• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Discussion Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
People just seem to lack patience these days. Waiting is not a chore, so stop pretending it is. If it's really that unbearable, then just do something else to distract you.

Totally this. If it weren't for this community being as tight-knited as it is, I would have stopped speculating a long time ago. My patience with GameFAQs can only last so long before I have to take my breaks from there.
I haven't been back to GameFAQs since before coming here, and I am fine with it since this place is better (even though we can fight :awesome:)

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
People just seem to lack patience these days. Waiting is not a chore, so stop pretending it is. If it's really that unbearable, then just do something else to distract you.
In other words, get laid.

D

Deleted member

Then after that, we need a Gundam-esque character in the form of Rei RAY.
Isn't Ray the opposite of a Gundam? :troll:
You should look into one of those Marionation Gear things for a Gundam-like mecha. :awesome:

EDIT: Like Warrior Mech Gauss.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I like the way Kuma said it more. :awesome:

Totally this. If it weren't for this community being as tight-knited as it is, I would have stopped speculating a long time ago. My patience with GameFAQs can only last so long before I have to take my breaks from there.
Yeah, I honestly lost my patience for the other places a while ago, but the community and level of discussion when I started posting (now it goes in and out :smirk:) kept me here. For better or for worse, I'm staying put until we know everything about this game. ;)

D

Deleted member

While waiting for any sort of news at all is painful, it will be easy to wait once we get some form of media about the game.
.....at least until the rush of newbies....

TKactual

Smash Journeyman
I've got tons of patience so I can wait for new info to come out, patience is how I beat everyone at chess and also just moving my king back and forth until they get impatient and make a mistake.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I'll be going through a big transition period so I'll be able to divert my attention away from here when needed.

TKactual

Smash Journeyman
While waiting for any sort of news at all is painful, it will be easy to wait once we get some form of media about the game.
.....at least until the rush of newbies....
Thats right I almost forgot about the rush of newbies. i need to get my ranking up to smash journeyman before that happens so people will be able to tell that I'm not one of the newbies. Just need to get that 25 likes trophy, well I got a lot of time so no worries I guess. I'm at 7.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Kinda wish the search posts/threads tool on the site worked, I would love to go and dig up some of my old stage concepts, rework them, and re-post them here. Been meaning to do so with my FE stages in particular since I've finished FE12/13 now. Kinda also wish someone would start up a "Make your own Stage" thread.

I'm sure Tri would also appreciate Pulseman hiding somewhere. :awesome:
Good...

On a serious note, it's really kinda sad that Game Freak's stuck with Pokemon. It's obvious they have talent, and I do enjoy the Pokemon series just like anyone else, but words cannot express how much I'd like to see them help out in the IP department as well as put out sequels for their current original non-Pokemon games. Pulseman, Drill Dozer, and Harmoknight are all great examples of games that have untapped potential gameplay-wise and probably money-wise too, that Nintendo should get behind.

Totally this. If it weren't for this community being as tight-knited as it is, I would have stopped speculating a long time ago.
Same here. That and it's fun fighting guys like Toise, Chrono, and Oasis, and getting fat off popcorn while SmashChu & Kuma have at it.

Wait another year or two and you'll see what some of us have been through. :troll:

But in all seriousness the dumb is getting tiresome (Nintendo Console Bot character? Really?). Excuses like "E3" are just getting plain old. If the thread's dumb right now and will be dumb come E3...I hope you all can see where I'm going with this. At the very least we should take a lot of our discussions to the Social thread like Mario_Sonic recommended and leave this thread for the core discussion we hypocritically keep asking for.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Kinda wish the search posts/threads tool on the site worked, I would love to go and dig up some of my old stage concepts, rework them, and re-post them here. Been meaning to do so with my FE stages in particular since I've finished FE12/13 now. Kinda also wish someone would start up a "Make your own Stage" thread.
I'd love that. I'll definitely subscribe and post there regularly.

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
TKactual, you go up by posting a bunch (I think)

Yes Nintendo Land has a train, but I don't want the stage to be another "Big Blue". So the train would have to

A. Go slow
B. Make the train as big as the screen

TKactual

Smash Journeyman
TKactual, you go up by posting a bunch (I think)

Yes Nintendo Land has a train, but I don't want the stage to be another "Big Blue". So the train would have to

A. Go slow
B. Make the train as big as the screen
Huh, I thought it was those trophy points or something. Hey, still want to know if super smash flash is worth it and is flash 2 the newest?

D

Deleted member

Huh, I thought it was those trophy points or something. Hey, still want to know if super smash flash is worth it and is flash 2 the newest?
Flash 2 is the newest. Haven't checked out the latest version though.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Super Smash Flash is pretty much what happens when you give the IP to the more dull witted fans out there, and defeat the purpose of the whole Nintendo crossover thing.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Hey guys is super smash flash worth getting and whats the latest version?
Try the second one (which is 90% finished). The gameplay is pretty good, several characters' movesets are much better, and the stage selection is amazing.

D

Deleted member

Super Smash Flash is pretty much what happens when you give the IP to the more dull witted fans out there, and defeat the purpose of the whole Nintendo crossover thing.
Unfortunately, it seems that way with the characters. Had this game been near completion around 2008/2009, my much more illogical-self would have absolutely loved this roster because it contained Mega Man and Goku (and an excess of third-party and anime characters). Thankfully, I've grown up...

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
i saw that roster when I was 10, hated it ever since (even though it had spiderman (think it had spiderman))

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
The ironic thing about this conversation is that I can already see a Super Smash Flash 2 ad on this page. XD

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
i saw that roster when I was 10, hated it ever since (even though it had spiderman (think it had spiderman))
To my knowledge, neither SSF or SSF2 have Spider-Man in them, but the first did have original Sonic characters, which is just the epitome of terrible.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
To add insult to injury, a lot of the characters in Super Smash Flash 2 lack a sense of synergy. They simply feel like their trying too hard to be original at the cost of being competent.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
To my knowledge, neither SSF or SSF2 have Spider-Man in them, but the first did have original Sonic characters, which is just the epitome of terrible.
I'm actually glad all the fan and Disney characters are gone in SSF2 since they were much worse than the third parties. Spider Man is an expansion character BTW.

I wouldn't mind if Wreck It Ralph was Mr. Incredible's replacement. :cool:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I'm actually glad all the fan and Disney characters are gone in SSF2 since they were much worse than the third parties. Spider Man is an expansion character BTW.

I wouldn't mind if Wreck It Ralph was Mr. Incredible's replacement. :cool:
Ah, my bad. Once I unlocked the second fan character and Mr. Incredible I pretty much just said "**** it" and walked away forever. I hear SSF2 is a lot better, mechanic-wise, and roster-wise I suppose it isn't as dreadful... but as long as Goku, Naruto, and Ichigo (and any other manga/anime/comic/movie characters I'm not aware of) are in it, I'll pass. Like Habanero said, they don't understand the point of Smash.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Keep in mind that NIntendo co-published Jump Ultimate Stars and Jump Super Stars with Shueisha. So it isn't too much of a stretch. Even the Mario coin sound effects were used in both games. Though, that doesn't mean they are eligible for a real Super Smash Bros. game.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Brawl had way more awful stages than Super Smash Flash 2 IMO. 75M and Rumble Falls anyone?
75m and Mario Bros. were great shout outs to classic games but were just plain bad stages to play on. Rumble Falls wasn't a bad stage for what it was meant to be imo.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Last I checked, a fangame doesn't need to be realistic.
Don't worry Golden, I like Crusade more. :rolleyes:;)

Keep in mind that NIntendo co-published Jump Ultimate Stars and Jump Super Stars with Shueisha. So it isn't too much of a stretch. Even the Mario coin sound effects were used in both games. Though, that doesn't mean they are eligible for a real Super Smash Bros. game.
True, but I doubt the creators of the fangames would use this as the reason they decided to include the Jump characters. Plus now we might as well get a little Lego man in some fangame. :laugh:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Don't worry Golden, I like Crusade more. :rolleyes:;)
I actually like Flash 2 a bit more, but that's only because it has Lloyd and doesn't have Duck Hunt Dog. Both have anime characters and more than one Sonic character, so their rosters are both pretty terrible. Though from what I've heard the mechanics are alright.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom