• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Discussion Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

peeup

Smash Lord
This what I was able to come up with. I did it in my astronomy class. I don't have access to a scanner at the moment so i just took a pic with phone

Gamecube and SNES for the shoulders
WiiU and Wii for biceps (They really are just white boxes Lol)
Gameboy Color and two Gameboy Micros for the forearm
NES for the chest.
N64 for the pelvis.
Game&Watch and the Fat White O.G Gameboy for the legs.
Gameboy SP and Famicom for the feet.
I made him wield the Zapper and Wiimote with motion plus add-on.
I also gave him the DK Bongos that came with Jungle Beat for jet-packs (you can kinda see it behind the N64)
And a N64 controller hood ornament/crown on his head.
Holy bajeezes I gotta go change my pants real quick.

Okay I'm making a thread. Don't even care if it gets locked.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
Hmm....

Maybe this is Diddy's Girlfriend.

I think I remember him appreciating her *** at one point (dead serious).
in canon Diddy and Dixie r BF/GF and i'm pretty sure Tiny and Dixie are sisters or something like that. So yeah maybe Diddy's only dating her to get to her sister :)

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
in canon Diddy and Dixie r BF/GF and i'm pretty sure Tiny and Dixie are sisters or something like that. So yeah maybe Diddy's only dating her to get to her sister :)
Wow. Diddy's a busy monkey.

And I don't only mean the game character. :p

In all seriousness I wish you the best of success Didds.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
A blonde Takamaru would remind me of this guy:

Seriously, is Aoi Sekai no Chushin de the closest thing we have to a Super Smash anime? :c
'

I always thought this was an inside joke to BOTH Link and Takamaru because hey, he's a blonde samurai.

And nah. More like Sega X Nintendo if you ask me.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Well, why not look at the aspects of Duckhunt itself and think about the relationship between the light gun and the dog?

Let's see here. The light gun user and the dog are separate "characters". You control one and the other finishes your work for you. One thing we could go with here are the stone pigeons for skeet shooting. The dog could throw them out in some fixed path and pressing B would cause the "hunter" to shoot the stone pigeon while the dog continues to fight. Another thing is that the ducks could also be called on, but go in a zigzag pattern where pressing down B causes them to get shot and the fall straight down as a form of vertical zoning. The third special could be a pouncing command grab that triples as an anti-air and a suicide move. Finally his recovery move would a big jump like in the minigames and he could be shot at (but dodges) and hit the opponent next to him.
The hunter and the dog are separate "characters". That is what I got in mind, correct. I control the dog but not the hunter. The hunter finishes the dog's work by shooting wherever the dog is pointing at. Correct, just how I had in mind.

The specials (except recovery move) you described pretty much match how I envisioned them. The recovery move I had in mind was the dog flying away with ducks... just like in that Crusade video. It's just too good. :awesome:

I was thinking that the ducks could be somewhat like disjointed hitboxes? Like, when the dog uses a duck as a bludgeoning weapon... and if a character shoots a projectile at the dog... and if the dog uses a punch or a kick on the projectile, the dog gets hurt... but if the dog uses a duck, only the duck gets hurt.

I was also thinking about Snake's Smash Up move where Snake shoots a missile upward and it goes back down... this missile has its own disjointed hitbox. Now, picture this missile as a duck. If the dog's Smash Up move is releasing a duck... the duck flies upward, maybe in a zigzag pattern like you described, and the duck pecks anyone who is in the way till it flies offscreen (flying away just like in the NES game).

I also liked this move the dog did in Crusade... it looks like it might be Aerial Forward+A (Meteor Smash?)... anyway, what the dog does is he pulls out a duck, swings it like a bludgeoning weapon, and then releases it. The duck flies away upward... now it is a flying disjointed hitbox.

Welp! I think Duck Hunt Dog might be a tricky character to use with all these flying disjointed hitboxes ducks. :awesome:

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
'

I always thought this was an inside joke to BOTH Link and Takamaru because hey, he's a blonde samurai.

And nah. More like Sega X Nintendo if you ask me.
If it wasn't for the fact that apparently Konami, ATLUS, and Hudson all exist in that franchise also :laugh: then maybe it would be SEGA X Nintendo. :troll:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
If there is a Nintendo X Sega game.... I hope Shion (Wonder Boy in Monster World) and Asha (Monster World IV) get in. I loved those games - possibly my favorite Sega Genesis games in my vast library of Virtual Console games. Also, Streets of Rage characters like Blaze, Skate, and Roo would be pretty fun. :awesome: I just love my beat'em up games.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Aside from Sonic VS Mario apparently...

Ai Ai VS DK

Gilius VS Pit

Raphael / Phantom R VS Tempo ( I think?)

Billy VS Yoshi

Arle VS Lip

Vyse VS Shulk

Beat VS Ness

We'd have quite hefty amount of options.

SSB4 Challenge/Discussion #8: A SINGLE Promotion

Super Smash Bros Brawl was the first game in the series to introduce Assist Trophies, items that when released, similar to the Pokeballs, unleash an assistant to help the player against their opponents. These included the likes of Ray Mk II, Saki Amamiya, Isaac, Lyn, Mr. Wright, Infantry/Tanks, and Little Mac. They were not playable and just there as assistants to the players, even though a lot of them could work and many gamers/fans would want them as such.

Here is the scenario, ONE of these Assist Trophies would make it into Super Smash Bros 4 as a playable character. This would not mean the franchises of the ones not chosen could not still get in with a playable character, it just means that it would be by another character from the franchise and not the ones that were ATs in Brawl. Who would your choice be for the assist trophy that would be promoted to playable character status? And EXPLAIN WHY it should be them.

Enjoy.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Little Mac because that should be obvious.

(my personal choice should also be obvious ;))

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
That's a really tough one. You've got Little Mac, Lyn, Saki, Isaac, Waluigi, Starfy, RAY, and Goroh that are all really good choices.

I want to say Lyn just because she seems like a left field character.

Little Mac because that should be obvious.

(my personal choice should also be obvious ;))
Agreed (and I know the personal choice), Little Mac would be the one

Then the other franchises could be repped with other characters like Isa Jo, Matthew :awesome:, Andy, Sami, Max, Will, Jake, Ghirahim, Ray Mk III, Ridley, Anthony Higgs, Adam Malkovich, Micaiah, Sheeda, Lucina, Chrom, Captain Syrup, Mona, Impa, Bowser Jr, Prince Fluff, Waddle Dee, etc.

That's a really tough one. You've got Little Mac, Lyn, Saki, Isaac, Waluigi, Starfy, RAY, and Goroh that are all really good choices.

I want to say Lyn just because she seems like a left field character.
If one of the characters didn't get chosen, their series could still get repped by someone else. Like Isa for Sin & Punishment, Matthew for Golden Sun, Micaiah/Sothe/Sheeda/Chrom/Lucina for Fire Emblem, Andy/Sami/Max/Jake/Will for Advance Wars, and Ray Mk III for Custom Robo.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
If the assist trophies became playable, I wouldn't consider them newcomers, because we seen them before battling on stages.

Real newcomers would be Shulk, Palutena (Even though we saw her on Pit's Final Smash), Dillon, King K. Krool, Megaman, Pac-Man, and Miciciah.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
If the assist trophies became playable, I wouldn't consider them newcomers, because we seen them before battling on stages.

Real newcomers would be Shulk, Palutena (Even though we saw her on Pit's Final Smash), Dillon, King K. Krool, Megaman, Pac-Man, and Miciciah.
So the Pokemon Trainer used two newcomers and a veteran in Brawl? :rolleyes:

Newcomers are characters that haven't been playable before, including any past AT (or Pokeball Pokemon) that becomes a fully fledged playable character this time around.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Little Mac is pretty obvious. Punch-Out!! seems to be getting more and more attention from Nintendo lately.

Other Assist Trophies I want to be playable are Isaac (Matthew is fine either way), Saki (Isa is fine too), Starfy, Tingle. And for something out of the left field, Infantry & Tanks, as part of the Commanding Officer idea.

If we are counting Pokeball summons too, then I want Meowth and Deoxys. :awesome:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
The thing is that I seen them before fighting, and if they appear, I would just say,"Oh it's just Little Mac from Brawl, now finally a playable character."

Little Mac is now technically a veteran. :awesome:

D

Deleted member

The best choice is obviously Little Mac, though if I had to go by preference, I would like Ray in Smash.

That said, I do think we're going to be seeing multiple Assist Trophies to be "promoted" to playable status. Little Mac of course being the most likely, but I also see Isaac, Saki and Samurai Goroh being contenders.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
I agree that Little Mac would probably be the best choice. Personally, though, I'd go with Saki (since he's on my top 5 most wanted), however, I'd be fine with Isa as a S&P rep if we do get one.

I dont honestly see any F ZERO characters making it in SSB4.....
Captain Falcon would stay, and we won't see another until SSB5 when F-Zero releases on Wii U and 3DS

The best choice is obviously Little Mac, though if I had to go by preference, I would like Ray in Smash.

That said, I do think we're going to be seeing multiple Assist Trophies to be "promoted" to playable status. Little Mac of course being the most likely, but I also see Isaac, Saki and Samurai Goroh being contenders.
Well we could still have a Ray that is not Ray Mk II, like Ray Mk III from Arena.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom