• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Discussion Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Oh okay, i gotchya.
I would love to see R.O.B become a Gundam fuzing up with all of Nintendo's consoles.

peeup

Smash Lord
Yessssss hell yeah that's what I'm talkin about. Like lets get all Power Rangers up in this ***** but instead of Zords we have a Gamecube for the body, a Virtual Boy for the head, an N64 controller as one arm (like the cable is the arm and the controller is a claw), a Wii Zapper as the other arm (a la Samus or Megaman), Gameboy Classics as legs and then each foot would be an NES.

Or something like that.

Can one of you artsy people draw up a concept for that?

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Virtual Boy could be a trophy, an assist or something like that. Not a character. I mean c'mon.
It should appear in the 3DS version, actually.

Anyway I hope a lot of Nintendo peripherals appear in the game as items. The powerglove especially.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Yessssss hell yeah that's what I'm talkin about. Like lets get all Power Rangers up in this ***** but instead of Zords we have a Gamecube for the body, a Virtual Boy for the head, an N64 controller as one arm (like the cable is the arm and the controller is a claw), a Wii Zapper as the other arm (a la Samus or Megaman), Wiimotes as legs and then each foot would be an NES.

Or something like that.

I used to draw a weird oc that was basically a machine/robot made up of Nintendo consoles. One of the crazier part's of my childhood...

peeup

Smash Lord
I used to draw a weird oc that was basically a machine/robot made up of Nintendo consoles. One of the crazier part's of my childhood...
Quick go rummage through your dumpsters and the like until you find a good concept.

If we don't get a drawing I'll have to whip something up in MS Paint.

And I have a ****ing Mac.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Anyway I hope a lot of Nintendo peripherals appear in the game as items. The powerglove especially.
That'd make a cool item. Wear the Power Glove... now your playing with Power!
It'd make all attacks stronger, but since the controls are ****tacular, all your attacks miss :troll:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Yessssss hell yeah that's what I'm talkin about. Like lets get all Power Rangers up in this ***** but instead of Zords we have a Gamecube for the body, a Virtual Boy for the head, an N64 controller as one arm (like the cable is the arm and the controller is a claw), a Wii Zapper as the other arm (a la Samus or Megaman), Gameboy Classics as legs and then each foot would be an NES.

Or something like that.

I'll try my hand at it. im in class right now so it'll be a while until I can put it up

peeup

Smash Lord
Haha yeah man I probably sound like I'm being wicked sarcastic but actually I think that would be soooo badass. Maybe instead of one arm just being a Wii Zapper it would be a skeletal arm made of DS styluses holding a NES Zapper. Then each foot would be a SNES instead of a NES. Gotta rep all the hardware ya can man. Like his neutral special could open up a little Gameboy SP on his chest and shoot a laser outta it.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Imagine if THAT became Nintendo's next ROB and Game & Watch for smash... :troll:

Okay, I've got two hour's. I'll try to whip up a quick sketch quickly, if not today, I'll upload it tomorrow.

D

Deleted member

The poll was conducted AFTER the trailer. I don't get the point.
Sakurai said:
I was well aware that Pit was a popular character in both America and Japan.

It helps to read what is being said.

There is another source that I would have to search for where he mentions that Sonic and Pit had many requests within North America.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
That's why it should be Captain N, because he uses the power glove, the NES controller, gameboy, etc.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

It helps to read what is being said.

There is another source that I would have to search for where he mentions that Sonic and Pit had many requests within North America.
So Pit helped kill two birds with one stone.

Both popular request and retro. :)

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'm gone for 2 days people. 2 DAYS AND THIS THREAD HAS MOVED ABOUT 20 PAGES SINCE I'VE LAST BEEN HERE!!!

Good job.

I wonder what Manly will make me look like. :3

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Haha yeah man I probably sound like I'm being wicked sarcastic but actually I think that would be soooo badass. Maybe instead of one arm just being a Wii Zapper it would be a skeletal arm made of DS styluses holding a NES Zapper. Then each foot would be a SNES instead of a NES. Gotta rep all the hardware ya can man. Like his neutral special could open up a little Gameboy SP on his chest and shoot a laser outta it.
I just finished the quick sketch. Are you sure you want to see this... abomination I just whipped up? Peeup.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
How anyone can seriously think the dog from Duck Hunt can be a viable contender in any shape or form is beyond me. It's like taking the fish from Balloon Fighter and begging for that.
Because the Balloon Fight Fish doesn't have a proper body build and the Duck Hunt Dog does?

Because there is virtually no demand for Balloon Fight Fish but there is actually some demand (from other people who are not me) for Duck Hunt Dog?

Because Balloon Fighter is the logical choice from Balloon Fight (since he is the protagonist) and Duck Hunt Dog is the logical choice from Duck Hunt by default (since the ducks don't exactly have proper body builds for Smash)?

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
hell yeah I do, anything is great man. Might make my own thread for it haha.
Fine, you asked for it. This was Peeup's idea. :troll:

I actually wanted to add some cartridges and controllers but I couldn't really be bothered. Just a quick embarrassing thing really.

If people actually like this abomination and if I'm bored enough I might even ink it and colour it in...

Anyway's, back to my own business with me. V_V

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Looks like ROB's younger cousin.

Don't forget to get your predictions in the Roster Prediction thread.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Stuff in Duck Hunt Dog's defense
Still don't understand why people support him. He's not really interesting at all, imo. (Please dont quote me on this). And giving him things from the game (ducks, the blaster) could be done for essentially any character. It seems to me the core of his support is because:
"He's retro, a Nintendo IP, and could use the ducks!"
Other than that, basically his whole moveset will be spins and kicks, and random stuff that dogs do. Not saying it's bad, but when people like Mach Rider and Takamaru are in the fray with potentially awesome movesets, (samurai swordstyle, shurikens, a bike, gunz) I just cant get behind Duck Hunt Dog. Seems like a very wishful thought that could be applied to almost anyone (except for the support part). Oh, and why should Duck Hunt get a rep anyway, aside from being retro? Plenty others deserve that spot, and frankly, are cooler imo than a dog.

This has been, "Poor Rants" With Fastblade.
Please don't kill me, or eat me, or... well, I guess you could ignore this post. It probably will be, anyways.

peeup

Smash Lord
Fine, you asked for it. This is Peeups idea.

I actually wanted to add some cartridges and controllers but I couldn't really be bothered. Just a quick embarrassing thing really.

If people actually like this abomination and if I'm bored enough I might even ink it and colour it in...

Anyway's, back to my own business with me. V_V
Dude straight up that's beautiful.

Console-Bot for Smash 4!

Still don't understand why people support him. He's not really interesting at all, imo. (Please dont quote me on this). And giving him things from the game (ducks, the blaster) could be done for essentially any character. It seems to me the core of his support is because:
"He's retro, a Nintendo IP, and could use the ducks!"
Other than that, basically his whole moveset will be spins and kicks, and random stuff that dogs do. Not saying it's bad, but when people like Mach Rider and Takamaru are in the fray with potentially awesome movesets, (samurai swordstyle, shurikens, a bike, gunz) I just cant get behind Duck Hunt Dog. Seems like a very wishful thought that could be applied to almost anyone (except for the support part). Oh, and why should Duck Hunt get a rep anyway, aside from being retro? Plenty others deserve that spot, and frankly, are cooler imo than a dog.

This has been, "Poor Rants" With Fastblade.
Please don't kill me, or eat me, or... well, I guess you could ignore this post. It probably will be, anyways.
Nah not gonna ignore this post, but only because I am like hardcore in disagreement with the spirit of it. "He's retro, a Nintendo IP, and could use the ducks!" is not the half of it man. His game was one of the first I ever played, and even though I ain't seen it in at least a decade I remember it wicked clearly because of that damned sonovabitch dog that wouldn't stop laughing at me. He's wicked iconic, even beyond the gaming universe. As far as gameplay goes, he could be an excellent character based on ranged attacks, as his game was the first (or at least the most popular) Nintendo game to represent the flash gun. That's a possibility nobody else could possibly have.
And you get behind Takamaru? I see no problems with Mach Rider, but... Takamaru would be bland as hell. Oh he'd be a quick swordsman? Sweet get in line behind Marth. Oh he'd throw ninja stars and be all samurai-like? Sweet go get a quick remodel of Sheik. He offers so little in terms of new or innovative gameplay. Duck Hunt Dog would be the first quadruped in Smash (barring Ivysaur, but they would be wicked different so it ain't important), and he has siiiick moveset potential (see; SSBC). I think very few characters are cooler than DHD.

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
Can't these odd ball characters get a stage or assist trophy instead? Being a playable challenger isn't the only way to be represented in smash.

peeup

Smash Lord
Haha well it would be really stupid for a character that doesn't actually exist to only get partial representation. With Console-Bot I'd say its all or nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom