I'm probably taking this too literally again, but now it sounds like DKC style switching on a set timer. I think you might have to go into full detail for me to understand (though in a PM as to not swamp the thread).

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
This sounds more like how Diddy/Dixie tag team could have worked.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Ice Climbers need: no grabbing option for Nana (and make it able to select Nana again through costumes to balance out sexism :rolleyes: ), worse grab range, worse killing power / damage output and I think they'd be much more balanced.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Alright, I'm probably taking this too literally again, but now it sounds like DKC style switching on a set timer. I think you might have to go into full detail for me to understand (though in a PM as to not swamp the thread).
Come to think of it, you're right on the mark.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Throwing Nintendo homerism aside, which is more epic of an addition to a game?

Mewtwo, Isaac, Lyn, King K. Rool, Ridley, Starfy, Chrom, Takamura, Dixie Kong, Toad, and Toon Zelda

or

Mewtwo, Megaman, Ridley, King K. Rool, Bomberman, Black Mage, Rayman, Pac-Man, Tails, Simon Belmont?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Here's hoping that Diddy's peanuts get a slipping effect, to balance out the fact that we get a possible new Down B. Overall, I hope they make Diddy's recovery a bit more safe, and boost killing power a little on some moves. I also hope he uses his tail more than his AAA. I was slightly disapointed with this aspect in his Brawl moveset. But overall, his playstyle really grew on me now. So if nothing changed, no problem. :p

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So I just managed to play HarmoKnight.

Count me in to support Tempo for Smash. (This guy is becoming my new favourite Nintendo-character now~)

I definitely love the game and fully support Tempo. The demo was hella fun. It comes out tomorrow in the US, so I'll pick it up then. Can't way to play it in full.

It's sad that he'd likely be relegated to an Assist Trophy. Nonetheless, I think I'll make a moveset for the guy sometime soon. The demo gave me some ideas.
\

Oh, and that first option is by far more epic, Volbound

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
(though in a PM as to not swamp the thread).
Someone call me? :troll:

Alright folks. Little game!

Pick a newcomer or previously cut melee veteran and think of three interesting taunts, three victory animations and an entrance!

GO!

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
No really even if I bet Tempo seems not very likely I'd LOVE LOVE LOVE to play as him in Smash.

With that "timing and rhythm"-styled play similar how Marth's Dancing Play works. He'd have this flow-play to him I'd love to get behind with.

I dunno how I'd feel if he was an Assist. If he's a good one though then nice. But I'd be wishing he was playable though.

R.O.B: One more word and I throw Totoro at your face.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Mewtwo, Isaac, Lyn, King K. Rool, Ridley, Starfy, Chrom, Takamaru, Dixie Kong, Toad, and Toon Zelda

or

Mewtwo, Megaman, Ridley, King K. Rool, Bomberman, Black Mage, Rayman, Pac-Man, Tails, Simon Belmont?
Fixed. You misspelled his name.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

Mewtwo, Isaac, Lyn, King K. Rool, Ridley, Starfy, Chrom, Takamura, Dixie Kong, Toad, and Toon Zelda

or

You listed all my favourites in the upper group. :laugh:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
No really even if I bet Tempo seems not very likely I'd LOVE LOVE LOVE to play as him in Smash.

With that "timing and rhythm"-styled play similar how Marth's Dancing Play works. He'd have this flow-play to him I'd love to get behind with.

I dunno how I'd feel if he was an Assist. If he's a good one though then nice. But I'd be wishing he was playable though.

R.O.B: One more word and I throw Totoro at your face.

He'd definitely get props for uniqueness. That, and the game just has that charm, you know? A rhythm-based fighter sounds pretty great, as well.

Anyway, for a recovery, I always thought he'd use that bird from the first boss battle, but I noticed something. It looks almost like a Blitzle-colored Swablu. Well, it is by Gamefreak after all. :awesome:
Just something I noticed.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Here's hoping that Diddy's peanuts get a slipping effect, to balance out the fact that we get a possible new Down B. Overall, I hope they make Diddy's recovery a bit more safe, and boost killing power a little on some moves. I also hope he uses his tail more than his AAA. I was slightly disapointed with this aspect in his Brawl moveset. But overall, his playstyle really grew on me now. So if nothing changed, no problem. :p
I like the way you think, Diddy. After all, spider monkeys are known for their powerful tail. His Rocket Barrel should at least be more effective like how it was in DCKR.

Young Seahorsetail.: LIke hell you would, Lloyd fanboy. I got muscles and your arguement is invalid.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

or

The top one. ;)

Go parade your 3rd party bias somewhere else, it should get pretty positive reception in the Youtube comments section... where the most popular characters are Shadow, Sora, Goku, Naruto, and WAAA.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
:diddy: 's tail would also add a bit more range to his attacks. Hope his U Tilt for example also features his tail, kinda like a weaker, but faster Mewtwo's U Air. But the kicking hitbix remains, but the tail would be weak like Pikachu's U Tilt (minus gimping options). His F Tilt as a tail move similar to Yoshi's F Tilt in Brawl would also add range. A maybe a tail sweeping hitbox similar to Yoshi's D Smash on :diddy: 's D Smash would do the same to. Make the tail fast, slightly weaker than other moves, but trippy effects and very fast and ling ranged. This would really make up for anything bananas would otherwise provide.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
:diddy: 's tail would also add a bit more range to his attacks. Hope his U Tilt for example also features his tail, kinda like a weaker, but faster Mewtwo's U Air. But the kicking hitbix remains, but the tail would be weak like Pikachu's U Tilt (minus gimping options). His F Tilt as a tail move similar to Yoshi's F Tilt in Brawl would also add range. A maybe a tail sweeping hitbox similar to Yoshi's D Smash on :diddy: 's D Smash would do the same to. Make the tail fast, slightly weaker than other moves, but trippy effects and very fast and ling ranged. This would really make up for anything bananas would otherwise provide.
Now you're playing with the power!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom