• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Discussion Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FourStar

Smash Ace
Captain Falcon would stay, and we won't see another until SSB5 when F-Zero releases on Wii U and 3DS

EXACTLY. plus i see more popular series such as pokemon and zelda getting another addition to the roster
Captain Falcon would stay, and we won't see another until SSB5 when F-Zero releases on Wii U and 3DS

Well we could still have a Ray that is not Ray Mk II, like Ray Mk III from Arena.
Exactly! plus series like Pokemon and Zelda will see more additions to the roster than any other game

I see Mario, Pokemon, and Zelda getting 5 spots.

I would add characters like Bowser Jr, Ghirahim, Gold, Zoroark, Micaiah, Chrom, Isa Jo, Shulk, Matthew, Little Mac, Mii, Andy, Captain Syrup, Mona, Palutena, Magnus, Sheriff, and Takamaru.

D

Deleted member

DragonSniperNintendo said:
Well we could still have a Ray that is not Ray Mk II, like Ray Mk III from Arena.
It'd be fantastic if Ray were to show up, but I seriously don't see us getting him. His popularity has declined significantly ever since the last game and other potential newcomers from misc. series have better resume. Noise does want to make a Custom Robo game, so he might show up in Smash 5 if he becomes popular again, but I think he missed the boat for Smash 4.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I see Mario, Pokemon, and Zelda getting 5 spots.

I would add characters like Bowser Jr, Ghirahim Tingle, Gold, Zoroark, Micaiah Lyn, Chrom Roy, Isa Jo Saki, Shulk, Matthew Isaac, Little Mac, Mii, Andy, Captain Syrup, Mona Ashley, Palutena, Magnus Toad, Sheriff, and Takamaru.
My list. :) :troll:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
We all: Little Mac.

Mac: Yeah, look! They like me, only me.

We all: But if we could personally choose... *insert someone else*

Mac: ...

Lyn: True fans there indeed.

Isaac: People are like sheep.

Jeff: And that's how government works in a nutshell.

(Also you know who I'd personally choose...)

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I can't decide between Samurai Goroh, and Tingle :l

Goroh... *sighs*

@Mac, Nothing against him but I find him pretty dull. Would choose even Starfy, Lyn, and Saki over him.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Horsey, that last post cracked me up. Needed that, thanks. ;)

Isaac for me though. Extremely easy choice.

Runner ups: Lyn, Samurai Goroh, Saki and Little Mac.

D

Deleted member

Actually playing Punch-Out for the Wii (I remember being excited for the game for an unexplainable reasoning, as I never played a PO before), I geniunely want Mac because I would like him, rather than because he deserves it.

Conversely, I know Waluigi doesn't exactly deserve it, but I'd love it if he were playable. I'd probably main him.

And even then, Shadow is a character I want heavily, regardless of his chances, and I'd definitely main him.
So of the three, Shadow wins out for me in terms of want.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Its funny how people here are saying Little Mac is expected not wanted, yet he is probably the only Nintendo character after Ridley that could probably bring hype to Smash 4 (especially amongst the gaming press). Sometimes people here are really divorced from reality.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
...You know ...Ridley has data as an Assist Trophy.

Otherwise I'm kind of torn between Isaac and Saki, so I'm just going to go with the Excited Biker.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Its funny how people here are saying Little Mac is expected not wanted, yet he is probably the only Nintendo character after Ridley that could probably bring hype to Smash 4 (especially amongst the gaming press). Sometimes people here are really divorced from reality.
Forgetting K. Rool?

Little Mac doesn't seem interesting to many over here, from what I've seen.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
SSB4 Challenge/Discussion #8: A SINGLE Promotion

I would promote Andross from an assist to a mad scientist with a body.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Forgetting K. Rool?

Little Mac doesn't seem interesting to many over here, from what I've seen.
I have not seen much interest in K. Rool amongst the gaming media, whereas they generally seem to be big fans of the Punch-Out series. K. Rool is also nowhere near as major as Diddy Kong was.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
I've played Punch-out!!...on Animal Crossing. :awesome:

I do expect Little Mac, and I personally want him. I think he can bring an interesting moveset and personality to the roster...if that makes any sense.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Well Little Mac is the main character of a series that generally makes waves in NA when it's released, when in comparison most of the other remaining characters are supporting roles in bigger series or main roles in series smaller than Punch-Out, so it's more like most of Little Mac's competition this time around isn't too strong among the average gamer than Little Mac being some huge hype machine (he's a decent hype machine, sure, but no more than most of the Brawl newcomers).

D

Deleted member

@Mac, Nothing against him but I find him pretty dull.
Same with me. I did support his inclusion for awhile, until I realize just how little I cared about his inclusion. I do imagine he has a large fan base, but one that is very quiet.

The only reason why I'm not against his inclusion is because of the uniqueness the stage provides and hopes that Doc Louis can make comments about certain opponents in a funny way.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Little Mac seems dull to me. But if Sakurai wants to put him in, I am sure he'll be flavorful and fun to play as.

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
I think your assuming too much.

Punchout may be retro and consequently gone down the hall of fame, but people could easily get hyped for other characters. Tons of people hardly knew a thing about Pit. Yet, I've known many people who got hyped for that character even if they haven't heard of Kid Icarus prior to brawl. Any character can pull that same sort of attention. They do not need to be old to do it either.

This is probably more outside to super hardcore group that you would see not on forums posting speculations.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Not wanting a character =/= generally not wanted

I don't really WANT Little Mac, but I vote for him on polls. Don't know why. I stopped voting for Isaac forever ago. (not that I dislike either character, they just aren't my favorites) If anything I think people are interested in Mac, or at the very least don't mind if he's included. There is a decent amount of people who think he's boring though.

And how are we divorced from reality?All we said is we would rather have other characters than Mac.

Little Mac seems dull to me. But if Sakurai wants to put him in, I am sure he'll be flavorful and fun to play as.
Pretty much how I see a lot of people who aren't exactly EXCITED about Mac view him.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Well Little Mac is the main character of a series that generally makes waves in NA when it's released, when in comparison most of the other remaining characters are supporting roles in bigger series or main roles in series smaller than Punch-Out, so it's more like most of Little Mac's competition this time around isn't too strong among the average gamer than Little Mac being some huge hype machine (he's a decent hype machine, sure, but no more than most of the Brawl newcomers).
You pretty much hit the nail on the head. There are very few characters left outside of the Mario universe that the casual Nintendo fan knows about at this point that is not yet playable.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I think you're underestimating some things here. I see Mewtwo, K.Rool (I know you talked about him, but regardless, I feel the same) and a Mario Newcomer bringing a lot of hype for most amongst the press with Isaac, Shulk and Palutena receiving a fair amount of hype.

Then again, any new character will create hype.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Sometimes people here are really divorced from reality.
I could make a bad joke out of this, but I won't. :shades:

Anyway Little Mac's cool, he's one of my favorite newcomer choices and gets my nomination for most deserving newcomer (not counting Mewtwo vet stuff). People say his moveset would be boring, but I just don't see it, and honestly his simplicity, IMO, is one of his best characteristics. Also we need Doc Louis in Smash by any means necessary.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Mac: ...

Lyn: True fans there indeed.
)
I hate to bring this up, but have you ever heard of the "female FE character bandwagon". As in they don't actually support the character (at least the majority) and simply gravitate towards whomever they feel is the most likely female FE character to get in at the time. So Lyn should not be throwing stones in glass houses. :troll:

peeup

Smash Lord
I frankly think Mewtwo and Roy being in the E3 trailer would bring more hype than anybody else could. Especially if their appearance in it were kinda like Snake's appearance in the Brawl trailer. That being, like after the trailer is done and the 5ish newcomers have been showcased, it fades to black, but then there's this very brief scene with Roy and Mewtwo looking ****ing epic.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I suppose you think the same about Micaiah and Lucina. :troll:
Lucina surprisingly has not taken off as a popular choice for Smash 4 (though she could very well be the most wanted female FE character at this point). A significant handicap for her is the hatred of clones is strong as the horniness for more females.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Anyway Little Mac's cool, he's one of my favorite newcomer choices and gets my nomination for most deserving newcomer (not counting Mewtwo vet stuff). People say his moveset would be boring, but I just don't see it, and honestly his simplicity, IMO, is one of his best characteristics. Also we need Doc Louis in Smash by any means necessary.
Ah, I too view his simplicity as a good thing. I personally think Marth is pretty simple, in terms of attacks. But he's also graceful, and his attacks flow nice together. I'm sure Little Mac could be similar...perhaps having a more "edgy" feel.

peeup

Smash Lord
My only hope for Little Mac being fun to play is if they take a Steve Fox type approach with him and kinda break away from the standard *four special attacks* and everything else, and instead give him some other control options.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
There are very few characters left outside of the Mario universe that the casual Nintendo fan knows about at this point that is not yet playable.
Sad but true. Well I still like you guys even if you are really obscure (Saki, Takamaru, Mach Rider).

Lucina surprisingly has not taken off as a popular choice for Smash 4 (though she could very well be the most wanted female FE character at this point). A significant handicap for her is the hatred of clones is strong as the horniness for more females.
There's now a Lucina thread here now, so we'll see. Anyway Chrom and the fact that Lucina just begs to be an alternate costume puts her down more than anything. Would say it's a bit of a shame though, honestly I liked her more as a character than Chrom.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
I frankly think Mewtwo and Roy being in the E3 trailer would bring more hype than anybody else could. Especially if their appearance in it were kinda like Snake's appearance in the Brawl trailer. That being, like after the trailer is done and the 5ish newcomers have been showcased, it fades to black, but then there's this very brief scene with Roy and Mewtwo looking ****ing epic.
You don't know how much I want this.

[collapse=Damn this is hot]
[/img]

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
If either Mewtwo or Roy don't come back, we'll need a grief counselor on these forums teaching people to move on.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
You pretty much hit the nail on the head. There are very few characters left outside of the Mario universe that the casual Nintendo fan knows about at this point that is not yet playable.
And that matters much because...

Will you ever stop with this crap?

I do agree though that she and Chrom are more or less doomed to be clones. Sure, their Falchions look the same, but it's implied (at least from what I've played so far of Awakening), that the Falchion Marth had was the same one and that it simply got redesigned for artistic reasons. At least Lyn has way more potential for her given the Batto-jutsu inspired style she has in FE7.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom